Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! (1295 Views)

Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job / Now That I Got A Job I Am Now Confused. / Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! by RealJenny(f): 8:31pm On Jul 17, 2013
Hey guys pls I would really appreciate your advice. So I applied for cryjamb this year and I dididnt really meet the cut-off for what I would want to study which is cry medicine. After muchwailing I accepted my fate and decided to try next year but the problem is that I. Am 17 at the moment and if I wait till next year I'll be 18 before I enter med school and I'll be 26 before I can be fully established as a doctor. I know that to some people that is young but I've always dreamt of being very young and independent. Another big problem is that I wanted to opt for chemical engineering in next year's jamb while I attend a private school in the mean time(studying computer science) in other for me to have a plan b incase things don't go as planned but going to a private skul is a lot of money that I don't want to waste either. Now my major confusion is do I go for chemical engineering or Medicine My fav subjects are biology and maths and I detest physics a lot and I also want a career that would give me some time to have a family and actually take care of them!! Pls I'm just too confused, my head is about to blow, what do u advise plz?? cry !!
Re: HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! by PilotOz(m): 8:41pm On Jul 17, 2013
bro, why u acting like a baby? I turned 18 some days ago, and i dont even have plans on writing jamb.. Iam into business, and iam leaving my parents house this year, to focus on my business.. I study part time at national open university.. Yes iam just 18, and i have started beign independent.. In this life, certificate will not put food on ur table. Man up bro and consider beign self employed.. Well if u wanna be a doctor, good for u.
Re: HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! by RealJenny(f): 8:51pm On Jul 17, 2013
Pilot Oz: bro, why u acting like a baby? I turned 18 some days ago, and i dont even have plans on writing jamb.. Iam into business, and iam leaving my parents house this year, to focus on my business.. I study part time at national open university.. Yes iam just 18, and i have started beign independent.. In this life, certificate will not put food on ur table. Man up bro and consider beign self employed.. Well if u wanna be a doctor, good for u.
Thanks but I'm actually a girl!! And yes I will definitely be self employed in the future I just want to have a good resume whether I use it or not incase of future opportunities that will present itself.. Still confused!!
Re: HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! by PilotOz(m): 9:07pm On Jul 17, 2013
i study computer science too. Medcine is really complicated, 4yrs uni, 4yrs med school, another yr for internship programme. So u have to look at all these.. Its a high paying job, truth be told, if u really want a family, i'd say go for engineering.. U'd have to start developing some interests for physics.. Have u considered other options outside university? Like polytechnic and all of that smiley
Re: HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! by RealJenny(f): 9:29pm On Jul 17, 2013
I really don't want sadto go to a poly because of the stress involved(IT and all that) besides I think people look down on HND certificates compared to a bsc so I've already made up my mind to write jamb next year but I don't want to sit at home again which is why I wanted to go to a private skul for the mean time to have something doing but the money sha will waste after one year and also I love medicine as a course just the time and stress involved and I did a little research bout chemical engineering physics is not too involved sha
Re: HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! by RealJenny(f): 9:36pm On Jul 17, 2013
And ehn u mentioned business cheesy can u connect me?? grin I wouldn't mind earning some cheddah along with my schooling grin sad grin
Re: HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! by PilotOz(m): 9:45pm On Jul 17, 2013
going to a private school, to pay a ridiculously high amount of money just because u dont wanna stay at home is ABSURB. Since you've made up ur mind to sit for next year's jamb(if there's any), i say u get prepared.. Ur not gonna sit at home doing nothing, u are fighting for a slot in the university.. if u are really passionate about medicine, go for it.. Just be determined.. And study intensively, do what you are passionate about.. use failure as a stepping stone to greater things.. Most of all, pray to GOD to direct ur paths.
Re: HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! by PilotOz(m): 9:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
RealJenny: And ehn u mentioned business cheesy can u connect me?? grin I wouldn't mind earning some cheddah along with my schooling grin sad grin
lol, arrgh so u dont wanna depend on ur mummy for cash? *winks*
Re: HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! by mployer(m): 9:54pm On Jul 17, 2013
I think u should go for either engineering or computer science. U really don't hav d guts and doggedness required to pursue a career in medicine ( no offence). Successful medical students are mostly focussed and determined from the onset. As for d physics, I don't see a threat in it; If u are really good in math as u said, u won't hav much problems with engineering courses. Pls stay away from medicine so u don't end up a frustrated student or medical doctor.
Re: HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! by PilotOz(m): 10:09pm On Jul 17, 2013
m-ployer:
I think u should go for either engineering or computer science. U really don't hav d guts and doggedness required to pursue a career in medicine ( no offence). Successful medical students are mostly focussed and determined from the onset. As for d physics, I don't see a threat in it; If u are really good in math as u said, u won't hav much problems with engineering courses. Pls stay away from medicine so u don't end up a frustrated student or medical doctor.
the young woman said she is passionate about medicine.. Women have been known to succed in medicine.. I'd bet on this that you'd give the opposite if it was a male poster smiley all she need is just some encouragements that yes she can, if she really wants it..
Re: HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! by RealJenny(f): 10:32pm On Jul 17, 2013
Pilot Oz: lol, arrgh so u dont wanna depend on ur mummy for cash? *winks*

Ah no o I want to take care of mummy o she has done too much already.. I'm serious o I can forward my email if u want I can even work under you to keep busy cheesy
Re: HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! by RealJenny(f): 10:43pm On Jul 17, 2013
m-ployer:
Thanks for your advise but I wouldn't say I'm not determined its just that I have an over analytical mind so I tend to over analyse a lot. The thing is I don't want to get into something that will limit me and I really don't want to stay at home again.. I love medicine( I get fascinated by biology all the time) but I also looove maths and hate physics (I knw that sounds weird sha) I think I'm also attracted to the prestige attached to medicine but one thing about chemical engineering I love is that it combines most of the subjects I love with little physics + a good pay if I get favoured and with computer science hmmm I'm definitely gonna go into programming which I know I won't learn everything in school so I have to go to NIIT or Aptech so you see all this put 2geda = One very confused girl. I'm persistent and I know that whatever I put my mind to I can do it.

1 Like

Re: HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! by PilotOz(m): 10:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
RealJenny:
Ah no o I want to take care of mummy o she has done too much already.. I'm serious o I can forward my email if u want I can even work under you to keep busy cheesy
take things easy.. I see u are determined.. Well for a start, we can talk. Nosakhareimasuen@gmail.com
Re: HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! by RealJenny(f): 11:14pm On Jul 17, 2013
Pilot Oz: take things easy.. I see u are determined.. Well for a start, we can talk. Nosakhareimasuen@gmail.com

You've got mail Bruv grin grin
Re: HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! by PilotOz(m): 11:18pm On Jul 17, 2013
RealJenny:
You've got mail Bruv grin grin
what's ur email? I didn't see any message on my email
Re: HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! by RealJenny(f): 11:21pm On Jul 17, 2013
Pilot Oz: what's ur email? I didn't see any message on my email
Pls check again, my email is sharpgirl835@gmail.com
Re: HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! by DBestDoc(f): 7:52am On Jul 18, 2013
Re: HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! by DBestDoc(f): 7:53am On Jul 18, 2013
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Make up your mind girl!
Re: HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! by RealJenny(f): 9:03am On Jul 18, 2013
D_BestDoc: lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Make up your mind girl!
Arrgh! not so easy bruv
Re: HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 14, 2013
[quote
author=Pilot Oz]bro, why u acting like a baby? I turned 18 some days
ago, and i dont even have plans on writing jamb.. Iam into business, and
iam leaving my parents house this year, to focus on my business.. I
study part time at national open university.. Yes iam just 18, and i
have started beign independent.. In this life, certificate will not put
food on ur table. Man up bro and consider beign self employed.. Well if u
wanna be a doctor, good for u.[/quote]
pls can u link me up with ur biz, i don't mind woking under u. really want 2 do bizness @ d same time schooling at NOUN. Thank u so much.
my email- tonichris11@yahoo.com
Re: HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 14, 2013
Pls can u link me up with ur biz, i don't mind working under u. really want 2 do bizness @ d same time schooling at NOUN. Thank u so much.
Re: HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 14, 2013
@ Pilot
Oz.....Pls can u link me up with ur biz, i don't mind working under u.
really want 2 do bizness @ d same time schooling at NOUN. Can i get ur phone number? Thank u so
much.
Re: HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! by Nobody: 2:18am On Aug 14, 2013
if i were u, i ll go for chem engineering.. as a female ,i thnk chem engineering ll give u more time for ur family than medicine cos of night shifts, emergency calls and all of that involved in medicine, except of course u wnt to run ur own private hospital.(even d private hospital wouldnt even give u d much time u desire as patients ll be troppin in all d tym)
secondly, chem engineering is also a good course as it's lucrative in Nigeria.
thirdly, as regards d physics, i think u r only goin to offer physics in first yr, so thats nt really an issue..
d choice is still urs, best of luck...
Re: HELP!!!!! A Confused Teenager!!!!! by PilotOz(m): 9:42pm On Aug 14, 2013
JAGARS: @ Pilot
Oz.....Pls can u link me up with ur biz, i don't mind working under u.
really want 2 do bizness @ d same time schooling at NOUN. Can i get ur phone number? Thank u so
much.
Sorry NO.. Things r too complicated ATM

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Recognition Awards 2015 / Chemistry Graduates Let Meet Here / Opinions Needed In Choosing A Career Path!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.