Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Lies Told By 'Jesus' - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lies Told By 'Jesus' (4796 Views)

Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus / 6 Laws Broken By Jesus Christ In The Bible / The Many Lies Told By Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by noblefada: 9:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
ROSSIKE:

There is no evidence Jesus ever existed. I was merely referring to the Jesus 'character' invented by the Europeans. This character makes all sorts of wild promises which are patently false. See start of thread.

I have done my research. It is you who has done no research.

Assume for instance that some people 'predicted' Jesus' arrival. How is that in itself proof that he did arrive?

Were you there when Emperor Constantine and his henchmen were busy determining the contents of the bible at the Council of Nicaea? What stopped Constantine from ordering the inclusion of a 'prediction' of a 'messiah' on page 2 of the bible?

I mean, how can you just look at a book , and say when this or that 'prediction' was made? Isn't it just a BLOODY DAMN BOOK? What stopped ANYONE from ADDING some stupid claim in Isaiah or whatever to further their agenda, and WHY are YOU so accepting and believing?

It's like you're a circus puppet. They push you here you go. They push you there, you go. They tell you to jump you jump. They tell you to sing you sing. Tell you to dance you dance. Anything they write you believe. No matter how outlandish.

They even tell you outrightly in their book not to think or use your senses, and you obey.

Where is your independence as a soul? I think people like you are a let-down. The Creator did not make you to be gullible and unquestioning. You are meant to use your intelligence to question and inquire into the truth of existence, not be some Jew's or some Roman's thoughtless circus puppet.

Using legitimate place names as props for a fictional tale is a very old literary technique. Sure, places like Bethlehem existed. Doesn't mean any 'saviour' named Jesus was born there.

Keep deluding yourself.
Ur very funny, bin laughing reading ur post. I use to think its only the Muslims that shy away from issues when confronted with facts. Ok lets me ask u again, as u said Constantinople collected the bible and u know the bible was written by several authors, at different times and were individual books, so what is the probability that Constantinople who was not a full xtian could put this different books together into one book and they will all affirm the same thing and confirm one another, and while u're at it remember there were no media, internet or pair review opportunities in those times. Let know us no the answer when u're thru.
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 23, 2013
grin grin grin grin

My section, my people!
I love all of una o! grin grin
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 25, 2013
noblefada:
Ur very funny, bin laughing reading ur post. I use to think its only the Muslims that shy away from issues when confronted with facts. Ok lets me ask u again, as u said Constantinople collected the bible and u know the bible was written by several authors, at different times and were individual books, so what is the probability that Constantinople who was not a full xtian could put this different books together into one book and they will all affirm the same thing and confirm one another, and while u're at it remember there were no media, internet or pair review opportunities in those times. Let know us no the answer when u're thru.

Firstly, the name is Constantine not Constantinople.

In fact, the fact that you don't even know the name of the person who directed the contents of the bible is enough to show that you're completely CLUELESS, and have done zero research into the stuff you worship - a near unforgivable crime in my book.

As for the rest of the stuff you typed, if you think the various books of the bible all 'confirm' one another, that's just another proof of your absolute cluelessness with regard to a book that is known to contain literally THOUSANDS of contradictions and discrepancies.

1 Like

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by dareabiola98(m): 5:31pm On Jul 25, 2013
You Claim that Muslim shy away...I'm a muslim and I'm imlporing u to pls give me a call...08139001254 I'd like 2 hear what u have 2 say..u can flash..I'll call back
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by achovirux(m): 10:12pm On Jul 25, 2013
Rossikk:

So you actually believe a guy named Noah built an 'ark' and filled it with all the earth's thousands of varieties of animals, insects, birds, including species that only exist thousands of miles away from the Middle East (polar bears, orang outans, kangaroos etc..), locked them all up in the ship and sailed free while the entire world perished?

Tell me something. What exactly does that brain you claim to have do for you? Can't you see they've turned you into an absolute dunce by believing/propagating such fables?

Bros pls tell me which religion that does not lie or what what you think I should believe if all this religions are all man made full of lies.WAITING to hear from you.
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by BraveGuy: 6:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
plaetton: ^^^^^
Threats, threats and more threats!
Is there anything else that your religion offers humanity other than threats of eternal hell fire?

Please take time to really study your religion. You would soon realize that even hell fire does not make any sense.

That is where you have missed it BIG TIME, true Christianity is not a religion, it is a relationship a person has with His Maker through the redemptive work of Jesus Christ.

You must have a lot of misconception about Christianity. Religion is a very different concept. It can easily be said that True Christianity and the Christian religion are the same thing. No, they are not, they are as the North Pole to the South Pole. The Christian religion is the scam, because it is an off-spin of the genuine thing. On the outside they look alike, but on the inside, they are vastly different. How do you know the difference? "By their fruits you shall know them". Just observe them, the one that is TRULY like the Bible you read (character-based) is the genuine, while the other just has the form and show of godliness, so much work (activities), but lacking in character. That is why you can have so-called priests that are intimate predators! They dress nice outside and engage in charitable works, but they are worse than ravening wolves.

Warnings about Hell Fire is not a matter threats. Jesus was also very clear on this subject.
Matthew 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

So, is it a threat to warn or remind people that they are heading in the wrong direction?

For example, if there is a house is on fire and you see a friend/neigbour/relative who is blind or drunk heading straight into that blaze, what would you do, pretend as if it's none of your business or do all within your power to help save him?

Yes, I admit, we sometimes go overboard with it, but won't you do the same for a loved one even if the person would slap or puke on you? I am sure you would take all the dirt and save a life!
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by BraveGuy: 6:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Firstly, the name is Constantine not Constantinople.

In fact, the fact that you don't even know the name of the person who directed the contents of the bible is enough to show that you're completely CLUELESS, and have done zero research into the stuff you worship - a near unforgivable crime in my book.

As for the rest of the stuff you typed, if you think the various books of the bible all 'confirm' one another, that's just another proof of your absolute cluelessness with regard to a book that is known to contain literally THOUSANDS of contradictions and discrepancies.

You are saying this as if you're an authority on the Bible. Amazing, so Constantine is the person who directed the contents of the Bible (was that for a movie or what)?

Tell me which part is contradictory?

Yes, I agree with him, in fact, ALL the 66 Books of the Bible have one common topic, Jesus Christ.

Yes, you will get thousands, if not millions, of contradictions and discrepancies in the Bible, do you know why? Because the natural man does not understand the things of God as they are only spiritually discerned.
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by BraveGuy: 6:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
achovirux: .

Bros pls tell me which religion that does not lie or what what you think I should believe if all this religions are all man made full of lies.WAITING to hear from you.

Yes, ALL religions do have lies.

But you must also know that True Christianity is not a religion.
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Rossikki: 11:38pm On Jul 21, 2014
achovirux: .

You don't have to believe anything or any religion. If anything in life is unclear to you, go research it, then form your beliefs or conceptualizations based on that. Or if your research is inconclusive, it's perfectly ok to suspend belief in anything or concept. There's no punishment by an ''angry God'' for doing this. The mere suggestion of such is blasphemy, portraying as it does the Supreme Intelligence as an ignorant, vicious entity. Reject all threats of damnation by people desperate to capture your mind. You're here to use your intelligence. Not to be a robot!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? / Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended / Atheism Is Extreme Evil!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.