Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President (18937 Views)

"Northern Youths" Threaten To "Extinguish" AIT If Buhari Doesn't Win (Letter) / 2015: Northern Youths Vow To Mobilise Support For Jonathan / Northern Youths Challenge Buhari Over Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by fydence: 7:50am On Jul 19, 2013
The Arewa Youth Movement, after a rigorous screening exercise, has listed 60 Nigerians, most of them of northern extraction, to succeed Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan as President of the Federal republic of Nigeria. These are persons they believe can tackle the present level of underdevelopment, insecurity and disunity in the country.
Although the nominees cut across different ideological orientations and political parties, they are mainly liberals, progressives and even radicals. Three names have been selected from each state, on the basis of geo-political representation and considerations that favour merit as well as ethnic, gender and religious inclusiveness. Clearly, some states have stronger candidates than others, and the process is continuous, based on agreed criteria for further pruning.
In drawing up the list, consideration was also given to leaders from different vocational backgrounds. Additional criteria included credibility, good education, consistency, reasonable levels of low or lack of corruption, public sector experience, patriotism, national and international acceptability, and firmness and strength of character to implement fundamental development projects.
The Movement is very optimistic that one of its nominees will emerge as the next President of Nigeria, after a continuing process of processing, including public debates and public scrutiny of the potentials of the candidates. The other nominees will then be expected to support the winner to run the country well on the basis of collective leadership.
If for any reason, the President is to come from the South, three nominees:
1. Chief Emeka Anyaoku;
2. Dr. Donald Duke; and
3. Governor Rotimi Amaechi,
are to be considered.

THE SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES FROM THE NORTH ARE:
ADAMAWA
1. Atiku Abubakar, former Vice President.
2. General Mohammed Marwa, former Military Governor.
3. Nuhu Ribadu, Lawyer, former Chairman, EFCC.
BAUCHI
1. Senator Dr. Ibrahim Yakubu Lame, former Minister, educationist.
2. Amina As-Zubair, United Nations official, former Presidential Adviser.
3. Governor Isa Yuguda, former Minister, Politician.
BENUE
1. Senator George Akume, former Governor of Benue.
2. Chief Audu Ogbe, former PDP National Chairman, former Minister.
3. Dr. Yima Sen, Activist, former UN official, former Presidential Adviser, Academic.
BORNO
1. Professor Nur Alkali, former presidential Adviser, former Vice Chancellor, former DG of NIPSS, Academic.
2. Alhaji Mohammadu Goni, former Military Governor.
3. Professor Sunday Bwala, Academic.
GOMBE
1. Senator Audu Idris Umar
2. Mallam Murtala Aliyu, former Federal Perm Sec.
3. Ambassador, General Timothy Shelpildi
JIGAWA
1. Governor Sule Lamido, Politician.
2. Ambassador Ibrahim Musa Kazaure, politician.
3. Barr. Ali Saad B. Kudu, former Governor, Politician.
KADUNA
1. Professor Ango Abdullahi, Academic, former Vice Chancellor, community leader.
2. Mallam Nasir El Rufai, former Minister, Professional.
3. Senator Esther Nenadi Usman, former Minister.
KANO
1. Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso, former parliamentarian.
2. Dr. Jibo Ibrahim, Activist, Academic.
3. Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau, former Governor, Educationist.
KATSINA
1. General Muhammadu Buhari, former Head of State, former Minister.
2. Dr. Usman Bugaje, former Presidential Adviser, former Parliamentarian.
3. Senator Kanti Bello, Politician.
KEBBI
1. Senator Mohammed Aliero, former Governor. Politician.
2. General Tanko Ayuba, former Military Governor.
3. Dr. Mohammadu Bello, former Minister, Politician.
KOGI
1. Chief Patrick Adaba, former Deputy Governor, University Administrator.
2. Professor Francis Idachaba, former Vice Chancellor, Academic.
3. Professor Mike Kwanashie, Academic, Vice Chancellor.
KWARA
1. Senator Bukola Saraki, former Governor, Medical Doctor.
2. Senator Shaaba Lafiagi, former Governor.
3. Professor Ibrahim Gambari, UN official, Former Minister, Academic.

NASARAWA
1. Senator Solomon Ewuga, former Minister, Lawyer.
2. Mallam Rufai Ibrahim, Journalist, Publisher, Lawyer.
3. Dr. Hassan Lawal, Politician, former Minister, lawyer.
NIGER
1. Governor Babangida Aliyu, former Federal Perm Sec.
2. Senator Zainab Kure, Politician.
3. Professor Amina Mama, Activist, Academic, University Administrator.
PLATEAU
1. Senator, General John Shagaya, former Minister, Politician.
2. Professor Sonni Tyoden, Academic, former Vice Chancellor.
3. Senator John Wash Pam, former Deputy Senate President.
SOKOTO
1. Rt. Hon Aminu Tambuwal, lawyer, politician/legislator.
2. Mallam Muktar Shagari, former Minister, Deputy Governor.
3. Senator Aliyu Mai Sango Abubakar III.
TARABA
1. Barr Baba Adi, Businessman, Lawyer, Politician.
2. Rt. Hon Simon Dogari, former Speaker, University Administrator.
3. Ambassador Suleiman Zubairu, Politician, former Ambassador.
YOBE
1. Senator Bukar Abba Ibrahim, former Governor. Politician.
2. General Alwali Kazir, former Chief of Army Staff.
3. Senator Ahmed Ibrahim Lawal
ZAMFARA
1. General Aliyu Gusau, former National Security Adviser.
2. Senator Kabir Garba Marafa, Politician.
3. Senator Yau Sahabi Alhaji, Politician.

ABDULRAHMAN ABU HAMISU BUHARI MUHAMMED BELLO JEGA
National Coordinator National Secretary

http://www.theheraldng.com/these-are-our-candidates-for-president-in-2015-arewa-lists-60-individuals-full-details/
Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by sambas: 7:51am On Jul 19, 2013
I have always told my dad! dad don't worry one day i shall be the first to comment, Dancing Alingo.Back to the matter i think anybody from Kogi state is always one step ahead of all those rubbish candidates AYM has proposed, by the way they are youth, why didn't they include the NANS president. Rubbish! i shall only vote against gej if he is contesting with anybody from Kogi state. long live Nigeria, long live Kogi state and long live my father for making it possible for me to be the first to comment.

21 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by omongbatic: 7:56am On Jul 19, 2013
When did Donald Duke become a doctor?
Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by traffickz(m): 7:58am On Jul 19, 2013
ThE so called youths are Bunch of Money seekers from the so called politicians.

What's all these about who should become president?

P O V E R T Y seeking Property.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by Willy4Willy: 8:01am On Jul 19, 2013
fydence: The Arewa Youth Movement, after a rigorous screening exercise, has listed 60 Nigerians, most of them of northern extraction, to succeed Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan as President of the Federal republic of Nigeria. These are persons they believe can tackle the present level of underdevelopment, insecurity and disunity in the country.
Although the nominees cut across different ideological orientations and political parties, they are mainly liberals, progressives and even radicals. Three names have been selected from each state, on the basis of geo-political representation and considerations that favour merit as well as ethnic, gender and religious inclusiveness. Clearly, some states have stronger candidates than others, and the process is continuous, based on agreed criteria for further pruning.
In drawing up the list, consideration was also given to leaders from different vocational backgrounds. Additional criteria included credibility, good education, consistency, reasonable levels of low or lack of corruption, public sector experience, patriotism, national and international acceptability, and firmness and strength of character to implement fundamental development projects.
The Movement is very optimistic that one of its nominees will emerge as the next President of Nigeria, after a continuing process of processing, including public debates and public scrutiny of the potentials of the candidates. The other nominees will then be expected to support the winner to run the country well on the basis of collective leadership.
If for any reason, the President is to come from the South, three nominees:
1. Chief Emeka Anyaoku;
2. Dr. Donald Duke; and
3. Governor Rotimi Amaechi,
are to be considered.

ADAMAWA
2. General Mohammed Marwa, former Military Governor.
3. Nuhu Ribadu, Lawyer, former Chairman, EFCC.
BAUCHI
1. Senator Dr. Ibrahim Yakubu Lame, former Minister, educationist.
2. Amina As-Zubair, United Nations official, former Presidential Adviser.
3. Governor Isa Yuguda, former Minister, Politician.
BENUE
1. Senator George Akume, former Governor of Benue.
2. Chief Audu Ogbe, former PDP National Chairman, former Minister.
3. Dr. Yima Sen, Activist, former UN official, former Presidential Adviser, Academic.
BORNO
1. Professor Nur Alkali, former presidential Adviser, former Vice Chancellor, former DG of NIPSS, Academic.
2. Alhaji Mohammadu Goni, former Military Governor.
3. Professor Sunday Bwala, Academic.
GOMBE
1. Senator Audu Idris Umar
2. Mallam Murtala Aliyu, former Federal Perm Sec.
3. Ambassador, General Timothy Shelpildi
JIGAWA
1. Governor Sule Lamido, Politician.
2. Ambassador Ibrahim Musa Kazaure, politician.
3. Barr. Ali Saad B. Kudu, former Governor, Politician.
KADUNA
1. Professor Ango Abdullahi, Academic, former Vice Chancellor, community leader.
2. Mallam Nasir El Rufai, former Minister, Professional.
3. Senator Esther Nenadi Usman, former Minister.
KANO
1. Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso, former parliamentarian.
2. Dr. Jibo Ibrahim, Activist, Academic.
3. Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau, former Governor, Educationist.
KATSINA
1. General Muhammadu Buhari, former Head of State, former Minister.
2. Dr. Usman Bugaje, former Presidential Adviser, former Parliamentarian.
3. Senator Kanti Bello, Politician.
KEBBI
1. Senator Mohammed Aliero, former Governor. Politician.
2. General Tanko Ayuba, former Military Governor.
3. Dr. Mohammadu Bello, former Minister, Politician.
KOGI
1. Chief Patrick Adaba, former Deputy Governor, University Administrator.
2. Professor Francis Idachaba, former Vice Chancellor, Academic.
3. Professor Mike Kwanashie, Academic, Vice Chancellor.
KWARA
1. Senator Bukola Saraki, former Governor, Medical Doctor.
2. Senator Shaaba Lafiagi, former Governor.
3. Professor Ibrahim Gambari, UN official, Former Minister, Academic.

NASARAWA
1. Senator Solomon Ewuga, former Minister, Lawyer.
2. Mallam Rufai Ibrahim, Journalist, Publisher, Lawyer.
3. Dr. Hassan Lawal, Politician, former Minister, lawyer.
NIGER
1. Governor Babangida Aliyu, former Federal Perm Sec.
2. Senator Zainab Kure, Politician.
3. Professor Amina Mama, Activist, Academic, University Administrator.
PLATEAU
1. Senator, General John Shagaya, former Minister, Politician.
2. Professor Sonni Tyoden, Academic, former Vice Chancellor.
3. Senator John Wash Pam, former Deputy Senate President.
SOKOTO
1. Rt. Hon Aminu Tambuwal, lawyer, politician/legislator.
2. Mallam Muktar Shagari, former Minister, Deputy Governor.
3. Senator Aliyu Mai Sango Abubakar III.
TARABA
1. Barr Baba Adi, Businessman, Lawyer, Politician.
2. Rt. Hon Simon Dogari, former Speaker, University Administrator.
3. Ambassador Suleiman Zubairu, Politician, former Ambassador.
YOBE
1. Senator Bukar Abba Ibrahim, former Governor. Politician.
2. General Alwali Kazir, former Chief of Army Staff.
3. Senator Ahmed Ibrahim Lawal
ZAMFARA
1. General Aliyu Gusau, former National Security Adviser.
2. Senator Kabir Garba Marafa, Politician.
3. Senator Yau Sahabi Alhaji, Politician.

ABDULRAHMAN ABU HAMISU BUHARI MUHAMMED BELLO JEGA
National Coordinator National Secretary
Good list, but Jonathan is your president till 2019,

77 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by Danhumprey: 8:17am On Jul 19, 2013
Willy4Willy:
So you had to quote the whole post just to type that rubbish.......SMH angry

18 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by Dreal1247: 8:21am On Jul 19, 2013
They ar just wasting their time. What they could not achieve since 1960, is t in the yr 2016 that they think its possible. They have just succeeded in arousing the desire of some people who were not nursing the ambition of becoming a president, to give it a trial. But northerners should forget the presidential seat for now.

6 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by Willy4Willy: 8:22am On Jul 19, 2013
Danhumprey: So you had to quote the whole post just to type that rubbish.......SMH angry
Good you call it rubbish, but Jonathan is your President till 2019

41 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 19, 2013
DISCLAIMER: The Arewa Youth Movement does not in any way represents our views as youth from Northern extraction. They are a bunch of cheap propagandists looking for avenue to cause disaffection for selfish reasons best known to them shegu yan burauba. Be guided please.

18 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by Tolexander: 8:37am On Jul 19, 2013
presidency na football team!

2 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by Sealeddeal(m): 8:44am On Jul 19, 2013
And Southern Youth Movement said its President Goodluck Jonathan till 2019

30 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 19, 2013
Northern leaders lack foresight.. Look at the damage they did to this country thus far And they still have the balls to roll out candidates..mtcheeeeeew! And some mumus will still vote them... Fashola for president ! if you want change!

5 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 19, 2013
OVER MY DEAD BODY SAY NORTH RULE DIS COUNTRY AGAIN...

like if u agree

36 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by oboy3(m): 9:52am On Jul 19, 2013
Ok
Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by autumnflower(f): 9:56am On Jul 19, 2013
Willy4Willy:
all this kids on NL, seun you better do something abeg!

2 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by princesammmy: 9:57am On Jul 19, 2013
grin
Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by Babaofor(m): 9:57am On Jul 19, 2013
Sealeddeal: And Southern Youth Movement said its President Goodluck Jonathan till 2019
GBAM!!!jonathan we know.

9 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by musiwa33: 9:58am On Jul 19, 2013
grin
Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by Rooneyboy(m): 9:58am On Jul 19, 2013
fydence:
ADAMAWA

there's a BIG contradiction in their "highlighted criteria" and the number one person on the list.....

These AREWA guys are simply not serious.

When ever they are, they should let us know.

.......For now, na laugh I dey laugh their stupidity grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by Beync(f): 9:58am On Jul 19, 2013
This erewa youth football team thinks the position of the presidency is their community affair.

5 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by AGgal(f): 9:59am On Jul 19, 2013
President Donald Duke *sounds nice*

2 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by joshuaidibia(m): 9:59am On Jul 19, 2013
Story story!!! #EGBERI PAPA 1 OF NORTH#
Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by Sunnycliff(m): 10:00am On Jul 19, 2013
What does the North still want to achieve that they failed to achieve in Nigeria within their over 30yrs of ruling this nation

1 Like

Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by alaoeri: 10:00am On Jul 19, 2013
Laughing in swahili, jobless youth.
Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by DrDoGood1(m): 10:00am On Jul 19, 2013
sambas: I have always told my dad! dad don't worry one day i shall be the first to comment, Dancing Alingo.Back to the matter i think anybody from Kogi state is always one step ahead of all those rubbish candidates AYM has proposed, by the way they are youth, why didn't they include the NANS president. Rubbish! i shall only vote against gej if he is contesting with anybody from Kogi state. long live Nigeria, long live Kogi state and long live my father for making it possible for me to be the first to comment.

Son I am happy for u because u finally made ur dream come true, but sorry to announce to u that after reading ur comment, I have no other choice than to rush you to Yaba left, ......... back to the question u just ask me, u are not in ur new hostel, rather u are now in Psychiatrist Hospital.

1 Like

Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 19, 2013
Danhumprey: So you had to quote the whole post just to type that rubbish.......SMH angry

As in. I feel like slapping him twice!
Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by sofadj(m): 10:02am On Jul 19, 2013
So what were the criteria used? With Atiku and some others on that list I want to believe NO criterion was used and so this list should be ignored.
Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by sobaemma(m): 10:02am On Jul 19, 2013
rubbish,all i see on that list are list of people that paid bribe to them for cheap publicity graded by their amount,rubbish arewa that has no job and no future for this country all they know is themselves so give me one reason why they raise such issuewhy they listed it and made it public?its time people start using their sense in nigeria,a whole atiku no 1 listed on that rubbish list,what has he done as a vice president?tell me just one,even his own people during the primary election voted goodluck so that means he cant even be the governor of his state even if he contest,well i guess he paid highest for that list,atiku call way no gree finish for primary election
Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by Alideen14(m): 10:02am On Jul 19, 2013
Lol! Babangida Aliyu?? Isa Yuguda?? Ibrahim Shekarau?? Adamu Aleiro?? President?? Dey dont even know how to crack a joke. We need people like Labaran Maku and Jonah Jang so dat d joke will b funny enuf *smfh*

4 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 19, 2013
AG.gal:
President Donald Duke *sounds nice*

Yeah especially with the fact that he's sooo handsome, smart, ARTICULATE, SEXY, *exhales* the list goes on.
cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 19, 2013
Anyway, jobless youths. Can't totally blame em.
*catwalks away* cheesy
Re: Northern Youths Shortlist 60 Candidates For President by musiwa33: 10:05am On Jul 19, 2013
secret service has most of them on tape collecting bribe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnWabagCgKA

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

16 Highs And Lows Of Buhari’s Govt... Cable News / Lagos Election Will Be Rigged - Gbadamosi Claims / Governor Makinde Pays N180m Gratuity To 2013 Retirees In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.