Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Will You Marry A Graduate As A Wife If You Are Not A Graduate? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Marry A Graduate As A Wife If You Are Not A Graduate? (991 Views)

What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? / Will You Cheat On Your Wife If She Walks Around Like This In The Room? / Ladies Would You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife If: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Marry A Graduate As A Wife If You Are Not A Graduate? by akanbi3: 1:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
Please I need an advice. Someone asked me for a view on this matter: His friend who is Fashion designer and a SSCE holder is in a relationship with a lady who will be finishing her Ph.D programme in few months time. The man is asking if he should continue with the relationship or not as the relationship is gradually going to another deeper level. He feels he may not be compatible with the lady latter on due to her academic status and her circle of friends. What advise do you have for him. Thanks
Re: Will You Marry A Graduate As A Wife If You Are Not A Graduate? by greatgod2012(f): 2:23pm On Jul 18, 2013
akanbi3: Please I need an advice. Someone asked me for a view on this matter: His friend who is Fashion designer and a SSCE holder is in a relationship with a lady who will be finishing her Ph.D programme in few months time. The man is asking if he should continue with the relationship or not as the relationship is gradually going to another deeper level. He feels he may not be compatible with the lady latter on due to her academic status and her circle of friends. What advise do you have for him. Thanks

@op, nothing bad, if the graduate accepts, no problem, but in this your friend's case, im suspecting fowl play, forgive me if im been to harsh.

things im seeing here are

...........that lady in question might have already be of age, and she thinks "let me quickly grab this one".......ie shes already frustrated and desperate as well, a marriage of frustration and desperation.
............that lady in question might be too proud to submit to a man, especially a man who is almost at the same cadre with her, hence, looking for a man she can "lord" over, a man she can control, a man she can treat like a houseboy, and if this is the case and your friend end up marrying her, he is on a long thing.

However, some women do it without any hidden agenda, most times, some women do it out of prophecy that the man is her ordained husband, and they accept their fate.

Meanwhile, in any of the case, if the man is loving and lovable, confident, has self esteem, ready to upgrade himself academically and can stand on his feet when taking decision, then, he can cope, but i doubt if ALL that type of marriage can last till the end.
Re: Will You Marry A Graduate As A Wife If You Are Not A Graduate? by slimyem: 2:30pm On Jul 18, 2013
That guy is a long throat and the lady is a desperado!!
All the best to them but they both gon have very many issues!!
Re: Will You Marry A Graduate As A Wife If You Are Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 18, 2013
Nope,nope,nope.
Re: Will You Marry A Graduate As A Wife If You Are Not A Graduate? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2013
In the Nigerian setting of marriage? No. Please break up now and save yourselves the drama.
Re: Will You Marry A Graduate As A Wife If You Are Not A Graduate? by damiso(f): 6:58pm On Jul 18, 2013
Not really practical in Nigeria.University graduates often have a sense of superiority (sometimes rightly so as the mindset of some non-graduates lipsrsealed) that could make someone who is not have inferiority complex.Some graduate Nigerian men can't even stand a woman earning more not to talk of someone who might (I used might cos some graduates ehn lipsrsealed wink) be intellectually superior.

I wondered sha as a typical naija gal when in the course of a discussion, the then head of Operations in my company told us her husband was a green grocer. shocked shocked shocked shocked.To me it was like the head of technical operations of First Bank being married to someone who sells vegetables in Oyingbo grin grin grin grin.
Re: Will You Marry A Graduate As A Wife If You Are Not A Graduate? by EfemenaXY: 7:08pm On Jul 18, 2013
akanbi3: Please I need an advice. Someone asked me for a view on this matter: His friend who is Fashion designer and a SSCE holder is in a relationship with a lady who will be finishing her Ph.D programme in few months time. The man is asking if he should continue with the relationship or not as the relationship is gradually going to another deeper level. He feels he may not be compatible with the lady latter on due to her academic status and her circle of friends. What advise do you have for him. Thanks

Not worth the hassle.

Fake story though.

*** Sensationalism seeking poster...***

(1) (Reply)

Is Joint Account Good For Married Couples / Baby's First Breath:breathtakingly Intimate Pictures Capture The Miracle Ofbirth / Mother Of Baby Born Without Genital Duped Of N5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.