Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,600 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Quotations Against Tithing By Reputable Men Of God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Quotations Against Tithing By Reputable Men Of God (6206 Views)

Is Our Lord Jesus Christ Against Tithing? / The Backlash Against Tithing - A Must Read / Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quotations Against Tithing By Reputable Men Of God by DrummaBoy(m): 9:19pm On Jul 17, 2013
In this post I make available qoutes from a reputable bible school and encyclopedias on the tithe:

Moody Bible Institute,
(tithing) , Today in the Word, Questions and Answers, Sept 23, 1996. Giving to God first can become a real challenge to our faith when it seems that our paycheck won't stretch far enough. There's no New Testament command to this effect, because we don't have the detailed instructions on tithes and offerings found in the Law. But setting aside our offering to the Lord first is a tangible way of telling Him that He is first in our affections. It's also a wonderful way to express our confidence in His ability to meet needs

Encyclopedia Americana [p6, 259] ; "tithe"

"It (tithing) was not practised in the early Christian church but gradually became common (in the Roman Catholic church in western Europe) by the 6th Century. The Council of Tours in 567 and the 2nd Council of Macon in 585 advocated tithing. Made obligatory by civil law in the Carolingian empire in 765 and in England in the 10th Century... The Reformation did not abolish tithing and the practice was continued in the Roman Catholic church and in Protestant countries (until it was) gradually replaced by other forms of taxation. The Roman Catholic church still prescribes tithes in countries where they are sanctioned by law, and some Protestant bodies consider tithes obligatory."

Catholic Encyclopedia, New, tithe; tithing

The early Church had no tithing system ... it was not that no need of supporting the Church existed or was recognized, but rather that other means appeared to suffice.

Catholic Encyclopedia, New Advent, tithing history

In the Christian Church, as those who serve the altar should live by the altar (1 Cor., ix, 13), provision of some kind had necessarily to be made for the sacred ministers. In the beginning this was supplied by the spontaneous offerings of the faithful
Re: Quotations Against Tithing By Reputable Men Of God by Elverita5(m): 6:22am On Jan 08, 2014
good day dear anti tithes compatriotes, i(Elvérita5) thought i am alone in this battle against tithing in the new covenant. i was amazed at the debates going on in this forum. i agree with all the christians who are against tithing and from henceforth i will bring my own contributions. To God be the glory. i started posting on my facebook page which you can consult at El véritas or alain gervais. for your information i am based in yaoundé in cameroon and i express myself both in french and english. that is why i have postings both in french and english languages. GOD bless of all you.

1 Like

Re: Quotations Against Tithing By Reputable Men Of God by PastorKun(m): 7:38am On Jan 08, 2014
Elvérita5: good day dear anti tithes compatriotes, i(Elvérita5) thought i am alone in this battle against tithing in the new covenant. i was amazed at the debates going on in this forum. i agree with all the christians who are against tithing and from henceforth i will bring my own contributions. To God be the glory. i started posting on my facebook page which you can consult at El véritas or alain gervais. for your information i am based in yaoundé in cameroon and i express myself both in french and english. that is why i have postings both in french and english languages. GOD bless of all you.

You are very much welcome to this forum. smiley let's join hands to set the tithe captives free. We look forward to your contributions on this forum.
Re: Quotations Against Tithing By Reputable Men Of God by DrummaBoy(m): 12:17pm On Jan 08, 2014
Elvérita5: good day dear anti tithes compatriotes, i(Elvérita5) thought i am alone in this battle against tithing in the new covenant. i was amazed at the debates going on in this forum. i agree with all the christians who are against tithing and from henceforth i will bring my own contributions. To God be the glory. i started posting on my facebook page which you can consult at El véritas or alain gervais. for your information i am based in yaoundé in cameroon and i express myself both in french and english. that is why i have postings both in french and english languages. GOD bless of all you.

You are welcome.

Please visit the thread below to observe a tithe discuss going on presently btw anti-tithers and tithers; it is about the most civil we have been able to create on this forum

https://www.nairaland.com/1548047/theological-discuss-tithing-rhymeyjohn-image123

Whatever your thoughts are on the discuss there, you may leave your comment on it on a sister thread below as you are not allowed to contibute to the discuss until it is concluded. This is the thread you can comment on based on your observation in the discuss thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1540233/inviting-tithers-theological-discuss-miwerds

You are welcome.
Re: Quotations Against Tithing By Reputable Men Of God by vooks: 11:44am On Oct 22, 2014
Am sure image scarcely believes this herself.
Jesus also COMMANDED an ex-leper to offer animal sacrifices. Do you offer sacrifices?

Luke 5:14 English Standard Version (ESV)
14 And he charged him to tell no one, but “go and show yourself to the priest, and make an offering for your cleansing, as Moses commanded, for a proof to them.”

You can read all about the OFFERING in Leviticus14:2-32
Image123:

seems you need another education on tithing, seeing all you have been shown has either been forgotten or was never learned or you are among the "ever learning" crew. Jesus Christ taught tithing and said it ought to be done. Let all reputable men of God (so called) be liars and Jesus God be true.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How The Universe Was Created And Who Created It, Disproving Atheism / Nigerian Anglican Bishop Arrested In Prostitution Sting / Mary Mother Of Jesus Mosque Spotted In Abu Dhabi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.