Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,229 members, 7,807,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) (3761 Views)

Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ - / Zahra And Kiki: Nigeria’s Newest Divas / Mike Adenuga And Wife Become Nigeria’s Newest Fugitives. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by ujoinme: 9:25pm On Jul 17, 2013
Governor Isa Yuguda has been so favoured in life that he has excelled in all fronts. He has been managing director of two banks, twoterm minister (Transport and Aviation) and two-term governor of Bauchi State. In this interview with National Mirror, he speaks on why he is Bauchi will soon be the hub of tourism in Nigeria and the new international airport his administration is building. Excerpts. read more @
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/why-bauchi-is-building-international-airport-governor-isa-yuguda/

Re: Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by ujoinme: 9:29pm On Jul 17, 2013
more of the beautiful airport. these airport will open Yankari games reserve to the world. cant wait to go back and enjoy the wiki warm springs.

Re: Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by billante(m): 9:44pm On Jul 17, 2013
Not a fantastic looking airport undecided!
Anyway it just a local airport and will just serve the state!
Good development anyway!........ like i always said all states should have a functioning airport,nigeria economy is large enough to busy all the aiport, some state can even have two like lagos is doing
Re: Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by ba7man(m): 9:52pm On Jul 17, 2013
What percentage of the population of Nigeria can afford to travel by air? I believe the Northern Governors should build cargo Airports instead to aid the transportation of goods and cash crops to and fro effectively.
Re: Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by Itoroetti(m): 9:58pm On Jul 17, 2013
Nice one.but the airport doesn't really enticed me,it looks out of fashion.
Re: Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by warrior01: 10:15pm On Jul 17, 2013
Pls, what's the name of this desert? Na wa o! So this climate change of a thing is serious.

1 Like

Re: Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by IGBOSON1: 10:31pm On Jul 17, 2013
It looks dated and small! Anyone know the budgeted cost?
Re: Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by solomon111(m): 10:31pm On Jul 17, 2013
This airport looks really dry.
it's a state govt project sha.
Thumbs up anyway.
Re: Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 17, 2013
THRASH!!! This pile of cement n steel dosent look anything close to a standard airport. Stupid Governor should focus more on educating his constituency rather than building an airport. But, they will never do that. I wonder if it is the almajiris or the nomads that will use it.
Re: Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by gunuvi(m): 10:41pm On Jul 17, 2013
Is that an airport? Pls @op delete those pics don't ridicule him and Nigeria.
Re: Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 17, 2013
local made airport
Re: Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by Billionaires: 10:50pm On Jul 17, 2013
LOL, thats not really an airport. That could pass for a village Aerodrome.
Re: Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by otokx(m): 10:58pm On Jul 17, 2013
Looks more like a prison.
Re: Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by 50calibre(m): 11:38pm On Jul 17, 2013
I'm sorry but this looks amateurish to me, I wouldn't want my private jet landing there.
Re: Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by Temismith(f): 11:54pm On Jul 17, 2013
Pls, what site(s) can one apply for jobs dere? undecidedundecided
Re: Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by GeneralJ(m): 12:11am On Jul 18, 2013
this is prison ohh
Re: Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by Freewilly(f): 12:36am On Jul 18, 2013
Everything is called international Airport in Nigeria these days,it's really sad that the Airfield up there is International Airport. How many people in Bauchi State can even afford to pay for an airplane ticket. What they need in Bauchi State is a Cargo Hanger so cargo planes and use it to transport cows "beef" to the east.
Re: Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by eaglechild: 1:17am On Jul 18, 2013
Looks like deserted post war era air strip.
The control tower looks like a that of a prison.
Re: Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by ujoinme: 2:08am On Jul 18, 2013
why are you all badmouthing the airport? it will serve the need of the state as they will have a place to hub in and hub out as long as there is patronage.
Its the operational capacity that really count not the aesthetics. am sure the people of bauchi are happy with the development.
they were similar criticism for the uyo and asaba airport when they were being built. but today the people of those states are enjoying their airports.

These is a state project it should be applauded. because thats the duty of state govt to provide infrastructures. most of the big airport you see today did not start out big, they get expanded/upgraded as the need arises.This one might be upgraded in due course if there is need.

1 Like

Re: Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by teemlo: 2:39am On Jul 18, 2013
otokx: Looks more like a prison.
Gbam
Re: Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by Linoversace: 6:01am On Jul 18, 2013
An airport almost ready for operation? undecided
Op you need to be sued for misusing the word 'beautiful'!
Re: Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by ujoinme: 6:09am On Jul 18, 2013
Linoversace: An airport almost ready for operation? undecided
Op you need to be sued for misusing the word 'beautiful'!

oya sue me lol
beauty is in the eye of the beholder. i see tourism potential in bauchi cos ive been there and i know whats on ground there at yankari. once boko haram calms down these airport might give verve to that region.
You dont have to agree with me but i believe these strongly and i know the governor does too.
Re: Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by Linoversace: 6:09am On Jul 18, 2013
ujoinme:
These is a state project it should be applauded. because thats the duty of state govt to provide infrastructures. most of the big airport you see today did not start out big the get expanded/upgraded as need arises.This one might in due course

Kinda agree with you but the airport is far from beautiful! It should be transformed to Yankari Games Reserve; looks more suitable for it! grin
Re: Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 6:17am On Jul 18, 2013
Its quite commendable going by the the amount available for the Governor to work with.
Re: Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures) by ujoinme: 6:18am On Jul 18, 2013
Linoversace:

Kinda agree with you but the airport is far from beautiful! It should be transformed to Yankari Games Reserve; looks more suitable for it! grin

He built that whole terminal for N8billion naira this governor is a magician and should be applauded go and ask Akpabio and udaughan how much their terminal cost and you would be amazed at how prudent this guy is?

Besides even if you don't appreciate his prudence or vision, remember governors across the country are stealing/looting the this kind of project money. if it come to the choice between stealing/ looting the money and building and infrastructure no matter how ill advised i will choose the latter always.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Meets Obasanjo In Otta For a Private Meeting / 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria / Hilarious: President Buhari Fights Corruption In Dubai See Funny Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.