Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Pronounce This Efik Name - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pronounce This Efik Name (1715 Views)

Efik/ibibio Names And Their Meaning / The Fattening Rooms Of The Efik / Please, Teach Me Efik/ibibio (calabar/akwa-ibom) Language. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pronounce This Efik Name by grafikdon: 12:14pm On May 23, 2008
Can anyone help me with the pronunciation of this Efik name 'Etido'. My Efik is really deplorable which is a shame because I had the opportunity to master the language with a mother and aunts who speak fluent Efik. . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed

Is it:

1. E-ti-doh
2. E-ti-door

embarassed embarassed grin
Re: Pronounce This Efik Name by grafikdon: 9:38pm On May 25, 2008
Say whaaaaaat? No Efik dude or dudette in the house? Abasi Mbok!!!! shocked shocked
Re: Pronounce This Efik Name by mi3(f): 4:16am On Oct 19, 2008
how person go take pronounce name for nairaland? , the very fact that the pronounciation is up for debate indicates that the differences are subtle, na typing go sort person out?

and the first one sounds more, correct
Re: Pronounce This Efik Name by grafikdon: 5:16pm On Oct 19, 2008
Thanks for the answer. I thought the first one was appropriate.
Re: Pronounce This Efik Name by ifyalways(f): 8:13pm On Oct 19, 2008
what Does "etido" mean sef? tongue
Re: Pronounce This Efik Name by toshmann(m): 3:26am On Dec 23, 2008
how about nkereuwem and ndifereke

(1) (Reply)

We Should Be Proud Of Our Country/race / How Fluent Can You Speak Your Native Language? / Significance Of August Break In Igbo Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.