Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Nairaland I Need Help - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairaland I Need Help (1891 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland I Need Help by ensign(m): 4:03pm On Jul 15, 2013
pls, naiaralanders how can i register for toefl without having to go through lagos third party exploiters. I am a resident of lagos and i want to take the exam in lagos next month.pls i need advice quickly before its too late. pls help my educational career oooooo.
Re: Nairaland I Need Help by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 15, 2013
ensign: pls, naiaralanders how can i register for toefl without having to go through lagos third party exploiters. I am a resident of lagos and i want to take the exam in lagos next month.pls i need advice quickly before its too late. pls help my educational career oooooo.
Visit www.ets.org/toefl‎ and do it yourself
Re: Nairaland I Need Help by ensign(m): 5:37pm On Jul 15, 2013
tanx but how do i make payments.i mean banks in nigeria to pay in.
Re: Nairaland I Need Help by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 15, 2013
ensign: tanx but how do i make payments.i mean banks in nigeria to pay in.
First you register to have an account with them after which you schedule an appointment and make payment with your credit card
Re: Nairaland I Need Help by fittty(m): 10:56pm On Jul 15, 2013
fados4sure:
First you register to have an account with them after which you schedule an appointment and make payment with your credit card

ETS dont accept credit cards from Nigeria. Last time i checked they only accept any Nigeria bank DEBIT VISA card NOT MASTER card online their website.
Re: Nairaland I Need Help by fittty(m): 10:58pm On Jul 15, 2013
ensign: pls, naiaralanders how can i register for toefl without having to go through lagos third party exploiters. I am a resident of lagos and i want to take the exam in lagos next month.pls i need advice quickly before its too late. pls help my educational career oooooo.

READ THIS:

bigfrancis21: TO PROSPECTIVE gre AND toefl TEST TAKERS:

It is no longer a hidden fact that gre and toefl test takers in Nigeria cannot register for the test online. Even someone registering on your behalf from abroad is banned once the test taker would still be writing in Nigeria.

Well, I have good news for you. Are you aware that you could still register for the exam by yourself, fast and at the lower official ets test fee? All you need to do is simply call ets and register! Its that simple. Just as you can call to schedule a visa appointment, so can you call to register for your gre/toefl test! If saving money is your priority, rather than wasting N50,000 needlessly on gre agents and enriching their bank accounts when you could simply do it yourself at the cheaper official gre price of $185(N29600) or at $175(N28,000) for toefl, then this option is best for you.

To register, you'll need the following:

1) Your gre account login details on the ets website. If you don't have an account already, quickly visit http://www.ets.org/gre to create your account. for toefl, you'll need your toefl account login details on the ets website. If you don't have an account already, quickly visit http://www.ets.org/toefl to create your account.
2) A valid GTB MasterCard. I can't really vouch for other types of debit cards because I've not used them before. However, I'm sure of GTB MasterCard because it never fails to work. Take note of the 16-digit card number printed on the front of the card, the expiry date (month and year) also embossed on the front of the card and lastly, the c.v.v code, which is the 3-digit code printed on the back of your ATM card. Have these details handy because you'll need to provide them to the agent to enable them make the payment over there for you. Of course, I need not remind you that you must have funds of, at least, the registration fee amount in your account for a successful payment.

After you must have done the above, then you're ready to go. call the ets registration Center on +31320239593. That is the phone number of the ets registration center or Region 9 located in Netherlands and it is the ets center, out of the 12 regional registration centers worldwide, in charge of registering Nigerians for toefl and gre. Once you call, you'll hear the voice prompt and wait to be connected to the next available customer agent. Once you're connected, the agent will ask you for your login details which will enable him log into your account and register you over there by himself.

First, you'll be asked for these details - first name, middle name, surname, address, date of birth, phone number, email address, preferred test center number and test date. Second, comes the payment stage. At this stage you'll provide the agent with your ATM card details to enable him/her key in the data and make the payment himself. Once successful, you'll be told by the agent and also receive an email immediately containing your examination e-ticket.

PS: Be sure to recharge, at least, N750 credit on your phone as you'll be spending some good quality time on the call (15-20 minutes).

Please, this is in no way a scam but rather, its one of the valid means of registering for the gre or toefl test as you'll see stated on the ets website:
http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/register/cbt/
http://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/register?WT.ac=toeflhome_ibtregister_121127

However, only a few people know about this easy and cheap means. Two noble members from this forum registered successfully on Friday and this morning after telling them about it.

Success.

http://www.ets.org/s/mygre/rrc.html
www.ets.org/s/toefl/pdf/toefl_ibt_rrcs_11-12.pdf
Re: Nairaland I Need Help by 7HighTech: 12:40pm On Jul 17, 2013
Hey guys, pls, I'd like to find out about the risks I might face for buying a one way flight ticket from Lagos to Moscow with Turkish Airlines as a first time International Student. What I might encounter at the Moscow Airport in the hands of the Immigration officers. There's someone that's kept on telling me to get a Return Ticket. Pls, I need your views from experience. Thanks!
Re: Nairaland I Need Help by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 17, 2013
7HighTech: Hey guys, pls, I'd like to find out about the risks I might face for buying a one way flight ticket from Lagos to Moscow with Turkish Airlines as a first time International Student. What I might encounter at the Moscow Airport in the hands of the Immigration officers. There's someone that's kept on telling me to get a Return Ticket. Pls, I need your views from experience. Thanks!
What kind of visa are you in position of?
Re: Nairaland I Need Help by Godson201333(m): 2:53pm On Jul 17, 2013
fados4sure:
What kind of visa are you in position of?

Since Moscow is his destination,I am assuming Russia
Re: Nairaland I Need Help by Godson201333(m): 2:53pm On Jul 17, 2013
7HighTech: Hey guys, pls, I'd like to find out about the risks I might face for buying a one way flight ticket from Lagos to Moscow with Turkish Airlines as a first time International Student. What I might encounter at the Moscow Airport in the hands of the Immigration officers. There's someone that's kept on telling me to get a Return Ticket. Pls, I need your views from experience. Thanks!

Yes you can buy one way so far you are in possession of STUDENT VISA
Re: Nairaland I Need Help by Fahorey(m): 7:01pm On Jun 20, 2015
Thanks man, I have read through your comments about GRE online registration. Thus, I have registered with GRE online and also choose my test center ( 31 August, 2015) in Lagos state. My problem is the payment issue in other for me to obtain the ticket number. Hence, can I make use of Fidelity bank credit card for the payment?

Waiting for you reply
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

The World's Most Dangerous Roads - Pictures / Advise On Country I Can Relocate To With 1.5 Million Naira / Business Man To Launch UNITED NIGERIA AIRLINE Soon.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.