Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

How To Solve ASUU Problem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Solve ASUU Problem (709 Views)

BUHARI GOVT: Eyeing Lagos Template To Solve Power Crisis. / Vote Out Parasites From Government-ASUU / Breaking News - ASUU Finally Calls Off Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Solve ASUU Problem by Nathaniel734: 12:51pm On Jul 17, 2013
No doubt ASUU strike has caused a lot of unforseen stagnation in academic life of some Nigerian youths. Although they havnt really stated what their grievances are in clear terms, all they keep sayng is 2009 Agreemnet implementation and all that, what really is in the 2009 Agreement, are the feasible and attainable?

Well to me, i think both parties, the FG and ASUU really need to sit and properly look at bottlenecks in the agreement, and probably make amends in order to end this strike because as it stands now, the future of our youths is being mortgage as it stands, its so painful and disheartening.

Letz proffer solutions on the way forward here...
Re: How To Solve ASUU Problem by otokx(m): 1:08pm On Jul 17, 2013
Govt should be sincere, university authorities should stop over admitting. A class should have maximum of 50 students not 400 as we see in some cases today.
Re: How To Solve ASUU Problem by Camilia247: 1:41pm On Jul 17, 2013
The should just grant Universities autonomy, so that all this issues of funding will end
Re: How To Solve ASUU Problem by Nathaniel734: 1:45pm On Jul 17, 2013
otokx: Govt should be sincere, university authorities should stop over admitting. A class should have maximum of 50 students not 400 as we see in some cases today.

But following the increasing number of students gaining admission every yr, will it be possible to have 50 in a class, i think the just need to provide more structures to accomodate this students , although they shouldnt be upto 400 like you said... ASUU need to be sensitive in their demands too
Re: How To Solve ASUU Problem by Nathaniel734: 1:48pm On Jul 17, 2013
Camilia247: The should just grant Universities autonomy, so that all this issues of funding will end

You see this is one of the problems, how can ASUU be seeking for autonomy and still be crying for funding, in as much as education is one very critical sector of the economy, that doesnt mean all funds should be directed there, i believe autonomy won't be a bad idea.
Re: How To Solve ASUU Problem by otokx(m): 3:13pm On Jul 17, 2013
Nathaniel734:

But following the increasing number of students gaining admission every yr, will it be possible to have 50 in a class, i think the just need to provide more structures to accomodate this students , although they shouldnt be upto 400 like you said... ASUU need to be sensitive in their demands too

Govt has refused to provide the infrastructures so intake has to be pruned down. ASUU is being very sensitive in their demands. Out of 9 demands govt has only been able to do 2 in 4 years.

(1) (Reply)

Naija History / Teaming-up To Chat A New Course For Nigeria Politics Under APC Platform / What Is Sambo Upto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.