Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,791 members, 7,802,502 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos (36061 Views)

Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. / Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by clefstone(m): 8:44am On Aug 18, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

But fulani is still spoken in northern Nigeria and wherever it isn't spoken there is a good knowledge the language went extinct because of the more popular hausa language. Now,I want you to tell me of any lost dialect in Aboh. By the way we have Aboh village in my town in Idenmili.

Truth is that there was no lost language because there was never a language other than Igbo!
Are we not sayin d same tin? Just as Uthman Dan Fodio's Fulani descendants lost their language because of d popular hausa, so too did Esumai's descendants lose theirs due to the popular Igbo language in d region they settled
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by clefstone(m): 8:51am On Aug 18, 2013
bigfrancis21:

grin grin. He's just jumping from this to that. Look at the bolded below, he doesn't even know what he's saying! Ochi ekwero m! grin grin

The statement bolded above totally renders all his previous statements worthless. His reasoning lacks substance, value, rigidity and logic. From his level of reasoning, he's still a teenager, probably a young adult not more than 25.
Of course u know i meant to use d word 'ancestors'. Have u ever been to Aboh? Do u know whr Aboh is? Have u met an Aboh person before? Are u a historian? On wht basis do u now speak about the origin of Aboh? Congrats for being an 'old man'
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by clefstone(m): 8:55am On Aug 18, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Please, what's the name, tonality and verb form of the so-called original Aboh language? Why don't you have a single Aboh person who speaks the 'original' Aboh language or some form of Edo language? At least, Fulani as a language is still spoken by many Fulanis, in addition to the more pervasive Hausa. Why can't the same be said for Aboh? grin
Just as Esumai's Bini is still spoken by many Binis. No single Nupe or Kwara royalty speak Fulani even though they r of Fulani ancestry
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by Antivirus92(m): 8:55am On Aug 18, 2013
Pazienza,odenigbo,abagworo,bigfrancis, i think u guys have surplus time and decided to waste some of it on this guy. He is bini,period! But aboh is not bini. In my town,there are families that bear aboh as their surname.
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by clefstone(m): 8:58am On Aug 18, 2013
pazienza:

Well, don't speak for Aboh, speak for yourself and your Urhobo family, at least now we are getting the truth small small from you. You claimed you are a descendant of Esumai? i laugh in urhobo.

In nairaland here, we have a proud Aboh and igbi guy,by the name Wesley80, go search for his posts here. And please, don't even speak for Ukwuanu, you can't be more ukwuani than Ali chukwuma, arguably the most popular ukwuani man, and yet,he was a proud Igbo man.

Just speak for yourself and your urhobo family. thank you.
I'm not here to do an 'I am more Aboh than you' contest. Bigger than tht mate
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by clefstone(m): 8:58am On Aug 18, 2013
pazienza:

Well, don't speak for Aboh, speak for yourself and your Urhobo family, at least now we are getting the truth small small from you. You claimed you are a descendant of Esumai? i laugh in urhobo.

In nairaland here, we have a proud Aboh and igbi guy,by the name Wesley80, go search for his posts here. And please, don't even speak for Ukwuanu, you can't be more ukwuani than Ali chukwuma, arguably the most popular ukwuani man, and yet,he was a proud Igbo man.

Just speak for yourself and your urhobo family. thank you.
I'm not here to do an 'I am more Aboh than you' contest. Bigger than tht mate and if i need an Aboh person to talk to i dnt need a nairalander
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by clefstone(m): 9:05am On Aug 18, 2013
pazienza:

Don't give him any inch, he would take a mile before you know it. Esumai was not a bini man, he was a bini resident, he was probably an igbo man. I had given my reasons for thinking so. No one has yet established that esumai was a bini man, until they do that, i would still hold to my conclusion.
Esumai was a Bini resident. How convenient for the people of Aboh to know that they migrated from Benin to Aboh but only forgot the fact tht their founding fathers were only residents of Benin. And along comes Pazienza, 400 yrs after Esumai in a brilliant eureka moment telling us wht we missed. Nyc one but try again, u've not determined d volume of the king's crown yet
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 18, 2013
Okwa Ali Nwa Chukwuma wu onye Aboh?
Why una dey pay dis guy dis kyn attention? Thereby making his drivel relevant!

Some guy comes on the internet, makes a shameful claim and you guys dignify it with a goddamned series of response!
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 18, 2013
I dey even jam my Ali Chukwuma cd on the loudest right now. AMALA ISEKISE
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by pazienza(m): 10:45am On Aug 18, 2013
bigfrancis21:

grin grin. He's just jumping from this to that. Look at the bolded below, he doesn't even know what he's saying! Ochi ekwero m! grin grin

The statement bolded above totally renders all his previous statements worthless. His reasoning lacks substance, value, rigidity and logic. From his level of reasoning, he's still a teenager, probably a young adult not more than 25.

He is an Urhobo raised Aboh man, he was probably raised by an Urhobo woman, had urhobo cousins,and who knows, spent his childhood holidays in Urhoboland. His resentment of Igbo is to be expected. The mistake he is making is that he is projecting his life and story to represent that of all Aboh and by extension, Ukwuani people.

For example, he has maternal relatives in Urhobo, therefore he reasons that he is more related to Urhobos than to Igbos east of the niger, this might be true, but he makes a blunder, when he tries to project this his personal feelings,to represent that of every aboh man and by extension, ukwuani people. Hence, we catch him making 'sweeping' statements, like saying that aboh and ukwuani are related to the igbos, just as they are related to other niger delta tribes like his beloved Urhobo, and their cousins isoko.
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by pazienza(m): 10:56am On Aug 18, 2013
clefstone: Esumai was a Bini resident. How convenient for the people of Aboh to know that they migrated from Benin to Aboh but only forgot the fact tht their founding fathers were only residents of Benin. And along comes Pazienza, 400 yrs after Esumai in a brilliant eureka moment telling us wht we missed. Nyc one but try again, u've not determined d volume of the king's crown yet

History has it that esumai came from bini, it's ignorant and inferiority complex plaqued minds in Aboh and ukwuani,that mis understood that to mean that he is a bini man, mature minds in ukwuani and aboh know better.

Bini are proud people, no bini man,still fresh from bini, and not under an igbo rule,but was a free man, would name his first son Ogwezi, an igbo name, and this Ogwezi of a son, went on to give birth to Aboh( another igbo word) kingdom,and structured the kingdom into umudei( another igbo word) and ndiche(;another igbo word). Even today,bini is but a minority in the nigerian experiment, yet the bini cherishes his bini language and customs, but you and your co travellers want us to believe,that a bini man, in the era of bini dominance and power, dumped his heritage for that of Igbos, if this is not an insult to the bini people,i don't know what else to call it.

2 Likes

Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by pazienza(m): 11:08am On Aug 18, 2013
kwangi: Okwa Ali Nwa Chukwuma wu onye Aboh?
Why una dey pay dis guy dis kyn attention? Thereby making his drivel relevant!

Some guy comes on the internet, makes a shameful claim and you guys dignify it with a goddamned series of response!

Ali Chukwuma was a native of Abbi , he was an Ukwuani man, but not an Aboh man. Abbi was founded by amacha who hailed from Achalla in anambra state, spent some time in Aboh, before founding Abbi.

Even Obiaruku people are mainly from Awkuzu, they equally spent some time in aboh,before founding Obiaruku.

Ukwuani is a perfect fusion of igbo people from east and west,running away from one mis fortune or another, just like my Idemili people. Yea,there are non-igbo elements there,but they are but an insignificant minority,wo were naturally assimiliated over time.
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by pazienza(m): 11:32am On Aug 18, 2013
clefstone: Just as Esumai's Bini is still spoken by many Binis. No single Nupe or Kwara royalty speak Fulani even though they r of Fulani ancestry

Fulani conquered nupe and kwara people, they didn't drive them away, they wanted to rule them,so they had to assimilate,since they are but a minority. Same thing happened in England, where the german rulling family had to change their german name and became English,as they are but minority. History repeats itself.

But in the case of Aboh, Aboh were never conquered by akiri people, rather, they co existed, aboh would later conquer akri people and chase them away across the Niger. how does this Aboh scenario,resemble that of fulani ruling house in kwara and the german ruling house in England?
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by wesley80(m): 12:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
As an Aboh man, I had little choice but to suspend my self imposed Nairaland exile on sighting this thread. Its been a while and I hope you guys can forgive me for not reading the entire thread before posting (maybe I'll do so in a little while). I've noticed loads of falsities in this thread and maybe we'll go into them later.
To the OP, I say; I've fought this battle a dozen times and I tell you, it is ultimately pointless! Aboh's Bini ties and heritage can only be denied but so also is Aboh's 'Igboness'. It is simply too late to be anything else and we've got to learn to live with it. I understand where you're coming from but it would also do you a whole of good to take a look at the full picture. BTW, i'm interested in your definition of an "Igbo"

1 Like

Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by tonychristopher: 1:11pm On Aug 18, 2013
wesley80: As an Aboh man, I had little choice but to suspend my self imposed Nairaland exile on sighting this thread. Its been a while and I hope you guys can forgive me for not reading the entire thread before posting (maybe I'll do so in a little while). I've noticed loads of falsities in this thread and maybe we'll go into them later.
To the OP, I say; I've fought this battle a dozen times and I tell you, it is ultimately pointless! Aboh's Bini ties and heritage can only be denied but so also is Aboh's 'Igboness'. It is simply too late to be anything else and we've got to learn to live with it. I understand where you're coming from but it would also do you a whole of good to take a look at the full picture. BTW, i'm interested in your definition of an "Igbo"

This a man talkng! So let's assume the Benin collonised the aboh! Did they meet chicken to colonise and O P stop deleting my post

Why did the Benin choose igbo name for town and language then abandoning benin

Can you see there is tons of lies somewhere

Benin wanna be

I am from Nnewi but my forefathers migratory trend is from IMO and arondizuogu and ndi ogbuonye oma to be pin point and I speak my anambra well and my native dialect sound like arondizuogu

So can you see the relationship and how to trace descent
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by pazienza(m): 1:18pm On Aug 18, 2013
wesley80: As an Aboh man, I had little choice but to suspend my self imposed Nairaland exile on sighting this thread. Its been a while and I hope you guys can forgive me for not reading the entire thread before posting (maybe I'll do so in a little while). I've noticed loads of falsities in this thread and maybe we'll go into them later.

Welcome back bro, some of us missed your contributions, especially in political section.
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by pazienza(m): 1:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
Chyz is another proud ukwuani and igbo guy i miss his contributions, chyz, if you are reading this,please show your face bro. Come and handle this urhobo guy in your classic aya ekumeku style. *grins*
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
pazienza:

Ali Chukwuma was a native of Abbi , he was an Ukwuani man, but not an Aboh man. Abbi was founded by amacha who hailed from Achalla in anambra state, spent some time in Aboh, before founding Abbi.

Bros na wa o!
Everybody knows Ali Chukwuma is an Aboh man.
Besides, he said it himself!
Actually, that my post you quoted was inspired by a line in one of his songs titled "Ana azor eze azor".
It goes thus "...Ali Nwa Chukwuma bu onye Aboh."
So, I'll rather go with Ali Chukwuma.

Make I no derail una tug...
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 18, 2013
Antivirus92: yes brother, those hypocrites are more dangerous than snake bite. I will rather accomodate a fulani than to accomodate an ikwerre. One thing some people failed to understand is that even though the british created that one igbo consciousness, what unite igbo people is beyond that ethnic consciousness created by the white men.

u try oo.
Cos me no go accomodate any fulani at all. Dis one dem don dey pack dem body with Ak47, poisons, arrow....etc
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by pazienza(m): 5:45pm On Aug 18, 2013
kwangi: Bros na wa o!
Everybody knows Ali Chukwuma is an Aboh man.
Besides, he said it himself!
Actually, that my post you quoted was inspired by a line in one of his songs titled "Ana azor eze azor".
It goes thus "...Ali Nwa Chukwuma bu onye Aboh."
So, I'll rather go with Ali Chukwuma.

Make I no derail una tug...

Actually, you are right. I think i got confused by that his comfort song. Ali chukwuma was an aboh man, wow! that even solidifies my arguement that clef is on his own. Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by Pharoh: 3:08am On Aug 19, 2013
Hmm the music never seems to stop but one side will surely prevail at the end of the day.
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by clefstone(m): 7:21am On Aug 19, 2013
The definition of Igbo is a loose one and has been evolving since colonial times. Not minding our origin, Abohs could easily hv been part of the Igbo identity but for the events of the 60s. Nothing has united and defined the Igbos more than the civil war and once the Abohs were neutral/anti-seccession, it became difficult to identify wit the evolving Igbo identity. Today, you, Mr Wesley cannot reason lyk an Igbo man. That war made them into sometin we r not. By d way i wud lyk to know ur 'afa kene' so i can greet u as an Aboh man
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by Pharoh: 10:33am On Aug 19, 2013
clefstone: The definition of Igbo is a loose one and has been evolving since colonial times. Not minding our origin, Abohs could easily hv been part of the Igbo identity but for the events of the 60s. Nothing has united and defined the Igbos more than the civil war and once the Abohs were neutral/anti-seccession, it became difficult to identify wit the evolving Igbo identity. Today, you, Mr Wesley cannot reason lyk an Igbo man. That war made them into sometin we r not. By d way i wud lyk to know ur 'afa kene' so i can greet u as an Aboh man

Very good reply as you pointed to one of the reasons some Aniomas do not want to be in the same union with them. The basis of being in a union goes beyond speaking a related language or having similarities in culture. Canada and USA both speak the English language but they did not form the same country, they can only tilt towards a form of union based on concrete things that goes beyond language. People should take a look at other unions in the world to see what really lies at the foundation but the people of south eastern region just do not want to understand these important issues.

There are other things like ideology, aspirations, common self determination goal, development focus, basis of identity and value system, etc that are important in forming a union or identifying yourself with other groups of people in a common name. To them it is because the civil war was lost, need to be on the defeating side and means of integrating into the new Nigeria ( post civil war) that was biased towards the eastern region and Igbo people in general. Please wake up, it might look that way to you but when you come down of your high horse to ask the core reasons the Aniomas wants to be alone then you will get the concrete answers.

Let me stop here by asking again that, leaving politics aside ( You guys are not even competent self ) please can you guys tell us the basis in which Aniomas should be in the same union with you guys or the basis that will make the union work as one effective unit?. Why is it compulsory to be under the igbo identity and not Anioma identity?, Norwegians and danish people speak almost the same language but have their own different countries with excellent cooperation under the Nordic union. The same can be for Anioma and Biafra so that they can both develop in a union made up of different units instead of forming one big identity that will be difficult to move forward.

N:B You can replace aboh with anioma in my write up
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by oturugo(m): 11:48am On Aug 19, 2013
Pharoh:

Very good reply as you pointed to one of the reasons some Aniomas do not want to be in the same union with them. The basis of being in a union goes beyond speaking a related language or having similarities in culture. Canada and USA both speak the English language but they did not form the same country, they can only tilt towards a form of union based on concrete things that goes beyond language. People should take a look at other unions in the world to see what really lies at the foundation but the people of south eastern region just do not want to understand these important issues.

There are other things like ideology, aspirations, common self determination goal, development focus, basis of identity and value system, etc that are important in forming a union or identifying yourself with other groups of people in a common name. To them it is because the civil war was lost, need to be on the defeating side and means of integrating into the new Nigeria ( post civil war) that was biased towards the eastern region and Igbo people in general. Please wake up, it might look that way to you but when you come down of your high horse to ask the core reasons the Aniomas wants to be alone then you will get the concrete answers.

Let me stop here by asking again that, leaving politics aside ( You guys are not even competent self ) please can you guys tell us the basis in which Aniomas should be in the same union with you guys or the basis that will make the union work as one effective unit?. Why is it compulsory to be under the igbo identity and not Anioma identity?, Norwegians and danish people speak almost the same language but have their own different countries with excellent cooperation under the Nordic union. The same can be for Anioma and Biafra so that they can both develop in a union made up of different units instead of forming one big identity that will be difficult to move forward.

what a load of rubbish above. How can an Aboh trade be replaced by Anioma. You guys are the problem as some of you have rejected Igbo identity, Anioma identity while some from Aboh have also rejected ukwuani identity. Wesle80 have asked you and your friend a question and you have not defined that igboness to him.
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by oturugo(m): 11:49am On Aug 19, 2013
CLEFSTONE, answer this question and stop running round in circles.
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by clefstone(m): 11:51am On Aug 19, 2013
Pharoh:

And a question for my broda, Mr Wesley, assuming an Aboh man becomes president tomorrow, do u think tht the Igbos will see him as an true Igbo president? note tht GEJ's name is Ebele nd more recently Azikiwe, does tht make him an Igbo president? I am a realist to the core and wud neva be heard supporting a union based on psychophancy, one tht wud definitely end in betrayal.
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by Pharoh: 12:33pm On Aug 19, 2013
oturugo:
what a load of rubbish above. How can an Aboh trade be replaced by Anioma. You guys are the problem as some of you have rejected Igbo identity, Anioma identity while some from Aboh have also rejected ukwuani identity. Wesle80 have asked you and your friend a question and you have not defined that igboness to him.

This is one of the reasons we do not want to be yoked with you, instead of you to discuss like an adult in relation to what you have above. Rejecting the anioma, ukwuani or ndokwa identity is not the issue for us because at the end of the day the binding force is not really about the above classification but part of my earlier write up. You did not get it the same way you still cannot understand why we are moving away from the igbo identity.
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by oturugo(m): 12:59pm On Aug 19, 2013
Pharoh:

This is one of the reasons we do not want to be yoked with you, instead of you to discuss like an adult in relation to what you have above. Rejecting the anioma, ukwuani or ndokwa identity is not the issue for us because at the end of the day the binding force is not really about the above classification but part of my earlier write up. You did not get it the same way you still cannot understand why we are moving away from the igbo identity.
Dont be silly boy, who cares if you move away from Igbo identity?. Does it affect me in anyway?. You are the one it affects because you are not sure if you are ukwuani, abor or Igbo. You are the one suffering from this crisis.
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by oturugo(m): 1:05pm On Aug 19, 2013
clefstone: And a question for my broda, Mr Wesley, assuming an Aboh man becomes president tomorrow, do u think tht the Igbos will see him as an true Igbo president? note tht GEJ's name is Ebele nd more recently Azikiwe, does tht make him an Igbo president? I am a realist to the core and wud neva be heard supporting a union based on psychophancy, one tht wud definitely end in betrayal.
YOU ARE POSING AN IDIOTIC QUESTION TO HIM. GEJ is an Ijaw man and Ijaws have never been classified as Igbo neither do they speak Igbo. Ebele in Jonathan's name came about as a result of his Enugu birth place. A friend of mine is called Tunde because he was born in Lagos yet he is Igbo. His Azikiwe name is just like in the U.S where people name their kids after Lincoln.
Answer his question and stop hiding under so much crap.
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by clefstone(m): 1:21pm On Aug 19, 2013
oturugo:
CLEFSTONE, answer this question and stop running round in circles.
I hv answered the questn but it seem obvious you can't read between lines.
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by clefstone(m): 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2013
Pharoh:

thanks, esp for the first sentence above. I hv been tempted to use that same line for that Igbo man but i've bin restraining myself. And i askd myself, y is he so sensitive, i realised d answer but yet again restrained myself until Wesley, a supposed Aboh man cowed. I was forced to speak out and blame the rush of blood to his head on the war, yes its the war my broda, its effect defines them today. Oturugo is IGBO
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by oturugo(m): 1:29pm On Aug 19, 2013
clefstone: I hv answered the questn but it seem obvious you can't read between lines.
Wes80 asked you to define Igboness for him and you ignorantly used the Biafran war to define Igboness. Na wa for you ooh.
Grow some brains biko.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Olubadan Of Ibadan Shows Off Swag In Canada With His Two Wives / Col. Stephen Honest Is Dead! Bachama Kingdom Monarch Dies (photo) / Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.