Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,481 members, 7,770,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:43 AM

Lies Told By 'Jesus' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lies Told By 'Jesus' (4778 Views)

Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus / 6 Laws Broken By Jesus Christ In The Bible / The Many Lies Told By Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Rossikk(m): 2:55pm On Jul 17, 2013
The entire New Testament is filled with falsehoods and false predictions. Apart from there being no evidence for his existence, many recorded quotes of the Jesus character contain clear falsehoods.

Jesus Lied

(culled)

Jesus Lied About Prayer

Jesus is quoted many times in the Bible saying that a believer can ask for anything through prayer and receive it. He even goes so far as to say that mountains and trees can be thrown into the sea simply by praying for it. This is clearly a lie, and can be proven to be a lie by any believer. Simply pray for me to be converted to Christianity right away. Or better yet ask God to move the mountains behind my house....

Here are the quotes from Jesus that prove that he lied:

1) And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen. "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:21-22 NAS)

2) Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Matthew 7:7-8 NAB)

3) Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20 NAS)

4) Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25 NAB)

5) And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Luke 11:9-13 NAB)

6) And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14 NAB)

7) If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you. (John 15:7 NAB)

8/ It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you. (John 15:16 NAB)

9) On that day you will not question me about anything. Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you. Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete. (John 16:23-24 NAB)

A lot of Christians ignore what Jesus actually says in the Bible. They also tend to add things to the actual words to make them say something else. If you honestly and truthfully read these quotes, without adding to them, it is very easy to see that Jesus is not saying that God will think about your prayers. He says God will grant all your prayers. Clearly, God doesn’t grant all prayers and this proves that Jesus was a habitual liar.

According to the Bible the “End Times” Should Have ALREADY Occurred!

Jesus and his apostles made MANY prophecies concerning the Armageddon. Christians would have you believe that it shall come as “a thief in the night”. Yet, the Bible is rather clear concerning when it would happen. Matter of fact, the Bible consistently said it would follow soon after Jesus’ death. When you point out such verses to Christians they will try to weasel it out of it by saying Christ was talking about his “future” apostles versus the ones he was directly speaking to. All it takes is a close examination of the pronouns used in order to see that Christ truly did believe the end times would have happened nearly 2,000 years ago. Keep in mind that the Bible claims it is “fit for reproof’ and Christianity “lives and dies on the resurrection and end times”. If we are to believe these verses and accept that the end time prophecies failed then surely the whole book is invalid.

False Prophecies About the Armageddon:

Jesus’ Predictions:

1) Jesus falsely prophesies DIRECTLY to the high priest (Caiphas) that he would live to see his second coming. Jesus uses the term “coming on the clouds of heaven”. This clearly negates the “coming” as the resurrection but as a return to the earth on CLOUDS, not his return in human form from the dead. Matthew 26:64 & Mark 14:62.

"But I tell you: From now on you will see 'the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power' and 'coming on the clouds of heaven.'" (Matthew 26:64 NAB)

Then Jesus answered, "I am; and 'you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power and coming with the clouds of heaven.'" (Mark 14:62 NAB)
2) Jesus mistakenly tells his followers that he will return and establish his kingdom within their lifetime. Matthew 23:36 & 24:34

Amen, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. (Matthew 23:36 NAB)

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming upon the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send out his angels with a trumpet blast, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. "Learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branch becomes tender and sprouts leaves, you know that summer is near. In the same way, when you see all these things, know that he is near, at the gates. Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. (Matthew 24:29-35 NAB)

3) YET AGAIN, Jesus claims those standing RIGHT BEFORE HIM shall see the Armageddon. Matthew 16:28 “There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.” Don’t let Christians lie to you and claim Jesus was referring to his modern day believers. The words “some standing HERE will not taste death” clearly refutes such nonsense. Obviously the people he was speaking to died, and curiously Jesus STILL isn’t here to claim his kingdom.

4) Jesus falsely prophesies that the end of the world will come within his listeners’ lifetimes.

Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. (Mark 13:30-31 NAB)
He also said to them, "Amen, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see that the kingdom of God has come in power." (Mark 9:1 NAB)

5) Jesus falsely predicts that some of his listeners would live to see him return and establish the kingdom of God.

"Truly I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God." (Luke 9:27 NAB)

6) Jesus implies that he will return to earth during the lifetime of John. (John 21:22)

7) Jesus says that all that he describes (his return, signs in the sun, moon, wars, stars, etc.) will occur within the lifetime of his listeners. He purposely defines their generation and NOT a future one. Considering that NONE of those signs took place during the resurrection and that he uses the term of “Heaven and earth shall pass away”, Clearly Jesus is prophesizing that nearly 2,000 years ago Armageddon SHOULD have occurred. Luke 21:25-33

"There will be signs in the sun, the moon, and the stars, and on earth nations will be in dismay, perplexed by the roaring of the sea and the waves. People will die of fright in anticipation of what is coming upon the world, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. But when these signs begin to happen, stand erect and raise your heads because your redemption is at hand." He taught them a lesson. "Consider the fig tree and all the other trees. When their buds burst open, you see for yourselves and know that summer is now near; in the same way, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near. Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. (Luke 21:25-33 NAB)

[Editor's note: Matthew 10:23 also has Jesus telling his disciples that the second coming will occur before the disciples finish preaching in Israel: "When they persecute you in one town, flee to another. Amen, I say to you, you will not finish the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes." (Matthew 10:23 NAB)]

John’s Predictions

8/ John believes “the time is at hand,” and that the things that he writes about in Revelation will “shortly come to pass.” Revelations 1:1-3

9) John quotes Jesus (1900 years ago) as saying he will come “quickly.” Revelations 22:7, 12 & 20

10) John thinks he is living in “the last times.” He “knows” this because he sees so many antichrists around. 1 John 2:18

11) John says that the antichrist was already present at the time 1 John was written. 1 John 4:3

12) John quotes Jesus (1900 years ago) as saying he will come “quickly.” Revelations 3:11, 22:7, 12 & 20

Paul’s Predictions

13) Paul thought that the end was near and that Jesus would return soon after he wrote these words. Philippians 4:5

14) Paul believes he is living in the “last days.” Hebrews 1:2

15) Paul believed that Jesus would come “in a little while, and will not tarry.” Hebrews 10:37

16) In 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 Paul stated: “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: And the dead Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: And so shall we ever be with the Lord.” Paul shared the delusion, taught by Jesus, in that he expected to be snatched up bodily into heaven with other saints then living, who would, thus, never taste death. The use of “we” clearly proves as much. It is difficult to deny that Paul was certain that the end of the world was coming in the lifetime of his contemporaries.

Other Prophecies About Armageddon:

17) James thought that Jesus would return soon. James 5:8

18) Peter wrongly believed that he was living in the “last times” and that “the end of all things is at hand.” 1 Peter 1:20 & 4:7

http://www.evilbible.com/Jesus_Lied.htm
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 17, 2013
God save your soul.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 17, 2013
U r jobless

1 Like

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by bolaino(m): 3:03pm On Jul 17, 2013
grin so u've found my favorite website, another good website is skepticsannotatedbible.com

1 Like

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Rossikk(m): 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2013
lucenzo: God save your soul.

God doesn't need YOU to tell him what to do.
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Nomski0(f): 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2013
You are simply trying to explain what is far bigger than you hence making a total mockery of yourself.

It was in this same bible that God said 'My ways are not your ways.' in order words: 'I'm mysterious- live with it.' Stop trying to analyze God's words like its your philosophy textbook, and stop with blasphemy before it cuts your life short.

6 Likes

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Rossikk(m): 3:12pm On Jul 17, 2013
Nomski0: You are simply trying to explain what is far bigger than you hence making a total mockery of yourself.

It was in this same bible that God said 'My ways are not your ways.'

Which ''God'' SAID WHAT in which 'bible'?

Olodo. This is how foreigners came in and handed you some STUPI.D little book and next thing, like a cursed dunce, you believe God himself wrote it! Meanwhile, they seized your land and resources (no doubt on ''God's'' instructions). MUGU.

Look at your mouth like ''God said in the bible''. Colonised goat!

in order words: 'I'm mysterious- live with it.' Stop trying to analyze God's words like its your philosophy textbook

It came with the bible didn't it? ''Don't question. Don't use your brain! Because we know if you do, you will see we are frauds and liars!!''

and stop with blasphemy before it cuts your life short.

Typical colonialist threat. ''Don't question our fabrications or you will roast in hell forever, courtesy of our loving God!'' DUMMY.

10 Likes

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Nomski0(f): 3:18pm On Jul 17, 2013
Rossikk:

Which ''God'' SAID what in which 'bible'?

Olodo. This is how foreigners come in and handed you some STUPI.D little book and next thing, like a cursed dunce, you believe God himself wrote it! MUGU.

Look at your mouth like ''God said in the bible''. Colonised goat!

It came with the bible didn't it? ''Don't question. Don't use your brain! Because we knaow if you do, you will see we are frauds and liars!!''

Typical colonialist threat. ''Don't question our fabrications or you will roast in hell forever, courtesy of our loving God!'' DUMMY.
Words of a bitter soul who's prayers might have never been answered.
May your bitterness depart from you.

You can insult all you want.....bottom line is that you should stop calling Jesus a lier.

Btw, have you ever wondered about the original bible? Maybe you should consult it before making these stupid allegations.

P.s GET A LIFE
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Rossikk(m): 3:19pm On Jul 17, 2013
In This Sign You Will Conquer

In hoc signo vinces

In hoc signo vinces (Latin pronunciation: [ɪn hoːk ˈsɪŋnoː ˈwɪnkeːs]) is a Latin rendering of the Greek phrase "ἐν τούτῳ νίκα" en touto nika, (Ancient Greek: [en tǒːtɔːi̯ níkaː]) and means "in this sign you will conquer".
According to legend, Constantine I adopted this Greek phrase, "ἐν τούτῳ νίκα" (in this, win) as a motto after his vision of a chi rho in the sky just before the Battle of Milvian Bridge against Maxentius on 28 October 312. The early Christian symbol consists of a monogram composed of the Greek letters chi (X) and rho (P), the first two letters in the name Christ (Greek: Χριστός). In later periods, the christogram "IHS" both stood for the first three letters of "Jesus" in majuscule Greek lettering (ΙΗΣΟΥΣ) and "in hoc signo" from the legend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_hoc_signo_vinces

As you can see, the Cross was A Tool Of Conquest.
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by ifekemmy(f): 3:20pm On Jul 17, 2013
@ OP, may God forgive u because u dnt know wat u re saying. Pple make jest of Noah in d old testament, wen he told dem to enter d ark, dey all said Noah is lying until d flood came. Dis is wat is happening to u now. Give ur life to christ n it shall be well with ur soul n dat of ur household.
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Rossikk(m): 3:24pm On Jul 17, 2013
ifekemmy: @ OP, may God forgive u because u dnt know wat u re saying. Pple make jest of Noah in d old testament, wen he told dem to enter d ark, dey all said Noah is lying until d flood came. Dis is wat is happening to u now. Give ur life to christ n it shall be well with ur soul n dat of ur household.

So you actually believe a guy named Noah built an 'ark' and filled it with all the earth's thousands of varieties of animals, insects, birds, including species that only exist thousands of miles away from the Middle East (polar bears, orang outans, kangaroos etc..), locked them all up in the ship and sailed free while the entire world perished?

Tell me something. What exactly does that brain you claim to have do for you? Can't you see they've turned you into an absolute dunce by believing/propagating such fables?

6 Likes

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 17, 2013
shocked shocked shocked BLASPHEMY y av u decided to allow d devil rule ur life.. Pls stop what u r doing and beg God 4 forgiveness.. REPENT DUDE REPENT.. I pray d holy spirit takes over ur soul
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Rossikk(m): 3:29pm On Jul 17, 2013
^^^^ Take a hike, you Low IQ moro.n.

6 Likes

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2013
Rossikk:

God doesn't need YOU to tell him what to do.

Apparently, he does. He's a needy, lazy, jealous one, that god.

4 Likes

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Rossikk(m): 3:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Apparently, he does. He's a needy, lazy, jealous one, that god.

Good point. Their bible ''God'' always needs something from humans - blood, worship, virgins, more blood, more children to kill etc etc.

Yet he's perfectly happy letting his 'number one enemy' patrol the universe free and undisturbed, sabotaging his creation left, right and center!

In Revelation, we see ''God'' promising ''Satan'': ''Don't worry. I will deal with you in one thousand years time!''

What an idi.ot of a 'God'.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:38pm On Jul 17, 2013
Nomski0:
Words of a bitter soul who's prayers might have never been answered.
May your bitterness depart from you.

You can insult all you want.....bottom line is that you should stop calling Jesus a lier.

Btw, have you ever wondered about the original bible? Maybe you should consult it before making these stupid allegations.

P.s GET A LIFE

But Jesus was a liar amongst other things. What's wrong with calling a liar a liar?

He was also violent and loves alcohol a lot. He was a pauper that used stones as pillows. He was killed like a common thief.

1 Like

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2013
ifekemmy: @ OP, may God forgive u because u dnt know wat u re saying. Pple make jest of Noah in d old testament, wen he told dem to enter d ark, dey all said Noah is lying until d flood came. Dis is wat is happening to u now. Give ur life to christ n it shall be well with ur soul n dat of ur household.

Another one who never read her bible but swallows fraudsters' words hook, line and sinker.

1 Like

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Nomski0(f): 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

But Jesus was a liar amongst other things. What's wrong with calling a liar a liar?

He was also violent and loves alcohol a lot. He was a pauper that used stones as pillows. He was killed like a common thief.

My dear, as much as i'd love to help you i cant, its obvious you dont want to be helped.

Fear not, i'll keep praying for you.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:23pm On Jul 17, 2013
Nomski0:

My dear, as much as i'd love to help you i cant, its obvious you dont want to be helped.

Fear not, i'll keep praying for you.

You mean you'll keep murmuring to yourself?

4 Likes

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by tuagbo: 4:58pm On Jul 17, 2013
"Lies Told By Jesus?" Jesus never told lies because he NEVER EXISTED.He and his disciples are MYTHS.Jesus was created from figure-heads of earlier religious movements like "Zeus" "krishna" & "Adonis."Even Jesus so-called "miracles" are also in tune/related to the "miracles" claimed to have been carried out by "Zeus" & friends.All religions are BALDERDASH

2 Likes

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:00pm On Jul 17, 2013
Adding :

In Luke 23:43 Jesus said to the thief on the cross, "Today shalt thou be with me in paradise." This obviously has to be false, for Jesus was supposed to lay dead in the tomb for three days following his crucifixion.

1 Like

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by ooman(m): 5:05pm On Jul 17, 2013
And Jesus said the holy spirit could not come except he left..John 16v7.. but the holy spirit was already present even before jesus was born..Luke 1v41

1 Like

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 17, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Adding :

In Luke 23:43 Jesus said to the thief on the cross, "Today shalt thou be with me in paradise." This obviously has to be false, for Jesus was supposed to lay dead in the tomb for three days following his crucifixion.

Guy. How u take see that thing? Never gave much thought to that part of the scriptures.
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Nobody: 3:09am On Jul 18, 2013
The world is coming to an end for real,as some antichrist on nairaland are devising means to devour unsuspecting prey.In timothy 1:10-11 (ESV)-For there are many who are insubordinate,empty talkers and deceivers,especially those who of the circumcision party.They must be silenced,since they are upsetting whole families by teaching for shameful gain what they ought not to teach. This passage is referring to the likes of alfa seltzer,rossikk and co. Matthew 24:36(ESV)-But concerning that day and hour no one knows,not even the angels of heaven,nor the son,but the father only.This clearly shows that no one knows the end time. 2 Timothy 3:1-5 clearly warns us to avoid people like Rossikk,alfa seltzer,tuagbo,folykaze and ooman.

3 Likes

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Nobody: 3:20am On Jul 18, 2013
1Timothy3:1-5(ESV)- He is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing.He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words,which produce envy,dissension,slander,evil suspicions,the bible here is talking about people like rossikk,alfa seltzer,tuagbo,folykaze and ooman. Colossians 2:8(ESV)- See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit,according to human tradition,according to the elemental spirit of the world,and not according to christ. We all know who this passage is talking about....Rossikk and Alfa seltzer,who are trying to use philosophy and logic to explain things beyond human comprehension.

1 Like

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Nobody: 3:47am On Jul 18, 2013
Apostle paul warns us against wolves like Rossikk,Alfa seltzer,Tuagbo,Folykaze,Ooman and the rest that havent shown up in Romans 16:17-20 Now I urge you,brethren,keep your eye on those who cause dissensions and hindrances contrary to the teaching which you learned,and turn away from them.For such men are SLAVES,not of our Lord Christ but of their own appetites;and by their smooth and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting.For the report of your obedience has reached to all;therefore I am rejoicing over you,but I want you to be wise in what is good,and innocent in what is evil.And the God of peace will soon crush satan under your feet.The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Nobody: 4:02am On Jul 18, 2013
Even from the beginning of your write up @Rossikk, its clear who the liar is here.How can you say that the entire new testament is full of falsehoods.I was expecting you to qoute every single verse in the new testament and show us the falsehood in everything as stated from the start.When were you born @Rossikk and Alfa Seltzer?Before your forefathers were born,the Bible had been ordained through he Holy Men of God inspired by the God Himself.Who are you to say such things against what you know little to nothing about.People who think they are wise are pests to those who truly are.I can see lucifer speaker through you,God is calling you today to abandon those stupid philosophies of yours and give your life to Christ.THERE IS NO REPENTANCE IN THE GRAVE.

4 Likes

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by plaetton: 5:31am On Jul 18, 2013
^^^^^
Threats, threats and more threats!
Is there anything else that your religion offers humanity other than threats of eternal hell fire?

Please take time to really study your religion. You would soon realize that even hell fire does not make any sense.

5 Likes

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Joagbaje(m): 7:55am On Jul 18, 2013
Rossikk: The entire New Testament is filled with falsehoods and false predictions. Apart from there being no evidence for his existence, many recorded quotes of the Jesus character contain clear falsehoods.

Jesus Lied

(culled)

Jesus Lied About Prayer

Jesus is quoted many times in the Bible saying that a believer can ask for anything through prayer and receive it. He even goes so far as to say that mountains and trees can be thrown into the sea simply by praying for it. This is clearly a lie, and can be proven to be a lie by any believer. Simply pray for me to be converted to Christianity right away. Or better yet ask God to move the mountains behind my house. He could make a lot of converts that way. If I’m converted today, I’ll post a public apology on my web site and devote my life to kissing God’s ass. If I’m not converted it would only be fair for you to apologize and devote your life to kissing my butt.

Here are the quotes from Jesus that proves that he lied:

Jesus never lied. You just don't understand the bible that's all . There are balances in the scriptures and there are CONDITIONS attached to promises. Lets help you here a little. Even though you may not understand full . Because you can understand spiritual things mentally as a non christian .

1 Corinthians 2:14
For the natural man is not able to take in the things of the Spirit of God: for they seem foolish to him, and he is not able to have knowledge of them, because such knowledge comes only through the Spirit.

1) And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith [/b]and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen. "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:21-22 NAS)

If you observe the highlighted part. The CONDITION There is faith and believing. And such responsibility is not on Gods side , it's on the believer side. Faith must be absolute without doubt.

All things are possible when you have faith without doubt. Peter had FAITH and walked on the water but when DOUBT came the miracle fail ,he sank even right in the presence of Jesus .

Matthew 14:31
. . . . Immediately Jesus reached out His hand, caught hold of him, and said to him, “You of little faith, why did you doubt?”

2) Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Matthew 7:7-8 NAB)

This is also based on condition . So get the balance.

Firstly it must be asked in faith : I just explained that

Secondly it must be according to Gods will: whatever you desire must not be contrary to Gods purpose.

1 John 5:14
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

And thirdly it must be with a right motive .. You can ask and not receive if its not based on love or right motive.

[color=#90000]James 4:3
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
[/color]

This is how far I can go for now, I hope this will be of help to you . I pray that God will visit you and grant you understanding .

8 Likes

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Areaboy2(m): 8:08am On Jul 18, 2013
Nomski0: You are simply trying to explain what is far bigger than you hence making a total mockery of yourself.

It was in this same bible that God said 'My ways are not your ways.' in order words: 'I'm mysterious- live with it.' Stop trying to analyze God's words like its your philosophy textbook, and stop with blasphemy before it cuts your life short.

it is very sad that at this age and time, you still think like this undecided

4 Likes

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:27am On Jul 18, 2013
Joagbaje:

Jesus never lied. You just don't understand the bible that's all . There are balances in the scriptures and there are CONDITIONS attached to promises. Lets help you here a little. Even though you may not understand full . Because you can understand spiritual things mentally as a non christian .

1 Corinthians 2:14
For the natural man is not able to take in the things of the Spirit of God: for they seem foolish to him, and he is not able to have knowledge of them, because such knowledge comes only through the Spirit.

If you observe the highlighted part. The CONDITION There is faith and believing. And such responsibility is not on Gods side , it's on the believer side. Faith must be absolute without doubt.

All things are possible when you have faith without doubt. Peter had FAITH and walked on the water but when DOUBT came the miracle fail ,he sank even right in the presence of Jesus .

Matthew 14:31
. . . . Immediately Jesus reached out His hand, caught hold of him, and said to him, “You of little faith, why did you doubt?”

This is also based on condition . So get the balance.

Firstly it must be asked in faith : I just explained that

Secondly it must be according to Gods will: whatever you desire must not be contrary to Gods purpose.

1 John 5:14
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

And thirdly it must be with a right motive .. You can ask and not receive if its not based on love or right motive.

[color=#90000]James 4:3
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
[/color]

This is how far I can go for now, I hope this will be of help to you . I pray that God will visit you and grant you understanding .

Sounds like your god knows exactly what to do and how to do it but is just waiting for me to remind him to do it. In accordance with his will of course. Reminds me of one of my employees.

1 Like

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by HezronLorraine(m): 12:26pm On Jul 18, 2013
Talk is cheap,conviction of the mind plus agreement of the spirit is hard.
I choose to accept what I believe and disregard what I don't believe.

This is the Nigeria I want though,a place where religion has no bound on anyone,where atheists and christians live freely,muslims and pagans communicate freely without one oppressing the other.

Everyone is entitled to their believes and anyone has the right to uphold their faiths.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sister Linda: The Woman Who Went To Hell And Came Back.....tells Her Story / How Do You Reply To The "Did You Pray For Me" Question / Are You Truly Serving God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.