Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:19 PM

What Reliefs Are Available If An Employer Rejects Your Resignation? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Reliefs Are Available If An Employer Rejects Your Resignation? (707 Views)

Drama In The Office As I Tender My Resignation After Getting A New Job. / ... Was Sacked For Not Dancing To 'shake Body'... Now An Employer Of Labour / Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Reliefs Are Available If An Employer Rejects Your Resignation? by Adesiji77: 9:26am On Jul 20, 2013
What are the available options if the subject event happens and you do not have any pending disciplinary issue?
Re: What Reliefs Are Available If An Employer Rejects Your Resignation? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2013
Did you sign any contract or employee handbook when you started your job with the company? In very formal organisations, employers can't just decide to reject your resignation without giving a valid, objective and 'rectifiable' reason. The best course of action will be to refer to your contract or HR team. If you don't have either of these, then it sounds like you are in a casual contract with your employer, in which case he / she cannot hold you down.
Re: What Reliefs Are Available If An Employer Rejects Your Resignation? by Adesiji77: 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2013
jesuslovesme123: Did you sign any contract or employee handbook when you started your job with the company? In very formal organisations, employers can't just decide to reject your resignation without giving a valid, objective and 'rectifiable' reason. The best course of action will be to refer to your contract or HR team. If you don't have either of these, then it sounds like you are in a casual contract with your employer, in which case he / she cannot hold you down.

I asked the question because of a recent development at my workplace-it was reported that an ED of the bank directed that BMs and marketers should not even think of 'porting'/resigning if they have Non-Performing Loans (NPLs) in their branches-these must be resolved before departure otherwise their references would not be treated.

I think that directive is unfair and anti-labour especially when due process was followed before getting the requisite approvals. It really made me think and jittery because my branch has some NPLs and i wonder what will happen if i get an offer now and need to resign.....

(1) (Reply)

Fieldmann Offers The Best Ever Training Line Up / Industrial Training Abroad / Is It Proper To Add Your Boss As One Of Your Linkedin Contacts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.