Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,392 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers (37959 Views)

How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband / How Do I Stop My Baby From Thumb Sucking? / Prophet Ajanaku's Family Eject Wife From His Property. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by soledadd: 2:46pm On Jul 17, 2013
@Bukatyne you have really shown a picture of yourself. You can be a reverend for all i care. I dont think you have an experience here. You are not into marriage to prove that you are a strong woman. But you entered because love exists between you two. It doesnt matter whether he said it before of after marriage. I started wearing trousers again because my hubby likes me in that. I was not under duress. I willingly acepted and it never made me feel belated. I am hapilly married and cannever have any regret being with my hubby. I will choose him more than a million times over. This issue is too trivial to cause a break up in marriage. A woman who wants complete love from a man will be ready to reciprocate by respecting your him .

3 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Fhemmmy: 2:52pm On Jul 17, 2013
soledadd: @Bukatyne you have really shown a picture of yourself. You can be a reverend for all i care. I dont think you have an experience here. You are not into marriage to prove that you are a strong woman. But you entered because love exists between you two. It doesnt matter whether he said it before of after marriage. I started wearing trousers again because my hubby likes me in that. I was not under duress. I willingly acepted and it never made me feel belated. I am hapilly married and cannever have any regret being with my hubby. I will choose him more than a million times over. This issue is too trivial to cause a break up in marriage. A woman who wants complete love from a man will be ready to reciprocate by respecting your him .

Ummmm . . . Just a question, you mean cos the woman loves the man and wanna keep her home together, she should just roll over and accept what the man says or vice versa? again, just a question
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MostHigh: 2:53pm On Jul 17, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Ummmm . . . Just a question, you mean cos the woman loves the man and wanna keep her home together, she should just roll over and accept what the man says or vice versa? again, just a question

Scoffer
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Fhemmmy: 2:56pm On Jul 17, 2013
MostHigh:

Scoffer

Haaaaa . . .Wetin i do now? OK, if you feel offended by my questions, no vex oh
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by bukatyne(f): 2:57pm On Jul 17, 2013
soledadd: @Bukatyne you have really shown a picture of yourself. You can be a reverend for all i care. I dont think you have an experience here. You are not into marriage to prove that you are a strong woman. But you entered because love exists between you two. It doesnt matter whether he said it before of after marriage. I started wearing trousers again because my hubby likes me in that. I was not under duress. I willingly acepted and it never made me feel belated. I am hapilly married and cannever have any regret being with my hubby. I will choose him more than a million times over. This issue is too trivial to cause a break up in marriage. A woman who wants complete love from a man will be ready to reciprocate by respecting your him .

I have never said a person enters into marriage to prove strength. Where did I say you where under duress? It is easy for you to say as your hubby told you what he wanted before marriage.

Madam, please let us not make this thread about us.

P.S.: Why did you stop wearing trousers in the first place?
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by soledadd: 3:32pm On Jul 17, 2013
@ bukatyne, its never your business to know why i stopped in the first place. There is an issue here you can say your mind and stop attacking people. Like you said i dont have conviction of my own, i and hubby delibrate on issues amicably and its working for us. You can as well share your own experience.

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 17, 2013
This man is a hypocrite, in order to change someone you must first change yourself. You should ask your friend what is his motive for stopping his wife.? but i fear he himself does not know he just wants to control her now that he is married to her. Why was he not himself so he would give her the opportunity to choose whether she wanted him or not.

I will advise her to ask him why he does not want her to wear trousers. The issue of trousers should not cause this much stress in marriage, something else is going on underneath that is what they should be addressing. And if wearing trouser wants to kill the marriage abeg she should free the trousers.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by ipio(f): 4:22pm On Jul 17, 2013
@Havana,thanks and amen, it was not easy for initially but right now I don't feel as though am missing anything. Atleast I have peace in my home and that means more to me than wearing trousers.

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by bukatyne(f): 4:28pm On Jul 17, 2013
soledadd: @ bukatyne, its never your business to know why i stopped in the first place. There is an issue here you can say your mind and stop attacking people. Like you said i dont have conviction of my own, i and hubby delibrate on issues amicably and its working for us. You can as well share your own experience.

Madam, once again, this thread is not about us.

I don't do e-issues or e-fights. And with what have I been attacking people in the first place? grin

You and hubby deliberate on issues and another person's hubby is forcing her to stop something he knew very well she was doing and you are comparing apples and oranges.

Ok, to humor you, let me share my 'experience' wink

All through my university days, I was on trousers and we usually wear matching trousers to school then. After school, God told me to stop wearing trousers.

I did not say it was God's command and kept mute. I told him and had to convince him too. Initially, he didn't like it but I told him I was not going back and that we will buy nice skirts and we could still do our matching colors cheesy.

What is the point of my narrative? It would be wicked of me if I just stopped or told him for information purpose that status has changed or worse still waited until after marriage to 'spring' up the surprise since he's going 'no where'. Afteral, as a Christian, he cannot 'divorce' me because of trousers; anybody he tells will even support me since I want to drop a 'sinful' thing. This is usually the problem in marriages; during courtship, we accept the man/woman as he or she is and 'worship' the ground they walk on. After marriage, we then want to bend them to suit ourselves because 'they are no longer going anywhere'. We know they cannot divorce because our religion and society doesn't support it and we then begin to wonder why our spouse has 'changed' My fiancé liked to keep late nights or hang out with the boys and I never complained; suddenly because I am now his Mrs, I want him to come back home to me every night after work. Like seriously?

If the man received the 'revelation' after marriage, he ought to sell it in a way the wife feels loved and cherished. There could also be some things in his life that needs changing and it would be ideal he works on them first. When the wife notice the changes (either subtle or outright), she would feel convinced and try to adjust too.

ONE YEAR AFTER!

Bukatyne on fire cheesy grin kiss
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by biolabee(m): 4:28pm On Jul 17, 2013
Interesting discourse

However I feel it's just an erroneous assumption to state that if I do something due to someone's persuasion I have no conviction

I decide to send my kid to a military school; my wife believes otherwise
The kid goes to altantic hall
Suddenly I have no conviction

If in your mind, discourse and compromise between married adults means that one party has no conviction then you can't have a realistic discussion on this issue; as to you, having an opinion and sticking obdurately to it is your test of conviction

bukatyne:

The last I remembered, Marriage is built by both husband and wife. Sacrifice and compromise doesn't come from one party else there will be disappointment and bitterness. A lot of women are so bitter and caustic because all their lives they have sacrificed without getting anything in return.

Happiness is not necessarily getting what you want. Peace doesn't equate true joy either. If I were a slave, I can decide to do my master's bidding for peace to reign but I will never be truly happy wink

I said she doesn't have conviction because she wore trousers at her fiancée's insistence. I wonder what posters like Acidosis will say. Why did she stop in the first place?

A woman is NOT a zombie to follow her hubby brainlessly. If the hubby asked her to do something wrong, will she do it for peace to reign? Remember Ananias and Sapphira in The Bible. The first person to obey/respect is God.

My major problem is that the hubby was comfortable with it till after marriage. I dislike wicked people like that. He knows the woman is going no where and he starts saying don't do this, don't do that. What will he bring on tomorrow? And the woman keeps changing to satisfy him and when she becomes bitter, he will start complaining that she has changed.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by bukatyne(f): 4:32pm On Jul 17, 2013
biolabee: Interesting discourse

However I feel it's just an erroneous assumption to state that if I do something due to someone's persuasion I have no conviction

I decide to send my kid to a military school; my wife believes otherwise
The kid goes to altantic hall
Suddenly I have no conviction

If in your mind, discourse and compromise between married adults means that one party has no conviction then you can't have a realistic discussion on this issue; as to you, having an opinion and sticking obdurately to it is your test of conviction

The 'no conviction' part was as regards the trousers; that is why it is a post script.

She said she stopped and later continued because the then fiancé said she should do so. She had no conviction to stop the trousers in the first place.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by biolabee(m): 4:37pm On Jul 17, 2013
That is why it is a marriage

You make compromises for strangers you meet everyday
Why not your spouse

If your point is a rejoinder that one should not lose his or her individuality that is good.
But if it's just to say making compromises is akin to lack of conviction well...

bukatyne:

The 'no conviction' part was as regards the trousers; that is why it is a post script.

She said she stopped and later continued because the then fiancé said she should do so. She had no conviction to stop the trousers in the first place.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by bukatyne(f): 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2013
biolabee: That is why it is a marriage

You make compromises for strangers you meet everyday
Why not your spouse

If your point is a rejoinder that one should not lose his or her individuality that is good.
But if it's just to say making compromises is akin to lack of conviction well...

I don't think you read/inferred the bolded from my posts

I am talking spiritual here. I said it's a post script. If God told her not to wear trousers anymore, nothing anyone says will make her do so.

I am not talking about rights or compromise here.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by biolabee(m): 4:44pm On Jul 17, 2013
ok.... i read your post well...

But no wahala....
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by minute(f): 5:25pm On Jul 17, 2013
Only mildly, and for aesthetic, not religious, reasons. I just happen to think females

look better in skirts and dresses. Only the hot ones though.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by coastalqueen: 5:42pm On Jul 17, 2013
steveec122: Solution
1. Make her to grow fat
No trouser will fit her
though
she may decide to wear pant alone

lwtmb oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by ayztech(f): 1:28am On Jul 18, 2013
filcast: hello nairalanders,.
I need to advise a friend urgently.He has been married to his wife for about 1 year and recenty requested the wife to stop wearing trouser,except for sport activitiess.His reason is that both their families belong to religious faiths that view a female wearing trouser as immoral.This request however has not gone down well with the wife as become unhappy and bitter.she faulted the husband for not raising the issue during courtship as she is already used to wearing trousers. Pls advise this young man on how to handle this to save the union some stress.Does my friend have the right to demand this of his wife.

1. Ops is rather immature - married for one full year and just bringing up trouser issue?? he just woke up? no,he's not said the real reason.
2hanging it on their families' religious beliefs and not even his own belief? who's doing the marrying here pls?
3 she can wear same trousers for sports! maybe God will close His eyes that sporting period so He won't be offended?
4 people MUST really study and understand this BIBLE for themselves not just running off with every wind of teaching...that Deuteronomy verse people are touting NEVER mentioned trousers but said ...woman shld not wear what PERTAINETH to a man and VICEVERSA... i guess if trousers pertain to men, gowns pertain to women; how come JESUS himself then wore gowns? Why is it all always about women

2 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by PrettySpicey(f): 11:24am On Jul 19, 2014
I was listening to a radio program recently and a man was bragging that his wife would not wear makeup after marriage. And my thought was: why not date a woman who doesn't wear makeup instead of trying to change and make miserable one who does after marriage?

Same question applies to your friend, OP, why did he date a trouser-wearing lady when there are many who never wear it

My people say that he who brings in wet firewood must be prepared to suffer the smoke-pained eyes induced by it.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by egopersonified(f): 11:34am On Jul 19, 2014
Resurrected exactly a year after, this thread ehh.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by bukatyne(f): 7:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
Where is the OP to give us updates?
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by bukatyne(f): 7:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
bukatyne:

Madam, once again, this thread is not about us.

I don't do e-issues or e-fights. And with what have I been attacking people in the first place? grin

You and hubby deliberate on issues and another person's hubby is forcing her to stop something he knew very well she was doing and you are comparing apples and oranges.

Ok, to humor you, let me share my 'experience' wink

All through my university days, I was on trousers and we usually wear matching trousers to school then. After school, God told me to stop wearing trousers.

I did not say it was God's command and kept mute. I told him and had to convince him too. Initially, he didn't like it but I told him I was not going back and that we will buy nice skirts and we could still do our matching colors cheesy.

What is the point of my narrative? It would be wicked of me if I just stopped or told him for information purpose that status has changed or worse still waited until after marriage to 'spring' up the surprise since he's going 'no where'. Afteral, as a Christian, he cannot 'divorce' me because of trousers; anybody he tells will even support me since I want to drop a 'sinful' thing. This is usually the problem in marriages; during courtship, we accept the man/woman as he or she is and 'worship' the ground they walk on. After marriage, we then want to bend them to suit ourselves because 'they are no longer going anywhere'. We know they cannot divorce because our religion and society doesn't support it and we then begin to wonder why our spouse has 'changed' My fiancé liked to keep late nights or hang out with the boys and I never complained; suddenly because I am now his Mrs, I want him to come back home to me every night after work. Like seriously?

If the man received the 'revelation' after marriage, he ought to sell it in a way the wife feels loved and cherished. There could also be some things in his life that needs changing and it would be ideal he works on them first. When the wife notice the changes (either subtle or outright), she would feel convinced and try to adjust too.

ONE YEAR AFTER!

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by ayztech(f): 8:59pm On Sep 27, 2014
bukatyne:

..... After school, God TOLD ME to stop wearing trousers.....

ONE YEAR AFTER!

How did you hear that from God?
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 27, 2014
ochallo: If she was wearing trousers when he met her and is now saying otherwise, then he is simply wicked. Your wife is not your child that you can simply lord anything or everything over, that is why marriages become bitter , because african husbands are so different from african boyfriends amd fiances. During courtship, she can do no wrong, then during marriage, you start comparing her to some other person and start bringing up selfish and self centered laws to make you look better. Let her be, if he wants her to change, he should simply pray about it and advise her , not lord it over her.

This kind of man falls among the kind of men to never marry, here is a list of others.

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/01/8-men-you-should-never-marry.html

The way people talk sha. So is it a crime if you use to tolerate or do some certain things and later admit to change having gotten a good understanding while such should not be condoned?
He may have come from such family but might not be intune totally. But now he has come to understand why it shouldn't be.
Many will always say didn't you notice during courtship as if they can both know or accept some certain things 100% before marriage.

He is the Husband and he has made a christain faith decision, please let him be.

Women are said said to be the tempt-test of men. So if he thinks his wife putting on trouser or any other sexually explicit clothing irresoective of the degree is a no no then it is a no no because he has the faith guiding responsibilty of the family on his shoulders.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by bukatyne(f): 11:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
ayztech:

How did you hear that from God?

Through a dream
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by tpia6: 11:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
Is wearing trouser bad?

i guess.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 4:12am On Sep 28, 2014
Believe it or not, dresses/skirts are still quite a bit more culturally and religiously acceptable (over 'trousers') to certain groups out there. There even seems to be a form of polite, and sometimes not-so-polite, goading directed at the 'noncompliant', the worst of it coming from the young and religious. I can't tell you how often I'm told I'd look 'more elegant' or whatever in dresses and skirts (a mode of clothing I rarely undertake). I, in turn, politely point out that the compliment is wasted, and better suited towards the many dress/skirt donning ladies already out there. It's quite similar to the comment:"Sister, you'd look so beautiful in hijab". Why people don't reserve such comments for its proper audience, I'll never know.

If you'd like a dress/skirt-wearing wife, you should date a dress/skirt-wearing lady. I can't think what to say to your friend tbh.

Edit: lol, this is old. whoops.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by ayztech(f): 9:12am On Sep 28, 2014
bukatyne:

Through a dream

OK. Just curious

Thanks & nice sunday
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by bukatyne(f): 5:00pm On Sep 28, 2014
ayztech:

OK. Just curious

Thanks & nice sunday

You are welcome

Happy Sunday to you too

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

PATERNITY FRAUD: 30% Of Nigerian Men Are Fathering Children That Aren’t Theirs? / A Scorned Woman Takes To Facebook To Launch An Attack On Married Lover & Family / JAPA: Marry Your Man Before Coming To The UK - Nigerian Lady Advises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.