Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,174 members, 7,780,208 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:53 AM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (276748 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Youngpo413: 8:32am On Jul 28, 2015
DankemzI:
Windows 10 1day to go...... Whoop Whoop, 1st to download please review it for the house
for both smartphones and computer?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 8:55am On Jul 28, 2015
Unseen:

Windows 10 will be rolling out officially on 29th of July. Kindly be patient.

That is Windows 10 for desktop PCs and tablet form factor devices.

Windows phone 10 official release is not due till September or thereabout. However if you wanna experience it before then, you can subscribe to technical preview. I read that the current build released, though unfinalized is very stable and user friendly.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 9:05am On Jul 28, 2015
abduldope:
anybdy in d house dwnldn with opera ?..... mine stopd dwnld weekz ago despite uninstalling nd redwnldin it

As per the opera mini, it still saves files like pictures, pdfs, docx for me. Though I don't use it to download movies and music as I make use of UC browser for that. But in my own experience with Opera mini in downloading files, once your device is in battery saver mode, it will only enqueue the file but fail to download it, even if the application (opera mini) is currently open. If you now head to downloads in the app and check our the list, I get something like "please connect to network".

If you diagnose this as the problem that prevents your download, you can enable Opera mini to also "work in battery saver mode" by heading to battery saver in settings and locating opera mini among the running apps.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by crowther15(m): 9:13am On Jul 28, 2015
Pls Ejo ooo....... I can't download whatsapp on my sister HTC windows phone since
if I open the market place of the phone it won't load, I can't download online...... wht shuld do pls..., thanks in anticipation
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Skills102(m): 4:55pm On Jul 28, 2015
Gucciboss:

1. Charge your phone
Charge your phone for at least 20 minutes.
2. Restart your phone.
Press and hold the Power and Volume Down keys simultaneously for 10-15 seconds. Release and the phone will restart. After this operation, you may need to set the date and time on the phone.
If the problem persists, reset and restore your phone as instructed below.
3. Reset and restore your phone.
Important:
This erases all personal content on your phone and restores the factory settings.
Before continue with the reset, make sure your phone’s battery level is above 50%. To check the remaining battery life, go to Settings > battery saver. If you are not able to check it, or the level is too low, charge your phone for at least 20 minutes.
Reset your phone by using the built-in option in the phone settings. Select Settings > About > Reset your phone.
However, if you cannot access the phone settings, follow the steps below:
a. Disconnect the charger. Press and hold the
Power and Volume Down keys simultaneously. Release the pressed keys when phone vibrates and then immediately press and hold the volume down button until the phone displays an exclamation mark ( !) on the screen. Release the volume down key.
b. Then press the volume and power keys in the following order: volume up, volume down, power, and volume down.
c. Wait for your phone to reset, during the reset you will see gears rotating on the screen for up to 5 minutes, after which the screen goes blank for ~30 seconds and then your phone will restart.
d. Go through the initial phone setup. Make sure that you have the date and time set correctly on your phone ( Settings > date+time).

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA141447
Thanks..will giv it a try
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by doeying(m): 7:03pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hello room, I got a Lumia 535 last month, and its a good phone, the only challenge is I use 1gb data on a week and two days(without downloading),,this is too expensive right now, please is there anyone with cheaper data alternatives? I do basic internet use, social media and chat apps..and little browsing...thanks

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 9:13pm On Jul 28, 2015
doeying:
Hello room, I got a Lumia 535 last month, and its a good phone, the only challenge is I use 1gb data on a week and two days(without downloading),,this is too expensive right now, please is there anyone with cheaper data alternatives? I do basic internet use, social media and chat apps..and little browsing...thanks

What! Are you sure the above losted are the only things you do? I use 535, always connected and I sometimes share my data with my PC yet, I have the data taking like three weeks!
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 28, 2015
anyone on spell it here ...
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by doeying(m): 1:20am On Jul 29, 2015
DJEhimond:

What! Are you sure the above losted are the only things you do? I use 535, always connected and I sometimes share my data with my PC yet, I have the data taking like three weeks!

Hmm..ok,let me analyse...
I majorly use BBM,,,little whatsapp,facebook,instagram, yahoo mail, Linda ikeji, nairaland,I don't download videos,,,,but i am online like all the time...please is it 1gb you use for three weeks? And what do you use your data for?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Gucciboss: 1:29am On Jul 29, 2015
crowther15:
Pls Ejo ooo....... I can't download whatsapp on my sister HTC windows phone since
if I open the market place of the phone it won't load, I can't download online...... wht shuld do pls..., thanks in anticipation
always state the model of your phone.
For your inability to download,check your ntwork settings.
If you can browse and you cant download, check your network signal strenght.
finaly, make sure your phone is duly updated to latest version. you can do this by connecting your phone to computer.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by crowther15(m): 2:11am On Jul 29, 2015
Gucciboss:

always state the model of your phone.
For your inability to download,check your ntwork settings.
If you can browse and you cant download, check your network signal strenght.
finaly, make sure your phone is duly updated to latest version. you can do this by connecting your phone to computer.
Thanks bro...... I think updating it should be the major issue because I do browse through the opera and explorer on the phone. thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by aribitoye(m): 3:56am On Jul 29, 2015
trishguy:
anyone on spell it here ...
Yes I am
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 7:09am On Jul 29, 2015
doeying:

Hmm..ok,let me analyse...
I majorly use BBM,,,little whatsapp,facebook,instagram, yahoo mail, Linda ikeji, nairaland,I don't download videos,,,,but i am online like all the time...please is it 1gb you use for three weeks? And what do you use your data for?

Almost same as the above. I don't use instagra though cause we all know it zaps data.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by bettermike: 8:40am On Jul 29, 2015
Windows 10 is now officially available to everyone.

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by bettermike: 8:44am On Jul 29, 2015
ceaser:

Windows phone 10 official release is not due till September or thereabout. However if you wanna experience it before then, you can subscribe to technical preview. I read that the current build released, though unfinalized is very stable and user friendly.
Wrong!!
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 9:14am On Jul 29, 2015
bettermike:
Wrong!!

Okay. I'll check.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 9:23am On Jul 29, 2015
By the way, opera mini update was released yesterday. Noted changes include the movement of the "ellipses" tab from the right lower side to the centre. Also "private tabs" for incognito browsing appears included.

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Skills102(m): 10:41am On Jul 29, 2015
Am nt feelind ds Windows phone..pls aw do i send an attachement wt mail wtout sendin a link..all bluetooth files(documents) aint on phone and include pdf n Doc. Strayt frm phone nt app..pls help

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by sammy042(m): 10:45am On Jul 29, 2015
ceaser:
By the way, opera mini update was released yesterday. Noted changes include the movement of the "ellipses" tab from the right lower side to the centre. Also "private tabs" for incognito browsing appears included.
Good,has it started downloding?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Skills102(m): 10:47am On Jul 29, 2015
Xant i av a doc. On phone wtout it goin strayt to an app...pls help
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 11:38am On Jul 29, 2015
Skills102:
Xant i av a doc. On phone wtout it goin strayt to an app...pls help
I'm lost. What exactly is the problem and please lose the text-speak so I can comprehend what you're trying to say.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Skills102(m): 12:03pm On Jul 29, 2015
UjSizzle:

I'm lost. What exactly is the problem and please lose the text-speak so I can comprehend what you're trying to say.
na typo error..contana nt wrkin
i meant i cant attach any Doc. in my email,the attachment alws tk me to pictures nt doc.despite avin it on a folder in phone files..any help
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by arazanbal: 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
I jst check for update in my Lumia 625 running on os 8.1 nd it shows 19mb update size,i updated nd i tot it is for OS 10,d much awaited,surprisingly it still shows OS 8.1 after d installation of d update.guys wht dis all abt
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by abduldope(m): 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2015
ceaser:

As per the opera mini, it still saves files like pictures, pdfs, docx for me. Though I don't use it to download movies and music as I make use of UC browser for that. But in my own experience with Opera mini in downloading files, once your device is in battery saver mode, it will only enqueue the file but fail to download it, even if the application (opera mini) is currently open. If you now head to downloads in the app and check our the list, I get something like "please connect to network".

If you diagnose this as the problem that prevents your download, you can enable Opera mini to also "work in battery saver mode" by heading to battery saver in settings and locating opera mini among the running apps.
tried ur method bt no owtcm... i bliv itz a bug related issuse frm d last update
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by abduldope(m): 1:46pm On Jul 29, 2015
ceaser:
have this upadte since last week bt yet jst to dwnld odinary 5kb file will only lead to dwnld failed
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by mayordadon(m): 2:18pm On Jul 29, 2015
waooo make una help me i don dey download win10 update ooo cos i saw it from my pc today u guys should wish me save journey oooo make my pc knw crash

cos i fink say na windows7 nd 8.1 fit recieve d update but i saw d update from my hp650 windows 8 .....anyway sha am downloading it

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 2:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
Skills102:
na typo error..contana nt wrkin
i meant i cant attach any Doc. in my email,the attachment alws tk me to pictures nt doc.despite avin it on a folder in phone files..any help

Try navigating to the said document hold for options > share > Gmail/hotmail or what have you ... and your document gets attached.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Skills102(m): 2:57pm On Jul 29, 2015
DJEhimond:

Try navigating to the said document hold for options > share > Gmail/hotmail or what have you ... and your document gets attached.
THUMBS UP..Thanks so much..realy saved me tym n moni...

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by doeying(m): 5:03pm On Jul 29, 2015
Is it just me or the Lumia 535 does not come with Cortana?,,,I even tried downloading but its not in the windows store..
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 6:21pm On Jul 29, 2015
arazanbal:
I jst check for update in my Lumia 625 running on os 8.1 nd it shows 19mb update size,i updated nd i tot it is for OS 10,d much awaited,surprisingly it still shows OS 8.1 after d installation of d update.guys wht dis all abt

Really some submissions on this forum has been misleading people. Windows 10 (update to windows 7/8.1) for PC and tablet form factors is what is released this month. Windows phone 10 OS official release isn't due till October.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 6:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
ceaser:

bettermike:
Wrong!!

ceaser:

Okay. I'll check.

So there you have it. The screenshot shows you're not alone in the misguidance. I didn't wanna argue cos it's apparent you're not likely to get convinced without some evidences. You can bing for more news on the expected date for release of Windows phone 10 OS.

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 6:42pm On Jul 29, 2015
Skills102:
Am nt feelind ds Windows phone..pls aw do i send an attachement wt mail wtout sendin a link..all bluetooth files(documents) aint on phone and include pdf n Doc. Strayt frm phone nt app..pls help

This is what you do in case of Microsoft office documents. Open the office app in your phone. Then locate the document and long-press on it. You get the options in screenshot. Select "share" and you have the options to share including thru e-mail.

To share from the phone file system, get Microsoft "files" app installed on your device. You can then manage your files therein, including sharing them.

Here are some file managers that are good.

Check out "Aerize Explorer Pro" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=6c4f5660-1ad4-416c-b3ea-c157b62fe49d

Check out "Files&Folders Pro" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=ec460870-3353-4d18-86e1-4b30cdabb432

Check out "Files" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=762e837f-461d-4847-8399-3526f54fc25e

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (158) (Reply)

Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.