Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? (23393 Views)

A Good JAVA Programmer Can Earn As Much As #200,000 In Salary. Learn JAVA Today / The Difference Between A Programmer, A Hacker, And A Developer / How Much Do You Earn As A Programmer/developer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by winexviv: 11:54am On Jul 13, 2013
My intention for this is not to show off but rather encourage new comers. I'm still a full time freelancer but currently I earn an average of 300k per month as a developer. sometimes it will be more but at worst this is what I earn shaa.
So feel free to share your monthly income and let the tread continue or email me at winexviv@gmail.com . Goodluck

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by Godwin10(m): 12:30pm On Jul 13, 2013
Brief me on hw u made such amount monthly or do you develop for facebook? Just curious pls.

8 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by mj(m): 1:01pm On Jul 13, 2013
Mine is just part time sha, serving as a corper, i make little monthly. Hopefully after service when I will be available fully, I will make more.
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by nollyj: 1:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
I think you guys should give more information about how long it takes you before you start making this amount so that those planning to enter into this profession will understand that just learning web design and/or programming for two weeks or a month is not enough to get the skills that will earn you such amount listed above

13 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by winexviv: 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
Godwin10: Brief me on hw u made such amount monthly or do you develop for facebook? Just curious pls.
Thanks for your question. This is how i make my cash.

Firstly i build different websites for different clients and satisfied clients keep referring new people to me for new jobs. The minimum i charge for a web job and that is a static website is 50k and that one might be many (can't be specific) per month. Most big jobs i get which are above 500k come but not too often shaa but my agents take their cut too.

Secondly, i develop payment extensions(GTPay, Interswitch, Cashenvoy and Eyowo) for opensources like Opencart and Woocommerce and different clients especially from Nairaland keep buying them. I sell my payment extension for 15k but for custom jobs i might charge 50k and above depending on the task involved. Many clients keep purchasing them.

Finally, i do web programming consulting of upcoming developers and they pay for that. Most of the developers that consult me are my friends shaa, so i charge them small but most times free.

The last but not the least, everything i do is by the special Grace of God, and not by my might, experience or wisdom. This is how i make my money as a freelancer. Goodluck with your career.

NB: You can email me at winexviv@gmail.com

29 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
lol smiley cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by databoy247(m): 10:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
ActiveMan: lol smiley cheesy grin

Boss talk your own na...we are waiting sir grin
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 13, 2013
databoy247:

Boss talk your own na...we are waiting sir grin

grin angry
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by winexviv: 8:33am On Jul 15, 2013
Y the amusements @Activeman?
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 10:55am On Jul 15, 2013
Lord, I need your favour.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by DualCore1: 11:08am On Jul 15, 2013
When I retire, I will take some months to balance the sheets and then get back to this thread and tell. For now, I just keep receiving GTB, Paypal and Payoneer alerts tongue

E fit be 5k per month or something else... I honestly don't know.

Whether na 1 Naira, whether na 1 million... Enjoy what you do and do it well.

I suggest people spend months working on game-changing scripts or applications or web businesses that will feed them over and over than keep building 10k websites month-in month-out...its boring.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by Slyr0x: 11:55am On Jul 15, 2013
Dual Core: When I retire, I will take some months to balance the sheets and then get back to this thread and tell. For now, I just keep receiving GTB, Paypal and Payoneer alerts tongue

Oga DC, we all pray to be like you when we grow ooo
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by dking123: 12:30pm On Jul 15, 2013
Pls let us know whats making you laugh,abi e get something wey you know but you no won talk?
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by talk2me006(m): 12:39pm On Jul 15, 2013
@winvix
Thank you very much for sharing your styles..
I have known you since for that your kind knowledge sharing..But i want to ask which programme language did someone need to write wp plugin?

Greenmouse,graphicplus,Yawatide, we are expecting your own also grin
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by winexviv: 4:29pm On Jul 15, 2013
talk2me006: @winvix
Thank you very much for sharing your styles..
I have known you since for that your kind knowledge sharing..But i want to ask which programme language did someone need to write wp plugin?

Greenmouse,graphicplus,Yawatide, we are expecting your own also grin

To be able to code plugins you need to master PHP, AJAX and PHP (OOP). With that you can build and extend opensource plugins.
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 15, 2013
I don't even know how much I earn monthly.
Its not even uptop 30k.
Tho I started new.let's call it 15k.
I just hope by the time I will be a graduate I will be earning more than that.
God help me and helpp everyone of you amen.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by databoy247(m): 8:23pm On Jul 15, 2013
I made N2,800 last month undecided

But seriously, there is one way to earn more. You just have to be creative and diversify. If you depend on 10k websites like DC said, then you are in for some deep shi.t. Do SEO, social media jobs, etc. I remember someone paid me from Jamaica last month just to help install wordpress and some minor plugins... grin grin Who am i to say no?

I recieve money with my dorm account, western union, face-to-face, normal bank deposits, and believe me i still get payments in form of recharge cards...Nothing is too small for me oh!

The bottom line is, when you diversify and become creative, money would surely come no matter how small or how big. wink

7 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by talk2me006(m): 9:03pm On Jul 15, 2013
databoy247: I made N2,800 last month undecided

But seriously, there is one way to earn more. You just have to be creative and diversify. If you depend on 10k websites like DC said, then you are in for some deep shi.t. Do SEO, social media jobs, etc. I remember someone paid me from Jamaica last month just to help install wordpress and some minor plugins... grin grin Who am i to say no?

I recieve money with my dorm account, western union, face-to-face, normal bank deposits, and believe me i still get payments in form of recharge cards...Nothing is too small for me oh!

The bottom line is, when you diversify and become creative, money would surely come no matter how small or how big. wink
You cant kill someone with laugh ! grin grin
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 15, 2013
databoy247: I made N2,800 last month undecided

You made N2,800 last month and someone paid you from Jamaica last month just to help install wordpress and some minor plugins...

na 1,000 naira he pay you, abeg tell us wetin you dey make monthly no kill us with joke. grin grin grin

DO PROPERTY DECLARATION TOO.
grin cheesy wink

7 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by databoy247(m): 8:46am On Jul 16, 2013
ActiveMan:

You made N2,800 last month and someone paid you from Jamaica last month just to help install wordpress and some minor plugins...

na 1,000 naira he pay you, abeg tell us wetin you dey make monthly no kill us with joke. grin grin grin

DO PROPERTY DECLARATION TOO.
grin cheesy wink

hmm...peple wey dey sell recharge card to over 2000 customers nor wan talk their own.

Oga dual core wey dey sell hosting to the whole Nigeria nor wan talk e own,

Yawa wey dey chop so so dollars nor wan talk e own

Then na me newbie go talk? grin
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 16, 2013
databoy247:

hmm...peple wey dey sell recharge card to over 2000 customers nor wan talk their own.

Oga dual core wey dey sell hosting to the whole Nigeria nor wan talk e own,

Yawa wey dey chop so so dollars nor wan talk e own

Then na me newbie go talk? grin

lols
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by mj(m): 7:27am On Jul 17, 2013
Time to explain, although I do get little jobs through nairaland but most of my jobs come from Web companies here in Nigeria, i have two I work with in Lagos, one in Abuja and one in Ilorin. When the get the jobs, they outsource it to me, which has helped me gained lots of experience. Since some webmaster take 10k for jobs, I stop Web designing greatly, i focus more on custom solutions, building ecommerce, cms,scrips, portal, seo, link building campaigns, etc.
I totally agree with Dual_core, myogaatthetop.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by winexviv: 9:13am On Jul 17, 2013
mj: Time to explain, although I do get little jobs through nairaland but most of my jobs come from Web companies here in Nigeria, i have two I work with in Lagos, one in Abuja and one in Ilorin. When the get the jobs, they outsource it to me, which has helped me gained lots of experience. Since some webmaster take 10k for jobs, I stop Web designing greatly, i focus more on custom solutions, building ecommerce, cms,scrips, portal, seo, link building campaigns, etc.
I totally agree with Dual_core, myogaatthetop.
Great. I think building custom solutions is a silent oil well for high-level developers.
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 17, 2013
See Jamb question!
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 17, 2013
wow! That's awesome
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by emmanuel4758(m): 9:45am On Jul 17, 2013
na so craze dey start frm laughin to undressin b4 u know it kolomental go start
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by Macelliot(m): 9:46am On Jul 17, 2013
I earn the blessing, love & guidance mercy that GOD ALMIGHTY has granted Me, through Jesus Christ my personal Lord and Saviour.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by YellowMosquito(m): 9:48am On Jul 17, 2013
I don't think I will make any impact here, not now sha, so I will wait for the next topic to make front page
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by ichommy(m): 9:52am On Jul 17, 2013
x-cracklord:
i make 300-500k a month, i work with a naija based uk company in Abuja
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by Macelliot(m): 9:54am On Jul 17, 2013
x-cracklord:
Is it in your dream or real life or for mouth.
Re: How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? by Lilimax(f): 9:56am On Jul 17, 2013
x-cracklord:
Cool! grin grin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? / [Project] 2012 Summer Of Code - WORK HAS COMMENCED / Which Programming Language Should He Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.