Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? (111585 Views)

Oluwa Mi, Emi O Jebi O....Ni Orin Ti Saraki Fi S'enu Ni Ile Igbejo / The Meaning Of Peace In The Different Nigerian Languages / And To Which Language Do These Famous Naija Expressions Belong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 05, 2013
Azonto
is a term used for wayward girls way before the dancing steps emerged.
Azonto was used for the dancing steps because is normally danced by
stubborn n notorious high school students
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by feekman(m): 8:19am On Dec 05, 2013
Yoruba:Emi na ma doo.. English: goodluck fucking in progress
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by spicyuzo(m): 8:39am On Dec 05, 2013
kekakuz: this word originated from ancient ife kingdom
it was derived from the word emi na aado meaning i will av my turn on him or her.
the then slave master use to select the finest jewish slave to av sex with and the other slave master will often shout"emina ado"'meaning i also want to ssex her.
the jewish slaves who has no tru knowledge of yoruba people even unill date believed thatt the word means my love or lovers or someone that stays close to bring happiness.
in the early 17th century,they were liberated by oranmiyan who asked them to leave and go find a place to settle.he also put a mark on their head to differentiate them from the yorubas.
they left and settled in the eastern part of nigeria.a place we now call igbo land.

eminado became a part of their vocabulary to mean something that stays close or together to bring luck.

now u all know the history and fact you will never get elsewhere,advantage of being a nairalander

This is pathetic...
You might win a nobel prize in literature if you put your imaginations to good use...
Apparently you deserve a LAURATE SLAP for such piteous write-up

1 Like

Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Melancholy(m): 8:42am On Dec 05, 2013
olorunthobby: Eminado is simply yoruba statement emi ni ado meaning 'nah me go straf am' cheesy
clown go do the remix nau
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by kekakuz(m): 8:52am On Dec 05, 2013
Aspetta: I can't stop laughing at this immense stup!dity. So Jews migrated from Yoruba land as slaves? Dream on!.Anyway, I hope you are joking...
$
i dont see why ya all av issues with my post
this is pure history
learn your history guyz
know your history
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by matzoro(m): 8:53am On Dec 05, 2013
it was derived from the word emi na aado meaning i will av my turn on him or her.
the then slave master use to select the finest jewish slave to av sex with and the other slave master will often shout"emina ado"'meaning i also want to ssex her.
the jewish slaves who has no tru knowledge of yoruba people even unill date believed thatt the word means my love or lovers or someone that stays close to bring happiness.
in the early 17th century,they were liberated by oranmiyan who asked them to leave and go find a place to settle.he also put a mark on their head to differentiate them from the yorubas.
they left and settled in the eastern part of nigeria.a place we now call igbo land.

eminado became a part of their vocabulary to mean something that stays close or together to bring luck.

now u all know the history and fact you will never get elsewhere,advantage of being a nairalander

c wetin ur fixation with the Igbo people dey cause u, imagine d time and d brain matter wasted in typing dis ish...is a pity but isok cos if everybody is sane...

4 Likes

Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Xyge(m): 9:20am On Dec 05, 2013
I'm thirsty... Agrhhh..
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by write2obi(m): 9:21am On Dec 05, 2013
theimmortals:
Its not only emi nado, limpopo, azonto, skelewu, alingo, etc
i need to know their meaning too

eminado= lucky charm
limpopo= a town in south Africa
azonto= a dance style
skelewu=
alingo =
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by write2obi(m): 9:25am On Dec 05, 2013
New Ideas: A beg what of kuchi kuchi,azonto, alingo .ha etire me o
i doubt you've really listened to that song "kuchi kuchi". listen to that song and stop asking dumb question
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by write2obi(m): 9:28am On Dec 05, 2013

I don't beli that shi!t
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by write2obi(m): 9:33am On Dec 05, 2013
Chinaimporter: [size=18pt]you guys dont understand it....eminado is a sicillian pronouncation of illuminado which means an illuminated person or in occultic terminology a scion of illuminati...he chant is in praise of the grand architect of the universe who is the the bright morning star, the blessed Sanctus Illuminatus luciferum [/size]

ok we get it, your retardeedd
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by delezac(m): 9:35am On Dec 05, 2013
I just listened to the song and the meaning is well declared judging from the lyrics;

'EMINADO: Me too will have will have my turn on her/him'

Any objection?
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by okoolomu: 10:07am On Dec 05, 2013
tjfulloption: emi nado in hausa has no meaning

in yoruba, it has 2 meaning: 1. emi (me) n ado (in ado) me in ado(ekiti) 2. me too will f**k

in igbo: a luck charm made of cowries normally ware by wreastlers for goodluck.

eminado! eminado!!
i rest my case

It's should be 3 at least. Emi ni ADO [I am the ADO (charm gourd)] .
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by busoye19: 10:09am On Dec 05, 2013
delezac: I just listened to the song and the meaning is well declared judging from the lyrics;

'EMINADO: Me too will have will have my turn on her/him'

Any objection?

Exactly! That's the meaning in Yoruba language. And the lyrics confirmed same.
I have been thinking about this since I listened to the song.

1 Like

Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 05, 2013
Melancholy: Hello Nairalanders,the above question came into mind when i was listening to a new song titled EMI NADO from Tiwa savage ft Don Jazzy as one of our R&B diva in Nigeria. My curiosity for the meaning increased because am not a polyglot and it will be nice to start from somewhere. Well, if you ask me in my language (Yyoruba) to pronounce this word thrice, it a word that ridicule you if you choose to sing along with the chorus of this song in public. So guys in the house, I need to know.
it does not anything my guy..tiwa was at prime time studio some time ago..she was asked by baba keke nd D1 wats d meaning of eminado she said its just like slans dat don jazzy uses in the studio..so they decided too make some cash outa it..I was perplexed my self..everytin is possible oo..
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by chievo: 10:19am On Dec 05, 2013

[color=#006600][/color]......Ezii!!
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 05, 2013
kekakuz:
$
i dont see why ya all av issues with my post
this is pure history
learn your history guyz
know your history
igbos wher never under any scratched face baboon ,scartched face were under fulani as slaves till present,u re very stupiddd

1 Like

Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by MOORCHMOORE(m): 10:36am On Dec 05, 2013
Themhydahyoh: Eminado is a luck charm made from cowries, it is usually worn by
wrestlers from the east during matches, Eminado! Eminado ooo
Which east, I come from east and never had such word. I only know of emene meaning "don't do", emecha or emesia "after or later"
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Forwetinnah: 10:41am On Dec 05, 2013

Ohhh! Werin persin no go hear for Nairaland? grin

2 Likes

Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by wonlasewonimi: 10:41am On Dec 05, 2013
smith_sydny: it does not anything my guy..tiwa was at prime time studio some time ago..she was asked by baba keke nd D1 wats d meaning of eminado she said its just like slans dat don jazzy uses in the studio..so they decided too make some cash outa it..I was perplexed my self..everytin is possible oo..

Yes that's true. Don jazzy was telling Dr Sid one day the in the studio that eminado omo yen shey iwo naa do?
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Chidosky1000: 10:43am On Dec 05, 2013
Its meaningless just like many other Nigerian musics , although it hv danceable tones
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Chidosky1000: 10:47am On Dec 05, 2013
wonlasewonimi:

Yes that's true. Don jazzy was telling Dr Sid one day the in the studio that eminado omo yen shey iwo naa do?
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Sike(m): 11:17am On Dec 05, 2013
From my own point of view, it means [b]Na me go "DO" you.
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Rejoice5000(f): 11:36am On Dec 05, 2013
I like the song though

1 Like

Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by himclfgud(m): 11:52am On Dec 05, 2013
simply means ....."what we sell" in edo language .
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by RoadLord: 12:04pm On Dec 05, 2013
olorunthobby: Eminado is simply yoruba statement emi ni ado meaning 'nah me go straf am' cheesy

Emi n' ado means me sef go do inside. Na only u wan strafe am. I bow to u o
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Engrchuks2011: 12:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
In Igbo land there is nothing like "
emi Nado"
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by olumidazz: 1:03pm On Dec 05, 2013
From the way don jazzy sounded at the beginning of that song, I pictured a girl walking into a boys hostel and the boys scrabbling to f**k her and off cos the big boss man won the fight and hence ami lado emi lado emi lado. Na me go f**k am
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Melancholy(m): 1:46pm On Dec 05, 2013
himclfgud: simply means ....."what we sell" in edo language .
really we are getting there.I just need few people to back this up cos it seemed it's no more igbo language due to some responses am reading from igbos on this thread
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by moufan: 2:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
it basically means good luck charm according to Don jazzy
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by sonickay(m): 2:14pm On Dec 05, 2013
I was singing this chorus today and I didn't know when I blurted out Eminado which left people within my vicinity flabbergasted. It later occured to me that my intonation changed it to "Emi Ado" which means na me go put my 1 in her Zero0 in yoruba. I laffed sotey sotey Emin ado, emin adoo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Interesting Images From Precolonial And Early Colonial Africa / Nigerian (igbo) & African American / What Is The Nwa Baby Ashawo Song By Flavour N'abania Talking About?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.