Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,545 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:42 PM

Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids (4541 Views)

Man Catches His Mother With Her Lover, Attacked By Mum's Lover (photos) / Photo: See Billionaire Man Buries Mother With Hummer Jeep / Inspirational Interview Of A Single Mother With Three Special Needs Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by rhowly(m): 9:21pm On Jul 18, 2013
I honestly love children and don't abhor road travels in Nigeria. But traveling beside a mother with an infant & a toddler, always leaves me wanting to tear my hair out. angry They'd climb you, spill all kinds of fluid on your clothing and the mother's too busy trying to keep them in check (a good one anyway) she fails to notice your discomfort and consequently doesn't apologize. The children are always screaming, grabbing just plain annoying. I personally change seats when I can. NARRATE YOUR EXPERIENCES

2 Likes

Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
Help if you can and stop whining bro.
You can't chase them out to play, you know. Just visualizing your face and the state of your attire after the long journey will be a sight to behold.

3 Likes

Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by rhowly(m): 9:48pm On Jul 18, 2013
Dr young: Help if you can and stop whining bro.
You can't chase them out to play, you know. Just visualizing your face and the state of your attire after the long journey will be a sight to behold.
I usually do, help that is. Outside of a tight, cramped bus. Plus I don't have one of those faces that reveals much tongue so much for your enjoyment
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by tpia5: 10:42pm On Jul 18, 2013
What concerns nairaland?

Na here your social circle dey?
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 18, 2013
Lol grin

Play with the kids. The more you play the more tired they become. tongue (sometimes anyways)

Its not easy travelling with kids.

1 Like

Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by mgbeketoto: 3:12am On Jul 19, 2013
Some are just being children. . . .RESTLESS IN CLOSED ENVIRONMENT. . . .since they are out of their NATURAL HABITATS.
It can be pretty unnerving sha.
Poor, helpless parents. . . .I pity the parents more than the children. cheesy
They feel so lost and embarrassed!
Where do you draw the line?
After paying for A SERVICE. . . such as transportation. . . . it could be pretty irritating to have children ruin your experience . . . . .Damn! grin

3 Likes

Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by damiso(f): 6:49am On Jul 19, 2013
Eeya, sorry original poster I used to be exactly like you.Not that I did not like kids but my grouse was I paid for a service (normally a 6 hr flight or more)was probably soo tired before boarding, I hate flying now I have to cope with screaming children angry.If possible I would switch seats cos all I wanted to do when I fly is SLEEP.

Fast forward to now as a mother to two under 5's I feel so ashamed that I used to think that way.Travelling with young kids is one of the most STRESSFUL experiences ever.Even in your own car.Heck we even avoid as much as possible taking them to the shops grin grin grin grin.
I have said to my husband that we must all go on any over 6 hr trips so WE can chop the stress and embarrassment together cheesy.Afterall we made them together innit. grin.No ehn you guys go, il meet you next week, my leave has not been approved.We will wait till the leave has been approved tongue tongue.

OP sorry o, I know how you feel but young kids have a very short attention span and enclosed spaces makes that even worse.I empathise with you but believe me the parents are mortifird and if they dont apologise its the stress.Next time maybe play with kids as someone suggested to wear them out cos lets not kid ourselves the best outcome for all parties is for them to be asleep.

That said though I would sure hate paying for a more expensive seat (business or firstclass) and then find I have to contend with crying.Yeah more space but lil kids crying has the annoying echo and if I was an executive probably travelling for a business meeting, I would be sooo pissed.I would understand and empathise as a parent but I would still be pissed.

4 Likes

Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by rhowly(m): 10:48am On Jul 19, 2013
kiss oh well. I honestly feel for d mothers really. I guess that might change when I have mine oh well. I honestly feel for d mothers really. I guess that might change when I have mine .thank you
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 19, 2013
Se wan day, you no go born your own pikin Abi you think say she dey enjoy dia spitting and screaming too
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by EfemenaXY: 11:02am On Jul 19, 2013
Ezeed: Se wan day, you no go born your own pikin Abi you think say she dey enjoy dia spitting and screaming too

Don't mind him jare.

Insensitive brute.
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 19, 2013
It's not easy really. I always help with the slimmer of the two.
I helped one day and unfortunately, the fatter one on her Mum's laps faced me and vomitted all over me. The driver had to park for the Mum to get me water to wash the affected parts. sad
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 19, 2013
@OP
I love kids but i feel ur pain. Sometimes u just need ur peace and quiet but these little tots wouldn't let u be. Grabbing and staining ur clothes. . .lol. Guess that's why they are kids. The key is tolerance instead of getting unnecessarily worked up.

1 Like

Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 19, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Don't mind him jare.

Insensitive brute.
he's not insensitive cos he usually helps just that it gets to him.
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 19, 2013
@op in my experience tolerance is d key. Eventually d noise and screaming blends in.

1 Like

Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 19, 2013
Op,u don't hv to be pissed off no matter what.u were once like them.how I wish ur mum is around to tell ur tale.not as if it will last for eternity.
Which one is even better; a nebor's noisy generator that will bleep all night after a hard and stressful day at work and some little innocent cuties living in their own world which all of us passed tru for a period.endure it if u can't play with them or carry them.we all r guilty of that.

2 Likes

Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by rhowly(m): 5:08pm On Jul 19, 2013
Ify Angela: @op in my experience tolerance is d key. Eventually d noise and screaming blends in.
thank you my dear. dunno why some folks are unnecessarily upset. undecided
Ify Angela: @op in my experience tolerance is d key. Eventually d noise and screaming blends in.
thank you my dear. dunno why some folks are unnecessarily upset.
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by greatgod2012(f): 6:55pm On Jul 19, 2013
@op, you are here talking about mother of two kids, havent you seen mother of 3 or 4 kids, even the mother would have begged you to help her lap one of the kids, so, if this happens, what will you do? , knowing fully well that when you are with one, others will also want to come play with him, so, tolerance is the key, nothing much one can really do about it, we have also been a child before, and another thing is, if you are the mother, how would you want other passengers siting near you to treat your kids. So, you gotta love and tolerate them as if they are your children, with that, you wont be pissed at them.
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 20, 2013
Lol.I was once in your shoes.there was a time I was in a flight to another state and this restless kids kept screaming,yelling and shouting.while people where still entering,I just quickly relocated to another sit because I was tired and not ready for any child drama nonsense.moreover I was wearing white and I didn't want to get to where I am going looking all dirty and messed up.when the flight was about to take off the air hostess were announcing that everyone should switch off their phones and all that so I couldn't block my ears from hearing the kids noise.when I couldn't stand it again I yelled out madam please would you control your kids for goodness sakes.how can I pay for a flight to so and so place and I won't know peace till I get to where I am going.I don't know how she was able to put her kids in check but before we landed,I didn't hear any screaming child again

Second experience.I wasn't able to finish my office work on friday and so I brought it home to do on saturday since my boss said he needed it on monday because he was going for a seminar and all that so I needed perfect silence to work.while cooking,I was hearing the crying and screaming of my neighbors child.I ignored it and presumed the mother was around and will do something about it.when the noise persisted for over an hour,I had to go and meet them,unfortunatly I didn't see anyone at home.I knocked the door of their sittingroom,checked their kitchen and dinning.no one in sight except a 2year old child crying.I was in no mood to babysit because I had loads of work to do so I went to my place,picked my phone and called the mom,it was saying switched off so I was forced to call the dad,he said he is at work (I think he does all this shift work).I said your baby is crying,I don't know where his mom is and this child has been making noise since and the door to your house is opened.he said i should help him take care of his baby,he is on his way home and I said because I don't have work to do right.he begged me and since I didn't have a choice I had to carry the baby to my apartment.I left him in my room because I didn't want him to tamper with the wires of the tv and laptop on the table while doing my work.within the next 1o minutes ihe started crying again.I didn't know what he was crying about so I ignored him and continued with my work.before I could say jack robinson,the child had defeacated on himseld and my rug I put him on.no pampers on him and all.still thinking of what to do and angry about the distraction,I cleaned him up and went to buy pampers and strapped it in his private part.within 2hours the mom came back.I was so angry with her and told her that the next time this nonsense happens,I will report you guys to the landlord.what kinnd of stupidity is that to leave your son in the house making noise to go to wherever.if I decided to behave like the others and ignore this child maybe you will be on your way to the hospital.while still shouting at her,her husband came.ishe was standing there looking confused and embarassed.the husband was about apologizing,I said no meed,mumy tayo,go to my room now and clean up the mess your son did,take dettol and air freshner with you o.she wanted to start explaining,I said no need for explanation,I have already told you what I will do if this thrash happens again.to cut the long story short,she cleaned it and I was able to complete my work in peace.the stentch in my room that I locked was gone after she finished

1 Like

Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 20, 2013
Damn Kulyie. You could be in the Mother's shoes one day.....
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 20, 2013
@kulyie, you harsh o. I don't think I would have the heart to behave like that to a child no matter what. Anytime situations like this arise, I tell myself its an opportunity to prepare myself for the future because I know I could find myself in the same situation. As for the woman who left the child in the house, there is the possibility that the child was asleep before she left and she decided to leave the child instead of disrupting his sleep. God help us all.
Re: Traveling Beside A Mother With Two Kids by biolabee(m): 10:34am On Jul 20, 2013
I feel d wahala sha.. But na so life be

Paying it fwd

That was utter irresponsibility leaving a child unattended at home

An infant for that matter
I support you for that one. The first one not so sure but I feel you sha

Kuly kuly fire fighta grin
Nothing do you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dear Married Men, Powerful Messages From Pastor Tony Rapu To You / Should You Confront A Dishonest Spouse Or Collect Evidence? / My Husband Has A Secret Life And I No Longer Trust Him, Help Me Plz What Do I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.