Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Woman Jailed For Getting Raped - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Jailed For Getting Raped (4705 Views)

14 Year Old Boy Jailed For Killing Step Mother's Chicken / Tips For Getting Through A Partner Who Doesn't Listen. / Top 10 Reasons For Getting Divorced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 19, 2013
A Court in Dubai has sentenced a 24 year oldNorwegian to 16 months in jail for being raped according to news report from the United Arab Emirates.
The court defined the rape as sex outside marriage and also found her guilty of perjury and of drinking alcohol.
Marte Deborah Dalelv, 24 was on march 6, 2013 raped while in the emirate on buisness and immediately she reported the gruesome tale, Local authorities arrested her for four days and had her documents and money confiscated.
However Norwegian diplomats secured her release after four days to the local Norwegian Seamen's Church to wait for the justice to be served.
The Norwegian Department of Foreign Affairs said Thursday that the verdict "flies in the face of our notion of justice" and was "highly problematic" in terms of Western human rights.
For a rape conviction, United Arab Emirates law requires either a confession or four adult male witnesses to the attack.
The case was not reported in the two major English-language newspapers in the United Arab Emirates, The National and The Khaleej Times.
Similar cases involving foreigners and Emirati women have been reported in the past few years.
In December, a 28-year-old British woman who reported being kidnapped and gang-raped by three men in Dubai was found guilty of drinking alcohol without a license. Shewas fined $257.
Three years ago, an Abu Dhabi court sentenced an 18-year-old Emirati woman to a year in prison for illicit sex after she reported that six men had gang-raped her.
In 2008, an Australian woman managing a United Arab Emirates resort reported being brutally gang-raped while unconscious because she had been drugged. She was convicted of illegal sex outside marriage and sentenced to 11 months in prison, in addition to one month for drinking alcohol
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 19, 2013
And where is that idiotic thread about how there is no use for feminism because women have never been oppressed? Such a ridiculous OP that one was.
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by coogar: 4:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
ileobatojo: And where is that idiotic thread about how there is no use for feminism because women have never been oppressed? Such a ridiculous OP that one was.

shouldn't a woman be responsible for her own actions. if i drink/drive and then crush pedestrians to death, who should i blame for such? when women drink and then sleep with men they would never have associated with under normal circumstance then she should be held responsible for her actions.

[img]http://static1.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Let+s+not+hope+I+get+banned+again+_d5f15101c85d2f8eded1f0f2839fa846.png[/img]
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 19, 2013
coogar:

shouldn't a woman be responsible for her own actions. if i drink/drive and then crush pedestrians to death, who should i blame for such? when women drink and then sleep with men they would never have associated with then she should be held responsible for her actions.

[img]http://static1.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Let+s+not+hope+I+get+banned+again+_d5f15101c85d2f8eded1f0f2839fa846.png[/img]

What the heck are you going on about?
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by coogar: 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
ileobatojo:
What the heck are you going on about?

all i am saying is all the women locked up in that article above deserved it. there's no iota of oppression in the article. women get drunk, willingly have sëx with strangers and then cry rapë the morning after because they are suddenly ashamed of what they did.....

that's not rapë, it's irresponsibility!!!!

1 Like

Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 19, 2013
coogar:

all i am saying is all the women locked up in that article above deserved it. there's no iota of oppression in the article. women get drunk, willingly have sëx with strangers and then cry rapë the morning after because they are suddenly ashamed of what they did.....

that's not rapë, it's irresponsibility!!!!

Okay I don't know which article you are talking about? I see you have some sort of link in your precious post but its not pulling up on my phone. Are you commenting on a separate unrelated article or are you commenting on the OP's article? Surely you can't be ridiculous enough to tell me that the women in the OP's article are not being oppressed?
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by coogar: 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2013
ileobatojo:

Okay I don't know which article you are talking about? I see you have some sort of link in your precious post but its not pulling up on my phone. Are you commenting on a separate unrelated article or are you commenting on the OP's article? Surely you can't be ridiculous enough to tell me that the women in the OP's article are not being oppressed?

we are looking at the same article unless your phone is running on diesel. the women in the OP's article were not oppressed! they were irresponsible. it's illegal to drink publicly or even abuse any substance in UAE....all these women were found to have been under the influence so where's the oppression?
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by biolabee(m): 5:27pm On Jul 19, 2013
Let the feminists go and fight for female rights in the Middle East instead of shouting rabidly behind monitor screens in safe USA or wherever
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by coogar: 5:45pm On Jul 19, 2013
biolabee: Let the feminists go and fight for female rights in the Middle East instead of shouting rabidly behind monitor screens in safe USA or wherever

they can only make noise in the west....they wouldn't try that nonsense in the middle east!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2359404/Revealed-The-dirty-text-messages-sent-teacher-24-pupil-16-week-affair-tattooed-body.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2359515/Woman-teacher-27-sex-17-year-old-pupil-spared-prison-handed-community-order.html

in the last month, those female teachers had sëx with their students and then walked free from court. if the roles were reversed, the men would go to prison for 4 years......in both articles, nowhere were the women refer to as "monsters", "beasts", "predators", "pedöphiles"..... and yet feminists still think women are oppressed!

2 Likes

Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by armyofone(m): 5:55pm On Jul 19, 2013
I have no problem with them finding her guilty of drinking alcohol.
They should also find the guys guilty of molestation. Letting the guys go scot free is just like saying, a job well done to the guys! Such nonsense.
Oh, it happened in an Arab country, *whistling*
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by coogar: 5:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
armyofone: I have no problem with them finding her guilty of drinking alcohol.
They should also find the guys guilty of molestation. Letting the guys go scot free is just like saying, a job well done to the guys! Such nonsense.
Oh, it happened in an Arab country, *whistling*

find the guys guilty of molestation? how did you arrive at that conclusion? feminists have managed to deceive the world that feeling remorseful after sex = rapë!!!
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 19, 2013
coogar:

we are looking at the same article unless your phone is running on diesel. the women in the OP's article were not oppressed! they were irresponsible. it's illegal to drink publicly or even abuse any substance in UAE....all these women were found to have been under the influence so where's the oppression?

Did you read the article at all or are you just trying to at out your daily ration of nonsense today? They were convicted for illicit sex and sex outside marriage. While the men walked free. If you can't see the absolute oppressive stupidity in that then I'm afraid you need Jesus.
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by freecocoa(f): 6:20pm On Jul 19, 2013
I'm really confused right now.

Fine, drinking is a crime there bla bla bla.

How can a woman who they claim was drunk be convicted for r*pe? Did she r*pe the men or what?
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 19, 2013
freecocoa: I'm really confused right now.

Fine drinking is a crime there bla bla bla.

How can a woman who they claim was drunk be convicted for r*pe? Did she r*pe the men or what?

It makes a lot of sense to Coogar. Ask him.
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 19, 2013
coogar:

find the guys guilty of molestation? how did you arrive at that conclusion? feminists have managed to deceive the world that feeling remorseful after sex = rapë!!!

Of course you magically have all the evidence that they lied about being raped just by perusing the article. Just like you were right there during the 'fake' gang ra*pes right?
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2013
armyofone: I have no problem with them finding her guilty of drinking alcohol.

It's exactly what Coogar would do. A woman walks in to report being raped and with no further investigation, she is jailed and needs a foreign country to secure her release and he doesn't see how that could embolden and facilitate future rapists and ra*pes. But in his twisted mind its fair because some women have lied about rape before. It's just as bad as saying its fair trayvon got killed after all some black teens had robbed the area before.
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by freecocoa(f): 6:30pm On Jul 19, 2013
ileobatojo:

It makes a lot of sense to Coogar. Ask him.
Don't mind him, he read the story upside down.
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by armyofone(m): 6:35pm On Jul 19, 2013
Divepen: A Court in Dubai has sentenced a 24 year oldNorwegian to 16 months in jail for being raped according to news report from the United Arab Emirates.
The court defined the rape as sex outside marriage and also found her guilty of perjury and of drinking alcohol.
Marte Deborah Dalelv, 24 was on march 6, 2013 raped while in the emirate on buisness and immediately she reported the gruesome tale, Local authorities arrested her for four days and had her documents and money confiscated.
However Norwegian diplomats secured her release after four days to the local Norwegian Seamen's Church to wait for the justice to be served.
The Norwegian Department of Foreign Affairs said Thursday that the verdict "flies in the face of our notion of justice" and was "highly problematic" in terms of Western human rights.
For a rape conviction, United Arab Emirates law requires either a confession or four adult male witnesses to the attack.
The case was not reported in the two major English-language newspapers in the United Arab Emirates, The National and The Khaleej Times.
Similar cases involving foreigners and Emirati women have been reported in the past few years.
In December, a 28-year-old British woman who reported being kidnapped and gang-raped by three men in Dubai was found guilty of drinking alcohol without a license. Shewas fined $257.
Three years ago, an Abu Dhabi court sentenced an 18-year-old Emirati woman to a year in prison for illicit sex after she reported that six men had gang-raped her.
In 2008, an Australian woman managing a United Arab Emirates resort reported being brutally gang-raped while unconscious because she had been drugged. She was convicted of illegal sex outside marriage and sentenced to 11 months in prison, in addition to one month for drinking alcohol

Coogar!
did you see that? Why would they have se.x with an unconscious person?
It shouldn't be about feminists but saying something is wrong when it is wrong no matter what gender.
There are some things we should not support.
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by coogar: 6:58pm On Jul 19, 2013
ileobatojo:
Did you read the article at all or are you just trying to at out your daily ration of nonsense today? They were convicted for illicit sex and sex outside marriage. While the men walked free. If you can't see the absolute oppressive stupidity in that then I'm afraid you need Jesus.

you have fluff in your ears or perhaps, eyes. she was convicted for perjury and for using alcohol without a drinking license. the rapë claim did not stand. their laws say 4 adult male witnesses must be there or a confession from the culprit for a rapë claim to stand.

nothing like that was provided by the woman. this is not the west where the statement of an irresponsible sluttish woman would put men behind bars.....this is dubai, these women knew the laws of the country they were going before getting drunk irresponsibly!

ileobatojo:
Of course you magically have all the evidence that they lied about being raped just by perusing the article. Just like you were right there during the 'fake' gang rapes right?

she was found guilty of perjury. if you don't know the meaning, ask freecocoa. she's a law student. when you fully grasp the meaning of perjury, apply it and use your deductive reasoning!!

armyofone:
Coogar!
did you see that? Why would they have se.x with an unconscious person?
It shouldn't be about feminists but saying something is wrong when it is wrong no matter what gender.
There are some things we should not support.

believe that rubbish and you would believe anything. gang-rapëd my foot! i have been to dubai and i have seen first hand how western women behave like animals on heat. they get drunk, solicit for sex and then cry foul in the morning.

google rebecca blake - she lost her £100k per annum job for something similar. she got drunk till she passed out. she claimed she couldn't remember doing anything but the cab driver that reported her said she was getting nakëd with a male stranger at the back of the taxi. how's she not responsible for her own lewd behaviour?

3 Likes

Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 19, 2013
coogar:

you have fluff in your ears or perhaps, eyes. she was convicted for perjury and for using alcohol without a drinking license. the rapë claim did not stand. their laws say 4 adult male witnesses must be there or a confession from the culprit for a rapë claim to stand nothing like that was provided by the woman. this is not the west where the statement of an irresponsible sluttish woman would put men behind bars.....this is dubai, these women knew the laws of the country they were going before getting drunk irresponsibly!

she was found guilty of perjury. if you don't know the meaning, ask freecocoa. she's a law student. when you fully grasp the meaning of perjury, apply it and use your deductive reasoning!!

Naturally, I completely made up these bolded parts of the article.

Divepen: A Court in Dubai has sentenced a 24 year oldNorwegian to 16 months in jail for being raped according to news report from the United Arab Emirates.
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by EfemenaXY: 7:32pm On Jul 19, 2013
What an article!

Okay, let's look at it this way, if the women in question were found guilty of having illicit sex, then surely the men involved are just as guilty too?

After all, it does take two to tango have s.ex, yes?
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by coogar: 7:35pm On Jul 19, 2013
ileobatojo:
Naturally, I completely made up these bolded parts of the article.

of course - it still goes to show you cannot separate the wheat from the chaff. if she's guilty of perjury then she lied under the oath. the plot thickens - what could she have lied about? that she was drunk? that couldn't have been possible cos they would have taken samples from her - what else could she have lied about other than lying she was räped?

as per the other cases - the courts defined the alleged "rapë" as illicit sex outside marriage which then implies "consent" was given before the act! of course, in the west - a woman can use the "consent" technicality to claim rapë! the moment a woman gets drunk in the west, she cannot be held responsible for her actions......

however, this is dubai.......women get punished for their actions when they get drunk. no sane woman should be putting herself in such a situation. if i take drugs and then shoot every pedestrian at the bus-stop, i should blame the drugs too? when would you folks start taking responsibility for your actions?

1 Like

Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 19, 2013
coogar:

of course - it still goes to show you cannot separate the wheat from the chaff. if she's guilty of perjury then she lied under the oath. the plot thickens - what could she have lied about? that she was drunk? that couldn't have been possible cos they would have taken samples from her - what else could she have lied about other than lying she was räped?

Oh, there are only maybe about a million other things she could possibly have lied about. But who needs to apply common sense when you can just obtuse instead.

as per the other cases - the courts defined the alleged "rapë" as illicit sex outside marriage which then implies "consent" was given before the act! of course, in the west - a woman can use the "consent" technicality to claim rapë! the moment a woman gets drunk in the west, she cannot be held responsible for her actions......

So if she consented, why was she jailed for having sex? And if the women were jailed for having illicit sex, what about the men they had it with? How does the woman end up being the only one committing crime?

however, this is dubai.......women get punished for their actions when they get drunk. no sane woman should be putting herself in such a situation. if i take drugs and then shoot every pedestrian at the bus-stop, i should blame the drugs too? when would you folks start taking responsibility for your actions?

How many of the women in the story were drunk? It says they were drinking, where does it say drunk? And even if they were drunk, does that mean men have the free license to gang rape them? When should the rapists be held responsible for their actions.

I have no problem with their laws as long as they are applied equally across the board. Not one set if laws for the lesser humans (women) and another set for 'their gods'.
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by coogar: 8:08pm On Jul 19, 2013
ileobatojo:
Oh, there are only maybe about a million other things she could possibly have lied about. But who needs to apply common sense when you can just obtuse instead.

stop being idiotic - there's nothing to say the other men were not punished but they are not westerners, so who cares?

So if she consented, why was she jailed for having sex? And if the women were jailed for having illicit sex, what about the men they had it with? How does the woman end up being the only one committing crime?

she was jailed because you can only have sëx with someone you are married to in dubai. the laws are clear and boldly written at their airports! foreign office warn these western women but they still carry their immoral culture to the middle east!

How many of the women in the story were drunk? It says they were drinking, where does it say drunk? And even if they were drunk, does that mean men have the free license to gang rape them? When should the rapists be held responsible for their actions.

taking alcohol is illegal in dubai - only licensed hotels and restaurants sell alcohol and one must have a license to buy. these women are not permitted to take any alcohol without a license so whether they are drunk or not is an academic point!

I have no problem with their laws as long as they are applied equally across the board. Not one set if laws for the lesser humans (women) and another set for 'their gods'.

i am sure they are - and if it's not good enough for the average western lady, she can avoid going to dubai. they are sick and tired of the western women anyways. when you are in rome, act like romans!

2 Likes

Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by dayokanu(m): 8:33pm On Jul 19, 2013
ileobatojo: I have no problem with their laws as long as they are applied equally across the board. Not one set if laws for the lesser humans (women) and another set for 'their gods'.

Where has laws ever been equal across boards?

A boy and a girl get drunk they have sex the following morning they wake up and the guy is thrown in jail for having sex with a drunk woman while he too was drunk.

A drunk man is supposed to control himself but not a drunk woman

In these two cases below assuming the sexes were reversed in the same country one can only imagine the outrage

[size=14pt]Woman teacher, 27, who had sex with 17-year-old pupil is spared prison and handed community order[/size]

Married Eppie Sprung Dawson had been giving dyslexic pupil extra lessons
Drove him to layby in Dumfriesshire, Scotland, where they had sex
Pair were caught by patrolling police officers who noticed parked car
Dawson given six-month community payback order
Court hears tryst has already ruined her marriage and career

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2359515/Woman-teacher-27-sex-17-year-old-pupil-spared-prison-handed-community-order.html#ixzz2ZWPOjN9g
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by coogar: 8:44pm On Jul 19, 2013
dayokanu:
In these two cases below assuming the sexes were reversed in the same country one can only imagine the outrage

the male teacher(jeremy forrest) that had sëx with his student got 5 and half years in the same country. all the cases were judged within the same month.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2351735/Jeremy-Forrest-Schoolgirl-lover-jailed-teacher-says-wants-baby.html
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by EfemenaXY: 8:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
You guys are going off on a tangent here.

@Dayo and Coogar: If these women were convicted for having illicit s.ex with those men, does it not stand to reason that those men are just as guilty and should also be subject to the same fate?

Why should they be allowed to get off scot free? Afterall, they aren't married to the women, are they?? undecided
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by dayokanu(m): 8:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
coogar:

the male teacher that had sex with his student got 5 and half years in the same country. all the cases were judged within the same month.

This was even a special needs student and she took advantage of him, yet she was set free because "Court hears tryst has already ruined her marriage and career"

Why dont they charge women who sleep with drunk men for raape too?
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by dayokanu(m): 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2013
Efemena_xy: You guys are going off on a tangent here.

@Dayo and Coogar: If these women were convicted for having illicit s.ex with those men, does it not stand to reason that those men are just as guilty and should also be subject to the same fate?

Why should they be allowed to get off scot free? Afterall, they aren't married to the women, are they?? undecided

My Point is that nowhere are judgment for both sexes equal.

Or whats the equality in 2 drunk ppl have sexx, only one goes to jail for rappe as its the case in the West and in Dubai they do the opposite.
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by coogar: 8:51pm On Jul 19, 2013
Efemena_xy: You guys are going off on a tangent here.

it was not written in the article that the men were let off. the article maliciously omitted the fate of the men involved cos they are not westerners!
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 19, 2013
dayokanu:

Where has laws ever been equal across boards?

A boy and a girl get drunk they have sex the following morning they wake up and the guy is thrown in jail for having sex with a drunk woman while he too was drunk.

A drunk man is supposed to control himself but not a drunk woman

That is not my point. By equal I mean similar punishment for the same crime. So if a man is found guilty of rape, he should serve the same punishment as a woman guilty of the same rape. If a woman is sent to jail for having illicit sex (which is something two people are doing at the same time), the man should be equally sent to jail for having illicit sex with her. The process of immediately jailing the woman without even bothering to look for the men makes no sense.

Whether someone is wrongly found guilty, is a separate issue.
Re: Woman Jailed For Getting Raped by coogar: 9:18pm On Jul 19, 2013
ileobatojo:
That is not my point. By equal I mean similar punishment for the same crime. So if a man is found guilty of rape, he should serve the same punishment as a woman guilty of the same rape. If a woman is sent to jail for having illicit sex (which is something two people are doing at the same time), the man should be equally sent to jail for having illicit sex with her. The process of immediately jailing the woman without even bothering to look for the men makes no sense.

Whether someone is wrongly found guilty, is a separate issue.

jumping the gun again as usual....

but the alleged attacker of the norwegian woman got 13 months imprisonment for sëx outside marriage. so contrary to what you think, dubai laws are not gender-biased. her rapë claim was thrown out cos the court believed she gave consent!

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates – A Norwegian woman sentenced to 16 months in jail in Dubai for having sëx outside marriage after she reported an alleged rapë said Friday she decided to speak out in hopes of drawing attention to the risks of outsiders misunderstanding the Islamic-influenced legal codes in this cosmopolitan city.

The case has drawn outrage from rights groups and others in the West since the 24-year-old interior designer was sentenced Wednesday. It also highlights the increasingly frequent tensions between the United Arab Emirates’ international atmosphere and its legal system, which is strongly influenced by Islamic traditions in a nation where foreign workers and visitors greatly outnumber locals.

“I have to spread the word. … After my sentence we thought, ‘How can it get worse?”‘ Marte Deborah Dalelv told The Associated Press in an interview at a Norwegian aid compound in Dubai where she is preparing her appeal scheduled for early September.

Dalelv, who worked for an interior design firm in Qatar since 2011, claims she was sëxually assaulted by a co-worker in March while she was attending a business meeting in Dubai.

She said she fled to the hotel lobby and asked for the police to be called. The hotel staff asked if she was sure she wanted to involve the police, Dalelv said.

“Of course I want to call the police,” she said. “That is the natural reaction where I am from.”

Dalelv said she was given a medical examination seeking evidence of the alleged rapë and underwent a blood test for alcohol. Such tests are commonly given in the UAE for alleged assaults and in other cases. Alcohol is sold widely across Dubai, but public intoxication can bring charges.

The AP does not identity the names of alleged sexual assault victims, but Dalelv went public voluntarily to talk to media.

Dalelv was detained for four days after being accused of having sëx outside marriage, which is outlawed in the UAE although the law is not actively enforced for tourists as well as hundreds of thousands of Westerners and others on resident visas.

She managed to reach her stepfather in Norway after being loaned a phone card by another woman in custody.

“My stepdad, he answered the phone, so I said, that I had been rapëd, I am in prison … please call the embassy,” she recounted.

“And then I went back and I … just had a breakdown,” she continued. “It was very emotional, to call my dad and tell him what happened.”

Norwegian diplomats later secured her release and she has been allowed to remain at the Norwegian Seamen’s Center in central Dubai. She said her alleged attacker received a 13-month sentence for out-of-wedlock sex and alcohol consumption.

so madam ileoba-kuti(mgbeke feminist), did the man walk free or are you going to keep quiet for good now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child / Single Motherhood, My Tears And Fears / Letter To My Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.