Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,224 members, 7,780,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:02 PM

Droid VPN: Your Questions - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Droid VPN: Your Questions (66746 Views)

Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions / How To Use MTN Bis To Browse On Android Smartphones Through Droid VPN / Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Droid VPN: Your Questions by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 19, 2013
1. Is the droidvpn for speed?
2: Does it need a data plan either bis or bbm to function?
because whether bis or bbm most data are capped.
3: How does it function in other andriod tablet other than BB?
4: which of these are for MTN, Etisalat, Airtel, UDP, TCP, ICMP? and their ports

I am not asking much, because after downloading the droid+tun.ko app, which droid claim to work in unroot tablet, but when I input ICMP results comes, your device must be rooted.but it doesn't require that for udp and tcp.

So if it for speed and data saving I will keep,. it not I will un.install.

Finally, how can one make use their daily 100MB?

1 Like

Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by Borwe: 2:27pm On Jul 19, 2013
Yo forget that, just get gaeproxy app and click enable then your ready. Only problem is data limit is 10gb per day

4 Likes

Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by twosquare(m): 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2013
Borwe: Yo forget that, just get gaeproxy app and click enable then your ready. Only problem is data limit is 10gb per day
y does it disconnect often?
Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by Deblow: 4:12pm On Jul 19, 2013
10gb or 10mb per day?
Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by Nobody: 12:42am On Jul 21, 2013
@Borwe. What are the settings
They said the given 1G is for trial purpose
How can this data be used.
In My question, I haven't gotten to make use of their 100MB.
Another matter, I also found out, where your have no subscription, the droidvpn will connect, but will not browse.

1 Like

Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 21, 2013
1. Yes (if you upgrade to premium)
2. YES
3. Works on only android phones and tablets (there's a pc version called PDProxy)
4. Please Google search the meaning of VPN it can be used on any network
For mtn you connect with ICMP or UDP port 500

Since you connected to a free server you only have to use 100mb before you are disconnected

1 Like

Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 21, 2013
Brainrex: 1. Yes (if you upgrade to premium)
2. YES
3. Works on only android phones and tablets (there's a pc version called PDProxy)

Since you connected to a free server you only have to use 100mb before you are disconnected
What am asking is, how do I know am using their daily free 100MB from droidvpn?
Because when I crosscheck my subscribe data , it,s depreciates.
In summary, does one need to go premium either of droidvpn or gaeproxy to use their free data?
I use a universal open dongle, I have data plan in mtn and airtel, but it I insert a sims card, without data of credit, their app wil still connect, but it won't browse.
Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by Meklex(m): 3:27pm On Jul 21, 2013
Brainrex: 1. Yes (if you upgrade to premium)
2. YES

please, is there any free droidvpn premium download??
Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by Rexyl(m): 3:46pm On Jul 21, 2013
pls do driod VPN and geaproxy work on unrooted tablet?
Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by mjay(m): 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2013
Rexyl: pls do driod VPN and geaproxy work on unrooted tablet?

Yeah DROID now works on unrooted tabs
Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 21, 2013
indigene:
What am asking is, how do I know am using their daily free 100MB from droidvpn?
Because when I crosscheck my subscribe data , it,s depreciates.
In summary, does one need to go premium either of droidvpn or gaeproxy to use their free data?
I use a universal open dongle, I have data plan in mtn and airtel, but it I insert a sims card, without data of credit, their app wil still connect, but it won't browse.
The VPN is not your ISP
It's connects you to a proxy server to mask your IP so without a data plan you can't browse with this vpn

From the screenshots above I'm connected to a german server in frankfurt (I use a premium account)
As a free user you can only connect to free server's which is limited to 100MB daily

Please research on VPN virtual private network
Xample if I subscribe for mtn daily 10mb plan and connect with vpn, once i use more than 10mb droidvpn will stop sending /receiving data (browsing)

2 Likes

Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by smajatt(m): 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2013
Brainrex:
The VPN is not your ISP
It's connects you to a proxy server to mask your IP so without a data plan you can't browse with this vpn

From the screenshots above I'm connected to a german server in frankfurt (I use a premium account)
As a free user you can only connect to free server's which is limited to 100MB daily

Please research on VPN virtual private network
Xample if I subscribe for mtn daily 10mb plan and connect with vpn, once i use more than 10mb droidvpn will stop sending /receiving data (browsing)
pls hw wea u able to pay for d driod vpn
Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by Ogetogeo(m): 9:18pm On Jul 21, 2013
Rexyl: pls do driod VPN and geaproxy work on unrooted tablet?

DroidVPN only works on unrooted phones and tab running on Honeycomb and above. Anything below that like gingerbread needs root access.
Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by Nobody: 3:20am On Jul 22, 2013
Pls, if u want to upgrade ur DroidVpn account for unlimited downloads with MTN bis, feel free to contact me, then I wil tell u how to pay...
Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by ammanison(m): 3:34am On Jul 22, 2013
exxell: Pls, if u want to upgrade ur DroidVpn account for unlimited downloads with MTN bis, feel free to contact me, then I wil tell u how to pay...
pls help me i cant watch ustv and sybla tv with the droid vpn
Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by Rexyl(m): 7:38am On Jul 22, 2013
Ogetogeo:

DroidVPN only works on unrooted phones and tab running on Honeycomb and above. Anything below that like gingerbread needs root access.

thanks
Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by haykay2005: 7:46am On Jul 22, 2013
pls my Tablet is not rooted (4.2) .droidvpn will not load any site and app that require login(facebook web n app, yahoo web and app, watsappp etc. ) my settings is udp 500.
solution please
Ogetogeo:

pls my Tablet is not rooted (4.2) .droidvpn will not load any site and app that require login(facebook web n app, yahoo web and app, watsappp etc. ) my settings is udp 500.
solution please
Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by Borwe: 8:57am On Jul 22, 2013
To all you users of gaeproxy and potential users.

Gae proxy works in the same way as droidvpn,you do not need root access to use it and you only get 10gb free allowance per day. Please not all you need to do is download from google store andand using an appropriate apn for you blackberry services click cmenable and wait for it to connect then go to data on status bar and enable it. Try using a browser to open google and if it opens you are good to go.

Gaeproxy might not allow you to use net on first try even after connecting, try disable and enabl then open data and try google.com again and again till it works.

Ocasionaly due to flactuations it would disconnect and you will need to disable and enable again.

Tip: Use gaeproxy for bis or anything without airtime or bundles if it is your first time to avoid irregularities till your used to using it.

1 Like

Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 22, 2013
ammanison: pls help me i cant watch ustv and sybla tv with the droid vpn

All I can tell u is dat u may hav to change ur connection type from
Udp to icmp or tcp depending on which one works for u i.e; u keep on testing til u find de one that works for u. By the way, u still hav to upgrade to view those apps properly becos they stream videos in HD and 100 mb allowed by free Droid VPN is not enough.
Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 22, 2013
Borwe: To all you users of gaeproxy and potential users.

Gae proxy works in the same way as droidvpn,you do not need root access to use it and you only get 10gb free allowance per day. Please not all you need to do is download from google store andand using an appropriate apn for you blackberry services click cmenable and wait for it to connect then go to data on status bar and enable it. Try using a browser to open google and if it opens you are good to go.

Gaeproxy might not allow you to use net on first try even after connecting, try disable and enabl then open data and try google.com again and again till it works.

Ocasionaly due to flactuations it would disconnect and you will need to disable and enable again.

Tip: Use gaeproxy for bis or anything without airtime or bundles if it is your first time to avoid irregularities till your used to using it.
it worked as your said, but its browser is very slowly. I really do not understand what the irregularities involves?
Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by Borwe: 1:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
indigene:
it worked as your said, but its browser is very slowly. I really do not understand what the irregularities involves?

Some times when the network moves up and down very quickly gae proxy cancels transmission but doesnt notify you thats when it starts sucking your airtime or bundles. If that happens disconnect it and restart gae prixy.

1 Like

Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by Ogetogeo(m): 3:45pm On Jul 22, 2013
haykay2005: pls my Tablet is not rooted (4.2) .droidvpn will not load any site and app that require login(facebook web n app, yahoo web and app, watsappp etc. ) my settings is udp 500.
solution pleasepls my Tablet is not rooted (4.2) .droidvpn will not load any site and app that require login(facebook web n app, yahoo web and app, watsappp etc. ) my settings is udp 500.
solution please

Does you droidvpn really connect and not load any page or it disconnects? You can add me up on skype let me help you.
Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by haykay2005: 4:11pm On Jul 22, 2013
Ogetogeo:

Does you droidvpn really connect and not load any page or it disconnects? You can add me up on skype let me help you.
I can connect and browse with speed but once I Open a a page or app that require login,the site will not move Eg facebook page and app, yahoo web and app, whatsapp etc
Your Skype id please
Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by Ogetogeo(m): 8:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
haykay2005:
I can connect and browse with speed but once I Open a a page or app that require login,the site will not move Eg facebook page and app, yahoo web and app, whatsapp etc
Your Skype id please

ogetogeo
Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 22, 2013
Pls, if u want to upgrade ur DroidVpn account for unlimited downloads with MTN bis, feel free to contact me, then I wil tell u how to pay...
Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by waleh89: 12:28am On Jul 23, 2013
pls is the 100 mb working for a day or 24 hours
Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by Emmysteve(m): 4:27am On Jul 23, 2013
exxell: Pls, if u want to upgrade ur DroidVpn account for unlimited downloads with MTN bis, feel free to contact me, then I wil tell u how to pay...
pls how can i contact you?
Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by Emmysteve(m): 4:30am On Jul 23, 2013
exxell:

All I can tell u is dat u may hav to change ur connection type from
Udp to icmp or tcp depending on which one works for u i.e; u keep on testing til u find de one that works for u. By the way, u still hav to upgrade to view those apps properly becos they stream videos in HD and 100 mb allowed by free Droid VPN is not enough.
pls can u explain how to upgrade?

when upgraded, can one use the bbc to be unlimited or it does it stop after reaching the cap?
Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by TrebleChamp(m): 6:56am On Jul 23, 2013
Guys can i use droidvpn with glo or etisalat blackberry plan?
Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 23, 2013
Emmysteve: pls how can i contact you?

exxell89@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Droid VPN: Your Questions by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 23, 2013
Guys please update for us who depend on our Glo lines to browse. Any confirmed fix that enables us use GLO BIS with droidvpn etc?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

How To Tell If This Phone Is A Refurbished Or Original London Used? (Photo) / How To Use Airtel 2GB And 6GB 2g Network Data On 3G Network / Mtn 1gb For N200, 2.5gb For N500 And 5gb For N1000 – Night Plan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.