Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,778 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (278024 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ellapius(f): 6:54pm On Jan 07, 2016
cckris:

Check Updates.
Windows don't work well when there's an Update waiting be installed.
i av done update b4 but had to rest the fone again cos i couldnt recieve calls people were complaining they culdnt reach,m on fone
so i had to reset thhe fone and i lost vry in.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ellapius(f): 6:56pm On Jan 07, 2016
talktimi:
your network might be bad. Check you have a good 3G/H+ connection though I download even with edge
am using 3g
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by cckris: 10:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
ellapius:
i av done update b4 but AC to rest the fone again cos i couldnt recieve calls people were complaining they culdnt reach,m on fone
so i had to reset thhe fone and i lost vry in.
Too bad no one guided you properly.
After SOFTWARE UPDATE, it's necessary to BACK UP as listed in the SETTINGS, before HARD RESET, which deletes everything in the phone, back to what Nokia used to call Factory Setting. After this process, which takes about 30 minutes, the phone Re-starts like the first time it was purchased. That's why it's good to write write out your Microsoft e-mail account username and password. When you enter this Microsoft sign-up account properly, everything begins to flow. If you don't get it right, they have a tedious process of verification that must be followed.

Like you're doing now, this process stressed me endlessly, until I learned to do as Microsoft directed. Their phone is very good, and they're working hard to protect themselves from millions of malicious hackers.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by cckris: 12:08am On Jan 08, 2016
ellapius:
am using 3g
At Settings - Network +, if you on 3G, one of the SIMS will be turned off. The only solution is turn off 3G at Network +
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by shupsyBaba(m): 9:08am On Jan 08, 2016
Morning all, complements of the season.

I have used iOs, Android and even BB, and decided to try a WinPhone.
So I got myself a WP - Lumia 730, very nice phone actually.

I have installed a couple of apps from the Windows Store but I have a challenge
with BBM. It is so so so so SLOW, gosh how do you guys use that app.

I get a notification and then I press the icon on the home screen and all I see is the
spinning loading circle.

I close and reopen - now it will go past the loading circle but remain on a white blank
page.

Close again and reopen now I will see the Chat, Feed, Contact ... tabs but no content

Close and open again then start praying and finally it will open.

It opens only to realize that its just a yeye ping but I must say this is the worst BBM
experience I have had. The app is much faster on other platforms

Maybe its me but pls can you guys help or is there a mod or trick or app I have to
install to fix / address this.

Would appreciate your feedback.

Please o! I do not know and am simply asking - I no dey find insult o! Just knowledge
(a bere ona o kin shin na - person wey ask for directions no dey lost)

Regards
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by charlesm91(m): 9:49am On Jan 08, 2016
shupsyBaba:
Morning all, complements of the season.

I have used iOs, Android and even BB, and decided to try a WinPhone.
So I got myself a WP - Lumia 730, very nice phone actually.

I have installed a couple of apps from the Windows Store but I have a challenge
with BBM. It is so so so so SLOW, gosh how do you guys use that app.

I get a notification and then I press the icon on the home screen and all I see is the
spinning loading circle.

I close and reopen - now it will go past the loading circle but remain on a white blank
page.

Close again and reopen now I will see the Chat, Feed, Contact ... tabs but no content

Close and open again then start praying and finally it will open.

It opens only to realize that its just a yeye ping but I must say this is the worst BBM
experience I have had. The app is much faster on other platforms

Maybe its me but pls can you guys help or is there a mod or trick or app I have to
install to fix / address this.

Would appreciate your feedback.

Please o! I do not know and am simply asking - I no dey find insult o! Just knowledge
(a bere ona o kin shin na - person wey ask for directions no dey lost)

Regards
word of advice, uninstall that shit app if you don't want to get frustrated. BBM isn't serious about Windows phone for now. lets all hop w10 will bring the much needed attention.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by shupsyBaba(m): 11:03am On Jan 08, 2016
charlesm91:
word of advice, uninstall that shit app if you don't want to get frustrated. BBM isn't serious about Windows phone for now. lets all hop w10 will bring the much needed attention.

poo app grin cheesy guess that sums it up!

w10 sounds promising lets hope it lives up to expectations

Cheers
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Larule007(m): 4:38pm On Jan 08, 2016
Pls house my L535 can't connect to any wifi hotspot...keeps displaying the wifi network didn't respond or your phone can't connect to d wifi network. Pls how can i rectify this course d store keep asking for wifi before i upgrade my whatsapp
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by cckris: 7:53pm On Jan 08, 2016
Larule007:
Pls house my L535 can't connect to any wifi hotspot...keeps displaying the wifi network didn't respond or your phone can't connect to d wifi network. Pls how can i rectify this course d store keep asking for wifi before i upgrade my whatsapp
It appears that Microsoft doesn't connect with SIMPLE SERVER.
If you have a legit Wi-Fi it should work. Microsoft server can easily see a hacked app, and reject it.
A 50 mb mobile data balance should download Whatsapp without Wi-Fi.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 9:43pm On Jan 08, 2016
jendor123:
pls how do i save/download video from youtube on lumia520
Use Uc browser.

You'll see a blue video icon when on the video page.
Just click on that to download the video.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 9:48pm On Jan 08, 2016
khattab008:
I also cant find pdf files sent to my phone thru bluetooth.
Add a .jpg prefix to the PDF file name by renaming before you send through Bluetooth.
Then locate the file in your file manager in "saved pictures"on your WP.
remove the .jpg and you have your PDF file intact.

You can do this for all file types which don't show up through Bluetooth on WP.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 9:58pm On Jan 08, 2016
cckris:
At Settings - Network +, if you on 3G, one of the SIMS will be turned off. The only solution is turn off 3G at Network +
cckris:

It appears that Microsoft doesn't connect with SIMPLE SERVER.
If you have a legit Wi-Fi it should work. Microsoft server can easily see a hacked app, and reject it.
A 50 mb mobile data balance should download Whatsapp without Wi-Fi.

Seriously, I hope you are even reading the posts you are replying, because your replies are off-key to me. shocked

When did that man mention using simple server? shocked
He said his Wifi isn't working I think and you're saying something else!

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Larule007(m): 12:48am On Jan 09, 2016
I think it's my phone wifi that has prob,tried to connect to multiple wifi but couldn't. I av more dan enof data on my phone,but d f**king store won't allow me use it to upgrade my whatsapp,sh*t keep asking of wifi. If not 4 d whatsapp i dnt normally care abt d wifi,cos i always av enof data to take me through every month.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Larule007(m): 12:59am On Jan 09, 2016
These are the displays.

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by RealAdewole(m): 3:30am On Jan 09, 2016
My l520 don brick i was playing star conquer pro n it shut down n restart showing d regular NOKIA next thing i saw was ''ERROR: Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to shut down'' pls urgent help on how to flash it
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by khattab008: 9:16am On Jan 09, 2016
Elxandre:

Add a .jpg prefix to the PDF file name by renaming before you send through Bluetooth.
Then locate the file in your file manager in "saved pictures"on your WP.
remove the .jpg and you have your PDF file intact.

You can do this for all file types which don't show up through Bluetooth on WP.

Thanks, it worked.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 09, 2016
RealAdewole:
My l520 don brick i was playing star conquer pro n it shut down n restart showing d regular NOKIA next thing i saw was ''ERROR: Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to shut down'' pls urgent help on how to flash it
lol
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by tmamuda(m): 4:55pm On Jan 09, 2016
Larule007:
I think it's my phone wifi that has prob,tried to connect to multiple wifi but couldn't. I av more dan enof data on my phone,but d f**king store won't allow me use it to upgrade my whatsapp,sh*t keep asking of wifi. If not 4 d whatsapp i dnt normally care abt d wifi,cos i always av enof data to take me through every month.

Disable the wifi downloads.
Go to store - setting off only get WiFi download
Hope it works
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by tmamuda(m): 5:14pm On Jan 09, 2016
khattab008:
Am having problems downloading from the store through wifi can i use mobile data instead?
And whats does the sign that looks like o in the screen shot means its always poping up, am new to window phone.
Thanks

You can use mobile data just off download using WiFi on store setting
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by tmamuda(m): 5:16pm On Jan 09, 2016
ellapius:
hi people
i just join the team with lumia 535.
i moved from samsung grand to it.
i need some helpp.its soo strange and new.but am loving it.place games i can download plssssss

Mind games
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ugotuf(m): 6:15pm On Jan 09, 2016
Simple server or psiphon working on WP yet?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by onatisi(m): 6:35pm On Jan 09, 2016
Guys,checkout this browser on windows store ,maxthon browser it is by far better than u browser. Surfy browser too is very good but the truth is it takes time to master unlike ucbrowser but once u do ,you wont go near msn browser or uc browser again .
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ugotuf(m): 6:42pm On Jan 09, 2016
onatisi:
Guys,checkout this browser on windows store ,maxthon browser it is by far better than u browser. Surfy browser too is very good but the truth is it takes time to master unlike ucbrowser but once u do ,you wont go near msn browser or uc browser again .
I use it on Android it's faster than uc by far.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Ekpees: 6:59pm On Jan 09, 2016
I am one of those who bought the Lumia 535 and I want to advice members of the public not to buy this phone.I can't count the number of times that I have done factory reset or restarting of the phone just to correct one problem or the other.I managed to update the phone from a WiFi in a frend tecno q1,and decided to charge the phone.after charging the phone is no longer seeing sim2.i have tried everything the phone says no sim in sim 2.don't buy this phone thanks for reading
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by onatisi(m): 7:27pm On Jan 09, 2016
ugotuf:

I use it on Android it's faster than uc by far.
bros I give glory to god for making me be unable to download and reinstall ucbrowser,that led me to do more research about other browsers that conserves and compress data like ucbrowser. That led me to maxthon and surfy browsers
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by khattab008: 7:28pm On Jan 09, 2016
ugotuf:
Simple server or psiphon working on WP yet?

No
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 7:55pm On Jan 09, 2016
Ekpees:
I am one of those who bought the Lumia 535 and I want to advice members of the public not to buy this phone.I can't count the number of times that I have done factory reset or restarting of the phone just to correct one problem or the other.I managed to update the phone from a WiFi in a frend tecno q1,and decided to charge the phone.after charging the phone is no longer seeing sim2.i have tried everything the phone says no sim in sim 2.don't buy this phone thanks for reading

Guy cool down. How can you advice against buying L535 based on the above reason? Your devicr is locked to 3G that's why its not discovering your second SIM.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by uptimum123(m): 11:15pm On Jan 09, 2016
Ekpees:

Guy abeg no discourage people, have been using that same phone for months now and I have no problem with it, you just have to understand how Windows phone works
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by martineverest(m): 12:28am On Jan 10, 2016
Samsung just launched their flagship tablet,galaxy tab pro s,with Windows 10,ditching Android OS.
Samsung also ditched 'ATIV' brand , which was meant for window, for popular ' galaxy' brand.
does this give a clue that we might likely see a Samsung galaxy s7 pro with window 10 continuum?

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by martineverest(m): 12:33am On Jan 10, 2016
Samsung just launched their flagship tablet,galaxy tab pro s,with Windows 10,ditching Android OS.
Samsung also ditched 'ATIV' brand , which was meant for window, for popular ' galaxy' brand.
does this give a clue that we might likely see a Samsung galaxy s7 pro with window 10 continuum?... Lets watch!

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by martineverest(m): 12:38am On Jan 10, 2016
The new Samsung tab pro s tablets with window 10

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ellapius(f): 1:19am On Jan 10, 2016
tmamuda:

Mind games
k thanks people.i am loving it .but ooopp 2gig fonished in 5days pls how do i save my mb

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (158) (Reply)

Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.