Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,916 members, 7,802,981 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? (4020 Views)

Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? / Why Are Most Girls Not Comfortable With Guyz Having Room Mate / Do You Feel Comfortable With Your Friend Dating Your Sibling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by klassyguy(m): 3:34pm On May 22, 2008
My babe called me two days ago and told me she had been called for an interview for a job as an air hostess for one of these Nigerian Airlines. About 30mins ago she told me she had been contacted by the airline to come for the second interview and subsequently her employment letter. i told her my mind about the job(i'm not in town with her presently), and she just went all moody and unhappy, saying i'm not happy for her.

Left to me I wouldn't have minded, but my fear is that with the recent happenings in the aviation industry and other aspects in the country, i wouldn't want her to be flying around in any unsafe aircraft.
I don't feel comfortable about it at all. Her mom too doesn't like it. Should i hide my fears and let her accept this job or do i tell her not to go for it if she eventually gets it?
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 22, 2008
i understand u,mennnnnnnnnnn air hostess ke?in all dis naija planes wey dey crash anyhow?may dat job be far from me

anyway just keep praying for her,it will be alright
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by tboy1(m): 3:41pm On May 22, 2008
I think its her decision and you should support her regardless and incase you don't know accident can happen anywhere.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by ayeesha: 3:42pm On May 22, 2008
i feel you on that. but ultimately, it`s her decision to make since you guys are not yet married.

on the other hand, why not get her another job elsewhere? maybe she`ll reconsider.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by zheroes(m): 3:45pm On May 22, 2008
are you afraid she will be seeing hot guys, say the truth?

my ex did that job before ok, depends on the airline, besides she wont fly every day, she could possibly fly once a week, i hope its international flights not local? she will have a lot of time to herself and possibly do other things, personally there isnt anything wrong for me, i know of people who died in plane crash the first day they boarded a flight.
death can meet you in your bed room, i feel your fears go beyond the crash thingy.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by onyekang1(f): 3:45pm On May 22, 2008
Just be happy for her, as you pray 4 her too. it is well.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by tboy1(m): 3:47pm On May 22, 2008
zheroes:

are you afraid she will be seeing hot guys, say the truth?

cheesy cheesy I was going to ask the same thing but just thought i should leave it out?
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by klassyguy(m): 3:50pm On May 22, 2008
It's not that i don't support her, infact i'm really happy that she's getting so many job interviews here and there. I just don't feel happy about her flying around the country in all these planes of ours. I don't want to lose her to anything.

Besides she has a job right now. She got called yesterday for the interview and she was all elated and happy that she was called again. I told her i don't want her to accept the job and she got angry and hung up on me. Maybe u're right. We are not yet married. it's her decision.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by omoovie(f): 3:54pm On May 22, 2008
Her reaction might have been based on the way you approached her about the job. No offense but Naija men often have this daddy-ish way of telling their gfs not to do something like, "I forbid you to do it! How dare you do it?". The girl's instinctive reaction will be you, "you forbid wetin? (hiss)" se you get? Try seating her down if you truly love this girl and are worried for her wellbeing and explain to her in a reasonable manner why you are worried about her taking this job. Who knows? She may be thinking you are just making noise because you want to control her or because you think air hostesses are bimbos. If you explain to her it's coming from a place of love and fear for her safety am sure she will understand. Also, suggest and help her find an alternative job-wise because as situation be for Naija she may be seeing this as her only opportunity. Good luck to you both!
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Tobiegal(f): 4:03pm On May 22, 2008
Eyah, pele,

It must be very hard 4 u, bt, u jst ave 2 give her d support dat she needs,

mayb she'l come around n cee d light , who knws?undecided
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by klassyguy(m): 4:07pm On May 22, 2008
I just told her that "Baby, i don't feel comfortable about this thing", and she was like "you too? i thot you would understand" and then she hung up. I tried calling her back but she refused to pick, and then she switched her phone off. Unfortunately am out of town, i would have gone to see her this evening, and i will not be in town till sunday. Maybe i shld let her be?
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Seun(m): 4:08pm On May 22, 2008
If you are not married, she can tell you to go to hell. Would you abandon a job for her? No.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 22, 2008
Seun:

If you are not married, she can tell you to go to hell. Would you abandon a job for her? No.
nawa o, he is just worried for her, try to understand him
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by HRhotness(f): 4:11pm On May 22, 2008
the problem is everyone is trying to make her decision for her,
you shd let her be and support her in her decision,
the poor girl is happy about getting such a glamorous job and the only thing she heres from people i show uncomfortable they are with it,
did you congratulate her? the screening process is quite vigorous and you shd be proud that she made it through
be happy for her first and worry about her later!

Sheeesh!!!!
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Seun(m): 4:12pm On May 22, 2008
If you can't support your girl's dreams, you don't deserve her.
Life is too short to spend it being held back by people who claim to love you.

Every educated person knows that air travel is safer than road travel.
So what's the problem?

the problem is everyone is trying to make her decision for her,
Exactly.

did you congratulate her? the screening process is quite vigorous and you should be proud that she made it through
be happy for her first and worry about her later!
Please tell him. Teach him.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 22, 2008
@seun

how is air travel safer dan road travel?
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 22, 2008
Hmm, he's only human and cares for the girl so I'm not suprised that that was his first reaction, put yourself in his shoes sha, air travel may be safer than road travel, especially in nigeria, but it still doesn't change the fact that accidents still do happen in the air, I'm not saying she should leave her job but she should understand how he feels
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by tboy1(m): 4:15pm On May 22, 2008
jennykadry:

@seun

Yes it is - At least in nigeria  cheesy cheesy
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Dreloaded(f): 4:19pm On May 22, 2008
@seun

Lmao. When last have you been to Nigeria?

Most he can do is pray that she is safe everytime she goes to work. That's all

OR if he actually wants to be useful instead of whining, he could help her get a job as such with INTERNATIONAL airlines. Until then, be quiet and be happy for her.

If she sat and did nothing and depended on your for money and stuff, you'd be the first one to be crying on Nairaland.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 22, 2008
@d-reloaded

dis year
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by tboy1(m): 4:24pm On May 22, 2008
jennykadry:

@d-reloaded

this year

Talking of naija road accident:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-136096.0.html#msg2286896
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Seun(m): 4:35pm On May 22, 2008
jennykadry:
@seun
About 7000-10,000 people are reported killed in road accidents each year. See:
http://www.roadsafetynigeria.com/information.html
http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/default1.php?recordID2=27%20&recordID3=79

How many people are killed in air crashes on an average year? Sometimes zero.

Your girlfriend is safer as an air hostess than as an executive going to work by road every day. Gbam.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Godalone(m): 4:37pm On May 22, 2008
Safety is of the Lord,But one needs to be careful especially the ongoings in Nigeria aviation sector.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 22, 2008
@poster
anyway sha, all i can say is prayer works, the Lord be with both of you embarassed
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by klassyguy(m): 4:44pm On May 22, 2008
For those who did not see what i typed in one of my earlier posts, here it is:-

klassyguy:

It's not that i don't support her, infact i'm really happy that she's getting so many job interviews here and there. I just don't feel happy about her flying around the country in all these planes of ours. I don't want to lose her to anything.

Besides she has a job right now. She got called yesterday for the interview and she was all elated and happy that she was called again. I told her i don't want her to accept the job and she got angry and hung up on me. Maybe u're right. We are not yet married. it's her decision.

She has her own steady income and therefore does not depent wholly on me. Besides i just wanted your views and i'm not whining. It's her decision she took to even go for the interview in the first place, and all i said was that i wasn't comfortable with the job.

@Seun, no pun intended, but u said i do not deserve her. Where were you when all those planes were falling out of the skies some years back? How deserving can one get if you know the level of insecurity in such an industry(besides in the whole country sef), and still someone you luv and care so much about wants to go into the same situation that claimed so many lives sometime ago? How will you feel if it were you? If i was being insensitive about the whole idea, i would have told her from the word GO that she shouldn't even go for the interview. So guy, please be more sensitive and try and understand things well before criticising.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 22, 2008
klassyguy:

For those who did not see what i typed in one of my earlier posts, here it is:-

She has her own steady income and therefore does not depent wholly on me. Besides i just wanted your views and i'm not whining. It's her decision she took to even go for the interview in the first place, and all i said was that i wasn't comfortable with the job.

@Seun, no pun intended, but u said i do not deserve her. [b]Where were you when all those planes were falling out of the skies some years back? How deserving can one get if you know the level of insecurity in such an industry(besides in the whole country sef), and still someone you love and care so much about wants to go into the same situation that claimed so many lives sometime ago? How will you feel if it were you? If i was being insensitive about the whole idea, i would have told her from the word GO that she shouldn't even go for the interview. So guy, please be more sensitive and try and understand things well before criticising.[/b]

Hehehe, he was on nairaland cheesy
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Dreloaded(f): 5:36pm On May 22, 2008
The job she has now, which pays more? Besides maybe she's sick of that one
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 22, 2008
I understand your concerns but let her be.

Ibkaye's male?
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by cixluv(f): 6:51pm On May 22, 2008
@ poster

what is her course of study? i just hope her job is in line with her course of study even though she is happy with it anyway.

would u have prefered her to be a hostess for ABC transport than BELLVIEW AIRLINE?

would u prefer to keep her at home and pay her stipends?

my opinion is that, the job will change her for good because it deserves a lot of courtesy and neetness etc. just hope you're not afraid she will develop all these. free her and pray 4 her safety kichikwo smiley
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by frank316(m): 7:17pm On May 22, 2008
@poster
she has the guts to hagng up the phone on you? ha!! watin that one come mean now? watin she dey feel like?

leave her, let her go and marry the plane,

see ma guy she really really Bleep up for hanging fone on you. A whole you!!!! this is very serious

look the next thing i want to hear from you is the you are not dating that girl (i have a feeling she must be very hot)
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by 2dye4(m): 11:19pm On May 22, 2008
frank 3.16:

@poster
she has the guts to hagng up the phone on you? ha!! watin that one come mean now? watin she dey feel like?

leave her, let her go and marry the plane,

see ma guy she really really mess up for hanging phone on you. A whole you!!!! this is very serious

look the next thing i want to hear from you is the you are not dating that girl (i have a feeling she must be very hot)

sho! which one be your own? she hang up on u?

clearly she was upset its understandable and definitely 4givable.

@poster- if its what she really wants, i'd advise support her and love her all the same, for a relationship to work, atimes u have to lay certain things on the altar of compromise. wink
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Dreloaded(f): 11:24pm On May 22, 2008
this frank person sounds like a psychopath

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Advisable For A Boss To Date Her Office Secretary? / See What Happen When You Can Satisfy Her In Bed: A Must Read! / 5 Effects Of Masturbation On You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.