Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (278256 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DY20: 6:39pm On Jun 24, 2016
RZArecta:
hearing this for the first time.
Have you tried soft resetting ?
Is your os up to date ?
You might have to delete the app and re install it all over again
I have done that bro. Currently running windows 10...
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by bobo65(m): 6:27am On Jun 28, 2016
DY20:
Help... WhatsApp on Lumia 535 won't deliver messages until i open the app. Not running battery saver mode. Checked the notification and ib have allowed it to run in the background but nothing seems to work. Even WindowsCentral users are complaining.. are you experiencing same?

Experienced dat on my Lumia 920

By messages, do u mean just bbm?
Cos That's where i had issues
And also wen playing music with bbm, it gets stuck to one music
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DY20: 7:40am On Jun 28, 2016
bobo65:

Experienced dat on my Lumia 920
By messages, do u mean just bbm? Cos That's where i had issues And also wen playing music with bbm, it gets stuck to one music
WhatsApp, and some other social media apps.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Larule007(m): 10:02pm On Jun 28, 2016
Pls friends,how can a windows 10 user check calls duration of each call? Mine ain't showing...only showing the time of the call. Thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by rapthugx(m): 11:15am On Jul 08, 2016
Good day, please is opera mini still working on windows phone? Mine stopped working few days ago n I deleted n downloaded it again same issue. Is anybody experiencing same problem? Any solution? I noticed UC browser (which I am using now) is not very good in an area with a not so good network. I also tried surfy same issue with UC browser. I will like to get the opera mini working again. Thanks.

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by doeying(m): 2:20pm On Jul 08, 2016
Hmmmm...windows, I think I have been discouraged. Used the lumia 535 and don't really enjoy it. The specs of the phones are nice...really nice but that's where it ends. The apps are plain annoying. Bbm never ever gets an update . it stops your music or makes it just play one song repeatedly. Instagram does not have the DM function. And so many apps don't exist on this platform. I get its not Microsoft's fault but the app developers but we need the total package when using a phone.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
Windows10 mobile is the most frustrating OS I've ever seen.

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 08, 2016
UjSizzle:
really....how...cos my doesnt suck
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 10:50pm On Jul 08, 2016
doeying:
Hmmmm...windows, I think I have been discouraged. Used the lumia 535 and don't really enjoy it. The specs of the phones are nice...really nice but that's where it ends. The apps are plain annoying. Bbm never ever gets an update . it stops your music or makes it just play one song repeatedly. Instagram does not have the DM function. And so many apps don't exist on this platform. I get its not Microsoft's fault but the app developers but we need the total package when using a phone.
Junp on the Windows 10 train - you'll get a better experience. Instagram has dm on Windows 10.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by kkon(m): 5:00am On Jul 09, 2016
neatly used lumia 535 for sale at 18k only serz buyers should call 08063432061.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by cckris: 12:03pm On Jul 12, 2016
UjSizzle:
Uju, kindly explain, so that everyone can learn from your experience. But keep sizzling.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by spacyzuma(m): 12:12pm On Jul 12, 2016
I rarely use my Win10Mo-running Lumia 930 now.

The only bug I've observed is with Groove Music when I'm playing songs. Sometimes when a song finishes, the next song comes on with a Loud, Harsh, Unintelligible Noise. It doesn't stop until I skip to the next track or previous track. Has anybody experienced this?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 12:56pm On Jul 12, 2016
spacyzuma:
I rarely use my Win10Mo-running Lumia 930 now.

The only bug I've observed is with Groove Music when I'm playing songs. Sometimes when a song finishes, the next song comes on with a Loud, Harsh, Unintelligible Noise. It doesn't stop until I skip to the next track or previous track. Has anybody experienced this?
Give this man a beer!

I have too. Always forgetting to send a feedback to them. BTW, how is your BBM on Windows? Mine is very frustrating.

UjSizzle:
Hmmm. Nne, wetin happen?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by spacyzuma(m): 1:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
Feraz:
Give this man a beer!

I have too. Always forgetting to send a feedback to them. BTW, how is your BBM on Windows? Mine is very frustrating.

It's annoying that the app has had at least one update since I upgraded to WinMo, yet this issue remains. SMH.
Imagine when you're 'getting busy' and your phone is playing a sensual playlist of your favorite erotic songs, and then you're both rudely shockingly interrupted by that Jarring Noise!!! shocked angry

I don't use BBM on WP/WM. @Feraz
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 4:10pm On Jul 12, 2016
cckris:

Uju, kindly explain, so that everyone can learn from your experience. But keep sizzling.
There's that noise from Groove like Spacyzuma mentioned. And when you play songs the phone blinks.

Outlook mail is just hell to work with. New updates mess up something else that worked well before. When you try sending a new mail the backspace key and send options don't work.

You think something is okay and then it isn't anymore. I'm tired. And it's been too long already trying to fix their OS mess.

@Feraz

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2016
UjSizzle:

There's that noise from Groove like Spacyzuma mentioned. And when you play songs the phone blinks.

Outlook mail is just hell to work with. New updates mess up something else that worked well before. When you try sending a new mail the backspace key and send options don't work.

You think something is okay and then it isn't anymore. I'm tired. And it's been too long already trying to fix their OS mess.

@Feraz
Haven't tried sending Outlook mail since that update. The annoying one is why they removed the radio. I agree with you also. It's taken too long to fix their OS.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by honorbule(m): 6:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
Feraz:
Haven't tried sending Outlook mail since that update. The annoying one is why they removed the radio. I agree with you also. It's taken too long to fix their OS.

bro..microsoft comot RADIO!!!
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2016
Feraz:
which update are u on cos i habent upgraded from 10586.318 since and this build is really stable no prob at all
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by cckris: 7:22pm On Jul 12, 2016
UjSizzle:

@Feraz
Is ANSWER DESK not helpful?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 11:52pm On Jul 12, 2016
cckris:

Is ANSWER DESK not helpful?
Already used Feedback.
There's also the problem with Edge. Sometimes they fix something and edge gets buggy with tiled screen and blanked out pages. Then they fix it again.

I didn't even notice the Radio was gone until Feraz mentioned it. It is well.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 6:50am On Jul 13, 2016
Wao, I feel so lucky! I mean I ain't experiencing all these. Even BBM is a little better than it used to be. I have an issue with Groove tho. Sometimes, the app won't start until I restart the device, and then, the issue with updating apps on store. It's mostly error messages even when I connect with a 4G network.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 8:40am On Jul 13, 2016
UjSizzle:

Already used Feedback.
There's also the problem with Edge. Sometimes they fix something and edge gets buggy with tiled screen and blanked out pages. Then they fix it again.

I didn't even notice the Radio was gone until Feraz mentioned it. It is well.
The problem I have with edge since I updated to WP10 is once I log in to NL, it logs me out automatically; only NL oh.

kallmemrB:
which update are u on cos i habent upgraded from 10586.318 since and this build is really stable no prob at all
10.0.10372.0. I'm guessing you are still on the Windows Insider program.

honorbule:

bro..microsoft comot RADIO!!!
Yeah. . .a mistake on their part and I am sure they will fix that because people have complained about it. I am speaking for Lumia 930 users.

DJEhimond:
Wao, I feel so lucky! I mean I ain't experiencing all these. Even BBM is a little better than it used to be. I have an issue with Groove tho. Sometimes, the app won't start until I restart the device, and then, the issue with updating apps on store. It's mostly error messages even when I connect with a 4G network.
You are lucky. Mine has been acting up. . .even before the last two updates. Uninstalled and reinstalled it, enough issues. I can't send images, I cannot change profile picture, it is the only app hangs anyhow.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Larule007(m): 8:50am On Jul 13, 2016
My radio is still intact,though i'm still on 10586.107. But the call history ain't showing call duration of calls. Check phone update now,i've been asked to upgrade to 10586.420. Hope this will fix any glitches
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by darlingnuel(m): 9:43am On Jul 13, 2016
I'm on 10586.420. No glitches, whatsoever! Radio is intact. Instagram is dope with DM feature. Facebook messenger is now awesome. Music groove is dope. Store works flawlessly. All apps work just fine, except for the pathetic Facebook app. I wish IMO app will be made available on the windows platform
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Larule007(m): 7:19am On Jul 18, 2016
Now totally fed up with this win10 of a shit.

1) Charging for more than 5hrs wit d original microsoft charger,but still having 42%. So i removed the battery then put it back...lo and behold it moved to 53% *crying*. So i felt MAYBE i need to update d OS of d phone...den i put my sim inside my bro's BB Q10 (so as to use wifi o).

2) Then i connect to d wifi so as to update the os...den d unexpected happened. It first took like an hour to check for available update...d motherf**ker den showed ''Os build: 10.0.10586.497 available'' - den i was so happy - so i started d update wit d charger plugged in. The idiot still @ 0% after 3hrs and counting. And d hotspot on his phone showing i've used more than 1GB (Which i confirmed by checking d data balance). *now crying ROTF*

Pls wat can i do? And if there's no solution, i better smash d phone on d wall den - cos i'm really fed up wit it.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DY20: 8:37am On Jul 18, 2016
I have three major problem with my lumia 535 running the latest official build of windows 10 mobile.

1. The Discharge Time makes the phone almost impossible for me to use. The phone's battery which is 1900mAh last longer when playing (some) games, watching videos and listening to music but still can't be compared to my Blackberry Bold IV that use 1200mAh. Despite offing everything off-able in the setting. When my battery is fully charged, I use just about 3 hours in web browsing which is really frustrating.

2. The Discharge time is short and the charging time is long. In fact, this is one major reason I'd advise anyone, no matter how patient they are, not to use any Windows phone. Users would still have been pleased with the OS if the charging time is as quick as the discharge time. How can I charge a phone for 5 hours and use it for not more that 3 hours? It doesn't make any sense to me at all. Windows phone, as the name implies, should be thrown out of the window. "Your device is charging slow": This notification once make me look bad like I'm the one not doing it right, I bought all types of charger, ranging from #1,500 to #3,500 but no joy. I visited a friend of mine at home, I used her mum's fake #200 charger and it didn't bring the notification but the charging time still not have any significant difference.

3. Battery Saver Mode: This is one thing that is stable in low ends phone like Nokia Touch Lite, Android 2.0 and Blackberry 7.1. I can't believe Microsoft haven't get it right. Gross! Battery saver, supposedly, reduce the brightness off the phone when it kicks in, stop all background task and off services like location so that the battery life of the device will last longer. Switched on battery saver on Lumia 535 and other significant windows device too but the brightness won't adjust at all. The settings in "Extra" won't help either.

4. Brightness Slider: If Microsoft kicks in brightness slider in the display setting. The batter life would still been have able to live with. Even if you set the display to "low".. It is too bright for the eye and it still consume more battery.

The design of the OS is good but it is very unstable. Too unstable that people don't want to like the "design" anymore. I don't know much of how App design is related to OS but I think Microsoft should reduce there privacy and requirement coz I think App developers shy away Windows OS coz there are too much to give in than they will get (as there are very few users)

I'm still holding on to the device coz I hope that Microsoft would be able to fix it in the coming Anniversary Update which is expected on arrive August 2nd.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by khattab008: 9:15am On Jul 18, 2016
@DY20 and Larule007 had a similar problem with my battery recently, took too long to charge and discharged very fast, had to perform a hard reset and everything went back to normal.

You guys can try it too, it might solve some of your phone's problems.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Larule007(m): 9:42am On Jul 18, 2016
khattab008:
@DY20 and Larule007 had a similar problem with my battery recently, took too long to charge and discharged very fast, had to perform a hard reset and everything went back to normal.

Ok bro,how can some1 do hard reset...and what are the consequences/repercautions? (pls don't tell me i'm gonna lose any app or game o...henhen)
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DY20: 9:46am On Jul 18, 2016
khattab008:

Reset? Yes, I'm thinking of that too but there are lots of information on my device that I can't afford to lose yet.. As recovering backup device requires lot of data, i'm waiting for the anniversary update so as do the reset once.

And does the battery saver has effect on the brightness after the reset?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Larule007(m): 9:52am On Jul 18, 2016
@DY20 seems like my phone(L535) and yours are twins...having exactly d same problems. That sh*t started since i upgrade to win10 (and i was warned to be careful wat i wish for o). The battery safer ain't saving nothing. I always switch off data in-between wen browsing and playing SPELL IT, but d battery will still go down faster dan ASTON VILLA *smh*.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by khattab008: 10:16am On Jul 18, 2016
Larule007:

Ok bro,how can some1 do hard reset...and what are the consequences/repercautions? (pls don't tell me i'm gonna lose any app or game o...henhen)

Restore factory settings under general settings, you will lose all d data on ur fone - contacts, games, apps everything except the O.S upgrade, you can backup some of ur data before doing sha.

DY20:

Reset? Yes, I'm thinking of that too but there are lots of information on my device that I can't afford to lose yet.. As recovering backup device requires lot of data, i'm waiting for the anniversary update so as do the reset once.
And does the battery saver has effect on the brightness after the reset?

My battery saver and brightness worked fine even before i performed the hard reset.

Battery saver always restricts background data and reduces the brightness abit regardless of brightness option selected.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by aribitoye(m): 8:52am On Jul 19, 2016
trying to revert back to 8.1 but always get stuck. i have changed isp from glo to mtn to eti all to no avail. what could be the problem pls? am not enjoying win 10 on my lumia 630

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.