Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,095 members, 7,807,270 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics (44761 Views)

Senator Ahmed Zanna Is Dead / Senator Ahmed Sani Yerima Justifies Marriage To 13-year-old Egyptian Girl. / Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by shikshark: 7:36am On Jul 22, 2013
Your points are noted senator but pls do us a favor.....go and explain it better on sunrise daily

1 Like

Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by omoalaafin: 10:01am On Jul 22, 2013
Maxymilliano: Got this from the Facebook Page of Femi Fani-Kayode

~ I live in a City where VVF is the order of the day as a result of under age marriages.

~ I live in a City where the education of little girls is truncated as a result of early marriages.

~ I live in a City where shameless old men destroy the lives of little girls in the name of marriage.

Under aged marriage is not the solution; it's also one of the ills of our society.

That little girl also has rights: Right to life, Right to education, Right to ....
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by bgirl: 1:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
babylolaroy:
i love yu!!!!

First of all, these claims are fabricated. Children are not disvirgining themselves at dinner parties or at school yards! Big fat lie! When you were 6, 8 did you know what sex was? At 12 to 16 girls may be more knowledgeable and curious but will still not do it, it is scary, it is painful! Why would any child do that to themselves? Stop believing these ignorant lies.

As for women selling their bodies,
So instead of educating them on the dangers of what they are doing. Instead of eradicating the poverty causing them to exploit themselves, you want to legalize their exploitation by marrying them before they know how to tie their shoelaces. Makes no sense.
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by babylolaroy(f): 2:12pm On Jul 22, 2013
ono:

There's no need to be confused about this thing, and sorry, Islam IS A RELIGION not a culture. I am conversant with the Yoruba culture, and I know marrying out children isn't one of them. Just open your mind and eyes and see the evil in this thing and all will be well.

You're an educated lady. You should be able to look at issues objectively and profer reasonable solutions. And please, I know people like abbreviating words to shorten the time spent typing them out, don't make a habit of it. That's laziness and when it becomes a habit, can be bad for you. Express yourself in clear words readable by all.
thank you but i dont think i av abbreviated so much that it is unreadable. My words are clear enough but i will see to not making it a habit as you've said.
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by babylolaroy(f): 2:19pm On Jul 22, 2013
bgirl:

First of all, these claims are fabricated. Children are not disvirgining themselves at dinner parties or at school yards! Big fat lie! When you were 6, 8 did you know what sex was? At 12 to 16 girls may be more knowledgeable and curious but will still not do it, it is scary, it is painful! Why would any child do that to themselves? Stop believing these ignorant lies.

As for women selling their bodies,
So instead of educating them on the dangers of what they are doing. Instead of eradicating the poverty causing them to exploit themselves, you want to legalize their exploitation by marrying them before they know how to tie their shoelaces. Makes no sense.

true, at 6 or even 8, i ddnt know what sex was and i suppose few kids would know. now at 16, wu says gals dont wanna try it? maybe yu ddnt and i ddnt either buh doesnt mean some kids ddnt. am not asking yu to believe that kids do all of those to themselves buh yu will agree with me that, that is the writer's opinion which you are not compelled to 'buy'. And miss, its not enough ground for you to insult me. i simply stated my view and you told me to go enrol in a school. thats nt fair. i know i shouldnt abbreviate but you should see that i know my spellings right and even if i dont, its not a shame. i know this matter hurts you but do not let it get to you so much that you start insults...
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by babylolaroy(f): 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
vicope:
Apology ko, apology ni......I put it to you that you are a victim of hypnotism, courtesy of ur religion! Let's assume what u wrote about not consummating the marriage until the girl is matured enough to say yes/no is true, what about considering if the girl would grow up to accept the so-called paedophile as her husband? What if she never grows up to like him or become emotionally attached to him? Will she have to live with that for the rest of her life?

U see Lola or what do u call yourself? U're not to be blamed in any of these, maybe if your dad had given you out at the age of 5 for one old fool to tear u apart and u're battling with VVF, maybe U wouldn't have the time to come to NL to spit rubbish! Go to hell for all I care....
i wont go to hell cos of another man's problem..i wasnt talking to you dude so pls be polite and stay out of this. i have issues with bgirl, not you
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by linearity: 3:51pm On Jul 22, 2013
Watch/share this video and see how this kids pour out her heart about child marriage....The Honorable Senator and his colleagues should understand that marriage is between two people....the other person have rights too..

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f76_1374406429
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by Guguru102(m): 7:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
Yerima Ole,O lo Ji Panla Loja...........Craddle Robber indeed
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2013
This is hilarious...with the social and economice difficulties Nigeria is facing, like other African countries, all these so-called leaders can think of is legalising statutory rape undecided
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2013
marriage is about helping each other achieve goals grin someone explain to me how an 8year old child can help her grown assss man achieve goals undecided
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by bgirl: 9:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
babylolaroy:
true, at 6 or even 8, i ddnt know what sex was and i suppose few kids would know. now at 16, wu says gals dont wanna try it? maybe yu ddnt and i ddnt either buh doesnt mean some kids ddnt. am not asking yu to believe that kids do all of those to themselves buh yu will agree with me that, that is the writer's opinion which you are not compelled to 'buy'. And miss, its not enough ground for you to insult me. i simply stated my view and you told me to go enrol in a school. thats nt fair. i know i shouldnt abbreviate but you should see that i know my spellings right and even if i dont, its not a shame. i know this matter hurts you but do not let it get to you so much that you start insults...

Lola, listen to your "view"

babylolaroy:
its enuf dah his grandma survived it....any one wu ddnt survive was meant to die niyen...ds stuff is goodnews ma...prostitution will reduce, abortion wll get out...it doesnt av to be force, d gal will gv consent and consummation will waif till shez fully mature. wat part of ds is hard to believ?

You are saying that these children who died while giving birth were "meant to die"?? That is you are saying that it is okay to take a child, impregnate her, then when she dies in child birth you open your mouth and say that "anyone who didn't survive was meant to die"!!! Are you okay? And you are offended because I told you to go to school? You don't think your blatant disregard for the lives of these child victims is offensive to me and many others? You are the one who owes me an apology.
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by babylolaroy(f): 8:44am On Jul 23, 2013
bgirl:

Lola, listen to your "view"

You are saying that these children who died while giving birth were "meant to die"?? That is you are saying that it is okay to take a child, impregnate her, then when she dies in child birth you open your mouth and say that "anyone who didn't survive was meant to die"!!! Are you okay? And you are offended because I told you to go to school? You don't think your blatant disregard for the lives of these child victims is offensive to me and many others? You are the one who owes me an apology.
ama responsible adult. though i ddnt think dat necessitates a 'sorry' but if yu want, i will tender one.. am sorry i said that. now it takes two to tango and an adult should take responsibilty for his acts or words..i said i need your apology too and am still waiting
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by leggo: 12:49pm On Jul 25, 2013
babylolaroy:
not lyk dat..am only sayin all of ds because am a muslim. yu know culture differs. in my own islam, its allowed buh dia must be no sex until d gal is old enuf to say yes or no to d man

this is stupid
why don't you just wait till the girl is old enough to say ,yes or no before the marriage?

1 Like

Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 26, 2013
This country is filled up with educated illiterates......When need to understand things before we begin to swing the religion carrot....The senate is seeking to know if its right to see all females that is married to be deemed an adult.The northern senators are looking at the clause in the constitution that says 18yrs old is the right age a female can denounce her citizenship and since not all has money to go to Egypt like senator Yerima and pay a bride prize of $100,000..And according to Islamic Law a man can marry an underage girl...So how can they help the poor Muslims that want to follow this Islamic Law....They only way is if they can remove this clause and say if a girl is married she can be seen as an adult thereby be able to renounce her citizenship through this legal loop-hole...So when they marry according to Islamic Law she can quickly renounce her citizenship since there is a law supporting her that all married females are deem to be adults and when you want to bring a charge against them in the court of law based on the Nigerian constitution which says all adults are from 18yrs old,they can show you a paper where she denounced her citizenship by law and live happily ever after according to Islamic Law....The real fight is how to keep the clause that not all married should be seen as an adult and not the fight of who should be or not be married because even down south we have customs where we can marry underage if we like but we don't just exploit it......Thats why soon i will be going into politics since i understand this word games better than a lot of people........lol
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by ladenz(m): 4:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
ayox2003: Religion! Oh how thou hast darkened the minds of black africans - even than those who gave you to them!

Most of those senators who voted were muslims!

Because the Koran says u can marry as much as four wives, Yerima had to divorce his fourth wife so that he'd be able to marry that Egyptian girl!

Anyways, to me, the african problem gets 'religionized' by the minute. When you think we're done with one, the caveman attitude sprouts like a new forsythia branch. But those who bury their whole existence and brains in the soil of religion will get the tree of backwardness that grows on it and all taste from the sour fruit the tree gives. For instance, Yerima and child marriage.

Frawzey

i dont understand why so many people on NL blame religion for the ills of society. have you stopped to ask yourself what our society will be without religion? its because of peoples' religious convictions that they avoid doing many wrong things. man tends to do evil by nature but many 'backward' africans hold back sometimes because they believe that these things bring divine punishment. granted, they are not acting for the right reason but at least they are not doing the wrong they would otherwise have done. if a guy who is broke prefers to go to church and pray for a job rather than commit crime is that wrong? if a girl with no means decides not to prostitute herself because she believes its a sin, is that wrong? if a civil servant decides not to steal public funds because he believes its ungodly, does that make religion bad? it is religion that teaches people self discipline, kindness to your neighbours, taking care of the downtrodden etc. etc.
Now in the few cases where individuals wrongly use religious beliefs to perpetrate evil, people go shouting RELIGION RELIGION. i dont think you are being objective about it.

Believe me, if you remove religion from Nigerian society, we will disintegrate so fast we wont know what hit us

1 Like

Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by babylolaroy(f): 9:03am On Aug 23, 2013
ladenz:

i dont understand why so many people on NL blame religion for the ills of society. have you stopped to ask yourself what our society will be without religion? its because of peoples' religious convictions that they avoid doing many wrong things. man tends to do evil by nature but many 'backward' africans hold back sometimes because they believe that these things bring divine punishment. granted, they are not acting for the right reason but at least they are not doing the wrong they would otherwise have done. if a guy who is broke prefers to go to church and pray for a job rather than commit crime is that wrong? if a girl with no means decides not to prostitute herself because she believes its a sin, is that wrong? if a civil servant decides not to steal public funds because he believes its ungodly, does that make religion bad? it is religion that teaches people self discipline, kindness to your neighbours, taking care of the downtrodden etc. etc.
Now in the few cases where individuals wrongly use religious beliefs to perpetrate evil, people go shouting RELIGION RELIGION. i dont think you are being objective about it.

Believe me, if you remove religion from Nigerian society, we will disintegrate so fast we wont know what hit us
Thats d first fact i concur with on this thread. its true we just can survive and enjoy a peaceful existence without religion.
But we shouldnt use it to perpetrate evil..i heard on news dat d senator will be interviewed tomorrow 9 am on channels. probably we should just hear what he has to say
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by Umamman1(m): 12:11pm On Jan 30, 2015
babylolaroy:

i love yu!!!!
u r welcome

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

The Flamboyant Golf Life Of Governor Seyi Makinde / Bianca Ojukwu Celebrates Chimamanda Adichie, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Dora Akunyili / CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.