Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,866 members, 7,798,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

How To Get a Scholarship With My SAT? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Get a Scholarship With My SAT? (15502 Views)

How I Landed A World Scholarship With A 3.8 C.G.P.A / On The Spot Admission + Scholarship With London School Of Business & Finance / Get International Scholarship With Your Gce,degree And Travel Without Paying Any (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get a Scholarship With My SAT? by oretayo2k5(m): 2:16am On May 25, 2006
i took the sat exam in the year 2005 october for the first time.scored 1990/2400. i believe this should get me a scholarship(even if partial) but i don't know how to go about anything in this field. i really need help from an experienced person. thanks.
Re: How To Get a Scholarship With My SAT? by chinani(f): 6:55am On May 25, 2006
Write a superb essay (personal statement) or whatever. Really sell yourself to the school(s) you want. When I was applying to college - many moons ago - I interviewed w/ an alum and he was like "Do you play an instrument?" And I was like "yes." and he said "When send them a tape." Well I didn't. . .and I didn't get into that school but my point is that you should really go the extra mile. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Re: How To Get a Scholarship With My SAT? by kazey(m): 8:03am On May 25, 2006
Research on the financial aids provided by the institution and check the criterias, if you fullfill it. Apply for admission first. The probability of getting a scholarship with admission at the same time is one out of a thousand. After getting the admission, get the financial aid form fill it up and send it with their requirments. All the best.
Re: How To Get a Scholarship With My SAT? by layi(m): 10:10am On May 25, 2006
The best bet is to apply for finacial aid in your school of choice. thats easier cos it has a lesser pool of applicants than the generic scholarship bodies.

I took the SAT in 1999 and scored 1320/1600. I got a $9000 scholarship from the University of Missouri but i was still denied F1 visa. So getting scholarship is just 1 of 2 hurdles to scale.
Re: How To Get a Scholarship With My SAT? by Ashiwaju(m): 12:29pm On May 25, 2006
You have a good score but the sad story is no matter how much ur scholarship is, the officials here might still deny you. But for that score i think UCA would take you on perhaps a scholarship of $2000 a year depending on yah O'Level results. More power to your elbow as u continue the search. God bless
Re: How To Get a Scholarship With My SAT? by WesleyanA(f): 5:07am On May 26, 2006
what schools are you looking at/into?
go on their website or get on their mailing list and apply for scholarships. undecided

that's a pretty high SAT score if you ask me undecided
I scored lower than you on my PSAT last year (1750/2400) and still got stuff. nothing big though.
Maybe you could ask Layi how he got his undecided

I'm still waiting for the result of my SAT (hopefully before june1). I hope I did ok. smiley

and you're 15 too! You must be a genius or something.
Goodluck on your search!!! smiley
Re: How To Get a Scholarship With My SAT? by pespes: 9:28pm On May 27, 2006
i scored 2240 in my sat but i kant go
Re: How To Get a Scholarship With My SAT? by WesleyanA(f): 10:22pm On May 27, 2006
pespes:

this doesn't sound like a post belonging to someone who scored a 2240 on the SAT.
anyways, I hope you get into your goal college wink
Re: How To Get a Scholarship With My SAT? by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 27, 2006
pespes:

A 2240? What are you still doing in nigeria? and why can't you go? Did you apply to schools at all?
Re: How To Get a Scholarship With My SAT? by hotangel2(f): 11:58pm On May 27, 2006
pespes:

If u scored that high, i doubt if u'll spell 'can't' as kant.

ANyways, hun, my best advice to you is to go to the websites of the school's u wanna go to, and check out whatever it is that you need to do to get into their school. U are a smart kid, and u shouldn't let that waste.

1 Like

Re: How To Get a Scholarship With My SAT? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:02am On May 28, 2006
lol hot-angel cheesy cheesy maybe thats just his way of writing it lol cheesy
Re: How To Get a Scholarship With My SAT? by Ashiwaju(m): 12:41am On May 28, 2006
Why u all acting like you dont make mistakes or you dont play with words attimes? that the boy has choosed to write "can't" as "Kant" hasnt changed a thing. If i write "dt", does it mean i dont know how to spell "that"? abeg, help the guy if u have something gud(u can aswell say i dont know how to spell "good" too) for him. and 2400 score on SAT guarantee an admission but it does not guarantee an f-1 visa. You need do alot of home work buddy
Re: How To Get a Scholarship With My SAT? by hotangel2(f): 2:46am On May 28, 2006
Ashiwaju:

Why u all acting like you don't make mistakes or you don't play with words attimes? that the boy has choosed to write "can't" as "Kant" hasnt changed a thing. If i write "dt", does it mean i don't know how to spell "that"? abeg, help the guy if u have something good(u can aswell say i don't know how to spell "good" too) for him. and 2400 score on SAT guarantee an admission but it does not guarantee an f-1 visa. You need do alot of home work buddy

I was not bouncing on him or anything. I was just wondering, i mean someone that makes 2400, must have practised writing soo well. U know? I didn't mean any harm. The thought just came to my mind.

Btw, What does and f-1 visa do?
Re: How To Get a Scholarship With My SAT? by Ashiwaju(m): 5:14pm On May 28, 2006
The university Grants you admission for high scores and the embassy issue an F-1 visa to study in the states.
Re: How To Get a Scholarship With My SAT? by WesleyanA(f): 3:25pm On May 29, 2006
yeah. maybe that's just his style.  wink undecided i hope.

but anyways, I hope he gets his F1 visa because that's a really good SAT score. he actually qualifies as a finalist in the National Merit!!!!
Re: How To Get a Scholarship With My SAT? by Donglitzie: 7:38pm On May 11, 2015
[center][/center]

While some people are saying you should pay to get scholarships, and for the most part these people have NEVER studied on a scholarship abroad themselves, I have. I have been living in the USA for years, absolutely on scholarship. And I am NOT from a rich home, heck, I don't even have millions myself!

I shared the information with you on how to get scholarship in the USA for ABSOLUTELY FREE, NO strings attached, on www.livebeyondschool.com/Studying-Abroad.html

Have fun, friends. Hope you find the post useful and the insights shared actionable... please drop your opinion and questions on the contact form there if you have any, I'll gladly respond. Thank you.
Re: How To Get a Scholarship With My SAT? by Donglitzie: 5:49pm On Aug 18, 2015
If you desire to study in the UK for almost free, this is going to be fantastic for you... I promise wink

Here's the link: http://www.livebeyondschool.com/Commonwealth-Scholarships-for-Master-and-PhD-UK-2016.html

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Admitted In Medicine And Surgery Next Year / ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. / What Can I Study In The University With This Result?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.