Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

What Convinces You That You Are Practicing The Right Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Convinces You That You Are Practicing The Right Religion? (972 Views)

Pastor Convinces Followers To Drink "Holy Milk" From His P***s. / How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . / 7 Days Out-Of-Body Odyssey Convinces Scientist Of Heaven's Existence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Convinces You That You Are Practicing The Right Religion? by demmy55(m): 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2013
There are different types of religion practiced in the world - Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism etc.

In some religions, we also have different forms or denominations. For instance, in Christianity, there are different denominations - Pentecostal, Orthodox, Methodist etc.

There are also some people who believe in the non-existence of any god and do not practice any religion. Such people have their personal reasons or believe for doing so.

I’ve read the Bible and I’ve also tried reading the Quran but I’ve only come across the Qurans written in Arabic of which I don’t understand Arabic.

So my questions are:
1. Why do you practice your current religion?
Is it because you were born into a family that practices the religion or you have your personal conviction? And if you have a personal conviction, this leads to my second question.

2. What makes you sure you are practicing the right religion?

Please let’s share what convinces us we are in the right religion.

Well, for me, I believe that there is God and one day, the world will come to an end and everyone will be judged according and in respect to how he/she lived on earth. And a man’s judgment also comes after death.

I believe only those in the right religion will be in good standing.

I got my conviction from the following verses of the bible:
Hebrews 9:27, Romans 5:8, Romans 10:9-10, John 5:24.
Re: What Convinces You That You Are Practicing The Right Religion? by italo: 3:32pm On Jul 13, 2013
I am Catholic because I have tested and found Catholicism to be the one true faith of God.

I have put it up against every religion and creed I know and it comes out unscathed.
Re: What Convinces You That You Are Practicing The Right Religion? by shdemidemi(m): 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
The same roman catholic that won't allow you become pope if you have a wife, isn't that against the scripture?

1 Timothy 4

King James Version (KJV)

4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth
Re: What Convinces You That You Are Practicing The Right Religion? by italo: 3:45pm On Jul 13, 2013
shdemidemi: The same roman catholic that won't allow you become pope if you have a wife, isn't that against the scripture?

1 Timothy 4

King James Version (KJV)

4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth

No it is not. It is only against your fallible and erroneous understanding and interpretation of scripture.

Matt 19:12 "For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

1 Like

Re: What Convinces You That You Are Practicing The Right Religion? by shdemidemi(m): 3:52pm On Jul 13, 2013
italo:

No it is not. It is only against your fallible and erroneous understanding and interpretation of scripture.

Matt 19:12 "For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

Before or after the birth of the gospel of Christ to the church to you and I. Are you a Christian Or a Jew?

Can I be your pope if I have wife and kids, if I can't be why can't I?
Re: What Convinces You That You Are Practicing The Right Religion? by italo: 3:55pm On Jul 13, 2013
shdemidemi:

Before or after the birth of the gospel of Christ to the church to you and I. Are you a Christian Or a Jew?

Can I be your pope if I have wife and kids, if I can't be why can't I?

I dont understand your first question.

To your second question:

You cannot be because you are not a baptised Catholic male.

*notice to all. It isnt me who is derailing the thread*

1 Like

Re: What Convinces You That You Are Practicing The Right Religion? by shdemidemi(m): 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2013
italo:

I dont understand your first question.

To your second question:

You cannot be because you are not a baptised Catholic male.

*notice to all. It isnt me who is derailing the thread*

You might never understand, guess the pope won't tell you all that.

o ye, If I decide to go get baptised with H2o today in your church, I can become the pope as a married man with kids.
Re: What Convinces You That You Are Practicing The Right Religion? by italo: 4:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
shdemidemi:

You might never understand, guess the pope won't tell you all that.

o ye, If I decide to go get baptised with H2o today in your church, I can become the pope as a married man with kids.

Yes.
Re: What Convinces You That You Are Practicing The Right Religion? by demmy55(m): 4:14pm On Jul 13, 2013
italo: I am Catholic because I have tested and found Catholicism to be the one true faith of God.

I have put it up against every religion and creed I know and it comes out unscathed.

After testing, pls tell us the exact tin you found that convinces you Catholicism is the one true faith of God.
Re: What Convinces You That You Are Practicing The Right Religion? by italo: 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2013
demmy55:

After testing, pls tell us the exact tin you found that convinces you Catholicism is the one true faith of God.

Many things, dear. I cannot list them all.

I find all it teaches to be true.
Re: What Convinces You That You Are Practicing The Right Religion? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
italo:

Many things, dear. I cannot list them all.

I find all it teaches to be true.
bowing down to statues, using rosary, holy water, trinity, limbo etc are these in the bible?
Re: What Convinces You That You Are Practicing The Right Religion? by italo: 4:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
Segeggs: bowing down to statues, using rosary, holy water, trinity, limbo etc are these in the bible?

I didnt say "I find all it teaches to be in the Bible."

Even the Bible (which was compiled by the Catholic Church) never said it contains all that is true.

I said I find all that the Catholic Church teaches to be true.
Re: What Convinces You That You Are Practicing The Right Religion? by Syncan(m): 5:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
It seems no other person here is convinced about his religion than Italo. Bro Italo, I am with you in this Conviction.

*Just observation from the posts o*.
Re: What Convinces You That You Are Practicing The Right Religion? by italo: 6:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
Syncan: It seems no other person here is convinced about his religion than Italo. Bro Italo, I am with you in this Conviction.

*Just observation from the posts o*.

I'm amazed at their lack of conviction considering the noise they make all over the place.

Well, empty vessels, they say, make the most noise.
Re: What Convinces You That You Are Practicing The Right Religion? by ooman(m): 8:17am On Jul 14, 2013
when the deluded meets the delusional....
Re: What Convinces You That You Are Practicing The Right Religion? by okeyxyz(m): 10:11am On Jul 14, 2013
The true religion is the one that is able to make you equal to god himself. You can freely eat, drink, use and partake of all knowledge in the universe(just like God himself) without feeling that your godliness has been defiled. The true religion is the one that places all things under your subjection. This is the true doctrine and version of christianity. All other versions are false.
Re: What Convinces You That You Are Practicing The Right Religion? by plaetton: 1:26pm On Jul 14, 2013
demmy55: There are different types of religion practiced in the world - Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism etc.

In some religions, we also have different forms or denominations. For instance, in Christianity, there are different denominations - Pentecostal, Orthodox, Methodist etc.

There are also some people who believe in the non-existence of any god and do not practice any religion. Such people have their personal reasons or believe for doing so.

I’ve read the Bible and I’ve also tried reading the Quran but I’ve only come across the Qurans written in Arabic of which I don’t understand Arabic.

So my questions are:
1. Why do you practice your current religion?
Is it because you were born into a family that practices the religion or you have your personal conviction? And if you have a personal conviction, this leads to my second question.

2. What makes you sure you are practicing the right religion?

Please let’s share what convinces us we are in the right religion.

Well, for me, I believe that there is God and one day, the world will come to an end and everyone will be judged according and in respect to how he/she lived on earth. And a man’s judgment also comes after death.

Hebrews 9:27, Romans 5:8, Romans 10:9-10, John 5:24.

What a slowpoke.
Your religion is the right religion because your religion tells you so.

Just look at this statement which makes some sense.

the world will come to an end and everyone will be judged according and in respect to how he/she lived on earth. And a man’s judgment also comes after death.

And then look at this st.up.id one that completely contradicts the first.

Both from the mind of one person?

There seem to be an epidemic of foolishness in the land.
Re: What Convinces You That You Are Practicing The Right Religion? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:31pm On Jul 14, 2013
I speak to Satan and He tells me the truth. So I know I am worshipping the right Person.

(1) (Reply)

Thank You Jesus....i Am HIV Negative / A Catholic Priest Caught masturbating On A Train / "What Makes Sexuality Sin Such A Big Deal?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.