Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC (10891 Views)

Angry Soldiers Invade NEPA Office, Flog Staf Mercilessly Over Poor Supply. / NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   / NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by Timijo(m): 12:35pm On Jul 16, 2013
uche okpara 100: ccchhhhhaaaaaaiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!:......... dis country is a failed country, heavenly father pls i pray 4 war! because we all must die one day, weida 2day or tomorow thy are all d same! hw can few people take d whole country hostage! nobdy is talkin, pastors are busy brainwashing us takin d little remainin, d poor getn poorer plssss! i wnt to die ooooo i need war now, we cant take dis again!
No, you don't need to wait for war before you can die. Just hug the nearest transformer to you or sleep at the center of express and shikena u are done. You can come back to tell us how the place looks like.
Hope this help.
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by Demdem(m): 12:36pm On Jul 16, 2013
Super1759: even if the whole nigeria turn to side Goodluck, you won't.

U are right. i wont support because the rest are supporting. i will only do such if i am convinced its worth supporting. AM sorry, its not currently.

I have known you for long not only in this case.

I have also known the retardeen for a long time. Remember he was once my governor where he failed miserably. He has been useless for a very long time in government

[s]Tell me one president who was on seat and was given a good name.[/s]

Out of point. No bearing.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by Super1759: 12:39pm On Jul 16, 2013
Divine touch:

u are nt ashamed to call thieves ur leaders? God forbid bad thing.
segzi cres:
SEE! ALL I CAN SAY IS UR THE PRODUCT OF STUP IDITY! your sense of reasoning doesnt work.
if you like call me anything, that's your biz!!!! Wether you like it or yes!!!!! Goodluck is our president, he will rule and win in 2015!! So better prepare your otapiapia and get ready to die!!!
Fresh air 2015!!!!!!!! Here we go
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by Super1759: 12:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
@demdem. no no no, don't say they are out of point.
We all accused OBJ when he was on seat and NOw,we applaud him as "father of politics in nigeria"
Yes, I personally would have stoned ya'adua if he was still alive, but let's respect the dead. Now, Gej was honorably voted into the office which you also voted. He was voted into a corrupt system. The system got worse when personalities dared him.
Goodluck made you and I to know the deep dirty deals in nigeria politics and how our money is being wasted.
The earlier we play our part than throwing blames on him,the better for us. The system has been corrupt even before he assumed office. Tell me, is the system better than IBB's regime? Is the system better than abacha or even ya'adua's regime?
Bro, sit down and have a rethink
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by Zither(m): 12:50pm On Jul 16, 2013
engineerd: ALL THESE FOOLS SHOUTING REVOLUTION....ALL BARK AND NO BITE......REVOLUTION KO, SOMERSAULT NI....COMMON SHUT UP AND GO AND READ UR' BOOKS.
yea...shut your malodourous claptrap...nitwit...that is wot a skunk should do if the only contribution his addled brain can fabricate is to make his cadaverous presence noticeable... undecided
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by Btruth: 1:08pm On Jul 16, 2013
Won't it be better if everyone should go and generate their source of power supply?

All this promises on energy is really getting one frustrated the more.
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by Olaolufred(m): 1:11pm On Jul 16, 2013
I BOUGHT 4,500 NAIRA CREDIT FROM IKJDC (IKEJA DISTRIBUTION COY) IN MARCH, 2013.
IT AMMOUNTED TO 276 UNITS. I HAVE BEEN USING TILL NOW. WHY? POWER WAS NOT REGULAR.
I DECIDED TO BUY MORE ON FRIDAY(13/07/13) ONLY FOR MY 4,000 NAIRA TO BUY 102 UNITS AFTER ALL DEDUCTIONS.
I QUERRIED THE CASHIER WHO SAID, "MYTO IS NOW 750 NAIRA.

IT IMPLIES THAT I PAID 500 NAIRA MYTO FOR APRIL AND MAY, WHILE IT WAS 750 NAIRA FOR JUNE AND JULY.
IMMEDIATELY, I FOUND OUT THAT THIS GOVT IS SELLING US OUT TO THEIR STATESMEN AND FRIENDS.

IF THEY DECIDED NOT TO GIVE THE 5 MILLION NIGERIANS ALREADY USING THEIR PRE-PAID METER POWER FOR ONE MONTH,
THEY WILL STILL RAKE IN A WHOOPING SUM OF 3.75 BILLION FOR DOING NOTHING.
WHICH BUSINESS IS MORE LUCRATIVE THAN THAT?
THE PAIN IS JUST THAT, THE OPPRESSED ARE BEING OPPRESSED MORE AND MORE.
UNTIL NIGERIANS ARE TIRED, LET US KEEP TALKING OUR RELIGIOUS AND TRIBAL TRASH.
RELIGION OR TRIBE WILL NOT REALLY ERASE THE FACT THAT YOU ARE NOT LIVING QUALITY LIFE.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by dridowu: 1:15pm On Jul 16, 2013
Super1759:
Oga demdem, why must you attribute every flaws to your president?
Bokoharam mess...its goodluck
River state saga...its goodluck
Militant fights...its goodluck
Mass failure in jamb...its goodluck
No jobs...its goodluck
ASUU and assup on strike...its goodluck
Super eagles defeat...its goodluck
Even egypt coup...its goodluck

Why do you have such hatred for a blessed leader?
its a must to attribute it to GEJ, d leader is their 4 success and failure

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by maasoap(m): 1:24pm On Jul 16, 2013
So sad. Power can not improve by increasing the so called fixed charge. Why not remove fixed charge and place the whatever the increment on per unit charge? This is the only sure way out of darkness.
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by Demdem(m): 1:28pm On Jul 16, 2013
Super1759: @demdem. no no no, don't say they are out of point.
We all accused OBJ when he was on seat and NOw,we applaud him as "father of politics in nigeria"
Yes, I personally would have stoned ya'adua if he was still alive, but let's respect the dead. Now, Gej was honorably voted into the office which you also voted. He was voted into a corrupt system. The system got worse when personalities dared him.
Goodluck made you and I to know the deep dirty deals in nigeria politics and how our money is being wasted.
The earlier we play our part than throwing blames on him,the better for us. The system has been corrupt even before he assumed office. Tell me, is the system better than IBB's regime? Is the system better than abacha or even ya'adua's regime?
Bro, sit down and have a rethink

Am mobile now and can't write much.
U and who called Obj the father of politics in Nigeria?
I have never said Jonathan caused our mess. We were already in one and Nigerians voted him to fix the mess and not to remind us that he wasn't the cause.
It not about letting us know what we have always known so that carries no weight, it about being courageoues to do what is right all the time for the benefit if the vast majority and not some privilege few. If he can't do this, I think it will be better for all concerned for him to resign and save us more stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by funshint(m): 1:30pm On Jul 16, 2013
FG is nw using their deeldo(PHCN) to phork Nigerians. OMG see daylight robbery; I'm sure FG is nw making more money from electricity bills than oil. This is nothing but injustice; its time 4 a nationwide protest!!!

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by Olaolufred(m): 1:38pm On Jul 16, 2013
funshint: FG is nw using their deeldo(PHCN) to phork Nigerians. OMG see daylight robbery; I'm sure FG is nw making more money from electricity bills than oil. This is nothing but injustice; its time 4 a nationwide protest!!!

THE BOLDED WON'T HAPPEN NOW.
NIGERIANS ARE PLAYING FOOL AND ENJOYING THAT ROLE FOR NOW.
EVEN NOLLYWOOD STARS ENJOY SOME ROLES THAN THE OTHER.
WHEN WE ARE TIRED OF PLAYING THAT FOOLISH ROLE,
WE WILL FORGET RELIGION AND ETHNICITY.
FOR NOW, LET US KEEP DANCING THE DANCE OF SHAME.
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by COMPAQ(m): 2:05pm On Jul 16, 2013
matrixme: We always put the cart before the horse in this country. It is the typical Nigerian attitude. Either we increase fuel price before building new refineries or this, yet we go as far away as China to seek loans for development. When will we ever get serious with ourselves as a nation?

Which comes first? The chicken or the Egg?? I think it's a function of Govt Policy. If govt policy is to build these facilities with tax payers money then they can build before increasing (which unfortunately won't happen, given govt's track record with project delivery). However, if govt policy is for the private sector to build the facilities, then the tariffs will have to go up first, because no investor will come and build power plants if the current tariff doesn't guarantee a return.

I guess the solution would have been for everybody to use prepaid so that at least we pay for only what we use. Because if electricity suddenly becomes 24hrs, we will all pay like 3x what we currently pay even if the tariff stays the same because we will use it more.
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by juvewalex(m): 2:07pm On Jul 16, 2013
yeah, it's extortion tym for phcn now on nigerians without any sort of concrete reason to increase tariff, well i pray they realise that we're not fools in this country before it's too late for them so as nt to cause war..............
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by blackbeau1(f): 2:18pm On Jul 16, 2013
Na wa oh. See as PHCN wan turn us to maga. Wetin we do una?
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by CooldudeY2J: 2:55pm On Jul 16, 2013
Nah dem sabi, since i gained admission into d uni 3yrs ago & i've been living off campus i've never paid electricity bill wetin i dey do b say i dey hang my light 4 night & comot am for morning. No dulling me nah gov't pikin. #Shikena
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by dabossman(m): 3:38pm On Jul 16, 2013
COMPAQ:

Which comes first? The chicken or the Egg?? I think it's a function of Govt Policy. If govt policy is to build these facilities with tax payers money then they can build before increasing (which unfortunately won't happen, given govt's track record with project delivery). However, if govt policy is for the private sector to build the facilities, then the tariffs will have to go up first, because no investor will come and build power plants if the current tariff doesn't guarantee a return.

I guess the solution would have been for everybody to use prepaid so that at least we pay for only what we use. Because if electricity suddenly becomes 24hrs, we will all pay like 3x what we currently pay even if the tariff stays the same because we will use it more.

I don't quite agree with your assessment. The increment is not on what we use but a fixed service charge just for owning a prepaid meter, whether we have power or not.

I and my family spend less than 12 hours at home as we go off to work and school, so even if there was 24hours electricity, I would know how to manage my consumption and work within my budget just like I do with my telephone credit, cable TV subscription and other expenses. Charging Nigerians for a service they don't even enjoy is nothing short of extortion.
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by missystephen: 4:34pm On Jul 16, 2013
We only complain and end it thus' e go better, God dey' etc we need to use the social media, to launch an attack against injustices such as this. This country is ripe for revolution, our leaders who have lived their lives and are close to the graves still hold power so much so that we the young generation cannot speak for ourselves or decide on our future. ASSU is on strike, darkness everywhere; no electricity, accident on our roads and uncountable loss of lives on them. Are we talking about hospital? Under equipped. No jobs to do, no portable drinking water , no access to loans. The list is endless, yet still, our politicians are playing chess with our lives, sending their children overseas to get better education, importing gen sets for you and I in order to keep flourishing, flying around in private jets at the expenses of our hard- earned tax payments. What more can I say? Let's hit the social media and let those morons know that we will never continue this way. If you don't stand up to occasions like this, what more are you living for? I have always been an activist against injustices, we dug it out with those indians(Airtel) back in 2011. Press your send button and speak out, enough !!!
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by missystephen: 4:37pm On Jul 16, 2013
We only complain and end it thus' e go better, God dey' etc we need to use the social media, to launch an attack against injustices such as this. This country is ripe for revolution, our leaders who have lived their lives and are close to the graves still hold power so much so that we the young generation cannot speak for ourselves or decide on our future. ASSU is on strike, darkness everywhere; no electricity, accident on our roads and uncountable loss of lives on them. Are we talking about hospital? Under equipped. No jobs to do, no portable drinking water , no access to loans. The list is endless, yet still, our politicians are playing chess with our lives, sending their children overseas to get better education, importing gen sets for you and I in order to keep flourishing, flying around in private jets at the expenses of our hard- earned tax payments. What more can I say? Let's hit the social media and let those morons know that we will never continue this way. If you don't stand up to occasions like this, what more are you living for? I have always been an activist against injustices, we dug it out with those indians(Airtel) back in 2011. Press your send button and speak out, enough !!!
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by Super1759: 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2013
Demdem:

Am mobile now and can't write much.
U and who called Obj the father of politics in Nigeria?
I have never said Jonathan caused our mess. We were already in one and Nigerians voted him to fix the mess and not to remind us that he wasn't the cause.
It not about letting us know what we have always known so that carries no weight, it about being courageoues to do what is right all the time for the benefit if the vast majority and not some privilege few. If he can't do this, I think it will be better for all concerned for him to resign and save us more stupidity.
http://community.vanguardngr.com/profiles/blogs/chief-olusegun-obasanjo-is

https://www.nairaland.com/152331/best-president-nigeria-ever-never/1

https://m.facebook.com/pages/OLUSEGUN-OBASANJO-THE-PRESIDENT-THE-GENERAL-THE-WARRIORMAN-WITH-PURPOSE/90175711873?id=90175711873&_rdr

at least you can see enough credit to OBJ.. All we should know is that revolution is a cause. You know about entropy, at the highest frequency changes occur.
GEJ was made a head of a corrupt system,it will take him time to annul the corruption and strike a balance. But when you point fingers at him because you feel he is doing the wrong thing, tell me how he will gain courage to fight the tap rooted corrupt system?
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 16, 2013
Singing Sound Sultans: WEN WE ASK OUR GOVERNMENTI O WEN DEM GO GIV US LITE THEM SAY NA TWENTY-TEN. . . . TWENTY-TEN DON GOOOOOOOOOO. NOW NA 2013 ooo AND DEM DEY TELL US TO ENDURE TILL 2016, HMMM #OnlyInNigeria
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by Nweike1: 6:18pm On Jul 16, 2013
Real madness! Don't understand where we are heading in dis country
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by ukandi1(m): 6:24pm On Jul 16, 2013
Super1759: Its high time, we the consumers go on strike.

i agree with you. quoting Fela, we are suffering and smiling.. for how long will we continue? its time for agitations for salary structures that can foot d bills or outright showdown.
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by wonderfulson: 7:21pm On Jul 16, 2013
Mr armadi is really taken the nigerian citizen 4 granted,increase in tarrif with or without light this is really unfair.Lets pray for change in Nigeria,ds is becoming unbearable.
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by confusion247(m): 10:26pm On Jul 16, 2013
ocman: YOU IF I DON'T RECHARGE MY METER FOR A FULL YEAR I WILL PAY 650 X 12 = #7800 FOR JUST USING NO LIGHT? PLS EXPLAIN. IS THIS TRUE? FOR JUST OWNING A PRE-PAID METER?
Yes that's the truth. And the annoying part of it is that those companies that took over PHCN will just do nothing to improve the erratic power since they knew that they will make billions of naira at the end of the month through maintenance fee of #700.00 from Nigerians. The only question i have is ......how come we have clones and aliens as leaders?
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by Erifenz: 10:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
It's all our fault we vote for them up Gej
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by confusion247(m): 10:59pm On Jul 16, 2013
dabossman:

I don't quite agree with your assessment. The increment is not on what we use but a fixed service charge just for owning a prepaid meter, whether we have power or not.

I and my family spend less than 12 hours at home as we go off to work and school, so even if there was 24hours electricity, I would know how to manage my consumption and work within my budget just like I do with my telephone credit, cable TV subscription and other expenses. Charging Nigerians for a service they don't even enjoy is nothing short of extortion.
It is not extortion, it is robbery, slavery and deceit.
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by yogun(f): 6:04am On Jul 17, 2013
It's pretty obvious the older generation of this country are no brainers, make them allow younger generation, NO!!!!
This suffering is too much, lite no blink in our 24hrs and I still have to pay so much, Haba!!!!! May God visit u leaders suddenly and uprOot u all by thunder
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by amyg(f): 5:28pm On Jul 17, 2013
Dee amadi,what are u saying?I don't comprehend big grammar @night,someone please simplify it for me.So my grand parents',parents' tax were in vain.now its my turn to be exploited."shee NA like this e go dey dey?"what am I gonna Tel my kids?anyways,thank God am not a Nigerian
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 18, 2013
When I was young I was scared of the DARK, but now when I see my electricity bill, I am scared of the LIGHT. (9ja palava)

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by ukandi1(m): 7:51am On Aug 22, 2014
ocman: YOU IF I DON'T RECHARGE MY METER FOR A FULL YEAR I WILL PAY 650 X 12 = #7800 FOR JUST USING NO LIGHT? PLS EXPLAIN. IS THIS TRUE? FOR JUST OWNING A PRE-PAID METER?

Exactly
Re: Electricity Tariff Will Increase Despite Poor Supply -NERC by Jchi9876: 6:27pm On Mar 17, 2015
yogun:
It's pretty obvious the older generation of this country are no brainers, make them allow younger generation, NO!!!!
This suffering is too much, lite no blink in our 24hrs and I still have to pay so much, Haba!!!!! May God visit u leaders suddenly and uprOot u all by thunder

Epe!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Interim Report Of Presidential Committee On The Audit Of Defence Equipment / Abba Kyari Not Sacked As Chief Of Staff - Presidency Source / President Buhari Presides Over Security Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.