Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions (17170 Views)

Super Woman: Housewife Disarms Robbers With Hot Water / Would You Fight Robbers At The Risk Of Death To Protect Your Family / The Season Of Robbers Is Here Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 15, 2013
Im hurting so much on the inside and decided to write who knows I just might heal …

It was a wet Thursday 11th July and I was excited so much so that i couldn't wait to leave the office and most importantly rock my asoebi (it was my first velvet ever and i loved the combination) Deborah Lawson Event place omole was the venue and my beautiful friend from camp was the bride. she's a rare one I must say, down to earth and extremely cheerful and never a spoil spot so you imagine the shock when I discovered she was actually a foreign student: made me appreciate her even more.

I got to the venue at about 3pm and was settled in no time. My bride was all smiles, everything was going perfectly well Lolo 1 from Wazobia fm was cranking us up, for the first time in a very long time I snapped the finest pix ever without much gloss and editing... everything going smoothly till it was time for single ladies and the bouquet catching. I honestly do not partake in the whole single ladies and bouquet campaign but lolo won’t let us be, at some point the bride had to call us out. Purse on my chair and my offfice bag wedging it, off we went dragging ourselves along the whole episode didn’t last upto 2mins.

I got back to my seat and my office bag was on the floor with my purse nowhere in sight. The purse was specially made by my mum so there’s no replica of it out there. At first I thought it was some kinda expensive joke but it the reality of it dawned on me in no time. I was raged. I have never being so confused I pulled the table cloth hoping to finding it under the table no sight of it; I asked everyone around me rather they answered me with even more questios. it was just too good to be true... I was sure I was gonna faint so I off my shoes to get a grip of myself (I had my ipad3 in that purse, in my wallet were 3atm card, my driver's licence, my HMO cards, my Unilag ID card I refused submitting in exchange for my certificate, my passports photos(right from when I cut my hair, did dreads, dyed my hair you name it, my money!! I made a withdrawal of 10k with intent to cab home, the beautiful pix I snapped at the reception hoping to give my mum, my mobile phone...) everyone's talking at the same time "who could have done this? Where did you leave this bag? Are you sure you didn’t drop it somewhere? what was inside? on and on

Words fail to describe the trauma I went through, I felt so much pain, anger, bitterness and resentment all at once and finally the tears came flooding down my cheeks (last I cried so hard was when I lost a close friend at Unilag). All at once, everybody became a suspect. I suddenly became stranded and desperate for help
In all it’s a bitter pill I had to swallow and I learnt my lesson the hard way, its so unfortunate you no longer know who truly is an invited guest. I suspect and still suspect the caterers and cameramen but the deeds been done already. I love attending weddings but I can certainly tell you that crave just died a most painful death … That’s how they began making donations for my transport I cried all the way to festac could not deal with the situation at all.

Experience is not the best teacher so learn from mine; let me not bore you with the whole police report that’s another ache on its own. In all Im grateful and expectant for even better things.

Cheers!

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by ajasbaba(m): 5:57pm On Jul 15, 2013
sorry eh

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by biolabee(m): 6:02pm On Jul 15, 2013
Sorry for this loss

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 15, 2013
sorry about your loss. it is very unfortunate cos it does happens in churches also. You just don't know the opportunist that will capitalize on your "innocence" or mistake.

Too many hungry, dishonest and terrible folks out dere, being street smart is a necessity nowadays

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by slimyem: 11:12pm On Jul 15, 2013
Who leaves their bag untended to at a Lagos event?
Sorry op. You are just not a sharp Lagos babe.cool

18 Likes

Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by 2goodbobo(m): 11:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
The did has been done. Just take heart at least most if not all of the items are replaceable, what about people who lost their love ones? Anyways, next time you won't make such mistake of leaving your bag like that.
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by Nobody: 1:53am On Jul 16, 2013
slimyem: Who leaves their bag untended to at a Lagos event?

I dey tell you. lipsrsealed
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by Nobody: 2:31am On Jul 16, 2013

You can say that again.....only a dumbo leaves her bag / purse/ phones in any function or church service. Always carry a portable handbag, like your second skin to any occasion, even if its just to shake d hands of d celebrant or even when paying offerings or tithes @ altar, except a trusted person is watching d bag for u..sorry op...wise up, next time.
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by princejude(m): 6:21am On Jul 16, 2013
sorry...
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by obowunmi(m): 6:28am On Jul 16, 2013

That's why I want to marry you. You're too smart for your own good.
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by slimyem: 6:30am On Jul 16, 2013
obowunmi:

That's why I want to marry you. You're too smart for your own good.
lol. How are you?

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by obowunmi(m): 6:38am On Jul 16, 2013
Amelian:
You can say that again.....only a dumbo leaves her bag / purse/ phones in any function or church service. Always carry a portable handbag, like your second skin to any occasion, even if its just to shake d hands of d celebrant or even when paying offerings or tithes @ altar, except a trusted person is watching d bag for u..sorry op...wise up, next time.

It's not her fault. Experience is the best teacher.

I'll share my story, thieves are savvy and desperate even when your handbag is attached to your body.

I decided to leave the Island to go to a party close to Akute. My driver took my friends and I there. Can't remember the exact location. It was a Kool place sha - everything was cheap in comparison to Island prices. I had a male purse, that I hooked around my neck.

I had 2000 dollars plus 25k naira in it.

I don't know of its voodoo or how it happened but somehow the dollars disappeared. How the thieves stole the money from my man purse is still beyond me until today.

Never going off the Island ever again and it's my brothers wedding next year.... I know thieves are gonna be lurking.

Thx for the reminder. People have lost thier humanity.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by obowunmi(m): 8:28am On Jul 16, 2013
slimyem: lol. How are you?

My heart only beats for you. How are you, my love. kiss kiss
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by sexymoma(f): 10:32am On Jul 16, 2013
obowunmi:

My heart only beats for you. How are you, my love. kiss kiss
Uncle Obowunmi we are watching you o, if i hear say that babe get nairaland belle penre you don jones be dat grin
ehn ehn @ op sorry o

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by Nomski0(f): 10:58am On Jul 16, 2013
sexymoma: Uncle Obowunmi we are watching you o, if i hear say that babe get nairaland belle penre you don jones be dat grin
ehn ehn @ op sorry o
Sexymoma where you dey since na?
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by sexymoma(f): 11:23am On Jul 16, 2013
Nomski0:
Sexymoma where you dey since na?
awww swerry have been around kiss
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 16, 2013
Eh yah.I feel your pain.I was once in your shoes but my case wasn't as terrible as that.I was in church.winners chapel to be precise.I told the technical crew I wanted to charge my phone because it was a new phone and there was no light in the hostel.I was just a jambite then so I didn't know much as I know now.I told them to help me watch after it that after service,I will collect it.they assured me it was safe and nothing will happen to it.it was a small motorola phone,as of that time phones were comming out in nigeria,there was nothing like camera phones,bb or radio phones then.it was the first phone I ever used that my dad and mom bought for me for passing jamb back then.anyway after service the technical crew just left the door opened and all of them were no more in the premises.I started looking for them one after the other.if I go and meet jamesanjames will say meet john,if I meet john,john will say meet matthew,if I meet matthewnmatthew will say I should meet luke.they were just passing me about and I got tired,frustrated and angry.the following day after lectures,I went to meet the pastor,pasror asked me who I dropped the phone with,I told him all of them and he said I should come on sunday after service,he will help me get to the root of the matter.I came and they said the pastor was transferred to another branch.I cried my eyes out,was so angry,resentful and sad and that was the genesis of me not going to church on sundays.throughout,I didn't go to church till I went for nysc.it hurts so bad so I understand op.since then I don't leave my properties in care of anyone neither do I leave it alone,no matter where I am going,my personal effects go with me.even in the camp,I strapped my phone to my hair and had my bath.the phone that was stolen is gone years ago but It still has effect on me.even at weddings I don't leave anywhere without mt bag,even if it is a step close.that was the last time my phone or money was ever stolen.

So when I see thieves I don't have mercy on them,whether they are lynched,stripped naked or tortured in police station

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 16, 2013
Haba show some empathy na.she may not be from lagos.I have been a victim so I share in her pains.I know where she is comming.even if no nairalander can replace the stolen items for her at least we can sympathize and empathize with her.at least I have gone to a wedding where a mother left her one year old son on the chair to go and dance and spray money,before she came back to her sit,her baby was gone.we helped her search for her baby,but we tried in vain.I wish I could replace her son for her but I couldn't,the least I could do was give her 5k.I know that money can't replace her kidnapped son but it can at least take her home.please let's try and show love to people we can if it is within our means to.its not nice mocking someone or making a joke out of someone in pain,its not fair.I wonder why nigerians are like this be your brothers keeper remains only in the bible,many nigerians don't apply it to their dealings with people they relate with or work with.very pathetic

11 Likes

Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 16, 2013
Am telling you and why people are making jest of op is beyond my imagination.nigerians sha.we really need a re orientation of our psyche and do away with all this barbarism
obowunmi:

It's not her fault. Experience is the best teacher.

I'll share my story, thieves are savvy and desperate even when your handbag is attached to your body.

I decided to leave the Island to go to a party close to Akute. My driver took my friends and I there. Can't remember the exact location. It was a Kool place sha - everything was cheap in comparison to Island prices. I had a male purse, that I hooked around my neck.

I had 2000 dollars plus 25k naira in it.

I don't know of its voodoo or how it happened but somehow the dollars disappeared. How the thieves stole the money from my man purse is still beyond me until today.

Never going off the Island ever again and it's my brothers wedding next year.... I know thieves are gonna be lurking.

Thx for the reminder. People have lost thier humanity.

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by slimyem: 2:20pm On Jul 16, 2013
kulyie: Haba show some empathy na.she may not be from lagos.I have been a victim so I share in her pains.I know where she is comming.even if no nairalander can replace the stolen items for her at least we can sympathize and empathize with her.at least I have gone to a wedding where a mother left her one year old son on the chair to go and dance and spray money,before she came back to her sit,her baby was gone.we helped her search for her baby,but we tried in vain.I wish I could replace her son for her but I couldn't,the least I could do was give her 5k.I know that money can't replace her kidnapped son but it can at least take her home.please let's try and show love to people we can if it is within our means to.its not nice mocking someone or making a joke out of someone in pain,its not fair.I wonder why nigerians are like this be your brothers keeper remains only in the bible,many nigerians don't apply it to their dealings with people they relate with or work with.very pathetic
Kulyie, warris dis? Did someone die?

This lady and the woman who left her child on the chair to dance were careless!. Simple. They have learnt and it shouldn't happen again!
How else should I sympathise and emphatise abi you nor see where I tell am sorry?
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by nbright: 2:38pm On Jul 16, 2013
Sorry... But the purse will be very big as to contain all those things you mentioned.
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 16, 2013
Learn from your mistakes, and learn more from other people's mistakes.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by yuzedo: 2:40pm On Jul 16, 2013
grin
Be nice! Agbero Lagos babe! angry

7 Likes

Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by ladygogo: 2:40pm On Jul 16, 2013
Pele @op. Weddings in Nigeria are like concerts and are always rowdy anyway. One can't be too careful.
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 16, 2013
Oh its a sorry case embarassed
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by Fazhy: 2:42pm On Jul 16, 2013
It happens every now and then in Lagos. Even at events organised by the high and mighty.

Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by biolabee(m): 2:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
Kulyie your motto if you see thief na aluu ba le (beat them to the ground) grin
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by tellwisdom: 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2013
You didnt mention your powder and lipstick sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mum Fumes After A School Nanny Beat Her 2-Year-Old Child For Pooping (Video) / Pregnant Woman Delivers 11 Babies In One Night / 59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.