Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) (1415 Views)

Ever Wished To Take A Nap On 3rd Mainland Bridge? This Man Did! / Who Wished You A Happynewyear First? / It Weekend Let's Have Fun: Tell Us That One Bad Habit You Wished You Never Had. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by druid06(m): 8:07pm On Jul 15, 2013
I decided to create this thread out of sheer boredom, it's monday evening here and nothing important to do while the topic making the frontpage is totally annoying ( Aside from Pagan9ja's thread). Without further derailing, I would go straight to the topic.

So what accent do you like hearing or do you wish you had. I for one love the Irishman's accent and that of the Italians in order of preference. I love the way they stress their words, it's kind of nice and weird.

So people feel free to comment on your favorite accents..

1 Like

Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by pipeewa(m): 8:26pm On Jul 15, 2013
French,Spanish, Chinese and Hausa.
But I rep Yoruba Oyo all the way!!!!
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by dopeJemi: 8:28pm On Jul 15, 2013
BLack american, I'm mastering it dou
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by druid06(m): 8:30pm On Jul 15, 2013
pipeewa: French,Spanish, Chinese and Hausa.
But I rep Yoruba Oyo all the way!!!!

The french is particular have nice accent. I love the way they stress their accents and make some of their consonants silent. Spanish accent is cool too. Chinese, that I am not sure about.
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by druid06(m): 8:31pm On Jul 15, 2013
dopeJemi: BLack american, I'm mastering it dou

Hmm.
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2013
Onitsha accent cool
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by druid06(m): 8:41pm On Jul 15, 2013
Close to where I'm originally from. I think I got the accent too.. grin
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by nikkyshyne(f): 8:46pm On Jul 15, 2013
I like the Irish accent too. cheesy. Makes me laugh and I keep repeating what I heard for daysss. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 15, 2013
druid06: Close to where I'm originally from. I think I got the accent too.. grin

Interesting cool

nikkyshyne: I like the Irish accent too. cheesy. Makes me laugh and I keep repeating what I heard for daysss. cheesy

Same here !
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by valdubem(m): 8:47pm On Jul 15, 2013
I love the way arabs speaks their english and also the way mexicans speaks theirs; I have always tried emulating them
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by druid06(m): 8:51pm On Jul 15, 2013
val_dubem: I love the way arabs speaks their english and also the way mexicans speaks theirs; I have always tried emulating them

No pun intended bro but the Mexican accent is too crude. It sounds in my ears like something out of the gutters.

1 Like

Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 15, 2013
in English : British

In French: mine is perfect(Ewondo)

In Others languages( my Accent is perfect)
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 15, 2013
Plus Spanish and Australian
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by Emilyhills(m): 9:11pm On Jul 15, 2013
British English, Japanese (Love the Language!)
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by druid06(m): 9:27pm On Jul 15, 2013
adaobi123: Plus Spanish and Australian

Australian is cool but it sounds a little English. I can hardly differentiate between an Australian accent with that of a Newzealander. They both sound almost the same to me.

1 Like

Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by druid06(m): 9:29pm On Jul 15, 2013
Emilyhills: British English, Japanese (Love the Language!)

Japanese accents... What??!!

Those guys sound angry.

1 Like

Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 15, 2013
Just French undecided

1 Like

Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by nikkyshyne(f): 9:55pm On Jul 15, 2013
Plus..English speaking Indians.
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by slimyem: 11:01pm On Jul 15, 2013
I love the British accent anyday..!!
Sweet!!
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by gluv01(f): 11:58pm On Jul 15, 2013
British accent and Welsh
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by druid06(m): 12:17am On Jul 16, 2013
gluv01: British accent and Welsh

Is there any difference?
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by Nobody: 12:21am On Jul 16, 2013
Jamaican and Nigerian..love those accents, tryna master them lol
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by gluv01(f): 12:35am On Jul 16, 2013
druid06:

Is there any difference?

Yep..very obvious. I can speak a little Welsh.
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by gluv01(f): 12:35am On Jul 16, 2013
caribchic: Jamaican and Nigerian..love those accents, tryna master them lol

I know the Jamaican accent, i can tish you if you pay me cheesy
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 16, 2013
caribchic: Jamaican and Nigerian..love those accents, tryna master them lol
"Nigerian" is difficult for a Jamaican, and vice versa I swear. I go try am... embarassed undecided
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by Nobody: 12:38am On Jul 16, 2013
gluv01:

I've almost got the Jamaican accent down, they're neighbors..Nigerian one is a lil more challenging tho
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 16, 2013
gluv01:

Demonstrate! wink
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by druid06(m): 12:39am On Jul 16, 2013
gluv01:

Yep..very obvious. I can speak a little Welsh.

Don't they speak the queens English or do they have their own language?
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 16, 2013
Warri accent. . .

Area!
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by UjSizzle(f): 8:10am On Jul 16, 2013
Scottish brogue and Texan drawl..hehe sexy as hell grin
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by onila(f): 3:40pm On Jul 16, 2013
British accent

jamaican accent

south african accent
Re: Accent You Wished You Had Or Love Hearing( Derailer's Paradise ) by gluv01(f): 11:13pm On Jul 16, 2013
druid06:

Don't they speak the queens English or do they have their own language?

They do, but they have their own language. Only in Wales though.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Apologize For My Previous Post. / Horrified Woman Walks In On Boyfriend Having Sex With Her Dog / A Poem To My Dad And Every Other Soldiers Who Died Fighting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.