Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder (22220 Views)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by YoursGEJ(m): 11:39pm On Jul 18, 2013
When him dey do this thing, I warn am o

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by dabrake(m): 11:39pm On Jul 18, 2013
powerblaze: He shud have saved the first goal.. Twas poorly tapped by the uruguay play, yet Enyeama somehow let it slip past him.

I disagree with you.

powerblaze: But the second goal? Cmon yal! Thats like expecting a goal keeper to save Neymar's goal. Some goals are simply made to go straight into the net, regardless of who's between the sticks
Any goalkeeper will expect a striker to shoot towards the open diagonal. There are many of such goals.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by demmy55(m): 11:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
CFCfan: I disagree. No keeper in the world would have saved Forlan's shot.

I disagree. I no be Man U fan o! but dat Man U keeper would av bin able to save it.

Not Van dar Save o! I'm talking abt De Gea abi wetin be dat him name

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by dabrake(m): 11:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
Yours GEJ,:
When him dey do this thing, I warn am o
[s]That would probably be when he say Torres approaching[/s] grin grin grin grin
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by fuckdmods(m): 11:41pm On Jul 18, 2013
just dey observe

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by bee444: 11:42pm On Jul 18, 2013
Enyeama was the captain and wasnt good enough at his last outing. He should be replaced. 1st choice since 2002? Thats damn too long... no wonder he got complacent.

The coach also got complacent and thinks he's all that... how dare him took all those players to the confed cup to face the likes of Xavi, Neyma and all!

Not calling up Odemwinge again is also a bit disrespectful to Nigeria. Take your ego somewhere else. Winning AFCON is good but building upon that is necessary to the advancement of football in this nation.

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by omohba: 11:43pm On Jul 18, 2013
Why blame that guy...seriously speaking any goalie would av conceded that D.forlan's goal.I believe keshi only want to know Ejide's worth..buh I still believe Enyeama is the no1 goalie.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Emelcee: 11:45pm On Jul 18, 2013
I think they should be a rethink by the coach before he makes another mistake. when he fielded inexperience players during confederation cup,Sunday Oliseh opposed it and he got angry. He is disrespecting Enyeama by not including his name at list to stay on the bench. If only he wanted those that made mistakes to work harder, why did he invite Ahmed Musa, Brown Ideye, Gambo and Sunday Mba that did not live up to the expectation of the Nigerian fans?. Enyeama is the best Super eagles keeper for now,let it be know by the coaching crew.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by korebobo(m): 11:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
dat same kind of goal was scored against casillas
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
omohba: Why blame that guy...seriously speaking any goalie would av conceded that D.forlan's goal.I believe keshi only want to know Ejide's worth..buh I still believe Enyeama is the no1 goalie.

Yeah, that sounds more plausible. Maybe both Agbim and Ejide will get 45 minutes each, since its just a friendly.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by hollandis(f): 11:48pm On Jul 18, 2013
Am surprised that no one ...neither coach, players or nairalanders blame ideye for his inability to slip in an easy goal .Nigerians are either forgetful or plain sentimental .The way I reason is So different from the way many Nigerians reason. ..I dnt know why

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Ayorh4you(m): 11:49pm On Jul 18, 2013
e no concern me. mk we develop rugby here in naija and stop bothering ourselves with football.............. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Revolva(m): 12:02am On Jul 19, 2013
so dem wan drop our number one keeper..i pity super eagles.....na there we go take dey fall..
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by lacicrips(m): 12:04am On Jul 19, 2013
OCTAVO: I guess my position is not too bad here. cheesy

Agbaya! You've joined them too?

I think it's time we started scouting for keepers. I don't see any reasonable replacement for Enyeama.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Nobody: 12:09am On Jul 19, 2013
dayokanu: [size=13pt]WHat about Ahmed Musa who lost the ball that led to the counter attack[/size]

exactly

leaving Musa and Ideye who should take the lion's share of our faults puts a doubt in his reasoning
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by donem: 12:13am On Jul 19, 2013
CFC i hold your football opinions very high, but i disagree with you on this, i personally was disappointed when he concieded that Forlan goal, his attempt towards thwarting the ball was very dismal. Besides by generalizing that no keeper in the world would have caught the ball isn't fare, cos i know of keepers who have saved more difficult goals than that of Forlan.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by dabossman(m): 12:21am On Jul 19, 2013
idnoble135:
that statement is too broad. Definitely, there would be keepers who have saved shots that were better than Forlan's.
Thank you my brother. We've seen keepers save such strikes. Even Enyeama saved a Beckham strike to global acclaim in 2002. While not blaming Enyeama, I think he could have narrowed down the angle with better positioning.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by solexybaba(m): 12:31am On Jul 19, 2013
who tel dat man say na enyeama b our problem...he did not get us good strikers lik myself dat can bang goals adequately. D chances we missed no pas d opponent ownabi? He did nt watch d match properly i guess....
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by dabossman(m): 12:37am On Jul 19, 2013
why are peeps fussing here anyway. its at best a friendly. shouldn't we find out if we have suitable cover, if God forbid, Enyeama cops an injury?
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by 1forall: 12:46am On Jul 19, 2013
If Enyeama is to be dropped for not stopping 34-goal scorer Diego Forlan well, no problem. But in the same spirit, all those useless forwards like Ideye & Co should also be dropped for wasting clear chances and giving Nigerians high blood pressure during that tournament.

They should be asking Efe Ambrose where he was when Forlan was going? Didn't Uruguay's 1st goal come through Efe's position too? Even Spain's cheap 3rd goal came from his side. He likes to overlap but is slow to track back.

With no named sources, the whole thing reads like funny speculation sef.

3 Likes

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by iamdsam: 12:52am On Jul 19, 2013
Our loss against Uruguay wasn't a goal keeper's fault. It was the fault of our attackers who couldn't convert their chances into goals. We also failed to use our set pieces to our advantage

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by kq(m): 12:56am On Jul 19, 2013
this is the problem with us Nigerians, this story is mere speculation and we are buying it. Question if truly Enyeama was dropped how come there are only 2 keepers listed? Why is there no replacement for him?
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by vislabraye(m): 1:08am On Jul 19, 2013
idnoble135:
that statement is too broad. Definitely, there would be keepers who have saved shots that were better than Forlan's.

VE made very fantastic saves against Spain.
Truth is dat our defence is chaotic. Our problem is defence. I hope d reason Keshi droppped him wasn't because of dat goal. It wud be a big mistake to do dat.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by austinebode: 1:24am On Jul 19, 2013
I watched Keshi' interview this night on channel sport- "He was dropped to give other goal keeper more playing time".
Don't forget he had a wonderful match against the Spanish team.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Sike(m): 1:28am On Jul 19, 2013
sambos994:
“It was terrible the
way we conceded that
second goal against Uruguay
and the team blamed
Enyeama for not doing
enough to save that [Diego]
Forlan's shot.”
WTF!! Save that Shot?! Don't tell me nunsense abeg! 40 keepers at large self no fit stop that screamer. Abeg! Next excuse plssssssssss! sad
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by powerblaze(m): 1:33am On Jul 19, 2013
dabrake:

Any goalkeeper will expect a striker to shoot towards the open diagonal. There are many of such goals.

Yes there are.. But how many are saved? And really, no goal keeper would expect a first time full powered volley from such an angle, heading for the top left acute! He had no chance bro
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Gbengazzee(m): 1:41am On Jul 19, 2013
Hmm. What exactly would Spain do to their acclaimed Ike Casillas? Enyeama is aging and there is need to get a replacement for him, but the Keshi should not reason it on Enyeama's performance at the Confederation.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by sambos994(m): 1:42am On Jul 19, 2013
HoLEEsinner: sambos994 u sabi copy and paste kai, i salute u sir, just d way i read it on goal.com/nigeria. Back 2 d enyeama, bros vincent don dey old nd he wasnt at his best in brazil. Mikel was rumored to question keshi why enyeama was the 1st choice..he needs 2 step up his game. Shikena

Just spreading the word... wink
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by dabrake(m): 1:44am On Jul 19, 2013
powerblaze:

Yes there are.. But how many are saved? And really, no goal keeper would expect a first time full powered volley from such an angle, heading for the top left acute! He had no chance bro
that's exactly what I was trying to pinpoint.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by olumyde(m): 1:46am On Jul 19, 2013
Sike: WTF!! Save that Shot?! Don't tell me nunsense abeg! 40 keepers at large self no fit stop that screamer. Abeg! Next excuse plssssssssss! sad
I disagree. Enyeama did not narrow the angle. He also wasn't alert, it showed because he couldn't even lift himself off the ground to attempt to save the shot. If he had been alert, he could have saved the shot. And there are goal keepers that can save that shot.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by rayadeiza(m): 1:51am On Jul 19, 2013
all dis is a false story, lets jst say d truth enyeama is still our best gk, if e wasnt invited, its nt bcuz of d goal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kelechi Iheanacho Signs 2-year Extension Deal With Man City / Puyol Arrives Nigeria Today On 3-day Tour / Algeria Vs Nigeria : Tactical Formation Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.