Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder (22221 Views)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 19, 2013
Well, anything 4 d good of nigeria is seconded by me.. Bsyds, enyeama is losing form
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by goodgood2(m): 7:09am On Jul 19, 2013
Emelcee: I think they should be a rethink by the coach before he makes another mistake. when he fielded inexperience players during confederation cup,Sunday Oliseh opposed it and he got angry. He is disrespecting Enyeama by not including his name at list to stay on the bench. If only he wanted those that made mistakes to work harder, why did he invite Ahmed Musa, Brown Ideye, Gambo and Sunday Mba that did not live up to the expectation of the Nigerian fans?. Enyeama is the best Super eagles keeper for now,let it be know by the coaching crew.
Enyeama is not only the best keeper for now, he's the best keeper in the history of nigerian football. Stats, awards and laurels prove that.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by HarmondPhD(m): 7:17am On Jul 19, 2013
[left][/left]Enyeama was the best among all Nigeria player,and I wonder why keshi should drop him and return this loser to play for th team,what is ideye brown still doing in the team.I really pity Nigeria even in our own team they still apply politics.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 19, 2013
Cheiiiii this is not good o..
Not a wise decision at all!!
Inyama is good goalkeeper..
A great one!

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by DonSnoogyPon(m): 7:25am On Jul 19, 2013
nadia_SA: Cheiiiii this is not good o..
A great one!
what a bad day for him ummm.....
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 19, 2013
nadia_SA: Cheiiiii this is not good o..
A great one!
undecided grin
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by DonSnoogyPon(m): 7:26am On Jul 19, 2013
sylvalord: Well, anything 4 d good of nigeria is seconded by me.. Bsyds, enyeama is losing form
ummmmm na bad belly u b jo...
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by AdiezeBright(m): 7:30am On Jul 19, 2013
Enyeama shuld not be blame or drop 4 any mistake or blunder cus if NFF or d so called coach dat won AFCON not as a result of competence or experience, but by d grace of God & sum good aid like Inimitable Enyeama etc. Any 1 who tries 2 stop d liberator of Nigeria in AFCON after many years of disability, incompetence & limited effort 2 lift d trouphy, will 4reva regret his or her action. And NFF will make U a headline as a cog 2 d wheel of their progress. UP ENYEAMA, Beta days ahead!!
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Erg2000(m): 7:38am On Jul 19, 2013
I love his omission. It'll make him (Enyama) to know that he's not alpha and omega.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:40am On Jul 19, 2013
idnoble135:
that statement is too broad. Definitely, there would be keepers who have saved shots that were better than Forlan's.

Especially true when we remember what Vince did to Messi one-on-one in SA.

However, is one error enough to drop him? I kinda love the guy. Really humble in the light of all he's done with Super Eagles. Is something else in play here!
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by texaco1: 7:40am On Jul 19, 2013
Even cassilas and buffon can't save that second goal by diego forlan
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 19, 2013
If this happens to be truth,Ikeshorum (goalkeepers) trainer should be drop as well . As far as SE Enyiama is better than any other keeper from this Country apart from Peter Rufia . If u blame Enyiama for that goal. Watch again the goal Luis Fabiano score aganst Ivorian in 2010 World Cup .
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by texaco1: 7:52am On Jul 19, 2013
This story is misleading,I don't think eyaema was Dropped because of what happened in brazil,let us know that this is just a friendly game and it is also an avenue or opportunity for keshi to try new players ,keshi will never drop vincent whenever we have competitive matches.enyaema still remains the number 1 goal keeper for the SE

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Fransco23: 7:54am On Jul 19, 2013
The coach does nt kn wot he is doing.how was dat the keeper fault,what abt ur forwards that cud nt even score.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 19, 2013
Don Snoogy Pon: what a bad day for him ummm.....
sad yah very bad but I think this is a plus for South Africa grin cheiii maybe we will win this game oo.. Love both teams cry
CFCfan:
undecided grin
angry angry
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by scottpirlo24: 8:08am On Jul 19, 2013
I hope enyiama dropping was solely Keshi's decision cos am upbeat that d NFF vow not to allow keshi select team alone .... But if it is keshi decision , then Nigeria football has hope... Any professional footballer here will believe with me that by 2014 WC both Enyiama and Ejide will be out of age and depth.... Keshi want to bring up chigozie Agbim ... During their camping en route to conf cup , I have a friend that worked as an aid to the team told me that Chigozie Agbim of I guess ranger of Enugu was in a better shape than both foreign base goalies ... So keshi want to bring him in the lather and he can nt work straight to d top without following d stage , should Nigeria get to the WC , chigozie. Will be d 1st choice then goalie of hapel tela viv will be d 2nd choice .... Keshi has a plan let's allow him do the fin , if he can manage the big star studded Mali national team , he can do gr8 here , his possession game is already a testimony ... Remember spain did nt achieve their feet with finished players , they form a group and started playing tiki taka now the group has played 2geda for 7 - 8 yrs nw yet they have future in the likes of isco, oliver torres and co
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Stanlyag(m): 8:13am On Jul 19, 2013
Keshi shd have invited enyeama,and on matchday rest him,and chk out ejide and agbim.this would have stopped all dis storm raised now.in all that competition ,i didnt see a point when enyeama put afoot wrong.martins and taiwo dat he shd call to test their drive and form in this freindly ,he didnt.dont know what heavy bulky srikers will do 4 him.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by olumbacallistus: 8:19am On Jul 19, 2013
sambos994:

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2013/07/18/4126505/enyeama-dropped-because-of-confederations-cup-blunder?ICID=HP_HN_1
i really like what keshi did coz enyema's bragging is becoming more excessive than before. Lets see if he can change this time and learn 4rm his mistakes. BY SPLENDID
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by olavoice(m): 8:20am On Jul 19, 2013
blackmann: Some people do things without thinking sha. How was that 2nd goal the keeper's fault? Where were the defenders who were supposed to cover the keeper up? These dumb shaitheads always take one step forward and two steps backwards. No wonder our football is in shambles.
in a shambles
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Rhemmymatician(m): 8:23am On Jul 19, 2013
But how will a grown adult that claims to watch football, say Enyeama made an ERROR for the Uruguay goal. How? You know what they call error? Smh. While goalkeepers must have excellent split second reflexes, some angled or swerving shots are very tricky. 9 out of 10 times every 'Worldclass' keeper would tend towards the far post like enyeama did, and 9 out of 10 times a 'world class' striker with a left foot will aim that shot to the far post.
That said, I insist Forlan just hit that ball and hoped for the best because quite frankly, the defence was quickly closing up on him, Suarez was a few steps behind, so he either took that chance with the shot or hold up play for Suarez and others to come and risk wasting the counter. As a seasoned proffessional striker, he took the best decision a striker will take, andd was rewarded with the goal.
Note: when you 'slice' a shot, u HOpE that it goes into the net. Unlike when you 'place' it with the instep/ or when you hit it with the central top of the foot, where you have an idea where you want to put the shot.
Bottom line: Enyeama was DeFINITELY not dropped because of an error, because quite simply he didn't have any error!

2 Likes

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Reference(m): 8:26am On Jul 19, 2013
CFCfan: I disagree. No keeper in the world would have saved Forlan's shot.

Goes beyond that. Everyone can see that his game is in decline. The problem with goalkeeping is that you cannot tell when the guy is finished until it is too late. Moreover 2014 is a year away. A year is too far away.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by delords2: 8:31am On Jul 19, 2013
He Keshi should have been dropped too for not know the right combination of local and professional players to use.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Rhemmymatician(m): 8:32am On Jul 19, 2013
olumbacallistus: i really like what keshi did coz enyema's bragging is becoming more excessive than before. Lets see if he can change this time and learn 4rm his mistakes. BY SPLENDID
Did Enyeama brag to you?
Were you in attendance when he bragged?
Why say what is not true?
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by psychologist(m): 8:38am On Jul 19, 2013
;DNeymar vs casillas.....passes trend wif ma 6 packs less I hit no man
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by badekengryahoo: 8:49am On Jul 19, 2013
good for nigeria football
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 19, 2013
I went and looked at the highlights of that game and the goalie was not to blame: WHOEVER WAS WEARING JERSEY #22 FOR NIGERIA (WITH THE BANDAGE WRAPPED AROUND HIS HEAD) WAS SQUARELY TO BLAME FOR THAT GOAL. HE got near the Uruguayan attacker, then stopped! Maybe thats who needs to get dropped for not covering his goal.

p.s: If the goalie has been in charge since 2002, yeah, its time for him to give others a chance. 11+ yrs means he was probably in his late 20's early 30's when he started representing Nigeria (since we know how Nigerians stay faking their ages). He should let some younger age-faker take over the reigns. His time obviously is passed.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by somtooval: 9:12am On Jul 19, 2013
Enyeama did d best he culd,he's not2b blamed 4dat goal against Uruguay.Though I fink Keshi jst wanna give oda keepers chance
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by kid7soccer(m): 9:19am On Jul 19, 2013
Wat blunders, if not for him we for conced pass tahti, on forlans goal wat did u expect him to do, wer was the defence, beside i dont no of any keeper dat could keep dat forlan classis goal out. This is jus another politics. Stwhmm
sambos994:

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2013/07/18/4126505/enyeama-dropped-because-of-confederations-cup-blunder?ICID=HP_HN_1
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Goke7: 9:21am On Jul 19, 2013
We Nigerians are just getting worked up for nothing, no thanks to immature journalists who cause all sorts of controversies, this is just a friendly match for God's sake where opportunities are given to other players who are yet to get into the starting eleven, I bet you keshi would have to love to test more players but of course these immature journalists will start ranting again especially with the support of the likes of Oliseh and co. In life there will be priorities, the confed cup was never a priority for even NFF talk less of Keshi. This is just a friendly match with lowly ranked South Africa of which if we win, will not even help us on the FIFA rankings. When Enyeama begins to loose form, we Nigerians will blame Keshi again for not getting a replacement on time. We all know the abilities of Enyeama, let's also know the abilities of other Goal Keepers.

The same Goal.com also caused the controversy of Kenyans being treated badly when they came to Nigeria for the world cup qualifier, Goal.com was the website that pasted the pictures of the Kenyans training on a primary school play ground. Sometimes the media are the ones who causes conflict in teams and among their supporters/fans.

2 Likes

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 19, 2013
I hope e gets 2d top bck,jst as am climbin here
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by emorse(m): 9:27am On Jul 19, 2013
CFCfan: I disagree. No keeper in the world would have saved Forlan's shot.
I tire o!
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by ddeola: 9:27am On Jul 19, 2013
I don't want to believe that's the reason or else, I think Keshi himself should be sacked for his blunders in the tourney also. I look forward to a team that is devoid of sentiments and favoritism. That team will be hot like fire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kelechi Iheanacho Signs 2-year Extension Deal With Man City / Puyol Arrives Nigeria Today On 3-day Tour / Algeria Vs Nigeria : Tactical Formation Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.