Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,430 members, 7,800,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Weak Men Fall In Love.. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Weak Men Fall In Love.. (4603 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Men Fall In Love Quickly / Mystery: Great Men Fall-Outs. Is It So Hard To Run? / Why do Most Nigerian Men Fall In Love Soooo Quickly! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Goldenboy007(m): 10:44pm On Jul 19, 2013
I am talking to the male folks,Is Love real? For this purpose i would classify Love into 4 categories; Eros, Phileo, Storge and Agape. I aint a dictionary so i wont define the various love in verbatim but my main concern is the popular one called Eros - romance love - this is the most selfish excuse of a feeling that the world have coined so far. The only time i have heard this word used is when someone is about to take advantage of another, it is only weak minded people that take advantage of others weakness.

I become so flabbergasted when i hear grown men say they got jilted by a lover,i can still excuse the female and the young folks but for a full blown man to allow his judgement to be clouded by mere feelings is outright stupidity !!! I wonder how many times we (yes i used "we" cos i had also been a victim in the past) have made terrible wrong decisions because we failed to use the special analytical mind gift God gave us rather we listened to prejudiced sentiments. You work very hard to get to the status you are and someone would come from nowhere to tell you she (it can be "he" too o no thanks to gay laws) loves you and you become educated M-U-M-U. It also baffles me to see men ready to fight their family cos of a new found love? especially when parents disagree with their choice of partner. I know you are all preparing your arguments now and you would all have sweet love stories to back it up but deep within you know there is sense in what i am saying.

We men would always allow ourselves to be fools for love and its our selfish self devil would always play tricks on, have you ever asked yourself how many times any woman have falling in love with a madman on the streets if their claim of love is blind is valid? ohhhh i love you for who you are and not your money, have you ever seen anybody that drives a Range Rover being called ugly? Where were the Juliets when your good mum hustled to send your sorry butts Romeo to schoolNow that same mother have a stinking mouth abi? I am sorry for you !!! Devil is warming up your hot oil Jacuzzi in hell !!!

Finally there is a saying - if a (wo)man cheats you once it's his/her shame but if (s)he comes back and cheats you again it becomes your shame. Do not let anybody rule over your emotions, make objective judgement....chase money first and women would chase you...money do not buy happiness but its better to cry inside a BMW than on a bicycle. If Love is most important in marriage try paying your PHCN bills with a hug !!!!

2 Likes

Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by tpia5: 10:46pm On Jul 19, 2013
Why dont you define the four types of love you mentioned.

Makes a great topic in itself.
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Goldenboy007(m): 10:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
Really i would love to but that is something we can all get from a dictionary so i wont want to bore anybody with that.
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by tpia5: 10:49pm On Jul 19, 2013
Who said it would be boring?

But suit yourself.
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Goldenboy007(m): 10:54pm On Jul 19, 2013
ok lets see, Agape Love is Gods love, i believe so much in this...its unconditional and you do not work to earn this. Phileo and Storge are family love, that kind you have for your siblings..it can also be what you have for your good friend (especially same sex) and Eros is the sexual, selfish, romantic excuse used to con gullible individual.
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by tpia5: 10:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
Thanks, very interesting.

I wasnt sure what storge was, actually, and i wasnt in google mode.
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Goldenboy007(m): 11:08pm On Jul 19, 2013
My pleasure bro smiley, really it is an inexhaustible topic but i just don't have that much time to adequately delve into the intricacies.

1 Like

Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Fkforyou(m): 12:03am On Jul 20, 2013
Love is just a word/excuse used by people to act selfish and hurt other peoples emotions cos in the end,lovers end up doing nothing rather than protecting their own self intrest,funny enough even lovers tend to hurt themselves(how pathetic....lol) i.e one of the lover usually end up protecting his/her own intrest or act selfish. e.g if one of them wants to cheat legally on the other,he/she will simply use "Am not in love with U anymore" or "Am in love with some one else".
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by babadey(m): 12:14am On Jul 20, 2013
This's interesting but the name should be changed. B4 I forget, what do strong men do? undecided
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Mynd44: 12:51am On Jul 20, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by dabrake(m): 4:52am On Jul 20, 2013
+10000
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Nobody: 5:48am On Jul 20, 2013
Goldenboy007: its better to cry inside a BMW than on a bicycle.

grin grin This makes me laugh..
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by psky: 6:41am On Jul 20, 2013
Somebody had a really bad heartbreak. grin grin grin
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by k2039: 6:54am On Jul 20, 2013
I believe love is a choice, which means one is in control, you can simply love or unlove, it's just about activating your self will.
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by chelseaguy: 6:59am On Jul 20, 2013
Sorry to say this Op... your writing is incomprehensible. You just mentioned 4 Greek gods and started rambling. What happened to you bro? Talk to us...we are family here.
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:22am On Jul 20, 2013
Goldenboy007: ok lets see, Agape Love is Gods love, i believe so much in this...its unconditional and you do not work to earn this. Phileo and Storge are family love, that kind you have for your siblings..it can also be what you have for your good friend (especially same sex) and Eros is the sexual, selfish, romantic excuse used to con gullible individual.
dude, dnt try to contradict urself. U already said it, it doesn't exist.

Aside God's love, none other exists.

The closeness and feeling of oneness between families and members is just a simple fact of blood!

And between u and ur parents, and ur siblings is because technically, and genetically, u and ur sinblings are just a little fractions of ur parents combines.

So,

You + siblings = parents

And you = your siblings.

Everyone is the same.
U can't hate u. They can't hate themselves. That attraction is more clearer.

Now, the ones betwwen lovers are nothing but homorne surge. A homorne called oxytocin releases what te scientist termed a 'love hormone'. This causes attraction in all animals. And the brain chooses the time of it's release.

1. It might be at the first sight of the person: love at first sight.

2. After touching the person: infatuation

3. After kissing/sex: lust

4. After being close/talking with the person: fondness.

And once the brain releases the hormone, it releases it everytime u think of, or see the person. Or evertime the first action that triggers the release is done.

This explains why some are only interested in sex, just friendship, just being around the person, or all of the above!

And some people are so foolish that they allow this to take over them that is becomes an obsession. This obsession is what we decided to call 'love'!

There comes a time wen an hormone that suppresses this is released. Most times during anger. This is just a fact that it is might be temporal or premanent, due to the actors involved.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just an excerpt from a whole book still under research by the author- KINGwax™.

The research itself is duly protected.

Any unauthorised usage is an infringement of the copyright law of the FGN.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 20, 2013
You need to be strong to open your heart and thus make yourself vulnerable. Strong people know how to cope with a possible heartbreak. Love is one of the most wonderful feelings, so be strong and love wink Only truly strong people know how to love.

"Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love." Corinthians 13:13

1 Like

Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Henrypraise: 11:03am On Jul 20, 2013
carefreewannabe: You need to be strong to open your heart and thus make yourself vulnerable. Strong people know how to cope with a possible heartbreak. Love is one of the most wonderful feelings, so be strong and love wink Only truly strong people know how to love.

"Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love." Corinthians 13:13
U av missed up the point, typical of a woman, they always mix the point up to suit ther myopic minds.

2 Likes

Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by mecussey(m): 11:20am On Jul 20, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

grin grin This makes me laugh..

lloooll me too
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by psky: 12:12pm On Jul 20, 2013
Henry praise:
U av missed up the point, typical of a woman, they always mix the point up to suit ther myopic minds.

It's like so many guys were dumped this week. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Sanboy25: 12:32pm On Jul 20, 2013
Hum OK
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 20, 2013
Henry praise:

I just contradicted the statement that only weak men fall in love. And I'm by no means myopic.
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by tpia5: 2:06pm On Jul 20, 2013
carefreewannabe: You need to be strong to open your heart and thus make yourself vulnerable. Strong people know how to cope with a possible heartbreak. Love is one of the most wonderful feelings, so be strong and love wink Only truly strong people know how to love.

The love in 1st Corinthians isnt referring to infatuation or lust though.
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by tpia5: 2:07pm On Jul 20, 2013
chelseaguy: Sorry to say this Op... your writing is incomprehensible. You just mentioned 4 Greek gods and started rambling. What happened to you bro? Talk to us...we are family here.

He wasnt referring to greek gods, maybe you were confused by his user id.
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 20, 2013
tpia@:

The love in 1st Corinthians isnt referring to infatuation or lust though.

I am talking about love in general and for me this is not about lust and infatuation, though lust and infatuation are part of it when we talk about "romantic love". The love in the Bible doesn't exclude romantic love either. And I still believe that strong people, men or women, are not afraid of loving others and at the same time being able to make sound decisions.
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by tpia5: 2:25pm On Jul 20, 2013
True, for the most part.

The bible doesnt discount romantic love, although its not necessary for a union per se. It can come afterwards.

As per men and women giving love, if by that you're referring to the romantic version, i think anyone so inclined, should also understand the act of giving doesnt of necessity entail it must be received in an equal proportion.

Thats why caution is needed.
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by sparko1(m): 2:32pm On Jul 20, 2013
SLIDE waxie: dude, dnt try to contradict urself. U already said it, it doesn't exist.

Aside God's love, none other exists.

The closeness and feeling of oneness between families and members is just a simple fact of blood!

And between u and ur parents, and ur siblings is because technically, and genetically, u and ur sinblings are just a little fractions of ur parents combines.

So,

You + siblings = parents

And you = your siblings.

Everyone is the same.
U can't hate u. They can't hate themselves. That attraction is more clearer.

Now, the ones betwwen lovers are nothing but homorne surge. A homorne called oxytocin releases what te scientist termed a 'love hormone'. This causes attraction in all animals. And the brain chooses the time of it's release.

1. It might be at the first sight of the person: love at first sight.

2. After touching the person: infatuation

3. After kissing/sex: lust

4. After being close/talking with the person: fondness.

And once the brain releases the hormone, it releases it everytime u think of, or see the person. Or evertime the first action that triggers the release is done.

This explains why some are only interested in sex, just friendship, just being around the person, or all of the above!

And some people are so foolish that they allow this to take over them that is becomes an obsession. This obsession is what we decided to call 'love'!

There comes a time wen an hormone that suppresses this is released. Most times during anger. This is just a fact that it is might be temporal or premanent, due to the actors involved.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just an excerpt from a whole book still under research by the author- KINGwax™.

The research itself is duly protected.

Any unauthorised usage is an infringement of the copyright law of the FGN.

Thank you.
Would love to read the complete book when its available,like you said Love does not exist, live your life, be happy with whoever you are with now, because one day you wake up and you won't have to be told you need to move on.
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 20, 2013
tpia@:
True, for the most part.

The bible doesnt discount romantic love, although its not necessary for a union per se. It can come afterwards.

As per men and women giving love, if by that you're referring to the romantic version, i think anyone so inclined, should also understand the act of giving doesnt of necessity entail it must be received in an equal proportion.

Thats why caution is needed.

I agree but there is nothing love with love, even if you're not loved back.
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by tpia5: 2:57pm On Jul 20, 2013
True, thats why romantic love is not necessarily a base for real love.
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
tpia@:
True, thats why romantic love is not necessarily a base for real love.

No, not necessarily ... but I have a very narrow definition of love (personally speaking of course).
Either it's love or not love at all. smiley
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by chelseaguy: 3:31pm On Jul 20, 2013
tpia@:

He wasnt referring to greek gods, maybe you were confused by his user id.

Those 4 words he mentioned are Greek gods for love and lust. Get you facts right please.
Re: Weak Men Fall In Love.. by Goldenboy007(m): 3:52pm On Jul 20, 2013
Do not get all these confused, i still believe in Agape but not Eros, Eros is an imitation of the real thing - Good decisions do not come from emotions or feelings, they are from calculated and objective steps based on the soundness of the mind. Great men are never men of emotions, in fact most great men that had terrible endings are men that let themselves up to emotions. The day you master your emotions is the day you are truly independent.

For the biblical inclined contributors, Eros was never referred to except with King Solomon and you all know what life King Solomon lived, Husband love you wife as Christ loved the church...see the basis of comparison? Is Christ love for the church selfishly or sexually based? In the modern world Eros Love has been seen for what it is...a fleeting emotion based on circumstances,that's why their marriages now come up with Pren-ups. We in this part of the world are still subjected to such trivialities, listening to Chaz B should give us a rain check. Love is just fondness, infatuation and familiarity redefined...these are emotions.. they are non-substantial elements similar to anger and happiness.

The wise ones now are doing what they called strategic marriages, it is simply hooking up with someone that has something to contribute into the relationship...something substantial as different from mere emotions or sex !!!! Wake up and be wise, stop being fooled by sentiments without foundation or else you would end up like a Siamese twins with an excuse of a liability for the rest of your life!!!

A guy go after a girl cos she has curves and she is sexy, the girl agree cos he is full of potentials or materially comfortable...Love is just an excuse to give up these rationalization. Stop living in fools paradise, if love is blind marriage would be your eye opener !!! Sorry o for those that would think i am a pessimist, i aint at all.. i am just a realist !!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys Will You Allow The Girl You Are About To Marry Do This?(photo) / 5 Reasons Why Your Ex Boyfriend Will Definitely Come Back / Difference Between February 14th And February 15th In Most Woman (pic) 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.