Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,189 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia (61997 Views)

#thehottestone Is Finally Revealed(1) / Cancellation Of Jumia Order / Blackberry Faces Ban In Nigeria And Users Faith Untold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Henryedom: 3:31pm On Sep 09, 2013
omoobajeje1: U are right my brother. I ordered for one of their shoe about 2 months ago and when my order was delivered I noticed dt d shoe has been fairly used and repacked. This is terribly bad for a coy like jumia 2 do.
Me too I also ordered 2 G-strings pants for my girlfriend and i noticed the pants has been fairly used and repacked.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Henryedom: 3:32pm On Sep 09, 2013
omoobajeje1: U are right my brother. I ordered for one of their shoe about 2 months ago and when my order was delivered I noticed dt d shoe has been fairly used and repacked. This is terribly bad for a coy like jumia 2 do.
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Mohammed223: 10:44am On Jul 09, 2014
Hi All,

I have experienced a similar problem with https://www.jumia.com.eg I bought an iphone 5s and it had a crack in it. However, they were very helpful and I actually replaced it with a new one wink
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by akinpelu1000000(m): 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
Hi guys, it's not only Jumia, its all of them. I bought an all in one from parkway only to find that it was refurbished one. they didn't say it was refubished in the ad. I think this is big fraud. They must be made to state the condition of the product on the ad. I think they sell them cheap because it wasn't new but they should tell the truth and let the buyers decide.
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Mustay(m): 11:04am On Jul 26, 2014
You guys should take this up with NCC.
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Onlinety: 11:35am On Aug 07, 2014
Very Good information.. Awesome Thanks for sharing..

Hospital Management Software
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 21, 2014
Byebye jumia....

1 Like

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Cutiekc: 12:35am On Sep 29, 2014
Pleae post with proof.. I just purchased a dell laptop which was delivered to me with 40 hours and the laptop so far has been good.... they are the best.... same laptop at computer village is sold at 72-74 but bought it at 69,700 at jumia..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Felixdav(m): 9:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
These people praising jumia products could be their agents o. if not why not respect and consider another mature and intelligent persons complaint as genuine and in need of consideration. several people are complaining about a company, that should tell you something...

1 Like

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by gregkuika: 11:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
Drphemmy4u: I bought a tab from jumia,(bryte) it was advertised to b 16gb memory.lo n behold I saw 2gb wen it came.ear piece was also in pieces.I mailed them to complain BT I got no reply.I paid 40,665naira (plus delivery)
. What leta did u do to it
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by claycares: 7:57pm On Sep 30, 2014
A refurbished electronics is one that has been repackaged by for sale after the product has been returned or exchanged after its initial purchase/damage. Example of a refurb electronic is where perhaps an item had a bad circuit board, or the glass face on a music player got scratched and it's been replaced, but in some cases, a refurbished item may have had its packaging damaged badly in the process of getting it to the store. The item inside may be just fine, but the retailer may have decided to send it back for repackaging. Or it's possible that the shipping box could be opened and retaped.

For Apple products, refurbished devices have usually been repaired by Apple technicians, and some of these devices may even contain replacement parts if they had been previously defective. Although refurbished phones are certified by Apple to be fully functional and operational, some iPhone vendors or sellers may not be able to determine if a particular iPhone is refurbished. To identify a refurbished iPhone, you can examine the iPhone's packaging and review the device's serial number to determine the manufacturing date. To do this, look for an "Apple Certified" seal on the packaging. This seal indicates that the iPhone has undergone testing and the refurbishment process by Apple-certified technicians.

Examine the iPhone's box and packaging. Refurbished iPhones will usually be sold in all-white boxes or packaging.

Locate the serial number of the iPhone and examine the iPhone's serial number.Determine if the first digit of the serial number is "5." If the device has been refurbished and is "Apple Certified," then Apple will modify the serial number to begin with the number "5."

In some other electronics I know refurbished items' serial number starts with an 'R' in the beginning of the serial number.

It is grossly unethical, deceitful, misrepresentating and criminal to sell an item as new when it has been refurbished.
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by bobo65(m): 4:12am On Oct 01, 2014
Henryedom:
Me too I also ordered 2 G-strings pants for my girlfriend and i noticed the pants has been fairly used and repacked.

haha
ur head no correct

1 Like

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Cutiekc: 7:33am On Oct 01, 2014
Felixdav: These people praising jumia products could be their agents o. if not why not respect and consider another mature and intelligent persons complaint as genuine and in need of consideration. several people are complaining about a company, that should tell you something...
sorry I am not their agent.. I will screen shot my order when power comes and I will scan my invoice as well.. The thing is that, i accept the complains of those who has the same proof as I will post.
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Nobody: 6:01am On Nov 01, 2014
just passingjust passingjust passing
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by olaridwan(m): 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2014
so absurd!! Reforbished fone!
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Dedayo: 11:51am On Nov 19, 2014
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Herrmes: 11:57am On Nov 19, 2014
Whatever happens I go to the manufacturer's store to buy a phone, like Samsung store in Uyo, that's where I bought an S5 for my mum, I don't trust Nigerian online retailers
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Bryt07: 3:27pm On Nov 19, 2014
Chylo:
GEJ is responsible for all dis nonsense.

Baba please naaa y r u alwaez blaming GEJ...hiann shey GEJ should still b worrying himxelf with onlyn shopping again...
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by bayulll01(m): 7:54am On Dec 04, 2014
plesase what is jumias e-mail, am dupe
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Mustay(m): 9:17am On Dec 04, 2014
info@
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by mikeayus(m): 10:51am On Dec 21, 2014
wow. So most likely all jumia, konga and slot products are refurbished? Where do we get genuine devices now oh?
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by cendstudios: 9:21pm On Mar 11, 2015
Konga is real. People are making it there. Even if you are a manufacturer, importer or developer. For instance I develop softwares and I sell them on Konga. Here is the link /Cendstudios
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by cendstudios: 9:22pm On Mar 11, 2015
Konga is real. People are making it there. Even if you are a manufacturer, importer or developer. For instance I develop softwares and I sell them on Konga. Here is the link www. konga. com/Cendstudios
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 11, 2015
Dedayo:
It is indeed a shame!!!

on 23 October 2014, I placed an order #308252552 with Jumia.
It is exactly 4 weeks I placed an order with Jumia. I also made the mistake of paying online before delivery.
Eventually, the items ordered were not delivered due to avoidable logistics lapses in Jumia's delivery process.
Subsequently, Jumia cancelled the order without my knowledge while I was still awaiting my package.
All attempts to get a refund after finding out it was cancelled proved abortive as Jumia customer support executives always rehashed the line "my complaint has been escalated and is currently under review". Subsequently, on 4th November 2014 I was informed that although a cash refund was impossible in the absence of me providing the transaction ID generated at the time of ordering, a voucher code will be generated. A ludicrous excuse as no one will think of taking a screenshot of their transaction ID since there are other means of proving that payment was indeed effected in favour of the vendor.
On 17 November 2014, almost 2weeks later, I contacted Jumia requesting for the status of my complaint as I was yet to receive the said voucher code. The support executive rehashed the same line "Madam, your complaint is being looked into".
On 18 November 2014, I received a bank credit notification for the amount paid to Jumia contrary to their ealier position that a refund was impossible in the absence of my transaction id. (You will expect that they will have it).
However, about 5 hours later, on 19 November 2014 at about 1:47am, Jumia performed magic! I received a bank debit alert from GTB for the purported refund in favour of Jumia.
I waited till day break and called the robots as usual and guess what the response was...they could see from the system that a voucher code had been generated for me. Hellooooo.... no voucher code! Rather you guys are crediting and reversing entries in my bank account! How is that even possible The robot responded by saying I should confirm from my bank as that was impossible. The transaction could not have been reversed by Jumia. It really appears a lot is impossible with Jumia: ranging from Service delivery to package delivery; refunds and voucher codes.
However, account manipulation appears possible. I have sent them supporting documents for the transactions which they purport is impossible.
Jumia!!! for the love of money which you guys are so after, refund my money!!! You are not the first e-merchant store I am using biko! Refund my money!!!
Customers should not suffer from your inefficiencies and control lapses.
Fix your internal issues and refund my money Jumia!

You should have made your transactions through a Jumia sales consultant.

Its better you pay on delivery also.
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 11, 2015
Please let's try to look into this matter intricately, you won't be surprised that some people buy from scammers thinking that they bought goods from Jumia.

I've had cases of people being duped or almost being duped by scammers claiming to work for Jumia.

This are the tips to note when ordering from Jumia
1. Browse through their official website (www.) to select what you want.
2. Go through a sales consultant (like me and others) to buy the product
3. Don't pay before delivery, ensure you first get your order before paying. This should be sorted out for you by a Sales Consultant
4. You can even get discounts from Sales Consultant so its good you do transactions through them.
5. Incase of faults make sure you return in 14 days time after you've picked your order
6. After 14 days Jumia would not collect it back and that is not the end anyway, you can visit warranty service centers (I can help you with that)
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 11, 2015
mikeayus:
wow. So most likely all jumia, konga and slot products are refurbished? Where do we get genuine devices now oh?

No we sell quality products, one can fall prey to scammers and would be thinking he/she is doing business with Jumia
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by faith2ogesco(m): 7:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
I ve bought good stuff from jumia too..jux be sure u pay on delivery
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by nga2020: 6:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
Jumai sells fake products especially their phones, a particular phone that I bought xtouch that did not even last for 3 weeks due to no fault of mine. Their clearance sales is also a dupe, stay clear from their fashion items , especially Yimaida shoes....too fake.
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 14, 2015
The bitter tales of Nigeria e-commerce not only jumia konga inclusive. All I do these days is check for prices of interested items.
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by estateng(m): 12:01pm On Sep 08, 2015
Jumai sells fake products especially their phones, a particular phone that I bought xtouch that did not even last for 3 weeks due to no fault of mine. Their clearance sales is also a dupe, stay clear from their fashion items , especially Yimaida shoes....too fake.

Nigerians and osho free. U see Xtouch, u sef carry hand go buy. Wetin u be?
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by callmelanner(m): 5:37pm On Sep 08, 2015
I bought a memory card of 16gb and when I got home to confirm the card, It wasn't even up to 1gig... Was highly disappointed!!!
Their products are always overhyped

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Whatsapp To Stop Working On Millions Of Phones From January 1 / GB Whatsapp Ban / I'm The First Person To Use Infinix S5pro In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.