Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! (38471 Views)

Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help / Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina / Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by dokunbam(m): 8:49pm On Jul 24, 2013
i can watch lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by propofol: 8:49pm On Jul 24, 2013
The smile train -a US based charity organization sponser cleft lip and cleft palate surgeries for free all over Nigeria. In lagos alone there are 3 centres:LUTH,IGBOBI AND LASUTH.I advice the parents to go to any of these hospitals now because the surgery is best done at infancy.[b][/b]IT IS FREE, FREE FREE. NO EXCUSE OOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by haneefsoft: 8:51pm On Jul 24, 2013
gedtalks:

Nairalanders take note of this: it is said that ''to be informed will prevent you from being deformed''. This statement comes to reality here. If only the parents of this poor boy had this information early enough, their son wouldn't have been like this. The lesson I've learnt here today is this: Folic acid is a ''must use'' before and after conception

Though, some precautionary measures could have been taken. It doesn't mean if they took folic acid she would not have such a child. Many times, no cause ca actually be pinpointe though Many, Many factors have been implicated:

Family history: with either or both of the parents having cleft lip or palate, there is increased risk of the child developing it

smoking in the mum or both parents

exposure to radiation

nutritional deficiencies, among others

but note, the present of one or more of these factors does not mean that the child must have a cleft lip or palate
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by simdam500(m): 8:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
SLIDE waxie: There's nothing to worry abt.. Free surgery for u..

But the dude definitely married a close relative!
the bolded part.....how?
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by texaco1: 8:53pm On Jul 24, 2013
I must confess this is the first time I will be hearing of nigerian hospitals doing free surgery
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 24, 2013
texaco1: I must confess this is the first time I will be hearing of nigerian hospitals doing free surgery
Also the first time for the Don.
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by kliq(m): 9:14pm On Jul 24, 2013
Oh!
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by texaco1: 9:18pm On Jul 24, 2013
Don Demu:
Also the first time for the Don.
No wonder people say information is power.
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by annexes: 9:25pm On Jul 24, 2013
owolabifunke14: eyaaa.kpele boy
i pity u.
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by Olaooni88(f): 9:43pm On Jul 24, 2013
When a woman is pregnant & started seeing blood at a stage of 5-6 months, it can leads to something like this. Exactly what happened to my sister whn she was pregnant & whn she gave birth the baby has cleft lip, d baby had to undergo surgery before she became normal. So therefore, its always advisable for 'we women' to consult a doctoR if we re seeing pre-mature blood during our pregnancy stage(early).
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by Blackgold09(f): 9:46pm On Jul 24, 2013
Oh Blood of God
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 24, 2013
Olaooni88: When a woman is pregnant & started seeing blood at a stage of 5-6 months, it can leads to something like this. Exactly what happened to my sister whn she was pregnant & whn she gave birth the baby has cleft lip, d baby had to undergo surgery before she became normal. So therefore, its always advisable for 'we women' to consult a doctoR if we re seeing pre-mature blood during our pregnancy stage(early).
Thanks for the tip
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 24, 2013
Surgery I̶̲̥̅̊s free..come to oauthc..dental unit..at oau campus
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by texaco1: 10:13pm On Jul 24, 2013
all these come here ,go there options, will be getting the op confused .lets just tell him that in most govt hospitals the treatment he requires for his baby is free of charge
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by Dignitygab(m): 10:17pm On Jul 24, 2013
Hmm God have mercy
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by Decryptor(m): 10:18pm On Jul 24, 2013
The mother should have just dumped the baby in a toilet as usual. Afterall that's what "those people" are good at!
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by 3kay945(m): 10:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
Decryptor: The mother should have just dumped the baby in a toilet as usual. Afterall that's what "those people" are good at!

What the hell did you smoke
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by redcliff: 11:25pm On Jul 24, 2013
honey86:
Seriously?, Mr man you don't know me and you don't know why I asked the question. of course I know Niger delta devt agency but couldn't nddc have been some other organisation?. So did you adore today know that nddc offers free medical surgery. I don't blame you, because we are all on Nairaland you think you can talk to people anyhow.

For the singular reason that u were harshly nice, I'l tender my apology. I'm sorry. I guess I have a stereotyped understanding of women that I see around me.
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by Nobody: 12:13am On Jul 25, 2013
gedtalks:

Nairalanders take note of this: it is said that ''to be informed will prevent you from being deformed''. This statement comes to reality here. If only the parents of this poor boy had this information early enough, their son wouldn't have been like this. The lesson I've learnt here today is this: Folic acid is a ''must use'' before and after conception
Pls be guided. Dont go and give ur wife folic acid after taking in without Dr's prescription. Just make sure she registers for antinartal in a reputable hospital whch am sure the mother of the baby did not do.
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by hollas2jnr(m): 1:28am On Jul 25, 2013
@OP: I guess u know d name of d deformity by now but if d parent need more info and even to get a FREE SURGERY; they can visit Sacred Heart Hospital, Lantoro for free surgery, its d same Ogun State. Goodluck to them!
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by babsomotde(m): 3:21am On Jul 25, 2013
God knows most.
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by bigcaasi: 6:11am On Jul 25, 2013
Make una start to donate money 4 am here.....
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by iyimide(m): 6:29am On Jul 25, 2013
From my knowledge of human embryology, that deformity was made on about day 23 in-vivo!
Its called the cleft palatine syndrome which involves the palate and the lips. This is due to the fact that the mother either ate over cooked vegetables or none at all.
She got no supply of riboflavin and folates from folic acid.
Lesson to our ladies.. Eat healthy During pregnancy so you do not give birth to spirits and call them babies wink
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by Oguieke(m): 6:31am On Jul 25, 2013
[quote author=Dr young][/quote] what's the work of folic acid pls
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by Oguieke(m): 6:35am On Jul 25, 2013
[quote
author=texaco1]all these come here ,go there options, will be getting
the op confused .lets just tell him that in most govt hospitals the
treatment he requires for his baby is free of charge [/quote] ar u sure?
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by texaco1: 6:48am On Jul 25, 2013
bigcaasi: Make una start to donate money 4 am here.....
Very sound advise ,
Despite the fact that the op hasn't requested for any financial donation or contribution ,I think it is morally right that we help this new born baby with whatever amount we can.no matter how cheap the operation will be the parents will still spend some money,the donation is not for the parent but for this innocent cute little new born baby.sorry to say this though but I think it is more rewarding to give this baby a token than to give ojb.
@op,we know you are not a beggar and neither have u requested for financial assistance but some ppl reading this thread of urs may have the burden in their hearts to help financially ,if it is ok with you I will advise u post an account kind hearted nigerians can send their donations to.we all love your boy and believe me he is going to be alright.God is on your side
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by texaco1: 6:51am On Jul 25, 2013
Ogui eke: ar u sure?
My brother I was shocked and surprised too when people started saying it here,but almost 10ppl have said it here and I think that establishes the fact that yes it is real.
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by Raxxye(m): 7:33am On Jul 25, 2013
civac: the surgery was free of charge at university of portharcourt. as of two years ago, don't know of now.

It still is free now. But it's done periodically, like every other month or so. I'll need to confirm and possibly get contact numbers. God bless the poor kid!
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 25, 2013
I love it when good samaritans come together like this to help solve problems. God bless you people big time for helping a felow Nigerian. U guys are a blessing to the 160million population of this country.
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by bknight: 8:08am On Jul 25, 2013
SLIDE waxie: There's nothing to worry abt.. Free surgery for u..

But the dude definitely married a close relative!

Pls can u explain this?
Re: Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! by UDEMAT: 9:12am On Jul 25, 2013
It is just for the family to visit LUTH HOSPITAL AT IDIARABA there is a special unit for facial cleft surgery which everything is free. It only take sometime for the baby to weight at least 5kg and the surgery is done. Please there should no tension whatsoever. God will see the baby and the family through.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Desiree Davis 'Smiley Asian' Suffers Post Butt Injection Complication / Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) / Papilloma Deadly Virus Is A Virus Gotten From Kissing, Please Kiss Less Humans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.