Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers (37971 Views)

How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband / How Do I Stop My Baby From Thumb Sucking? / Prophet Ajanaku's Family Eject Wife From His Property. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Ella239(f): 12:24pm On Jul 16, 2013
Just follow her up wit wat d bible said in Deu 22 vs 5 and also go 2 God in prayer
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by bukatyne(f): 12:58pm On Jul 16, 2013
Ogojohn: Women don make some men women. What are we debating here.? That a man don't have a right to stop her wife from wearing trousers. Na once I go talk am. unless I am not her husband. what are men of nowadays turning to. Jelly beans. I suppose.

I hope you let your wife to be know this
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by bukatyne(f): 1:08pm On Jul 16, 2013
MostHigh:

So being asked to stop wearing trousers by your husband will make a girl miserable as you say?

Ever heard of self sacrifice? this should be practiced in every home by both partners for the sake of the marriage and children

Old woman like you talking like a little spoilt child......

Lost your shiny toy and your all miserable

So what do you expect the children to emulate?

SELFISHNESS

I hope not all women are as shallow AND SELF INVOLVED as you

can't the sacrifice this time be from the man's side?
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MostHigh: 1:10pm On Jul 16, 2013
bukatyne:

can't the sacrifice this time be from the man's side?

If you read the post again you will notice I said self sacrifice should be encouraged and practiced by BOTH PARTNERS.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by bukatyne(f): 1:17pm On Jul 16, 2013
Ayatullah:

What an evil question you are asking...............when has not wearing trouser become the alternative to fornicating? Yours should be a dirty mind embarassed
Why cant you Christian women who take delight in wearing trouser stop this act the Bible frowned at..........a good Christian Lady/Woman will only
emulate MARY, the mother of Jesus. Or who else should be the Christian woman role model? Definitely not the likes of Tonto Dike and other So-called Nollywood or Hollywood stars.

There is a recent interesting thread on Mary.

I don't know where the Bible told us to emulate Mary. If there is an indirect reference of whom to emulate, it's the virtuous woman in Prov 31 : 10 - 31. The Christian role model is Jesus Christ. Please leave Mary out of this abeg!
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by bukatyne(f): 1:19pm On Jul 16, 2013
MostHigh:

LWKM true...

Well luckily for me again she didn't life would have been proper boring

That being said regarding life and its ups and downs she has held her own quite well.

Let me try again...

Can you depend on her in times of.....

Is she the kind to adapt to life changes and still come out strong?

The husband in question is asking his wife to adapt to changes he feels are important and has even given her REASON

ARE COUPLES NOT SUPPOSED TO REASON TOGETHER

Is the husband reasoning with the wife in this case? Or is it only a woman the sacrifices in marriages?
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MostHigh: 1:25pm On Jul 16, 2013
bukatyne:

Is the husband reasoning with the wife in this case? Or is it only a woman the sacrifices in marriages?

The OP mentined nothing of beatings,blackmail,coercion or any such disgracefull behaiviour from the husband

It sounds more like a request.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by bukatyne(f): 1:26pm On Jul 16, 2013
jaydonv: Well, without adopting the superciliousness of a compulsive chauvinist, I think the wife should try and put off her own dogged beliefs in yielding to her spouse. On one hand, wearing of trousers by women is considered a norm where as in another it is a thing associated with opprobrious immorality.

By no measure should this frivolous matter result in incendiary disputation between the couple. It is an issue to be resolved amicably while defenestrating any domestic skirmish into complete oblivion.

Thanks

How will the issue be resolved amicably when the wife is to try and put off her own dogged beliefs in yielding to her spouse?

Imagine a master saying he and his servant decided to ....
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by meemeee: 1:27pm On Jul 16, 2013
Adikam: What of if she stop wearin trousers and start wearin mini skirts nko?
grin grin grin
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by bukatyne(f): 1:35pm On Jul 16, 2013
soledadd: Wearing of trousers is not a do or die tin. If she has enough love and respect for her husband she should drop it. Its not a big deal. You can get other good and confortable clothes in the market. Before i met my husband i stopped wearing trousers by myself and when i met him he insisted i should wear it cos he likes it. Then i accepted. You dont have to take trivial matters seriously lest they ruin your relationship. Think and act wisely. Those giving you advice may not be there when your home is broken. Its a reality that you must face. Its not like you are single.

It is women like you who make marriage sound like a bondage. 'She is no longer single, it's a reality she must face.'

It's always good to compare oranges to oranges. Your husband told you before you got married that he loves trousers; the key word is before marriage. He didn't wait until after marriage b/4 shifting the goal post.

Their relationship is already ruined. If the husband loved and respected his wife, he would have told her his feelings on her dressing b/4 they got married.

P.S. You do not have a mind/conviction of your own.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MostHigh: 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2013
bukatyne:

It is women like you who make marriage sound like a bondage. 'She is no longer single, it's a reality she must face.'

It's always good to compare oranges to oranges. Your husband told you before you got married that he loves trousers; the key word is before marriage. He didn't wait until after marriage b/4 shifting the goal post.

Their relationship is already ruined. If the husband loved and respected his wife, he would have told her his feelings on her dressing b/4 they got married.

P.S. You do not have a mind/conviction of your own.

On the contrary she has spoken her mind clearly.

grin
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by bukatyne(f): 1:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
Havana: If the lady in question is a christian, then Bible should be her watchword:

1. 1Cor.7:34 but she that is married cared for the things of the world, how she may pleased her husband. remember that verse also says a man that is married cared for the things of the world, how he may please his wife

2. Eph 5:33b the wife should submit to her husband and the husband should love his wife

3. 1Tim 3:12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.
The man is bound to rule the entire family well, by correcting whatever needs to be corrected.

A man does not rule his wife except you are telling me that the children are more important

4. 1Peter 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
The wife should accept her husband decision so that his prayer will not be hindered.

This ought to have been finalized in courtship. It is a great lesson to those that are yet to marry. Courtship is not a Tantalizer or Tasty Fried chicken affair, though you can meet there but don't forget to ask the right question. Do not be overpowered with emotion, ask all necessary questions please.
Thank you.

What would be your advise if it was the other way round? i.e. the husband wants the wife to start wearing trousers?
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by bukatyne(f): 1:54pm On Jul 16, 2013
MostHigh:

On the contrary she has spoken her mind clearly.

grin

She spoke her husband's her mind but clearly has no conviction
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MrsChima(f): 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2013
This is a cinfession of a controlling man.

Na wa oo for the madam.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 16, 2013
MostHigh:

Its not the trouser that questions waywardness, although most men will use it as a yardstick

Its the obedience issue

And regarding your future Na only you know your innermost thoughts

But some form of character always simmers to the top
OK.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MrsChima(f): 3:09pm On Jul 16, 2013
filcast: hello nairalanders,.
I need to advise a friend urgently.He has been married to his wife for about 1 year and recenty requested the wife to stop wearing trouser,except for sport activitiess.His reason is that both their families belong to religious faiths that view a female wearing trouser as immoral.This request however has not gone down well with the wife who has become unhappy and bitter.she faulted the husband for not raising the issue during courtship as she is already used to wearing trousers. Pls advise this young man on how to handle this to save the union some stress.Does my friend have the right to demand this of his wife.

Sir....please be truthful with me. Is the main reason you want your wife to stop wearing trousers is because she tight in the pants and attracting unwanted attention?

If she wore pants before marriage and you married her knowing she wear pants...then the joke is on you.

You made the decision when you said I do and deal with it. I am sure there are things she requested of you and you have exercised your right to opinion.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by amacastel: 4:43pm On Jul 16, 2013
This is d height of hypocrisy the wife should not wear trouser xcept on sport activities pls oga husband and ur supporters go sew gown 4 ur wife 4 sports let knw say u sabi go church u are not even a man wen ur family control the affair in ur house (ike di nna na ebe nne no) try and change the dress code by steady shoping of nice quality and xpensive skirts and gown with costume and shoe to match them not wit mouth action speak louder than voice pls don't 4get to buy a gud car that wil match the dressing 2 .@ people talkng abt love and adaptation if u love ur wife u wil not seek counsel in the hands of ur relative on how to live wit her,adaptation kwa pls go and ask the old men wot the white men that brought Christianity for us wear wen bringing it. She is a partner not slave or maid (even the bible confirms that) check ur dictionary for the meaning of partner b4 partnership stats rules are set out if there is any change it should suit both party.even ur child will refuse to some of ur istruction let alone a partner
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by amacastel: 4:43pm On Jul 16, 2013
This is d height of hypocrisy the wife should not wear trouser xcept on sport activities pls oga husband and ur supporters go sew gown 4 ur wife 4 sports let knw say u sabi go church u are not even a man wen ur family control the affair in ur house (ike di nna na ebe nne no) try and change the dress code by steady shoping of nice quality and xpensive skirts and gown with costume and shoe to match them not wit mouth action speak louder than voice pls don't 4get to buy a gud car that wil match the dressing 2 .@ people talkng abt love and adaptation if u love ur wife u wil not seek counsel in the hands of ur relative on how to live wit her,adaptation kwa pls go and ask the old men wot the white men that brought Christianity for us wear wen bringing it. She is a partner not slave or maid (even the bible confirms that) check ur dictionary for the meaning of partner b4 partnership stats rules are set out if there is any change it should suit both party.even ur child will refuse to some of ur istruction let alone a partner
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Successfigure: 5:59pm On Jul 16, 2013
I advice you to stop her because i can lead her to hell.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by omiobo: 7:20pm On Jul 16, 2013
OP,Yes!you can stop your wife from wearing trouser. I'm on your side.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by babsomotde(m): 10:51pm On Jul 16, 2013
Why be say na trouser issue you see afte una don marry? This should have been what you should have done during courtship. Now, I dont think you can stop that. But WITH God, all things are possible.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by filcast(m): 11:39pm On Jul 16, 2013
Unbelievable!!! I cant believe how far this topic has gone.It did not only make fp on nairaland but as i am typing this am also listening to it on nigerian info 99.3 fm.Ms fola has chosen it as the topic of discussion tonight and callers are so so passionate.pls tune in now,its crazy!
Now what do i get from all these? Can i demand some form of royalty here?
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 17, 2013
The man should move his family to Afghanistan, then she would have to obey him tongue

On a serious note, if it is really important to him,on the one hand he should have resolved the issue with her before marriage.

On the other hand if it really important to him, it is a relatively small and painless sacrifice that she could make.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by fagin1982(m): 7:25am On Jul 17, 2013
berem: He wants his wife to stop wearing trousers, but he can commit adultery with other women who wear trousers abi?

Op, tell your friend say Bomb dey im head!!

Religious faith my black a$$! angry

@Berem Your Blackass for real ..Wait till you get married before you understand better...He has every. Right to talk to the wife to stop putting up trousers ..but it must be discussed and resolved amicably ,that's what makes them 1...There's nothing wrong or right with wearing trousers..but when the man says He doesn't want it ..A wise woman will always heed to the husbands counsel.. @Berem you sounded like a spinster..

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by soledadd: 9:13am On Jul 17, 2013
[quote author=bukatyne]

If you are mature enough you would have known beter.there is an issue here, you have never tried to profer a solution all you do is make mockery of yourself. I am a mother of 3 with experience in marriage. May be you are still jumping from one man to another and you think you can equate boy-girl relationship to marriage. Beter grow up. Many marriages are in shambles today because of minor issues that got out of hand. When you are married you exist for both yourself and hubby. Marriage is not so easy as you may think. You got to be able to tolerate a lot lest you loose it

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by soledadd: 9:41am On Jul 17, 2013
This woman should listen to her husband. There are times a woman corrects her husband. If you cannot respect his oppinion how do you think he will listen to you when when you correct him. You are existing for each other and therefore can correct each other as well.

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by yetunde01(f): 11:28am On Jul 17, 2013
Since it is the husbands family that is complaining, the wife should wear trouser but not to her in-laws place.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by bukatyne(f): 12:17pm On Jul 17, 2013
[quote author=soledadd][/quote]

Madam Soledad, Your pedigree is really not important here. You don't know if I am a reverend sister, single, engaged, married or an aristo.

Nowhere did I try to make mockery of you in my post. Marriage means different things to different people. If marriage is not so easy, why are you in it? where you forced to marry or remain in it?

The issue is why did the man decide to change goal post after the marriage?

I wonder what the period of courtship is for. The OP asked a salient question: Why did the hubby not complain then? Why now?

I agree that couples can correct each other but it will be fool hardy to wait to correct my hubby in marriage about what he has been doing right from courtship.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by biolabee(m): 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2013
bukatyne:

She spoke her husband's her mind but clearly has no conviction

I dont agree with you on this comment

She is very wise keeping her home together

Too many smart but unwise ladies around.. using their own hands to destroy their own marriage

What use is happiness (getting what you want) without peace (true joy)

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Dorisonyin: 1:10pm On Jul 17, 2013
with love he can stop her
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by bukatyne(f): 1:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
biolabee:

I dont agree with you on this comment

She is very wise keeping her home together

Too many smart but unwise ladies around.. using their own hands to destroy their own marriage

What use is happiness (getting what you want) without peace (true joy)

The last I remembered, Marriage is built by both husband and wife. Sacrifice and compromise doesn't come from one party else there will be disappointment and bitterness. A lot of women are so bitter and caustic because all their lives they have sacrificed without getting anything in return.

Happiness is not necessarily getting what you want. Peace doesn't equate true joy either. If I were a slave, I can decide to do my master's bidding for peace to reign but I will never be truly happy wink

I said she doesn't have conviction because she wore trousers at her fiancée's insistence. I wonder what posters like Acidosis will say. Why did she stop in the first place?

A woman is NOT a zombie to follow her hubby brainlessly. If the hubby asked her to do something wrong, will she do it for peace to reign? Remember Ananias and Sapphira in The Bible. The first person to obey/respect is God.

My major problem is that the hubby was comfortable with it till after marriage. I dislike wicked people like that. He knows the woman is going no where and he starts saying don't do this, don't do that. What will he bring on tomorrow? And the woman keeps changing to satisfy him and when she becomes bitter, he will start complaining that she has changed.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Fhemmmy: 2:04pm On Jul 17, 2013
bukatyne:

The last I remembered, Marriage is built by both husband and wife. Sacrifice and compromise doesn't come from one party else there will be disappointment and bitterness. A lot of women are so bitter and caustic because all their lives they have sacrificed without getting anything in return.

Happiness is not necessarily getting what you want. Peace doesn't equate true joy either. If I were a slave, I can decide to do my master's bidding for peace to reign but I will never be truly happy wink

I said she doesn't have conviction because she wore trousers at her fiancée's insistence. I wonder what posters like Acidosis will say. Why did she stop in the first place?

A woman is NOT a zombie to follow her hubby brainlessly. If the hubby asked her to do something wrong, will she do it for peace to reign? Remember Ananias and Sapphira in The Bible. The first person to obey/respect is God.

My major problem is that the hubby was comfortable with it till after marriage. I dislike wicked people like that. He knows the woman is going no where and he starts saying don't do this, don't do that. What will he bring on tomorrow? And the woman keeps changing to satisfy him and when she becomes bitter, he will start complaining that she has changed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) / My Husband And Mother In Law Are Very Close that it makes me uncomfortable / I Need A Wife To Get Married To In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.