Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,859 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? (30984 Views)

The Queens And Kings Of Nigerian TV Soap Operas ( Photos ) / Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? / Best Male/Female Newscasters/Presenters on Nigerian TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 18, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Channels n STV's picture quality is poor? Dude what tv do you use??
yeah those Stations have something wrong with their picture.

Here is my list even though it shouldn't be a list.

Nta is the worst when it comes to content of their news and sound quality-their sound engineers should be properly trained.

Silverbird and channels despite having very rich content, totally miss it when it comes to picture quality and channels tv has a very ugly studio that makes you feel you are watching tv in 1988.

Ait is like...I don't even know how to describe it. Their volume control is so bad, I can't watch Ait without holding TV remote. One minute they are so low then you increase the tv volume only for them to take a break and you nearly go deaf. Then they return to the show and the volume is gone again. There hasn't been a single day they got it right.

Just a little comparison, I have been watching bbc since 1993 or so and I have never had to regulate volume. Same goes for cnn. While some may want to argue those stations are huge, we are only covering sound control. Can't Ait or nta afford to train just one sound engineer at BBC's broadcasting school.

And why do nigerian stations find it so hard to switch between their news room and video report. There is no day nta, ait, silverbird, channels and the others won't have their newscaster starring at the camera for a long time before saying "sorry, we will bring you that report later in the news".

There's too much room for improvement. Sometimes, it feels like we haven't started at all.

6 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Ifeconwaba(m): 6:51am On Jul 18, 2013
NTA umuahia is the worst since three years now the ar not on air
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by kiyosaki1(m): 6:54am On Jul 18, 2013
pato station:

Guy, you are saying that the best TV stations are the worst abi? You must be using Sanyo black and white tv
Channels are living on past glory and are now nothing but nta extension
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 18, 2013
Maybe Galaxy.
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Chidosqi: 6:59am On Jul 18, 2013
1. NTA
2. Silverbird Abuja
3. Channels TV
NTA because they have refused to improve, God help you if your dstv scrambles when you are broke, you'll be condemned to watch the worst form of international tv conceivable.
Is Ben Bruce now the co owner of Mount Zion Films, everytime they want to air Nigerian movie it is mount Zion and I am sorry to say o, mount Zion is lagging seriously behind.
Channels TV has poor picture quality. Did you watch NN24, then you can be sure that Channels Tv need to up their picture quality.
AIT, I must say are the most business minded TV station in this country. They really can't be compared with SABC or etc of S.A but, them dey try.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by aforebby: 6:59am On Jul 18, 2013
Brocasting corporation of ibadan (because) is worst,,they are known for politicising their so call ajumose government,,oooh what a bad parkaging,,aji se bi oyo laa nri,oyo o se bii baba eni koo ka...what a bad slogan
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by papi365: 7:05am On Jul 18, 2013
alexarelano: come 2 IB and see B.C.O. S. , U qo faint cheesy grin
LOL
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by papi365: 7:17am On Jul 18, 2013
moshood048: ♍Ɣ own worstest nigerian television station is NTA because Ȋ̝̊̅†̥ supposeto has upgraded more than d way Ȋ̝̊̅†̥ is nw .....if nt because is nt d̶̲̥̅̊@̤̥̣̈̊̇t̶̲̥̅̊ of standard did U̶̲̥̅̊ think we need any outsider stations in nigeria d outsider are nw coming into dis country of ours Ãn̶̲̥̅̊Ď collect our money Ãn̶̲̥̅̊Ď given us d best of best ........am using dis medium to pleade on behave of all individual citizen in nigeria d̶̲̥̅̊@̤̥̣̈̊̇t̶̲̥̅̊ our government to try Ãn̶̲̥̅̊Ď assist us in upgraded most of our resources in dis country up to standard d̶̲̥̅̊@̤̥̣̈̊̇t̶̲̥̅̊ even ppl 4rm outside d country we want to purchase 4rm Ȋ̝̊̅†̥.
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by patrkq(m): 7:18am On Jul 18, 2013
190: what the hell is AIT and NTA or siliver bird

here in america where i live we ent got stations like that

we got channel 7, amc's, maraton, CNN cable news network

goosh Nigerian's y'all should revolt and burn your stations or better still come to america

hediat... sharrap if u no get anything to talk.
this thread is for Nigerian tv channels.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by alphaconde(m): 7:20am On Jul 18, 2013
NTA is the worSt tv channel in d world. If ur tv offers NTA alone just be rest assured u are 20 years behind.
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by patrkq(m): 7:23am On Jul 18, 2013
190:

uhmm i work duh!

here in america where i live,
kids got jobs from age 5 undecided
ur fada again!!!.heediat..
berra sharrap.. wic part of America 5 year old dey get job
na breast dem wan dey suck
guy beta keep quiet or i go vex for u o..

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by avr247: 7:25am On Jul 18, 2013
190: what the hell is AIT and NTA or siliver bird

here in america where i live we ent got stations like that

we got channel 7, amc's, maraton, CNN cable news network

goosh Nigerian's y'all should revolt and burn your stations or better still come to america

Mumu, using a red font doesn't make u a resident of USA. U think say na kenyans dey Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by nnacent(m): 7:26am On Jul 18, 2013
blink182: yeah those Stations have something wrong with their picture.

Nta is the worst when it comes to content of their news and sound quality-their sound engineers should be properly trained.

Silverbird and channels despite having very rich content, totally miss it when it comes to picture quality and channels tv has a very ugly studio that makes you feel you are watching tv in 1988.

Ait is like...I don't even know how to describe it. Their volume control is so bad, I can't watch Ait without holding TV remote. One minute they are so low then you increase the tv volume only for them to take a break and you nearly go deaf. Then they return to the show and the volume is gone again. There hasn't been a single day they got it right.

Just a little comparison, I have been watching bbc since 1993 or so and I have never had to regulate volume. Same goes for cnn. While some may want to argue those stations are huge, we are only covering sound control. Can't Ait or nta afford to train just one sound engineer at BBC's broadcasting school.

And why do nigerian stations find it so hard to switch between their news room and video report. There is no day nta, ait, silverbird, channels and the others won't have their newscaster starring at the camera for a long time before saying "sorry, we will bring you that report later in the news".

There's too much room for improvement. Sometimes, it feels like we haven't started at all.
Broe, u are very much on point. I jst cant bear d unpredictable volume level in AIT, hence i no longer watch d station. Infact in resume, i hate mediocrity with a passion.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Phonon: 7:27am On Jul 18, 2013
NTA NTA NTA NTA NTA NTA....
#running out of letters#
#Downloading more 'NTA'#

That station reduces the IQ of children.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by delpharm(m): 7:28am On Jul 18, 2013
OGTV...chai
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by patrkq(m): 7:28am On Jul 18, 2013
blink182: yeah those Stations have something wrong with their picture.

trueee talk
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by avr247: 7:28am On Jul 18, 2013
Ok, apart from the bone of contention, shouldn't we look at the blunders in form of grammar being exhumed here on Nairaland? My bb is turning to nokia because of these grammar magicians
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by jacob2012(m): 7:29am On Jul 18, 2013
i döt even remember that any tv channels existing in 9ja.
Of recent NTA INT. Was added to amos 5 @17e, at of all the channels in the satellite nta is worst.if i need News in go for cnn,press,bbc etc
entertainmt -Mbc
local prg-orisun & other
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Davidazzle: 7:32am On Jul 18, 2013
OMo you just read my mind....NTA-Nonentity Television Autority
FrostyZonn: 1. NTA

2. NTA

3. NTA

That Television Channel is an embarrassment to Nigeria as a nation.
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by onuwaje(m): 7:32am On Jul 18, 2013
In DELTA- DBS(delta broadcasting service)
In RIVERS-RSTV

AIT
NTA
ETC
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 18, 2013
Kwaratv ....d worst hav ever seen... Kwaratv ....d worst hav ever seen... Kwaratv ....d worst hav ever seen...
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by stanech: 7:33am On Jul 18, 2013
Try EBS Benin u go laugh tire. At a point during news broadcast you go hear for backgroung "talk louder" , "fix the mike well" I watch them just for laughs

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by igbsam(m): 7:41am On Jul 18, 2013
SLIDE waxie: B.C.O.S,
O.S.B.C !!!
U go fear!!!

Na Degree ? grin

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Abrahman: 7:44am On Jul 18, 2013
MITV THEY DONT HAVE SPECIFIC TIME,FOR MOST OF THEIR PROGRAMMES.WHEN THEY TRY TO SHOW AN INTRESTING PROGRAMMES LIKE WRESTLING WHICH IS MY FAOURITE AT A POINT THEY JUST CUT OFF WITHOUT ANY REASON ALL U JUST SEE IS CHRIST EMBASSY.I THINK THEY SHOULD SACK THEIR OPERATOR OR WHO EVER IS IN CHARGE.SECONDLY THEIR RADIO STATION WEN (MOFE AND MOYO) ARE READING THE NEWS ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU WILL JUST HEAR SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FEW MINUTES LATER MOFE WILL SAY WE ARE DEEPLY SORY FOR THE BREAK OUT TRANSMISSION DUE T
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by slimyem: 7:48am On Jul 18, 2013
Nobody here has seen my state's TV?
OSRC carries it!!

I would have said BC-OS but they have really improved in the past one year.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by phollarsewa(f): 7:49am On Jul 18, 2013
NTA .Gosh they re so annoying.Their programs jargons.The only program i enjoy most is A.M EXPRESS........That's all
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by wheesin(m): 7:50am On Jul 18, 2013
Kwara TV....lame and locallllll
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by ShackAttack: 7:50am On Jul 18, 2013
Superscreen TV.
*poor quality programmes
*same background for all tv presentation
*cinema dubbed movies
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by sharkslayer007: 7:51am On Jul 18, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Channels n STV's picture quality is poor? Dude what tv do you use??
TECNO TV,,,HAHAHA
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by walyx(m): 7:52am On Jul 18, 2013
MITV IS SO WORST DAT FRM 10AM TO 6PM,ALL THEIR PROGRAM IS FRM E.TV ON DSTVMITV IS SO WORST DAT FRM 10AM TO 6PM,ALL THEIR PROGRAM IS FRM E.TV ON DSTVMITV IS SO WORST DAT FRM 10AM TO 6PM,ALL THEIR PROGRAM IS FRM E.TV ON DSTV
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Osisinakpo(m): 7:52am On Jul 18, 2013
Mine worst TV station is DBS and DRTV in delta state

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by AlPicapcI(m): 7:52am On Jul 18, 2013
MITV AND GALAXY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Euphoria Star, Angus Cloud Dies At 25 / BBNaija: Nina's Sister Cries Out “My Sister Is Being Used By Miracle Fans" / Pete Edochie To Feature In 'The Pledge', A Prince UC Ingawa Movie (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.