Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Wet Dreams & Fasting In Islam (For Women) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Wet Dreams & Fasting In Islam (For Women) (7250 Views)

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station / Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wet Dreams & Fasting In Islam (For Women) by Barkang: 10:00am On Jul 17, 2013
What Is Islamic View On Women Having Wet Dreams?

Salaam Aleikum nd Ramadhan Mubarak! Lately I had a strange experience and to my surprise it happened during Ramadan, so it got me confused if at all my fasting is still valid. This morning after sari, I went back to bed before I could even catch a sleep I noticed I was already wet. Then I just got up and washed myself. But later I started thinking if it could be a wet dream and if my fasting has not been contaminated. Please can anyone put more light on this. Jazakum Lah Hairan!
Re: Wet Dreams & Fasting In Islam (For Women) by spenca: 10:31am On Jul 17, 2013
W'salam sister, i guess you meant washed yourself but to address the issue, your fasting is still valid only if you did not masturbate, as it is stated that Allah is the controller of dreams and no man has control over his dreams ,just like when one swallows something by mistake during fasting be it the person is asleep or not the fast is still valid because it was not intentionally, i hope i helped clarify your doubts? May Allah shower the blessings of ramadan on us. Salam

You can chk this for a better knowledge on it
http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php?page=showfatwa&Option=FatwaId&Id=85151

Allah knows best.
Re: Wet Dreams & Fasting In Islam (For Women) by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 17, 2013
wa aleykum salaam wa rahmatUllah. ramadhana mubarackatu.

there is no blame on you in something that happens unintentionally, involuntarily. what has happened to you falls into this category. you could have been fast asleep even at that. if it was heavy you could have taken a ghusl as you have access to water. lacking access to water, one washes the area and the area of cloth stained, then make tayammam [say you are at the job when it happened]. but since it was not heavy, then washing the area as if you have used the bathroom was adequate. your fast was intact inshaAllah. the condition is the same for male gender, too. islam is easy and the ease is Mercy of God on this nation. Alhamdulillah. Allah Knows Best.
Re: Wet Dreams & Fasting In Islam (For Women) by maclatunji: 11:04am On Jul 17, 2013
If it is a wet dream, it is natural and I am sure the link you were referred to will tell you that it does not break your fast.
Re: Wet Dreams & Fasting In Islam (For Women) by jelel6: 12:43pm On Jul 17, 2013
If a person gets a wet dream after taking sahar in the state of Saum, he should take Ghusl as soon as he wakes up. One's fast does not break by wet dreams. Even if he happens to be in the state of Janaba for some time, there is nothing wrong in it. He should take a Ghusl before offering any Salaah/ Prayer. Narrated Abu Bakr bin Abdur Rahman. My father and I went to Aisha (R.A.) and she said , " I testify that Allah's Messenger at times used to get up in the morning in a state of Janaba from sexual intercourse, not from a wet dream, and then he would fast that day." (Shaih Bukhari, Vol. No. 3, Hadith No. 1931)

1 Like

Re: Wet Dreams & Fasting In Islam (For Women) by Barkang: 5:34pm On Jul 17, 2013
@spenca, yes I mean "I washed myself nd off course is nt self service. Thanks for d response. Tnks everyone!

(1) (Reply)

The Beautiful Islamic Greeting, Assalamu Alaykum Not "Aslm" Or "Salam" ! / 2024 Ramadan Fasting Begins Monday – Sultan / How The Meat Of Udhiyah (sacrifice) Should Be Shared Out ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.