Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,682 members, 7,805,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 (123153 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Uniben Pulls Out Of ASUU Strike / Breaking News - ASUU-lasu May Pull Out Of ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 06, 2013
If any uni is not interested in the $trike, the would'nt have joined at first.
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by MarilynNash(f): 5:56am On Oct 21, 2013
ASUU Executives Were Called For A Meeting In The
UK... So They All Met At The Murtala Muhammed
International Airport
In Lagos...
While They Were Seated And Relaxed In The
Plane, They Were Informed That The Plane Was Built
By A Group
Of Students From Nigeria's Universities And The Plane
Was On
Its First Experimental Trip... They All Ran Out Of The
Plane, Except One Person, When He Was
Asked By The Other Staff, His Reason For Remaining,
He Said "If
It Is Made By Our Students, It Will Not Even Start...lol.
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by funkyaye(f): 11:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
Yagazee: I can't believe ASUU has suceeded in making Nigeria students believe that they have solutions to the rot in Universities education. Let me ask YOU; Can you beat your chest that there won't be looting if FG hands ASUU N400b? I guess you can't. Are we blind to the construction of infrastructures going on in various universities? Do you think the universities is the only institutions of higher learning in Nigeria? Is education sector even the only sector in the State? FG makes upto or more than N1trillion a year. Yes you might be correct but lets do a simple maths here. Give ASUU N400b in just a year, how much do you have to run you gov't which includes polytecnics, monotecnics, state gov't budgets, & payments of all civil servants & other development progect. FG said ;"N100b for a year." Yet ASUU is behaving as if you can't start anything with it. The current security threat in the North is making development difficult incase you are deaf or blind to this & security expenses always takes the highest expecially when is under threat. Gov't will not do more this year as we have all seen & will never give all money to ASUU in a year so WHAT DO WE GAIN BY SUPPORTING ASUU STRIKE. If you think FG doesn't care, what makes you think ASUU care either.
this is quite true my dear
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by zurine(f): 4:46pm On Nov 16, 2013
good news, Esut has just pulled out of the strike.
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Miner13: 6:17pm On Nov 16, 2013
Wat baffle me most is y people ar pointin accusin fingers 2 ASUU nd yet value educatn obtainable in oda countries nd possibly our private universities. Y we solemly wait as students both'undergraduate nd post graduate' 4 logical end 2 d strike dat has bastardized our educatn system. Lol!
We al failed as nigerians 2 put in our best towards resolvin dis lingerin issue bt we rather raise our voice nd point our fingers in 2tal disbelieved coz of our corrupt mindset against those who stood up 4 our course 2 rebuild d educatn sector.
MY STAND IS "ITZ TIM WE AS YOUTH OF DIS GREAT COUNTRY NIGERIA RE-ESTABLISHED D LOST GLORY OF OUR DEAR MOTHERLAND.
####Remeber dis
d states(USA) GOT D RIGHT STARTING PILLAR OVER 200YRS AGO.... GOD BLESS AMERICA WS DIA SLOGAN

SA(south africa) WER LUCKY 2 START IN D HANDS OF GUD ND DEDICATED LEADERS

GHANIANS YOUTH RISE 2 FIGHT AGAINST D FLOP IN DIA ECONOMY. MUCH DEDICATN. ND A STRIKE IN DIA EDUCATN SECTOR 4 A YEAR ND HALF, REMEBA OUR SLOGAN IN 9JA DEN 'ghana must go'

BT HIA IN NIGERIA WIT OUR DESTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. IF AM ABLE 2 SATISFY MYSEF I DNT BLOODY CARE ANODA PERSON ATTITUDE.
Hmmmmmm
LET JOIN 2GEDA IN UNITY
LETS SHOW OUR DEDICATN 2 OUR DEAR LAND
THINK POSITIVE!
ACT POSITIVE!!
WORK POSITIVE!!! ND 2GEDA WIL WE REBUILD OUR EDUCATN 2 MIT D WORLD STANDARD.

1 Like

Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Benwilson(m): 9:54pm On Nov 20, 2013
ASUU is the worst thing after Bokoharam, that has ever happened to this country. If you're in anyway in support of ASUU, then u are foolish and selfish.
Abeg Uniport make una pull out too, we never even start 2nd semester!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by maurinique: 2:48pm On Nov 27, 2013
I can't wait for this strike to come to an end, am tired of staying @ home, God pls come to ur children aid o.
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Aribab(m): 7:42am On Nov 29, 2013
Is it possible 4 Bayero University Kano (BUK) 2 pull out?
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by obimerumani(f): 12:55am On Nov 30, 2013
Yagazee: Its a shame to FG that ASUU has to press for good education. But if you think that ASUU should not take the current deal on table, then you are a fool. I support the "no work, no pay" policy. Why will you close your shop & still bask in profit. Its not logical. You are on strike while other sectors generates money for your payment. Monkey dey work baboon dey chop abi? If strike has bitter consequences for both students & gov't, then there should be bitter consequence on the part of lecturers. In that way associations and bodies will stop the "I don't care" attitude of going on strike.
[color=#006600][/color] true words brova
Re: Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 05, 2013
The only thing pple are missing nw is dat ASUU is no more interested in d educational system or the student dey are continuing dis strike cause of thier own interest even if the govt releases 200bn for infrastructures dey would still continue bt if dey release d fund for dier earned allowance dey would call it off with joy can't blame dem its the govt dat failed ASUU and every1 b4 ASUU started deir own

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes / A Thread For Prospective Industrial Training (SIWES) Students. / Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.