Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

United State Now The Second Biggest Oil Producer In The World - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / United State Now The Second Biggest Oil Producer In The World (1378 Views)

US To Become The World's Largest Oil Producer By 2017 / 'South Africa Could Be Big Oil Producer' / Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

United State Now The Second Biggest Oil Producer In The World by ak47mann(m): 10:28pm On Jul 15, 2013
Saw on BBC news lots of oil reserve in California cool

United state of America now second biggest oil producing country after Saudi Arabia....

Re: United State Now The Second Biggest Oil Producer In The World by ak47mann(m): 10:30pm On Jul 15, 2013
Analysis say's in the 12 months USA will produce more than Saudi Arabia... wink

1 Like

Re: United State Now The Second Biggest Oil Producer In The World by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 15, 2013
I saw it on BBC news as well but they're saying in 10 years' time and not now.

Very impressive stuff!
Re: United State Now The Second Biggest Oil Producer In The World by Afam4eva(m): 10:36pm On Jul 15, 2013
This is a country that thinks. Their oil reserves is massive.
Re: United State Now The Second Biggest Oil Producer In The World by asha80(m): 10:45pm On Jul 15, 2013
cheesy good for nigeria
Re: United State Now The Second Biggest Oil Producer In The World by launique: 10:46pm On Jul 15, 2013
But the are still behind Venezuela, Canada and Russia in terms of oil reserves
Re: United State Now The Second Biggest Oil Producer In The World by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 15, 2013
News like this just makes me wonder, is OPEC still relevant?
Re: United State Now The Second Biggest Oil Producer In The World by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 15, 2013
HNosegbe: News like this just makes me wonder, is OPEC still relevant?

OPEC is as good as dead with almost every country discovering oil.

Oil prices should crash in the next few years. undecided
Re: United State Now The Second Biggest Oil Producer In The World by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 15, 2013
ShyM-X:

OPEC is as good as dead with almost every country discovering oil.

Oil prices should crash in the next few years. undecided

OPEC were at the peak of their powers in the 70s and 80s due to the oil embargo, the Arab wars with Israel, the Iranian revolution and the Iran-Iraq war.

Now, most of the erstwhile major consumers of OPEC oil (like the US) are developing their own reserves. India is now Nigeria's biggest buyer of crude, but recent reports say that they have now discovered their own reserves.

While these ominous events are taking place, our "leaders" are busy strategising for 2015.

I'm fearful for this country's future.

1 Like

Re: United State Now The Second Biggest Oil Producer In The World by Billionaires: 11:04pm On Jul 15, 2013
Thank God for that, at least they will stop sponsoring wars and going to war for oil. Peaceful planet soon.
Re: United State Now The Second Biggest Oil Producer In The World by ERF: 11:11pm On Jul 15, 2013

Wow, thank God i no longer study petroleum Engineering....lol. I think i was wise in my choosing Mechanical Engineers are k factors in oil companies tho.

@post. I once thought the Us are top in "reserves" and not in the production?? Was i wrong about that?

Re: United State Now The Second Biggest Oil Producer In The World by OBAGADAFFI: 11:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
Billionaires: Thank God for that, at least they will stop sponsoring wars and going to war for oil. Peaceful planet soon.

Growup child,

Stop making dumb comments.
Re: United State Now The Second Biggest Oil Producer In The World by LOUDmedia(m): 11:45pm On Jul 15, 2013
Oh, Nigeria and her over-dependence on oil. undecided
Re: United State Now The Second Biggest Oil Producer In The World by panafrican(m): 2:34am On Jul 18, 2013
The United states second biggest oil producer in the world? !!! Things are going to get worse, you bet. grin
One even understands why the gallon of gas had increased at least 300 % since 1997 in this country.
Re: United State Now The Second Biggest Oil Producer In The World by Nobody: 2:41am On Jul 18, 2013
MURICA!!!
Re: United State Now The Second Biggest Oil Producer In The World by Amhatu(m): 9:15pm On Jul 21, 2013
To bad it is not like our Nigerian Boony Light Crude. cool

This American Heavy Tar trash Oil will ruin your car .
Re: United State Now The Second Biggest Oil Producer In The World by panafrican(m): 4:30am On Jul 25, 2013
No-one wants to see an increase in gas price after a simple traffic jam in Los Angeles or New York.
Re: United State Now The Second Biggest Oil Producer In The World by redjasper1: 8:18pm On Jul 27, 2013
Africa needs to begin developing hydrogen plants and biopolymer facilities. Africa has a prime opportunity to lead the world in sustainable development, I believe kenya has one of the biggest geo-thermal plants in the world if not the biggest, it's cheap sustainable energy that can have a revolutionizing impact for industrial Africa. One way for Africa to jump start a major economic sector relatively cheap is to market biolubricants to developed nations that are phasing out machines that previously ran on petro based lubricants. The ratio of high quality soil in Africa along with food grade type lubricants that are suited better in certain environments would provide Africa another stream of major revenue.

Wireless electricity is also something that needs to be high on the priority list since it saves money and helps the environment!

(1) (Reply)

SAPS Claims No Jurisdiction Over Immigrant Detainment. / Ukrainian Helicopters Flew Into Russian Airspace And Shelled An Oil Depot. / Thanks to Biden: NATO Uk American Weapons And Humvees Captured By Russian Troops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.