Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,316 members, 7,780,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:38 PM

Advice Me On Toyota Avalon 2001 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice Me On Toyota Avalon 2001 (3498 Views)

Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon / Modifications On Toyota Corolla 2010 / Advice Needed On Toyota Sienna Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Me On Toyota Avalon 2001 by cyan2008(m): 9:37pm On Jul 14, 2013
I want to get a Toyota, and my choice has been Toyota Avalon.
Can someone advice me on the pros and cons of having the car.

Is the maintenance affordable,etc?

I need the contribution of those who, perhaps have used the car
Re: Advice Me On Toyota Avalon 2001 by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 14, 2013
pros:Roomy, Dependable, Fast (I do know that it will do 130 mph)
Smooth ride,easy handling. Great highway gas mileage. Huge trunk. Quiet engine

cons:wheel size should be bigger
The guages are not all digital. No gps was available.

overall:Great car that's fun to drive.
Good value for money smiley
Re: Advice Me On Toyota Avalon 2001 by tempex88(m): 12:19am On Jul 15, 2013
Gulps fuel.... If u don't mind fuel consumption den go get it.
Re: Advice Me On Toyota Avalon 2001 by kingschild123(m): 5:43am On Jul 15, 2013
The 2001 Toyota Avalon comes in standard with a 3.0-liter, 210 horsepower V6 engine. The XL is nicely equipped, including cruise control, antilock breaks, and a number of other comfort features upgraded sound system, alloy wheels, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. Fuel efficiency is very ok.
Drivers love the 2001 Avalon for its extremely
comfortable ride and excellent handling. Many
owners compare the Avalon to a luxury brand
car like the Lexus. Drivers also like the wide
array of available options and the spacious
interior. Complaints are mostly minimal and/or
cosmetic, with many finding the Avalon to have
bland styling both inside and out.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On Toyota Avalon 2001 by KA24DETT(m): 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2013
Very boring to drive . No soul , no emotion
Re: Advice Me On Toyota Avalon 2001 by RollingFella(m): 7:11pm On Jul 25, 2013
I currently use a toyota avalon 2001 model and the car is rock solid.it has a lot of luxury feautures that the camry do not havce.its a v6 engine,fuel efficiency is very good for a v6 engine.it can come with a 15 inches alloyed wheels or a 16 inches wheels.mine came with a 16 inches.its parts are almost same price with camry parts.its a much stronger car than the camry.the chasis are reinforced,so also with its parts.toyota mechanics may not see you frequently cos the av alon does not de velope faults easily.its electonic wizardry is top notch.the avalon is toyota flagship sedan and can never be compared to any toyota sedan.the 2001 model avalon uses the same engine with the toyota sienna,lexus ES300 and it can only be compared to a lexus.Drive it and you will hate the camry. quote author=cyan2008]I want to get a Toyota. , and my choice has been Toyota Avalon.
Can someone advice me on the pros and cons of having the car.

Is the maintenance affordable,etc?

I need the contribution of those who, perhaps have used the car
[/quote]
Re: Advice Me On Toyota Avalon 2001 by RollingFella(m): 7:18pm On Jul 25, 2013
It does not gulp fuel.I use a 2001 avalon XLS with 16 inch alloy rims,monoroof,250watts 6CD changer sound system.
tempex88: Gulps fuel.... If u don't mind fuel consumption den go get it.
Re: Advice Me On Toyota Avalon 2001 by JUO(m): 9:27am On Jul 26, 2013
It does not gulp fuel
stories, how many km per litre do you get on highway and city?
Re: Advice Me On Toyota Avalon 2001 by RollingFella(m): 5:29pm On Jul 27, 2013
To begin with, how do you classify cars that consume fuel and ones that don't. Let's try to be more technical. edmunds.com will tell you 19/27 mpg for city/highway, while cars.com will tell you 21/29mpg for city/highway. But I will like your own personal assessment based the usage of the car.

JUO: stories, how many km per litre do you get on highway and city?
Re: Advice Me On Toyota Avalon 2001 by chelseabmw(m): 9:10am On Jul 30, 2013
KA24DETT: Very boring to drive . No soul , no emotion

you have never driven an AVALON

2 Likes

Re: Advice Me On Toyota Avalon 2001 by RollingFella(m): 6:46pm On Aug 02, 2013
You are on point. A lot of people has never driven an avalon and just base their judgement of the avalon cos its a V6 engine. The avalon engine is one of the most fuel efficient engines ever produced by toyota. The 2000-2004 model Avalon engine is used by the Sienna, lexus ES300 while the 2005 model upwards shares the same engine with camry 2007 XLE V6,2006 Rav4 and also lexus ES models of that particular year. Nobody should drive a camry untill after a test drive with the avalon.
chelseabmw:

you have never driven an AVALON

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What Could Bend a Car control arm? / Where Can I Rent A Vintage Car For A Wedding? / Is The Nissan Altima 2007 A Problematic Car? I Want To Buy One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.