Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Forbidden Fruit 3 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Forbidden Fruit 3 (648 Views)

The Forbidden Fruit / Stolen Kisses (Forbidden Fruit 2) / Forbidden Fruit (A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Forbidden Fruit 3 by Abisoyee(m): 9:34am On Jul 18, 2013
For a better understanding of this story, you might like to viait http://poshkidcharming./2013/06/23/stolen-kisses-forbidden-fruit/

It was Michael’s voice and he sounded like an angry locomotive with the way he bellowed over the phone. He sounded so infuriated that I unconsciously took a gulp, Sharon had gotten back home and reported the day’s incident to him. He screamed in fury about how he was going to strangle my chicken neck when he got hold of him and that I had better run for my dear life because nothing was going to save me from his wrath. I put on a fake bravado and responded calmly that there was nothing he could do since we don’t have any business together when the truth of the matter was that I was just too scared to talk much, my heart was in my mouth and I knew that I had landed myself in hot water. I disconnected the call more out of fear than irritation that someone was making idle threats, I know what Michael is capable of; he had this evil streak of rebellion and vengeance in him and he wasn’t going to be satisfied until he had blood. To avoid trouble, that night I packed a little overnight bag and headed for my best friend’s house Andy.

Andy was the only friend I could trust with all my life woes and when I got there, he didn’t raise a brow since this was not my first time of crashing at his place during an emergency. He listened to my story that night without any emotion on his face and when I finished he calmly looked me in the face and said: ‘It’s all going to be fine.’ I forgot my sorrows that minute and picked up my phone, I hadn’t spoken to Mirabel all day and when she picked up the phone, her voice sounded tired and drawn like someone who had been crying all day. My heart broke to hear her so sad and she didn’t really want to speak, she said she just wanted to sleep and have a little time to herself to think through everything. She said she was scared of Michael as he had called her earlier in the day to raise hell and fury. He had called her some dirty names like b**tch and a wh**re and how she just humped around from men to men, he said he was going to disfigure that face for her so that no man would ever find her attractive again. She was scared and I could hear the fear in her voice, she whimpered softly as she spoke and I could hear the silent sniffs of someone trying so hard not to cry. She said might be going back to Abuja because she wasn’t strong enough with all the drama going on. I tried to assuage her fears and told her that it was simply what we had to face and she shouldn’t let that discourage her from being with me. I swore by the heavens and earth that I was going to protect her and nothing was going to happen, even as I said that I wondered to myself how I was going to do that. Here I am, a scruffy young man and I had even run from the comfort of my own home to my best friend’s to find solace.

How I wish I found that solace I so badly needed. That night was hell, just as we were preparing to sleep, we heard shouts outside. It was the gateman and some arguing heatedly, I was in only my boxers while Andy was in pajamas. We went out to see what was going on when suddenly someone kicked the gate open forcefully and four men trooped in looking fierce and worrisome. The first one dazed Audu, the gate man a slap and the poor man fell to his knees with a dazed expression on his face. Another one kicked him mercilessly in the stomach and he crumpled to the ground writhing in pain, I shouted out about what was going on while Andrew ran forward to help Audu. That was when it happened, one of them brought out a knife and slashed Andy on the back as he bent to help Audu from the ground. Andy screamed in pain and blood gushed out of the wound like water from a new tap…..

To be continued

(1) (Reply)

Dont Take My Man (music Inspired) / Define Nairaland In A Sentence / Home While Away, The Joy Of Chrismas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.