Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan (911 Views)

The Truth About The Demolition Of Owonifari Market At Oshodi Lagos - Joe Igbokwe / Saraki Doesn't Deserve Pity,He &His Gang Of Thieves Scattered APC's Plan-Igbokwe / Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2013
Nigerians must speak out now to stop this embarrassment called Mrs. Patience Jonathan. Those who knew this woman before President Goodluck Jonathan became the President told us that what is unfolding today at the presidency had been a reoccurring decimal when Jonathan was a deputy governor, a governor and vice-president. We were told then that Mrs. Patience Jonathan must always have her way no matter what is at stake. We heard stories of bizarre things that happened in her days at Bayelsa State House. All these were ignored because she was confined to a small state called Bayelsa but now she is the Nigerian First Lady, events are unfolding and they are so unhealthy to the presidency and governance of the country.

Shortly after President GEJ was sworn in, her deficiency began to manifest. Comportment, carriage, finesse, decency, prestige, honour and glory that go with the exalted position began to suffer. Any public outing became a big embarrassment to President Jonathan and Nigerians. Her public engagements became unbecoming of anybody that is privileged to be called the wife of the President of Nigeria. These embarrassments were of public knowledge and even at the presidency, the matter was well-known but nothing was done to stop the ridicule. Nobody quarreled with President Jonathan because Dame Patience is his wife but we expected that he would have put his feet down and ensured that his wife ]went for training or back to school to learn few things about social graces and carriage. If it was impossible for her to humble herself to learn, the president would have confined her to the State House to prepare food for him. But President Jonathan did not do any of these. He pretended that nothing is lost and that probably the woman will learn through practice. But has she learnt anything? Not to my knowledge. Her reckless and primitive use of State power has gotten into her head, her mouth, her eyes, her mind, her heart, her soul, her system.

Today, her unrestricted movements and engagement have dented the presidency and Nigeria’s image. Her encounter with Governor Amaechi sometime ago in Port Harcourt was an eye opener. In a public function, she grabbed the microphone and began to direct the sitting governor that his demolition of shanties in Port Harcourt is unacceptable. Governor Amaechi was stunned into disbelief but he restrained himself for the respect he has for Mr. President. Mrs. Patience did not stop there. Anytime she goes to any state, commuters suffer excruciating pains because there will be no movement until she cruises in and out. Last year, Dame Patience came to Lagos on a mission that is yet not too clear except the position put forth by her handlers that she came to thank Lagos women for supporting her husband in the 2011 election. For the duration of her visit, Lagos was shut down and Lagosians went through excruciating torture moving about and carying out their normal duties. Last year also, she was said to have stormed Warri to open a boutique and the whole town was shut down. Tales of woes have been told of these excesses in other cities she visited but the presidency paid no attention.

The present unavoidable and unfortunate crisis in Rivers State has also exposed the excesses, recklessness, the timid use of power to achieve diabolical ends. An anti-Amaechi lawmaker in Rivers State House of Assembly said Dame Patience Jonathan is his Jesus Christ on earth. This statement at once exposed the neck-deep involvement of Dame Patience Jonathan in the dangerous political game being played in Rivers State that may derail our hard-earned democracy if the presidency fails to act.

Now the questions are: do we have a constitutional provision for the office of the First Lady in the 1999 Constitution? Did anybody elect Mrs. Jonathan for any post in Nigeria? Is there anything like the office of the First Lady in Nigeria? What is pushing this limited educated wife of the President to indulge in this show of power and strength? Why is the presidency keeping quiet about this abuse of privileges? Why is the National Assembly deaf and dumb on these abuses of privileges by Dame Patience Jonathan and the wanton excesses she is manifesting in the polity? Why is the Council of States keeping mute on these unwarranted embarrassments from Mrs. Patience Jonathan? Apart from a voice from the global personality called Professor Wole Soyinka, what are the elders of Nigeria saying about this mess and shame? Why are the women not speaking out? Why this deafening silence? What about the intelligentsia, the university lecturers? Why are the lawyers not speaking? What of labour? If a writer is silent, he or she is lying.

Now, we must stop this nonsense. Those who knew nothing about this democracy we are enjoying today are working 24 hours a day to scuttle the hard-earned system of government, but we must not allow this. Elders must speak out for the children to hear. President Jonathan must have the courage to call his wife to order. Dame Patience is not too old to go back to school to help herself. I am 100% sure that if she had a better education, she would have understood her limits and where to stop as the President’s wife.

This is a lesson to all women whose husbands have political ambition. Go and help yourself, go to school, learn the art of carriage, learn finesse, learn self control, learn diplomacy, learn public speaking, understand your limitations, read voraciously, learn about dignity and integrity, discipline and respect for constituted authority.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/07/16/joe-igbokwe-please-stop-this-embarrassment-called-mrs-patience-jonathan/

2 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
It's rather unfortunate that GEJ needs outsiders to put his lopsided hippo wife in check.

What you don't curb at home will be observed outside.

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by Tolexander: 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2013
Some people will still come here to claim that Joe Igbokwe isn't an igbo but a man whose father is from Ibadan.

4 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by oilyngbati1: 6:58pm On Jul 16, 2013
The likes of this battyman called Joe Igbokwe is your typical Lagos/Abuja Igbo, who have imbibed the cowardly nature of their immediate environment/hosts. This battyman remind us of the other Lagos/Abuja Igbos like berem, abagworo, mikensy, etc. Joe Igbokwe should rather tell his criminal governor Fashola to stop the thieving embarrassment called Tinubu angry
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by quality01(m): 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2013
GEJ is a total disgrace to nigeria. A man that cannot control his wife is the person ruling nigeria. What a pity to my country
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 16, 2013
Tolexander: Some people will still come here to claim that Joe Igbokwe isn't an igbo but a man whose father is from Ibadan.

Of course. We must always be the backbone and courage of Nigerian politics. For revolution to start, it must begin in the SW.
Kudos to Soyinka, many speakers will soon open their mouth to reprimand PEJ for her foolishness.
I didn't even notice this woman until the Amaechi saga.

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 16, 2013
It matters less if she's someone's wife. Someone's wife is still a human being that makes mistake, mistake that should be corrected and staunched.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by Enegod(m): 7:13pm On Jul 16, 2013
oily+Yoruba:
The likes of this battyman called Joe Igbokwe is your typical Lagos/Abuja Igbo, who have imbibed the cowardly nature of their immediate environment/hosts. This battyman remind us of the other Lagos/Abuja Igbos like berem, abagworo, mikensy, etc. Joe Igbokwe should rather tell his criminal governor Fashola to stop the thieving embarrassment called Tinubu angry
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by cooltone: 7:16pm On Jul 16, 2013
oily+Yoruba:
Am igbo too and I do not fancy the joke called Jonathan. His wife Patience is a living example of a moving disgrace in human skin. I detest in strong terms associating Jonathan's support with Igbos because Ijaws will never support an igbo man even if he is doing very well talk less if the person is as daft as Jonathan.

5 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by warrior01: 7:18pm On Jul 16, 2013
Na wa o! This my Nnewi brother is becoming an embarassment. Bia Joe, how much are these hypocritical rats paying you self? I know man must wack but pls, use your tongue to count your teeth. Remember Yinka Odumakin, nothing last forever
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by warrior01: 7:22pm On Jul 16, 2013
cooltone:
Am igbo too and I do not fancy the joke called Jonathan. His wife Patience is a living example of a moving disgrace in human skin. I detest in strong terms associating Jonathan's support with Igbos because Ijaws will never support an igbo man even if he is doing very well talk less if the person is as daft as Jonathan.

No! You are not a full blooded igbo man. You've eaten ofe mmanu.
Ehen, you said Oga Jona is daft and he is your president. Don't you think something must be wrong with you
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by vizboy(m): 7:28pm On Jul 16, 2013
Am a big supporter of Gej but i have to say that the writer of the article is right. The damage done by the wife of the president has cost the president alot and he needs to call the wife,sit her down and put her in her place. Enough is enough
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 16, 2013
warrior01: Na wa o! This my Nnewi brother is becoming an embarassment. Bia Joe, how much are these hypocritical rats paying you self? I know man must wack but pls, use your tongue to count your teeth. Remember Yinka Odumakin, nothing last forever

You only need to utilize one ID to express your ediocy
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by cooltone: 7:42pm On Jul 16, 2013
warrior01:

No! You are not a full blooded igbo man. You've eaten ofe mmanu.
Ehen, you said Oga Jona is daft and he is your president. Don't you think something must be wrong with you
I have an information for you, no ijaw man would stand by an igbo man the way some igbos on nairaland support the daft Jonathan. They hate us beyond any imagination over nothing. At every slight opportunity, they always seek pound of flesh from us. I may support Jonathan as an ordinary Nigerian but as an igbo man not at all. So people like you should stop making Jonathan and his wife's support synonymous with igbos.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by seunfly: 7:57pm On Jul 16, 2013
cooltone:
I have an information for you, no ijaw man would stand by an igbo man the way some igbos on nairaland support the daft Jonathan. They hate us beyond any imagination over nothing. At every slight opportunity, they always seek pound of flesh from us. I may support Jonathan as an ordinary Nigerian but as an igbo man not at all. So people like you should stop making Jonathan and his wife's support synonymous with igbos.
Shoud we support or against things/people base on tribe or geniune reason? If i is left to some igbos here on Nairaland Jonathan would not have become president because they will stand blindly behind Turai Yaradua saga if she is an igbo woman or ijaw woman.
Irrespective of the tribe, intrest and d food we are eating from d bad people, we must strife to say d truth.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by iamtheprincipal: 8:07pm On Jul 16, 2013
PEJ is indeed the hallmark of embarrassment to this nation and as a matter of utmost importance, Nigerians should speak against her excesses abuse of the privileges of power.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by cooltone: 8:10pm On Jul 16, 2013
seunfly:
Shoud we support or against things/people base on tribe or geniune reason? If i is left to some igbos here on Nairaland Jonathan would not have become president because they will stand blindly behind Turai Yaradua saga if she is an igbo woman or ijaw woman.
Irrespective of the tribe, intrest and d food we are eating from d bad people, we must strife to say d truth.
I want to stop the notion that support for Jonathan is synonymous to our people Igbos based on our tribe and anybody that doesn't support him is an outcast. I was supporting Jonathan with a free mind not minding his tribe but I can sincerely say that his performance is way very poor. His wife is a disgrace to even a low family talkless of the highest office. For now that I no longer support him, nobody should say because am igbo I should keep quiet because am pretty sure his own ijaw people will not attach such sentiments when an igbo is involved.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Please Stop Patience Jonathan by mukina2: 8:12pm On Jul 16, 2013

(1)

"We Need Nigerians More Than They Need Us" - Former David Cameron Speech Writer / Relocation Of Destitute Out Of Lagos Is Legal And Constitutional, By Jiti Ogunye / The Main Reasons Behind Femi Fani-kayode Eternal Hatred For The Igbo Tribes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.