Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,454 members, 7,781,311 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:15 PM

Alert! A Scammer Is Here. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Alert! A Scammer Is Here. (833 Views)

He Is A Scammer Don't Do Biz With Him / Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alert! A Scammer Is Here. by GraphicsPlus(m): 6:30pm On Jul 12, 2013
He opened this thread:https://www.nairaland.com/1356543/mtn-appstore-developer-forum asking developers to go and register and upload their apps. nollyj, quickly did a background check and came back asking the OP whether he was sure since MTN official app store is http://www.nextapp.mtnonline.com, he tried to confuse us by telling us that nextapp is different. I swung into action immediately. First I called MTN in Nigeria and they said it's a scam that what they have is nextapp.mtnonline.com and mtnonline.com/appstore. Not satisfied, I checked the domain name host and the hosting period. I discovered that it's on a shared hosting server and it's just for one year. Whereas mtnonline.com registered for 13 years. Not satisfied, I called a friend who works with GTBank and who has a friend who works at MTN. I asked him to call MTN or his friend and ask them about mtnappstore.com. After some minutes, he called me back and told me that MTN said it's a scam.

Here is my question. Why will Nigerian youths think that there is a shortcut to financial success? Here in India, so many Indian youths are busy labouring to become software developers who will take over Microsoft and Google. If you go to facebook, google and microsoft, you will see young Indians there working and developing robust applications. One of them is Kirupa: http://www.kirupa.com/about/whatiskirupa.htm Come here and see young boys developing amazing things with 3dmax and maya. Why will these scam boys in Nigeria destroy their future when there are several legitimate opportunities to make it in Nigeria?

@Slyr0x, please ban Chromedome with immediate effect.

1 Like

Re: Alert! A Scammer Is Here. by deeobserver209(m): 8:28pm On Jul 12, 2013
Some people don't know that what they do to others will surely be done to them. Real business people don't cheat or scam their customers.
Re: Alert! A Scammer Is Here. by hmultimedia: 9:03pm On Jul 12, 2013
Graphicplus keep on the good work !!!
Re: Alert! A Scammer Is Here. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 12, 2013
@GraphicsPlus, u'll go to any lenght just to prove your point. grin
Re: Alert! A Scammer Is Here. by brine(m): 12:53am On Jul 13, 2013
Now you've taken the role of 'Chief Scamburster' ? SMH
Re: Alert! A Scammer Is Here. by databoy247(m): 7:18am On Jul 13, 2013
GraphicsPlus:

@Slyr0x, please ban Chromedome with immediate effect.

From counselor to NL Boss. See order wey you give Slyr0x...hmm i reserve my comment angry

1 Like

Re: Alert! A Scammer Is Here. by bug24(m): 6:31am On Jul 14, 2013
Lolzzzz!

He added "Please" naa
But to me sha, dat "please" still sounds AUTHORITATIVE! ;DLolzzzz!

He added "Please" naa
But to me sha, dat "please" still sounds AUTHORITATIVE! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

What's Wrong With Vanguard Online? / 5 Reasons Why You Should Use Blogger Bloging Platform / Beware Of Chuksebaba!! He Is A 419ner!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.