Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. (8791 Views)

I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back / What Motivates Diasporans To Relocate Back To Nigeria? / Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by toshacer: 7:23pm On May 23, 2008
I went for the very first time to Nigeria - spent 10 days precisely and I must say I love Nigeria - I wonder why the whole people say Nigeria is bad - is this is that - from the Lagos Airport - very welcoming people - the Lagos local airport was just too beautiful, bigger than the international airport of some countries I have been to - nice bus ride from the terminal to the plane - nice, state of the art facilities. The flight to Abuja was splendid - Abuja was another splendour of a city, in short, I didnt beleive I was in Nigeria - nice parks, nice roads, lovely city view, I got hooked to Abuja, simply.

Port Harcourt was brilliant, Calabar was adorable, oh my God - why do people say Nigeria is bad? Hmm - the most interesting part was what? Ladies - come and see pretty ladies - not like those Nigerian ladies in America/London that cold and stress has turned them into witch looking people - come and see girls in Lagos/Abuja - oh boy - boy - my pe nis was forever rising - hard and erect - just looking at them girls - wow - Nigeria is the place - this is what I call 20th century Nigeria - a sight so lovely.

I have asked my company to relocate me to Abuja - I just want to be in amongst the ladies - wowowowow - come with me if you dare.

1 Like

Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by mishooo(m): 7:47pm On May 23, 2008
Bros, Naija is 'how you look at it'. if you've got your dough, you'll live peacefully and enjoy your freedom. but of course there's the other bad parts too that will rear their ugly heads soon like utilities et al. But things are always the way you choose to look at it. And the people are always accomodating. If your heart is evil, you'll definately meet bad people before long. but if otherwise, you dont have any problem.

ENJOY my bruv.
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by ty4real(m): 7:59pm On May 23, 2008
tosh_acer:

I went for the very first time to Nigeria - spent 10 days precisely and I must say I love Nigeria - I wonder why the whole people say Nigeria is bad - is this is that - from the Lagos Airport - very welcoming people - the Lagos local airport was just too beautiful, bigger than the international airport of some countries I have been to - nice bus ride from the terminal to the plane - nice, state of the art facilities. The flight to Abuja was splendid - Abuja was another splendour of a city, in short, I didnt beleive I was in Nigeria - nice parks, nice roads, lovely city view, I got hooked to Abuja, simply.

Port Harcourt was brilliant, Calabar was adorable, oh my God - why do people say Nigeria is bad? Hmm - the most interesting part was what? Ladies - come and see pretty ladies - not like those Nigerian ladies in America/London that cold and stress has turned them into witch looking people - come and see girls in Lagos/Abuja - oh boy - boy - my pe nis was forever rising - hard and erect - just looking at them girls - wow - Nigeria is the place - this is what I call 20th century Nigeria - a sight so lovely.
I have asked my company to relocate me to Abuja - I just want to be in amongst the ladies - wowowowow - come with me if you dare.

Good to hear someone talk about Nigeria in such a good way,I hope your company relocates you back to Nigeria but I pity your life oooo,Look you go do tire,na you go quench at the end of the day grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;DNigeria beautiful country woth beautiful babes,but you ve got to be discipline cool cool cool cool
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 23, 2008

na waooo,Thank God someone wants to relocate to nigeria,enjoy ur stay my brother,but pls always remember dat AIDS ADISA IS REAL wink

1 Like

Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by HRhotness(f): 8:05pm On May 23, 2008
Ofcourse you'll see the good in Nigeria

you dont have to wake up in the morning not knowing where your next meal will come from even though you graduted with honours over 5 yrs ago and havent been able to work a day since graduation.

that is what people complain about when they nigeria isnt good,
next time you vist i will advise u visit the slums of lagos with no water or electricity
or the communities in the niger delta who even tho the county's wealth is drawn form their land have nothing to show for it and live in abject poverty

1 Like

Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by TheSly: 8:07pm On May 23, 2008
Haaa!!! cheesy

Your new favorite line would be. . . . . .UPPPPPPPPPP. . .Nepppaaaaaaaa!!!! . . . .Anytime the light is on cheesy grin
Be ready to curse Nepa errtime you're watching an interesting movie and the light suddenly goes off. . .Owww cheesy grin
Bro!!! Good luck. . . . grin
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by funkybaby(f): 8:50pm On May 23, 2008
tosh_acer:

Port Harcourt was brilliant, Calabar was adorable, oh my God - why do people say Nigeria is bad? Hmm - the most interesting part was what? Ladies - come and see pretty ladies - not like those Nigerian ladies in America/London that cold and stress has turned them into witch looking people - come and see girls in Lagos/Abuja - oh boy - boy - my pe nis was forever rising - hard and erect - just looking at them girls - wow - [/b]Nigeria is the place - this is what I call 20th century Nigeria - a sight so lovely.

I have asked my company to relocate me to Abuja - [b]I just want to be in amongst the ladies - wowowowow
- come with me if you dare.

Lmao! Lol. grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin

Orisirisi.

If you can relocate to Abuja, you will really like it there. The traffic congestion alone in Lagos is more than enough reason for you to relocate.
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 23, 2008
he he he grin grin grin grin @funkybaby

im sure by d time d poster stays in lagos for 1 month ,na leg him go use go back to him base cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by akinalabi(m): 10:13pm On May 23, 2008
@ poster,

You're just like me. I love it in Nigeria and can't imagine living
in any other country again.

People will discourage you but it's up to you to decide what
you want to do with your life.

Where do you think you will be better off?

You're the only one that can answer that question.

HR.hotness:

next time you vist i will advise u visit the slums of lagos with no water or electricity
or the communities in the niger delta who even tho the county's wealth is drawn form their land have nothing to show for it and live in abject poverty

Why does he have to visit those places?
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by toshacer: 11:39pm On May 23, 2008
I am amazed at Nigerians - they never see anything good in their country but outsiders like us see everything great in that country. I cant understand.
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by chiso03: 4:53am On May 24, 2008
Hi
My husband relocated to Lagos 3 weeks ago and me and three kids will be joining him pretty soon. Nigeria is a very vibrant place right now but you have to be in the right job/business, at the right place, at the right time. He's writing an interesting blog about his experience. Check it out
http://www.nnobihouse..com/

Chi'
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by tyna1(f): 8:40am On May 24, 2008
@poster before i say anything where are you from? and where is your base?
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by superman(m): 10:37am On May 24, 2008
enough as it sound the ones that keep swing their ulgy head are the ones that lives in overseas. i mean the ones that got a lot of zeals to discourage u !

But i must say i never no nigerians gals are this nice u know course i just dnt know what went wrong with the ones in london where this AKA superman is.The ones back home look so much nicer than these furstrated ones that keep on puttin you of. when i was in nigeria last dec my skin went so dark like that south african baboon called MPELE on the other thread, i was like huh, how come these babes wey dey here just de glow shiny shine like this ha!

you in this world u got to have some kind of soldier mentality in order to fly high in the sky. some of these folks in here has already denounced nigeria while at the other hand they will still love to sells cars from oversea to nigerians. some of them see nigeria as a tourist desendence hahha, when age catch up with them, they realise its time to build a house in nigeria

well something got to change for good
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by akinalabi(m): 11:33am On May 24, 2008
@ Sienna,

Of course no country is 100% good. Infact, Naija is just about
5% good. grin

He has decided to enjoy the 5% and I see nothing wrong with
that.

I don't think it's necessary to go to those places for the sake
of "balance things by seeing "

I've lived 28 years in total in Nigeria and I've not even been
to the Niger Delta to see those places HR.hotness refered
to.

He doesn't have to see them to live and be happy in Naija.
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by coolier(f): 6:13pm On May 24, 2008
Just shine your eyes well well! grin
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by toshacer: 11:18pm On May 24, 2008
if you are Nigerian and see nothing good in the country that I visited, then you must be totally out of your mind.
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by bigfather(m): 11:28pm On May 24, 2008
tosh_acer:

if you are Nigerian and see nothing good in the country that I visited, then you must be totally out of your mind.

True Yarns bro. Welcome to Naija !

Don't know why they make naija look like a dark spot. When dem start to dey kill una like the south africans are doing,na that time una go sabi una country .
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by dnative(m): 11:35pm On May 24, 2008
Wetin the South Africans dey do now wey our mallams never do up north for own backyard here?
Una too dey forget that quckly?
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by akinalabi(m): 9:29am On May 25, 2008
Siena:

I guess folk like countries for different reasons.

You've hit the nail on the head. That is the point everyone else
misses. We all have our reasons for choosing where we want to
live.

I love the UK for many reasons and I found it difficult to relocate
to Naija. I still miss the UK and whenever I have time, I pop in
to see my folks.

But I' searched my soul and I knew deep down that my chances
of success in my business is 100 times higher if I live in Nigeria.

I had my reasons. . . The poster has his reasons. He is not allowing
stereotypes to dictate his life decisions like many people do.
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by akinalabi(m): 9:37am On May 25, 2008
tosh_acer:

I feel you.

I still don't understand why people still don't see anything good
in Naija.

Everywhere I turn to, I see countless opportunities that can turn
people to what they will probaly never be abroad. Opportunities
waiting to be tapped at ridiculously low costs.

But I must warn you. . .

Social infastructure is almost zero here so you must be prepared
to provide everything for yourself.

1 Like

Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by Tonim(f): 9:59am On May 25, 2008
@all

I guess @ tosh_acer felt what he witnessed in Nigeria was in contrast to what he's heard about the place.
Every country has its pluses and minuses, so I guess @tosh_acer was surprised to see the pluses.

[remember the western media depicts the entire country (100%) as one big slum]
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by toshacer: 10:21am On May 25, 2008
I actualy went to the interior places - the so called rural places - I experienced their way of life - but, the amazing thing was that - they were very very happy - it doesnt seem their "poverty" worries them - and to think of poverty, most of them sponsor their wards to the University and higher institution - hence, they don't think they are realy poor - remember, most people in advanced countries even have to secure loans with big interests lines to go to school, my point is this, even though they are painted as poor, they are still happy and think less of the city social infrastructure that is missing.

The cities I went are sophisticated, bus lanes, who will tell me there are bus lanes in Lagos and I will beleive? I saw bus lanes, I saw working traffic ligts, I saw people obeying traffic rules, so - what is the fuss about the country being bad?

About electricity, yes, it goes off, but hey - so what? Does that make the country as bad as even the Nigerians on this forum writes about the country - every country has the bad and the plus - even America.

I saw parks in Lagos, green lawns, I saw street lightings - nice round abouts - bridges, nice lanes - wide roads, so - what the fuss? I saw happy people at the malls - I saw people buying TV sets that costs 4,000 pounds and more with cash, I saw people happy every where - so please tel me, why is the country said to be in bad shape?

In the malls - noone pays with credit cards like here, people buy things and pay cash - that means they have the money - who dare buy a TV that costs £4000 pounds in Europe with cash? Its all credit, and you say there is no money in Nigeria? I saw cars that I have not seen else where, yes, especially Lagos. Its like everyone in Lagos rides a Jeep - a Cadillac, a Bentley or an Alfa Romeo.

I saw guys handsome, cute, with fashion wears like that of models, I saw cute office guys, ladies, etc - so, why wont I want to live amongst them, or who wants to live in the cold for 365 days a year?

Men, convince me otherwise.
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by Pennywise(m): 11:59am On May 25, 2008
@Poster,
Not sure what your true expectations were but as someone who has done a bit of travel in the western world, I can tell you there is abundant life in Nigeria. And I hope your desire to get posted to Abuja becomes reality that way you can live your dream at very little cost.
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by londoner: 1:13pm On May 25, 2008
I can relate to the Abuja experience. there were some things which reminded me, yep I am in Nigeria (nepa etc). However, much of the time I did have to keep telling myself I am actually in Nigeria.

Quite a few of my friend or their friends are relocating to Nigeria, these were people born abroad.

To tell you the truth I'm actually considering relocating to Abuja too, at least for a while.
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by tyna1(f): 5:27pm On May 25, 2008
I am very happy that we are relocating back to Nigeria after many years aboard
I can't wait,counting days now.There are many of business opportunities in Nigeria;
even though am scared of the kidnapping in Port Harcourt.I am still excited because
there is no place like home grin grin
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 25, 2008
I am very happy that we are relocating back to Nigeria after many years aboard
I can't wait,counting days now.There are many of business opportunities in Nigeria;
even though am scared of the kidnapping in Port Harcourt.I am still excited because
there is no place like home grin grin

thats it honey ,preach it kiss kiss kiss
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by KollyJay(m): 8:51pm On May 25, 2008
@ Poster,

Look man, One of the best thing about nigerians is that, pple re really welcoming. Once they know you re a stranger/visitor, they will treat you just the way they will treat a vice president! Lol, grin.

And you considering living in Abuja is the best choice you've got. If only you can provide your electricity which is the major problem, then u will really love it here.

And to you guys out there, when will you start seeing something good about your father's land? God will help you o, I always say that your situation or experience will always control your expression. My advice, if you re not enjoying the cold out there, y cant you come back?

Take care,
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by babycool(f): 11:45am On May 26, 2008
@ Poster,

People choose to see what they want to see, you saw the good in Nigeria, I thank God for you. Please don't let some people with their bad mouths discourage you, it is still the the same people that discourage fellow Nigerians from relocating to the UK saying that life there is hard and expensive bla bla, one thing i know is that there are always naturally 'enemies of progress' prowling around, they never have a good story to tell!

If you want to relocate to Nigeria, you are highly welcome, I have added you to my list of the few people I think highly of in this forum, and please when you get to Abuja, feel free to buzz me incase you need any assistance.

Cheers!
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by ty4real(m): 1:59pm On May 26, 2008
@Poster!
Really,if you have your money,Nigeria is the best place to live ooo,but without money in that country or a cosistent means of good income,you will regret ever desiring to stay there. wink wink
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by whitechriz(m): 2:25pm On May 26, 2008
, LOOOOK

UWA WOO PAW PAWS MEN YOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I LOVE THIS STUPID COUNTRY STUPIDLY LOOOOOOOK MAKAE I TELL YOU GUYS , THE PROBLEM WITH ME IS THAT I DON T LIKE TYPING ALOT , IF NOT I GO WRITE ARTICLE ABOUT NIJA , U GET MONEY OOOH U NO GET MONEY YOU GO WETIN OBASANJO DEY DO OK .

STOP SHIT AND FACE THE FACT , THIS COUNTRY NA BOMB PPL JUST DONT KNOW WHAT THEY WANT SIMPLE , WHAT DO YOU WANT ALL YOU FORRINGER , ? WE HAVE IT HERE OK

GOD BLESS MY NIJA KISSSSES
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by lucabrasi(m): 7:44pm On May 26, 2008
@poster
glad you had loads fun in naija and i agree with you 100% on your move to nigeria,sort the light issue out by having a generating set and sort your security out as well and u ll have evn more fun when u settle down in nigeria,i wish i was in your shoes and i hope very soon ill be when im done here, dont let a lot of people on here discourage you,thats the peculiar thing about some nigerians which is affecting the country,they ll praise the western world to the high heavens but demonise nigerians and nigeria, thank GOD u have seen the socalled ghetto areas and the warmth these people radiate in spite of their poverty,do your thing without any fear for these that like it abroad then good for u but dont discourage ppl with your bad mouth and dooms day prophesies,
Re: 10 Days In Nigeria And I Am Planning To Relocate To Nigeria. by toshacer: 8:17pm On May 26, 2008
Thanks to all contributors - I am someone who likes chalenges, so, wether there is light or there is no light, wether there is security or not - which country is 100% safe? None - so - the same way people find reason to migrate abroad and suffer, the same way I have found it great to migrate to Nigeria and have fun.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa Processing Time / My First Journey To Lagos-experience And Hidden Lessons By Rocasmilatos. / Abuja Airport Records 1.02m Passengers In Q1 – FAAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.