Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,899 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:33 AM

Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers (37934 Views)

How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband / How Do I Stop My Baby From Thumb Sucking? / Prophet Ajanaku's Family Eject Wife From His Property. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by kokoye(m): 8:26pm On Jul 15, 2013
@ OP

yup.

... start wearing miniskirts
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 15, 2013
My brother leave ur life with ur wife abeg.I don't think is wise to start no w telling ur wife to stop wearing trauser.Instead let ur parents see reasons with u. That woman have her own family too don't forget that. If she come 2moro and tell u to stop drinken for instant that his family don't like it,won't u feel she is trying to control u?
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by kenysbabe(f): 8:28pm On Jul 15, 2013
Its ok if he wants her to stop wearing trousers but we trade some things for what we truly want. He should get her very nice gowns, elegant skirts , good jeweleries that match and NEVER stop doing that. She won't mind wearing things her hubby got for her and when they are very classy stuffs and plenty,with time that will be more in her wardrobe and will constitute what her fashion style is. Actions speak louder than words. He should change things with love.

10 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by dangerousMOUTH(f): 8:34pm On Jul 15, 2013
Acidosis: Will she die if she stops this trouser stuffs?

SHE be MAN?
Abeg wia them write am say trousser na for men? Una go just dey read bible just to put pple in bondage.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 15, 2013
Cut all d Trousers to Nicker.
Bet it, she go stop am by force.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by dangerousMOUTH(f): 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2013
karizmanigeria: WOULD YOU RATHER SHE WORE MICRO MINI'S?
Help ask am oo
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Feedmemore(f): 8:41pm On Jul 15, 2013
Op, you friend is an insecure dude, simple!

She was probably wearing trouser when he met her.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by lacicrips(m): 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2013
supaeagles: The man should start wearing skirt to public places grin

(Btw, #justchecking: the year is effing 2013 right??)

And so? If it was wrong in 1983, what makes it right in 2013?

If she can't do without wearing trousers, then she should file for a divorce. This is a simple matter.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by AGgal(f): 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2013
engrjidex: Cut all d Trousers to Nicker.
Bet it, she go stop am by force.
Cut my trousers to nicker,i go wear am lyk dat come ur office make we see who shame go catch. Since na by force

2 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Fhemmmy: 8:43pm On Jul 15, 2013
Was she wearing pants before they got married? If yes, why dancing to the tune of other people and not just be happy with his wife and their life together?

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by zoomzu(f): 8:44pm On Jul 15, 2013
I buy bumb short for my wife, what ever I see on ladies outside, I asked them where they got them from and buy it for my wife to wear.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Fhemmmy: 8:46pm On Jul 15, 2013
Acidosis: Will she die if she stops this trouser stuffs?

SHE be MAN?

And will the husband die if the wife refused to tie just wrapper?
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by nerodenero: 8:47pm On Jul 15, 2013
I think the lady in question is your wife and not your friend's own.I think you should be bothered about issues that will add value to your family than this one.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by supaeagles(m): 8:50pm On Jul 15, 2013
lacicrips: And so? If it was wrong in 1983, what makes it right in 2013? If she can't do without wearing trousers, then she should file for a divorce. This is a simple matter.
what is indecent about regular ladies trousers please? Maybe OP clarify locations here, are we taking about Lagos or boko haram country here (no offense to my Maiduguri peeps oh).

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by antaimoor: 8:50pm On Jul 15, 2013
i don't think so u can't stop
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 15, 2013
This man is mad to expect such a drastic change from his wife.Why didn't he go for a lady that doesn't wear trousers?His wife is not his daughter, trying to control her to that extent ll only bring ruins.

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Fadelex(m): 8:52pm On Jul 15, 2013
I just read a book by Gary Chapman titled "things I wished I'd known before we got married".... it's a wonderful book and dis is one of d issues raised.... definitely d guy had reservations concerning it b4 they got married but he's emotional state overrode his reality... he didn't see it as a big deal hoping she will stop when they get married, as some1 rightly said, they should see a marriage counselor...as for d singles out there please read the book, it's helpful
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 15, 2013
Fhemmmy:

And will the husband die if the wife refused to tie just wrapper?
hahah! Hilarious grin
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Etumgbe(m): 8:56pm On Jul 15, 2013
Pls tell dat man to stop drinking GULDER and change to STAR

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Sike(m): 8:59pm On Jul 15, 2013
Okworigeorge: neatly used HTC desire 4 sale....okworigeorge@gmail.com
Aje. Maybe Next time.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Ab025(m): 9:00pm On Jul 15, 2013
Pls, u guys shud not blame d man 2much

I would not stop my wife from wearing trousers, but my wife must wear only decent trousers. All of u ladies are jumping in support of d lady bt pls ask d guys here, do u know howmany times we hav stoppd ladies on d road becos of d "over-revealing" trousers they put on only to hear d lady tell u "am married"...?

Am nt sayin ladies should not put on trousers after they get married bt pls u ladies should go and throw away all those ur skimpy and over-revealing trousers, leggins and skirts when u get married.....afterall, are u trying to attract someone else apart frm ur husband?

And how do u people know that d man did not initially warn d lady abt putting on trousers b4 they got married? Are there not so many things we tell our galfriends wen we are dating not to do but they keep on doin it even till inside marriage?

I think d man himself shud enter d market and buy his wife d type of trouser he wants her to wear, bt pls u gals shud stop insultin d man, he is just gettin over-jealous over his wife and it is somtin they shud be able to work out.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by freecocoa(f): 9:01pm On Jul 15, 2013
That man is simply foolish.

Mschew.

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Ogojohn(m): 9:01pm On Jul 15, 2013
sexymoma: He has a right to demand this but didn't he notice that before he got married to her? why cant he be telling her that when they get married she would stop putting on trousers, the lady might have find her way if she felt she cant cope with that rule when they were in courting, why is it that it now that the man discovered that it ungodly to put on trousers...
Medicine After Death.
My candid Advise for him is to let the see reasons why she should stop putting on trousers, let him talk to her with love and gentle ways, Agidi cant solve this issue o because the lady is not at fault.
If she stops putting on trouser and start fornicating nko
I see no big deal in this thing.
Women don make some men women. What are we debating here.? That a man don't have a right to stop her wife from wearing trousers. Na once I go talk am. unless I am not her husband. what are men of nowadays turning to. Jelly beans. I suppose.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by lolaluv1(f): 9:09pm On Jul 15, 2013
SMH.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by IboBoyNuel(m): 9:09pm On Jul 15, 2013
why would you stop your wife from wearing trousers...you should hv even talkd to her about it b4 getting married to her
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Chigorkizz(m): 9:12pm On Jul 15, 2013
If wearing trouser is the mans' prblm there4,the wife shud switch 2 bum short.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 15, 2013
filcast: hello nairalanders,.
I need to advise a friend urgently.He has been married to his wife for about 1 year and recenty requested the wife to stop wearing trouser,except for sport activitiess.His reason is that both their families belong to religious faiths that view a female wearing trouser as immoral.This request however has not gone down well with the wife who has become unhappy and bitter.she faulted the husband for not raising the issue during courtship as she is already used to wearing trousers. Pls advise this young man on how to handle this to save the union some stress.Does my friend have the right to demand this of his wife.
WTF...see what religion will cause in Nigeria.when she had on pants during courtship,he was tantalized by her ikebe and decided to marry her and now after marriage,he suddenly remembers his religious affinities.
was it not recently that the son of a church leader violate their own church rules and heaven did not fall.
wow!!! what is sinful about a woman putting on an attire that covers her body?people and religion while the church leader is busy doing all sort of things,church members are busy trying to be holier than the pastor.
well,,he should leave her cos of his religious beliefs and get married to one who will follow the beliefs but will be sleeping with multiple men outside
BS
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ogojohn: Women don make some men women. What are we debating here.? That a man don't have a right to stop her wife from wearing trousers. Na once I go talk am. unless I am not her husband. what are men of nowadays turning to. Jelly beans. I suppose.
Right!!!!!
define the word right!!!!
what of her human rights to be free to do whatever she wants as a human being?
am a man and believe me,stopping my wife from putting on pants does not make u a man,it just makes u a deluded,stuck in the village ape.....thats y most men run after stupid hollistic things and end up getting married to undercover ashawos all in the name of wanting to be in control
your actions as a husband will dictate the way your wife lives with you.

8 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by buddymate: 9:22pm On Jul 15, 2013
Naivity is the problem with so many people. I don't see anything wrong with trousers for a woman except if she's wearing the provocative ones.
I think he shld face more realistic things than using frivolities to wreck his own home.
In my own view, I'd prefer my wife to wear trousers always than those skirts u don't know if they ran out of material while sewing.

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by AZeD1(m): 9:23pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ogojohn: Women don make some men women. What are we debating here.? That a man don't have a right to stop her wife from wearing trousers. Na once I go talk am. unless I am not her husband. what are men of nowadays turning to. Jelly beans. I suppose.
Go for a brain scan urgently

3 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 15, 2013
Thank God am not your wife cos as soon as you get it into your head that you can now tell me what to wear, from then on just expect me to dictate to you what u wear to every occasion and what you can't wear, cos I said so. mtcheww!

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by dabrake(m): 9:30pm On Jul 15, 2013
filcast: hello nairalanders,.
I need to advise a friend urgently.He has been married to his wife for about 1 year and recenty requested the wife to stop wearing trouser,except for sport activitiess.His reason is that both their families belong to religious faiths that view a female wearing trouser as immoral.This request however has not gone down well with the wife who has become unhappy and bitter.she faulted the husband for not raising the issue during courtship as she is already used to wearing trousers. Pls advise this young man on how to handle this to save the union some stress.Does my friend have the right to demand this of his wife.
In an era where women have to stay 2 steps ahead of their game, where smartness, speed and other factors come in, how will she cope? bearing in mind that she might need to climb stairs, she might need to run (at times), she might want to climb okada, some even climb masts/base-stations, . . . It's even more difficult to rape her when she's on a trouser (compared to when she's on skirt)
I think pre-medieval thinking in 2013 is very wrong, silly and brainless.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Scorned Woman Takes To Facebook To Launch An Attack On Married Lover & Family / I Need A Wife To Get Married To In 2014 / Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.