Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,664 members, 7,805,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Help Install Windows On Chrome OS - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Install Windows On Chrome OS (6190 Views)

How To Install Windows On Free Dos Hp Laptop / How To Install Windows 8 On Android Phone Or Android Tablet / Google Announces Own OS (Google Chrome OS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Install Windows On Chrome OS by eyenCalabar(m): 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2013
Hi Gurus,

Please I need help on how to install Windows on Chrome OS. The Chrome came with the system and I want to change it and so sad I don't know anything about this OS or how to manipulate it at all. The system is Acer mini with no CD/DVD ROM Drive though I have external around. How do I go about this please?

Mods, please help put it on frontpage. I need some urgent responses. Thanks.
Re: Help Install Windows On Chrome OS by Serendipity: 3:53am On Jul 14, 2013
eyenCalabar: Hi Gurus,

Please I need help on how to install Windows on Chrome OS. The Chrome came with the system and I want to change it and so sad I don't know anything about this OS or how to manipulate it at all. The system is Acer mini with no CD/DVD ROM Drive though I have external around. How do I go about this please?

Mods, please help put it on frontpage. I need some urgent responses. Thanks.
Pls how do you see your acer mini cos i want to buy one..
Thanks.
Re: Help Install Windows On Chrome OS by physise(m): 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2013
get a windows installation disc
Re: Help Install Windows On Chrome OS by eyenCalabar(m): 10:32pm On Jul 14, 2013
Serendipity:
Pls how do you see your acer mini cos i want to buy one..
Thanks.

It's in the shops. But this very one with Chrome OS came in from the States.

physise: get a windows installation disc

I have Windows Vista and 7 ready with me.
Re: Help Install Windows On Chrome OS by eyenCalabar(m): 10:37pm On Jul 14, 2013
Mods, pls help put it on frontpage. I need more responses so that if at the end it successful others can also learn from it. This seems new and I don't just know how to go about it.
Re: Help Install Windows On Chrome OS by physise(m): 6:22am On Jul 15, 2013
eyenCalabar:

It's in the shops. But this very one with Chrome OS came in from the States.

I have Windows Vista and 7 ready with me.
put d installation disc on ur pc,switch on ur pc press either f2 or f12 to enter bios go to bootup n place cd/dvd rom first den save n exit ur pc will nw read d disc n u can install window os
Re: Help Install Windows On Chrome OS by eyenCalabar(m): 8:43am On Jul 15, 2013
physise: put d installation disc on ur pc,switch on ur pc press either f2 or f12 to enter bios go to bootup n place cd/dvd rom first den save n exit ur pc will nw read d disc n u can install window os

It doesn't give any provision to enter BIOS. Opening the system (i.e raising up the lid) powers it and requires that you connect to the internet (using available options there) before you can even access the desktop else you'll be using (browsing) it as a Guest. I wish you have seen this OS before to know exactly what I mean.
Re: Help Install Windows On Chrome OS by physise(m): 11:27am On Jul 15, 2013
eyenCalabar:

It doesn't give any provision to enter BIOS. Opening the system (i.e raising up the lid) powers it and requires that you connect to the internet (using available options there) before you can even access the desktop else you'll be using (browsing) it as a Guest. I wish you have seen this OS before to know exactly what I mean.
ok try using google
Re: Help Install Windows On Chrome OS by paulabdeel(m): 10:31pm On Jul 16, 2013
The ChromeOs is supposed to enable you connect very fast to the internet and it is almost dependent on the internet. I have a ChromeOS I downloaded sometime back. Get a Windows OS and try to dual-boot, because when you need to connect with the internet the ChromeOs is super fast.
Re: Help Install Windows On Chrome OS by eyenCalabar(m): 10:16am On Jul 17, 2013
paulabdeel: The ChromeOs is supposed to enable you connect very fast to the internet and it is almost dependent on the internet. I have a ChromeOS I downloaded sometime back. Get a Windows OS and try to dual-boot , because when you need to connect with the internet the ChromeOs is super fast.

@bolded:
Pls give me steps because the OS has no BIOS. Can't even detect a bootable CD.
Re: Help Install Windows On Chrome OS by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:08pm On Jul 17, 2013
@OP, forget it. You can't change it to windows. Well, at least not easily. You are stuck with Chrome OS.
Re: Help Install Windows On Chrome OS by paulabdeel(m): 8:52am On Jul 18, 2013
Google the name and model of the Laptop.
Re: Help Install Windows On Chrome OS by eyenCalabar(m): 2:21pm On Jul 18, 2013
paulabdeel: Google the name and model of the Laptop.

C7 Acer mini Chromebook.
Re: Help Install Windows On Chrome OS by olalekanba(m): 8:55am On Jul 20, 2013
Re: Help Install Windows On Chrome OS by Ugokings4luv(m): 12:32pm On Jul 22, 2013
undecided
Re: Help Install Windows On Chrome OS by eyenCalabar(m): 3:02pm On Jul 22, 2013
olalekanba: for window - http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2374193,00.asp

for linux - http://liliputing.com/2012/11/how-to-install-ubuntu-12-04-on-the-199-acer-c7-chromebook.html

That's actually for Chromebook Cr-48
Re: Help Install Windows On Chrome OS by tvreporter: 7:44am On Jun 20, 2015
How To Install Windows On PC – This is not hard topic, but it is a very important topic once you have your own laptop or pc. If you don’t have your own pc that is within your reach to install windows 7 and you can also install windows 8. http://www.techcules.com/install-windows-pc/

(1) (Reply)

Announcing Google Nigeria / Debunking The 6 Biggest Myths About ‘technology Addiction' / Us Ordered Dell Latitude E5420..intel I3,4gb Ram,250gb,wifi, Great Battery...45k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.