Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? (14279 Views)

Why Do People Use Marriage As A Means To Insult Single Successful Women? / 10 Things Most Girls Do When Going To Meet Their Boyfriends / Help! He Used My Sextape As A Means To Sleep With Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by Benspoon(m): 11:04pm On Jul 13, 2013
Itz actually a 9ce idea bt av u 4gotten cynthia dat waz killd im d facebook saga in lagos. I think we shld jst b careful abut sum online frnds.

1 Like

Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 13, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

I have a man.

i know...
Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 13, 2013
xynerise: We all have our different reasons to be here.

1.Some are here to advertise their products

2.Some are here to get an online partner

3.Some are here to have fun

4.Some are here to get information on Jobs and news around Africa and the world.

5.Some are here to get educated, get inspired and develop a good communication skills.

6.Some dont know why they are here. grin

So we all have a different view of what Nairaland is to us.
3 nd 4 yeaH..
Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by Sciencs(m): 11:09pm On Jul 13, 2013
Nairaland can only be a "perfect" place 2meet a partner if each member av his/her personal inbox where his/her msgs is saved instead of e-mail (inbox).....dat way, each user can check his inbox and respond immediately he/she sign-in n read d msg. It saves one d stress of checkin his e-mail 4 personal msg frm anoda nairaland-user...can't remember d last time I checked my e-mail (inbox)...I speak 4 myself, dnt knw abt other users.

2 Likes

Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by orgasticdance: 11:16pm On Jul 13, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

I have a man.
How is Mr. Chima doing? grin
Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by CollinsLeSkillzMadumere(m): 11:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

I will recommend Nairaland as a source of information to know what is happening in the country and such. However, I can never recommend Nairaland as a place to find a potential partner. There are too many 'kids', bigots, and mentally incompetent people on this forum. Anyone who intends to find a partner on Nairaland, I wish that person the best of luck.
So in a corner of your left mind, you believe a good person can never be on NL abi? Who be you sef? St. HolymAn GolDfish?
Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by CollinsLeSkillzMadumere(m): 11:19pm On Jul 13, 2013
k2039:

7. Some are here to demonstrate their extreme stupidity.

@Op, I'll meet my wife outside of nairaland, afterwards ask her to join or I will meet her outside of nairaland and ask her for her user name. (I never found her here, I only located her here after finding her on the outside).
Hahahaha, Zuwo!
Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by orgasticdance: 11:19pm On Jul 13, 2013
Nairaland is one website that opens sharp sharp on my slow mtn induced browser and that's why i come here first every day. I rather meet girls the old school way angry
Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by Willgates(m): 11:21pm On Jul 13, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

I have a man.

u can find a real man here!

1 Like

Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by HezronLorraine(m): 11:24pm On Jul 13, 2013
Currently!no I'll pass.
@OP,very observant post.
@Seun Osewa.I believe times and again many people must have given u ideas on improving nairaland.
I don't know how hard or easy it is to implement them on the site.
Some recommendations that if added to Nairaland would atttract more traffic,new members and even more endorsement above social networks like facebook or twitter.
1.)Nairaland needs direct messaging other than the email settings:in a case where a fellow nairalander sees anothers comment and wishes to talk privately about it immediately.he or she would use a shortcut option.type a message send it.these messages would be stored as chat between those two persons.anyone can reply immediately.rather than having those messages on the mail.if I'm offline,the sender can't type in his/her message,I'd have to reply their message for them to send their petition.
2.)Nairaland needs an advance internal site search.
Most times.
For example,you made a comment on a particular topic,2 years ago.a new topic relating to the previous surfaces.you don't remember your post,but you remember the topic.in this situation.I would want to type the topic or keywords in the topic and receive topics related to my search on nairaland as result.
Also,you want to follow a member,check them out,a simple search or just typing their names is needed to be directed straight to their usernames.
3.)Every moniker should be like a page,that is updated the facebook style.you can have hobbies,dislikes,beliefs,interest,pictures and so on for others to view.since the policy of secrecy or anonymity doesn't apply to all.
Since nairaland is an interactive forum.all this easy refernces can make the site much more better and acceptable even to the least liberal mind.

8 Likes

Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
dabrake: 3, 4, and 5

some came, saw and became billyionaires
some bought banana manshuns here.

BTW, I noticed that all Nairaland males have long sugarcanes, coupled with the fact that they have excellent 'bedroom' skills.

i laugh in tongues.. hahehohi..
Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by Elxandre(m): 11:30pm On Jul 13, 2013
nairaland aint for that! where u cant even send pms?
Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 13, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Prove it. tongue

seun wont permit him..
Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by kliq(m): 11:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
Any which way...all ways every ways!
Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by pobosky20(m): 11:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
NairaLand wan start teach us bad things o.... undecided
Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by druid06(m): 11:39pm On Jul 13, 2013
Hooking up or looking for love on nairaland is not a good idea with all these stucked up bit-ches ( Pardon my french ).

Most girls as to many guys are just looking to have fun. There're seriously some single ladies on here but for some reason, they don't seem to respond to advances or just toy with a guys emotion like some nonentity.

Some girls are just here to boost their ego. You can imagine a girl not having a beau in the real world and she comes to a forum and post a picture of her in the 1860's and some guys are drooling over and telling her how beautiful she is and all that ish. It boost their egos while we all know even ogres are better looking than they are in the real world.

Don't get me wrong peeps, I have never tried to get hooked up with any lady and I don't intend to.

If you're looking to hookup or a relationship, it's best if you try it in the real world. Your chances are better trying the real way than looking for love online.

1 Like

Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 13, 2013
yes we are
Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by tellwisdom: 12:05am On Jul 14, 2013
Dayzzy:
WTF!! Remember ''We r fasting''

Mumu pikin sad
Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by Picomon(m): 12:13am On Jul 14, 2013
Atleast, yuzedo met miss yuzedo on Nairaland. So that's one good reason for you not to underestimate NL.

Dats all.
Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 14, 2013
Nairaland should have apps that supports online chatting period. I have once raise a thread on why nairaland don't have app for Phones n support chatting only on phone

2 Likes

Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by opensecret: 1:25am On Jul 14, 2013
The forum is so full of alter-ego and pseudo personalities to risk initiating a relationship here

some people dont mind the risk. . . . . . . . besides the alter egos and pseudo personalities might sooner or later decide to hook up with like minds,

but i agree, the element of risk is huge.
Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by Nobody: 1:29am On Jul 14, 2013
Mine is numbers 3,4,5 and possibly 2 grin
Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by Nobody: 1:37am On Jul 14, 2013
356 grin

1 Like

Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by Tingles(m): 4:50am On Jul 14, 2013
sam4xadams: Nairaland should have apps that supports online chatting period. I have once raise a thread on why nairaland don't have app for Phones n support chatting only on phone

I saw a nairaland app on Google playstore some days ago, I dunno if it is official though.

@Post; Nice post, One thing I like about nairaland is that you hardly see people toying with other people's emotions on here, you'd have to be serious enough to start the chase. Let dating sites continue to function as dating sites and let nairaland remain nairaland.

PS; I look forward to having one of the numerous intelligent nairaland babes to myself.
Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by a1solution: 5:28am On Jul 14, 2013
If Nairaland wants go the dating angle, all they really need is advanced search like the one in tagged.com but it will cost Seun some cash.
Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by Nobody: 5:31am On Jul 14, 2013
a1solution: If Nairaland wants go the dating angle, all they really need is advanced search like the one in tagged.com but it will cost Seun some cash.
True.
Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by bibiking7(m): 5:51am On Jul 14, 2013
cant do it. wont work. I tried it once, put my pin in the romance section. A couple of young phaggots started sending me invites and to make it worse, they did not want to tell me where they got my pin from. angry bloody cockeyed hooligans.
Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by sobaemma(m): 6:19am On Jul 14, 2013
To me to know whether someone is good or not in nairaland is impossible cus u know there atimes u post wotever that comes to ur mind,thers a time u be one sided,there is a time someone will post trash and u insult the person,sometime u just decide to post dirty cus no one is seeing u which in reality u cant dare try,so in my perpective u will just end up getting the wrong information of the person,so it would'nt work
Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by opensecret: 6:31am On Jul 14, 2013
jmoore:
he/she needs to be fired

Mynd_44:
You mean shot?

someone like this, should only date a person of similar mind as himself.

this is just one of the many dangers inherent in choosing a partner here.

however, its up to people what they want to embark on.
Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by k2039: 6:40am On Jul 14, 2013
orgasticdance: Nairaland is one website that opens sharp sharp on my slow mtn induced browser and that's why i come here first every day. I rather meet girls the old school way angry
gringringringringringringringrin
Re: Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? by Hemanwel(m): 6:44am On Jul 14, 2013
Inaddition to the enlisted points above,
strange as it may sound,some people come here come learn how to use english abuse person.Eg Idowuogbo(the Omo alata 1 of Mushin)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Landlord's Wife Is Giving Me This "Come And Fvck Me" Sign / Ladies Stop Your Entitlement Mentality! It's Annoying! / I Am The Only One Who Thinks Mrcork Is Not Funny?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.