Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt (21692 Views)

Check Out This Pro Amaechi Banner. PICTURE. / 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC / Pictures Of A Pro-Amaechi Rally In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by midpoint: 12:08pm On Jul 16, 2013
Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi and the governors of Jigawa, Kano, Niger and Adamawa that came to pay him a solidarity visit could not leave the Port Harcourt International airport this morning as protesters rented by forces loyal to President Goodluck Jonathan and his wife, Patience bombarded the airport.

Amaechi, who arrived on a different flight from Abuja around 9:00 AM had to wait in the VIP lounge of the airport until the other four governors arrived as he could not leave, worried that his convoy would come under attack from the protesters.

Sources at the airport told SaharaReporters that the protesters were bused to the airport a early as 7 AM this morning, by 8AM huge crowd bearing placards had virtually taken over the airport with the police giving them protection.

Aides to the governor said they are worried that a bloody confrontation could arise should the governors leave the airport as several of the protesters appear armed.

Opposition parties earlier revealed that Mr. Jonathan wants to foment a violent confrontation between supporters of the governor, and those opposed to him so as to give room to declare a state of emergency in the state,

Last week, five lawmakers led by an Evans Bipi, who is a close relative of Mr. Jonathan's wife tried unsuccessfully to hijack the leadership of the Rivers State House of Assembly

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/rivers-crisis-amaechi-and-four-northern-governors-held-hostage-port-harcourt-international
Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by Krisu2much: 12:23pm On Jul 16, 2013
I guez d drum is sounding louder nw than expectd cm 2015.
Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by kunlekunle: 12:25pm On Jul 16, 2013
wild wild south.
Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 16, 2013
This crisis will turn into something that can no longer be controlled soon enough. Nigerian politics, so so terrible.

1 Like

Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by Geomac: 12:31pm On Jul 16, 2013
Hmmmn! We are watching.
Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by geeez: 12:34pm On Jul 16, 2013
Sad sad south

1 Like

Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by fkaz(m): 12:35pm On Jul 16, 2013

1 Like

Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by Abagworo(m): 12:36pm On Jul 16, 2013
I'm surprised the Presidency and their gang have failed to realize that God is with Amaechi. They are acting more like Pharaoh while Amaechi and Nigerians are Israelites.

5 Likes

Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by jeron1(m): 12:38pm On Jul 16, 2013
space booked
Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by hakanai(m): 12:39pm On Jul 16, 2013
enough troubles in rivers.
Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 16, 2013
GEJ won't be able to stand what will follow his actions.

2 Likes

Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by Omen100(m): 12:42pm On Jul 16, 2013
jeron1: space booked

MAKE ME SELF BOOK SPACE TOO BECAUSE THIS IS GOING TO BE AN INTERESTING ONE, MAKE ME SELF JUST JOIN OTHERS DEY OBSERVE OOOO.
Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by Pk001(m): 12:43pm On Jul 16, 2013
It is clear that Rivers people are not happy Ameachi.These Northerners will use him and dump him.

Ameachi be warned o...

11 Likes

Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by naptu2: 12:45pm On Jul 16, 2013
@Gidi_Traffic FLASH: Rival groups protesting and engaging in free-for-all at the Port Harcourt International Airport,Omagwa, River State

Okezie Kelvin Jr ⁠ @d

I am presently still holed up at the arrival hall of the PH airport alongside a number of passengers due to the fracas @omojuwa @TouchPH

⁠Okezie Kelvin Jr

@TouchPH @deehumorous horrific scenes at the PH international airport. All manner of dangerous weapons being freely used by armed thugs
Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by Sec5(m): 12:48pm On Jul 16, 2013
But this is so crude of the players.How on earth is the president toeing this path of destruction.ok! Let's keep our fingers crossed as events unfold.

1 Like

Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by Geomac: 12:48pm On Jul 16, 2013
Pk001: The Useless four?

Without any apology, can you say this to your father?

7 Likes

Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by Allisonrichy(m): 12:48pm On Jul 16, 2013
Thats one concern them...baba God na ur hand I dey oo
Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by Jesuspikin87(m): 12:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
I Just dey observe.
Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by Allisonrichy(m): 12:51pm On Jul 16, 2013
Observe well oo
Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by kkkp: 12:52pm On Jul 16, 2013

1 Like

Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by ucheokpara100(m): 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
hahahahaha, i'm happy! make we fight am once and 4 all. because it's getn too much
Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by clever5680: 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
when did wole soyinka become a politician, advisers shd tell him that he shd not sell his name 4 a pot of soup

1 Like

Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by steveec122(m): 12:54pm On Jul 16, 2013
When you tie wrapper dey fight pikin, your wrapper go loose and your priiiik go dangle. Jonah do not be desperate, persecutors always fail. Amechi will soon get the sympathy of Nigerians and dethrone you.

8 Likes

Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 16, 2013
Abagworo: I'm surprised the Presidency and their gang have failed to realize that God is with Amaechi. They are acting more like Pharaoh while Amaechi and Nigerians are Israelites.

How much is Amaechi paying you?

20 Likes

Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 16, 2013
Someone is desperate to set the tinderbox alight.

A statement issued by Ibim Semenitari, Rivers State Commisssioner of Information and Communications, reads:“There were jitters in the presidency over the visit of governors of Adamawa, Jigawa, Kano and Niger to Rivers State Governor and Chairman of the Nigeria Governors' Forum, Rt. Hon Chibuike Amaechi in Port Harcourt, today Tuesday 16, 2013. Members of the Nyesom Wike's campaign organisation Grassroot Democratic Initiative GDI, had mobilised hoodlums to disrupt the visit. Chanting solidarity songs in favour of the presidency attempted to attack Governor Amaechi and his team.

Wike had boasted after the failed impeachment attempt at the Rivers State House of Assembly that he would set Rivers State ablaze and render it ungovernable.

A four litre keg suspected to contain some acid was found beside the mob. Rivers State Police Commissioner Mbu Joseph Mbu denied knowledge of the mob's presence although the police stated that the airport is a public place and everyone has a right to visit freely and unhindered. This protends grave danger and has far reaching implications for our fledgling democracy.”

Source
Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by Rooneyboy(m): 12:57pm On Jul 16, 2013
Jonathan can never be feared, no matter how hard he tries.

To me, he's only digging his own 2015 grave .

3 Likes

Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by ndcide(m): 12:58pm On Jul 16, 2013
Why do these media houses link every thing to the president. Couldn't it be that the people of rivers have passed a vote of no confidence on Amaechi hence reacting this way. isn't it surprising that the majority of the people of rivers do not support Amaechi?

Some of us have been beating the drums of revolution. But my question is; does revolution mean removing GEJ? Maybe the people of rivers have stated their own revolution and the aim is to remove Amaechi. Other state can start their own revolution in their own state. when we have succeeded we can then start a revolution targeting GEJ. A revolution in Lagos state wouldn't be a bad idea you know? After all, People say its revolution we need in this country. I think Rivers revolution have started, Next should be Lagos, Adamawa, Ogun, Abia, Nasarawa etc

48 Likes

Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by Fazhy: 12:58pm On Jul 16, 2013
Darthmaul: This crisis will turn into something that can no longer be controlled soon enough. Nigerian politics, so so terrible.

I'm beginning to believe that.

Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 16, 2013
Jonathan is getting desperate.....

Only a mischievous and devilish person will attribute this level of lawlessness to Wike.
Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by DICKtator: 12:59pm On Jul 16, 2013
Wondering what retired officer GEJ may want to impose on Riverians in the coming elections like he did in ByeyesSire
grin grin grin grin
Re: Thugs Disrupt Pro-Amaechi Governors' Visit In Port-Harcourt by EyesWideOpen(m): 12:59pm On Jul 16, 2013
Disgraceful!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test / APGA Chairman & Governor Soludo Frustrated Me - Peter Umeadi / ‘Nigerian Workers Should Be Clapping For Us’ – Chris Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.