Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan (68197 Views)

Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Wole Soyinka Is Better Off As A 'Guinea Fowl' Hunter - Obasanjo / Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 13, 2013
My_Time:

I wont be surprised if Pygru is one of them... His defence for PEJ speaks volumes.. No harm meant

Pygru is an educated illiterate who was paid by Pej to fight for her here. We all know and can see it clearly.. Chai,see life.. Who is this Pygru sef?
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by IYANGBALI: 9:45am On Jul 13, 2013
P.Stacks:

That is the problem we are talking about..
Nigeria is a Forced Marriage, I don't even believe in Marriages not to talk of a Forced one, if Ibo people don't have respect, in the part of the country where I come from, we have Respect as part of our culture, we Respect our Elders, we respect Achievers, we Respect Noble Laureates.

Give me one reason why I should respect Patience, Academically, she can't stand the prof, socially she's not accepted, age wise, the professor is older. Professor wole soyinka has been from time immemorial and fought the military regime to its knees, patience is enjoying from profs labour today and decides to insult a Noble Prof! My God! Wonders they say shall never end..

Nigeria is a Forced marriage.
The North wants Boko Haram, let them give them boko haram.

The S/E wants their Oil revenue or hold d country militantly, let them give them.

We in the South/West are Progressive minded, let them leave us to be..

Everyday I preach one Nigeria not because its convinient for me.

Iet them leave everybody to be, so we can know peace..
The North is hot,
Rivers state has plunged into it,

Pls and pls, let the 1st lady not bring the S/W into this already volatile and tensed Nigeria oo, Cos in the S/W we respect our leaders a lot, not even when there are hard facts as to what happened in Rivers state..

Bipi said Patience Jonathan is her Jesus christ,
Bipi is at the center of the Rivers crisis,
Bipi asked them to shoot rotimi Amechi,
I even heard but I'm not sure, but the said Bipi is Patience's younger brother.
Patience travelled to Rivers state and after the left, d state plunged with Bipi in the middle,
Patience has scolded Rotimi Amechi in public B4, so all this added up to why the Elder statesman had to lend his voice, like he lended a voice when nobody could talk under the dreaded General Sanni Abacha.

Even if the Prof seems to have taken side, even if the Prof is wrong. Patience is d least of people to talk to the prof in such manner.

We take resentment to this in the S/W and we demand she tenders an immediate apology.

We are simple in the S/W but our simplycity should be taken for Stupidity.

If not For Nairaland, a Forum created by a Progressive mind from the south/West.. Seun Osewa created this forum, and you external body from wherever would never hav know what an online forum looks like not to talk of commenting rubbish on such forums..

doesn't Edwin Clark come to talk rubbish everyday "Our Son" does anybody insult him? We let it be, u come here and insult a whole Prof... Ah! OMG!
Nigeria is lossing it. Nigeria is fast plunging.

Everybody is loosing their minds, pls don't let the S/W loose theirs.
thank God you came to our rescue. Fire them all

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by godwinony(m): 9:45am On Jul 13, 2013
Pygru:
carry this your argumentum ad hominem commot here angry
More like arguementum ad populum
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Sall(m): 9:45am On Jul 13, 2013
I cant believe dis imagine an illiterate first lady referring to the prof. I thought voting for ur husband was a mistake now u just confirm it i will not be fool twice the prof is right "be a lady first before becoming first lady)
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by DIVINE78: 9:45am On Jul 13, 2013
adeyemik: Obama had problem with the republicans for a long time, Michel Obama was never quoted to have said a world against any of the republican senators. Blair had a running battle with the house, his wife was never quoted to say a word. For the 18 months l was in Ghana during the term of President John Kufor, his wife was never in the public domain misusing state's resources and causing instigating mayhem. In Kenya when President Kibaki and the opposition leader Odinga had a serious misunderstanding, their wives were never seem in the public domain Aggravating the tension. In Nigeria, during the Abatcha and June 12 wahala, Mrs. Maryam Abatcha, was not seem going after the oppositions wives and children to make the scores even.

President GEJ must curtail the excesses of his wife, she should be stopped from foraying into political and state matters. She must take a clue and emulate other first ladies.
You're wrong to compare PEJ with Michel. While Michel is an educated and modest lady PEJ is an animal married to a drunkard.

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Tunjasko(m): 9:46am On Jul 13, 2013
There are some PEJ's loyalists nd loyal servants on dis thread..Y shuld d wife of a president shut dwn nd close d road because she z passin nd d governor of a whole state can't even cme outWie z dis happenin in a democratic system of govt.in any part of d world.sme said prof Soyinka shuldn't hve intervene in d matter..bt if he didn't talk it z most of u here dat will keep runnin deir mouths spitin out rubbish dat he was in Nigeria nd he couldn't intervene..I tire 4 sme pple..Besides,wot has d prof. said dat dat illitrate madam will open her big hippopotamus mouth 2 insult a world renowed nobel prize winner..d only person i pity in dis matter is GEJ cos dis might degenerate into smtin else..RUBBISH..

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Jeezyy(m): 9:46am On Jul 13, 2013
olayiwola-aims:
With all this response on prof by fellow NL..I just realise that this country has no where to go than to sink.. Whts d different btw u guyz and PEJ?...and who the hell is PEJ to b talking to a whole Nobel laureate...smh ..
you sound really childish with this your post. Is d prof a god that can't b corrected?, i can categorically tell u dat d prof is begining to lose it, on what grounds is he justifying his claims?
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:46am On Jul 13, 2013
duni04:
Don't mind the i-diots. They've turned it into a tribal thing. I wonder why people from the SE and SS find it difficult to seperate tribal sympathies from individual objectivity. Its very very shameful!
I am from the South-South but I am with the Prof. on this one. Not every SS is in support of PEJ's actions.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by McDavidTyGer(m): 9:47am On Jul 13, 2013
I belive u prof.*for now nigeria don't have a 1st lady,a woman that talk anyhow,a woman that her have no fear for her state and country,a woman that can't speak good english or stand out to speak for her country and she's trying to make her brother the governor of the state and look at what he was saying H O A*(Aromate),we don't need those type of governor in rivers state or 1st lady like that

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by datmix(m): 9:48am On Jul 13, 2013
;DNigeria yi ti gbogbo wa ni oma tin baje
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by neowelsh(m): 9:48am On Jul 13, 2013
If i may ask, when Yara'dua was our president(may his gentle soul rest in peace), did we hear any of these from his wife? Honestly Mr. president need to caution his wife.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 13, 2013
Billionaires: Wole Soyinka introduced Pirates Fraternity to Nigerian Campuses, and Pirates Cult has been responsible for thousands of deaths of Nigerian Students in the past.

The Professor has married 3 times and divorced 3 times, evidently, no woman can put up with his lifestyle. I guess excess sperm can make the man senile at old age. His hate for his ex-wives has made him insult every woman that crosses his path.

By insulting my First Lady, you have permitted me to insult you my bearded old hero. Henceforth, you are no more my hero for insulting a woman, it is not customary for a man to throw a jibe at a woman, not where I come from.

WOLE SOYINKA keeps quiet when the President sleeplessly renovate our airports, construct our roads, hunt for loans to improve of infrastructures but arrange a world press conference to insult someone's wife. I would feel terribly bad, if I was Jonathan, cos no one can insult my lady without receiving a silver slap in the face, but this President has been too nice, its the reason a political cockroach like Amaechi is still breathing. Time will tell.
If you don't know what the Pyrate Confraternity, nay National Association of Seadogs, stands for shut your mouth.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by bestview: 9:48am On Jul 13, 2013
[s]
P.Stacks:

That is the problem we are talking about..
Nigeria is a Forced Marriage, I don't even believe in Marriages not to talk of a Forced one, if Ibo people don't have respect, in the part of the country where I come from, we have Respect as part of our culture, we Respect our Elders, we respect Achievers, we Respect Noble Laureates.

Give me one reason why I should respect Patience, Academically, she can't stand the prof, socially she's not accepted, age wise, the professor is older. Professor wole soyinka has been from time immemorial and fought the military regime to its knees, patience is enjoying from profs labour today and decides to insult a Noble Prof! My God! Wonders they say shall never end..

Nigeria is a Forced marriage.
The North wants Boko Haram, let them give them boko haram.

The S/E wants their Oil revenue or hold d country militantly, let them give them.

We in the South/West are Progressive minded, let them leave us to be..

Everyday I preach one Nigeria not because its convinient for me.

Iet them leave everybody to be, so we can know peace..
The North is hot,
Rivers state has plunged into it,

Pls and pls, let the 1st lady not bring the S/W into this already volatile and tensed Nigeria oo, Cos in the S/W we respect our leaders a lot, not even when there are hard facts as to what happened in Rivers state..

Bipi said Patience Jonathan is her Jesus christ,
Bipi is at the center of the Rivers crisis,
Bipi asked them to shoot rotimi Amechi,
I even heard but I'm not sure, but the said Bipi is Patience's younger brother.
Patience travelled to Rivers state and after the left, d state plunged with Bipi in the middle,
Patience has scolded Rotimi Amechi in public B4, so all this added up to why the Elder statesman had to lend his voice, like he lended a voice when nobody could talk under the dreaded General Sanni Abacha.

Even if the Prof seems to have taken side, even if the Prof is wrong. Patience is d least of people to talk to the prof in such manner.

We take resentment to this in the S/W and we demand she tenders an immediate apology.

We are simple in the S/W but our simplycity should be taken for Stupidity.

If not For Nairaland, a Forum created by a Progressive mind from the south/West.. Seun Osewa created this forum, and you external body from wherever would never hav know what an online forum looks like not to talk of commenting rubbish on such forums..

doesn't Edwin Clark come to talk rubbish everyday "Our Son" does anybody insult him? We let it be, u come here and insult a whole Prof... Ah! OMG!
Nigeria is lossing it. Nigeria is fast plunging.

Everybody is loosing their minds, pls don't let the S/W loose theirs.
[/s]

Next time bring your village champion..this is not for shallow minds.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by IYANGBALI: 9:49am On Jul 13, 2013
project8: Abeg my hear word jare! My Bend if na PEJ compose this writeup.
Hehheheheeheh I laugh in itsekiri.so she don finally graduate frm her adult English class and wan come display am for Father of modern English literature,hhahahahaah ,mumy abi na anti expect Atomic rebrutal frm d prof.stay tuned guys.
I can't wait to hear from uncle Wole
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by hod898(m): 9:49am On Jul 13, 2013
A reputable and respected entity such as Wole Soyinka knows what he was saying... He's no illiterate, he's a social and human rights activist and wouldn't just come on Tv. to caution the first lady.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by emmydee(m): 9:50am On Jul 13, 2013
Billionaires:

By insulting my First Lady, ....... .
He did not insult your "first lady". He only said the truth. Tell your first lady to lie low. All her ranting will only erase d small small good jobs Mr.President has done.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by imauri: 9:51am On Jul 13, 2013
Pygru:
pity yourself undecided
WHY? Weather you like it or not, she is a vagabond, just like her husband.. the Prof speaks the truth, an un elected individual parading with impunity, holding a state, its governor and an entire country to hostage! For what ! She has to voice, she should be quiet.... and U should try not to portray this level of idiocy anywhere
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by bestview: 9:51am On Jul 13, 2013
chrismalik2010: pity yourself, when soyinka speaks, we think he is always right. To hell with him and his yorubas who adore him

GBAM
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Temptee101(m): 9:52am On Jul 13, 2013
carzola: Yet to see any logical comment.. 1st of all PGJ cant say that its too perfect for her kg2 brain... 2ndly soyinka should go and sit down, or he wants to enter politics?
Must you play an active role in politics before you know what is right or wrong? Pls be reasonable for once
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by wowo2: 9:52am On Jul 13, 2013
GEJ and his wife are befitting of Nigeria...
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 13, 2013
What an embarrasing number of 'likes' on the front page.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Spandy(m): 9:53am On Jul 13, 2013
This woman is creating a lot of enemy and trouble for her husband
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by jasper7(m): 9:53am On Jul 13, 2013
I am ashamed of what I am reading here. WS speaks out and some ignorant pple are saying he's meddling. What kind of ignorance and stupidity is this? That's why most Nigerians are suffering and dying. Nigerians need to wake up and speak out! And stop taking poo from the so-called "High and mighty". Politics is not a game or whatever you guys call it. because every tweak in that "game" is affecting the lives of 150+ million people. If men like WS and other spiritual and Traditional Leaders keep quiet, when their voice can be easily heard. Then we are in an Abysmal situation. People shud get more involved and talk more. Just like WS did.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 13, 2013
Imagine former crayfish seller,uneducated first lady open her bucal cavity to utter rubbish to a Professor. By the way,can PEJ define embarrassment?what in her dictionary is an embarrassment? I swear,I feel like just crying at this cos for PEJ to open that filth she calls her mouth to spew that rubbish is perhaps the biggest embarrassment. This mad woman and her husband would drive Nigeria to a civil war with their uncultured way of life and barbaric utterances. The North is always on fire,PeJ wants to set ablaze the east and cause confusion in the west.. Rather than let her disrupt this country we all love so much, God would wipe her off to let peace reign
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 13, 2013
chrismalik2010: pity yourself, when soyinka speaks, we think he is always right. To hell with him and his yorubas who adore him
I assure you you'll run from this thread when we follow to where you're taking it to - tribalism. Eggheaders, Desola, St. Black, Texas Cowgirl, etc will come after you.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by jjcbuthot: 9:55am On Jul 13, 2013
joeluv: I am a gej supporter, but that woman is an embarrassment to women, how dear she insult woke Soyinka, what he hell has she achieved? Involving her self with known cultist like Evan bipi is the height of embrassntent. Yeye woman

You are shameless... You still have the gut to say you are a GEJ supporter. Where is this country heading to?

Why are you are GEJ supporter? Because GEJ is from SS? I pity you and generations coming from you.

Anyway, 2015 is around the corner.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by IYANGBALI: 9:55am On Jul 13, 2013
nacosprof: EDUCATION IS NOT 4FOOLISHNESS, U OUGHT 2MAINTAIN INDEFATIGABLE STATE INSTEAD OF BEEN SENTIMENTAL STATE OF ACRIMONY........GEJ IS OUR FIRST CITIZEN N SHOULD BE RESPECTED
he should respect us too
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by justhelp(m): 9:55am On Jul 13, 2013
Billionaires: Wole Soyinka introduced Pirates Fraternity to Nigerian Campuses, and Pirates Cult has been responsible for thousands of deaths of Nigerian Students in the past.

The Professor has married 3 times and divorced 3 times, evidently, no woman can put up with his lifestyle. I guess excess sperm can make the man senile at old age. His hate for his ex-wives has made him insult every woman that crosses his path.

By insulting my First Lady, you have permitted me to insult you my bearded old hero. Henceforth, you are no more my hero for insulting a woman, it is not customary for a man to throw a jibe at a woman, not where I come from.

WOLE SOYINKA keeps quiet when the President sleeplessly renovate our airports, construct our roads, hunt for loans to improve of infrastructures but arrange a world press conference to insult someone's wife. I would feel terribly bad, if I was Jonathan, cos no one can insult my lady without receiving a silver slap in the face, but this President has been too nice, its the reason a political cockroach like Amaechi is still breathing. Time will tell.
. God of mercy see one of the wasted generation prof talk about.God please help his children not to follow his part,cos this is a blind man warlking on the highway thus he is a wasted homo sapien.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by rezzy: 9:56am On Jul 13, 2013
Every other post has one or more likes. Nawaho
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by bestview: 9:57am On Jul 13, 2013
Akell:

....and Achebe would be remembered for giving the whole world a distorted view of the Nigerian Civil War in his swan song tittled 'There was a Country'

Now you have accepted the fact that the Africa's most influential celebrity and father of modern African literature is Achebe.
While your local champion Soyenka will be remembered for introducing campus cultism and killing of millions of students along the line. It is an undeniable fact that Soyenka will not be remembered for any positive thing.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by IYANGBALI: 9:58am On Jul 13, 2013
Spandy: This woman is creating a lot of enemy and trouble for her husband
don't worry 2015 don dey bath
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Standing5(m): 9:58am On Jul 13, 2013
And why is PEJ the one to speak for Soyinka's admirers? The woman funny small sha!!! Now that it is clear that she, her husband and their co-travellers are fast losing popularity, they ve decided to speak up for Soyinka's admirers. They are simply afraid of the multitude who will applaud Soyinka's stance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (25) (Reply)

Senator James Manager Kneeling For Ibori (Picture) / Photos Of Governor Ambode And Theresa May In Lagos / Nnamdi Kanu Shares 50-Year-Old Newspaper About Aburi Agreement (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.