Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (278220 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 29, 2014
Please Windows 8 and 8.1 users, can one send media files via Bluetooth on windows phone?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by EUGENE4GOO(m): 12:31pm On Nov 29, 2014
ceaser:

There's no 2go for windows yet, but other social networks you mentioned are supported o Windows phone plus the MSFT "Nearby Live" social network application.

And money deduction following expiry of data is not a handset issue but network issue. eMpTy heN is very notorious for that. Glo spares your credit when your data expires, but eMpTy heN does not. So if she has her eMpTy heN SIM on a windows phone, her credit is equally endangered.
Guy thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by orimion(m): 2:45pm On Nov 29, 2014
Elxandre:

Moliplayer can play .vob videos.
Just rename the .srt files to your video file name.
Then place the subtitle file into the same folder as the video file.
Go to moliplayer settings and set language to just 'English'
Reboot your phone.

Mention me if you have any more issues with it.
thanks, I got it. I also realized that the default video player can do it too (but can't play vob) so I convert the vob first because moliplayer is occupying 1.56gb of space on my sd card.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by orimion(m): 2:47pm On Nov 29, 2014
ceaser:

Sorry, but you've missed it. "Aerize explorer" is a windows phone file manager that automatically sequesters whatever file you open with ut in an "incoming folder". So when you click your pdf file in the UC browser, you're given the option of opening with either adobe or aerize explorer. Choosing the former simply opens the file and gets it into the adobe file system but not in your phone file system. But choosing the latter gets your file into the phone system such that you can access, even in a PC and share it with others at a lager date.
thanks, for this and your other replies. Good work
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by orimion(m): 2:50pm On Nov 29, 2014
In storage sense, the storage occupied by 'others' and 'system' is growing at an alarming rate, why And where do Bluetooth received files go?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by orimion(m): 2:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
heeeman30:
Please Windows 8 and 8.1 users, can one send media files via Bluetooth on windows phone?
just turn your Bluetooth on before trying to share
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by rodeo0070(m): 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2014
ceaser:

A latest update rolled out this morning sped up the page opening of BBM on my device. So the "setting up BBM" should equally be addressed. Check the screenshot below
I finally found a way myself. Its easy. Follow my steps here:
*Connect your phone to the internet via WIFI.
*Uninstall the one you have or download the new one via WIFI.
*After downloading, allow it to start. It will automatically bring out the prompt page to enter your email and password or register if you are a new user.
*Datsall. send me message for any info...
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Ay92(m): 6:50pm On Nov 29, 2014
ceaser:

I bet you use the IE (internet explorer) browser in the phone. The version of IE that comes with WP8 is known to have battery draining issues. You can cross check that by heading to battery saver in your settings page to compare the power usage of your running apps. The IE that comes with WP8.1 however, has this problem addressed such that it can be fun browsing with it now.

The alternative could be the use of Opera mini browser or Nokia xpress browser - if you don't mind missing out flash effects and animations in your browsing experience.
ok thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by samflex(m): 9:44pm On Nov 30, 2014
i have a problem guys, my lumia 620 restarted twice by itself and went on airplane mode.
I've tried all I can and it's still stuck on airplane mode, software is cyan...now I can't receive or make call or browse.
has anyone experienced this before? how did you sort it out? do I have to take it to nokia care?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Michky: 10:02pm On Nov 30, 2014
samflex:
i have a problem guys, my lumia 620 restarted twice by itself and went on airplane mode.
I've tried all I can and it's still stuck on airplane mode, software is cyan...now I can't receive or make call or browse.
has anyone experienced this before? how did you sort it out? do I have to take it to nokia care?
Phone acting up? Virus. Did you plug your phone onto any pc recently? You used it on an infected wifi network probably? Cyber cafe perhaps? Okay. Here's what to do. Since no standard antivirus works on windows phones, your ONLY solution is Factory Setting Restore. That way, your phone does what an antivirus would do but in a different way. Factory setting returns your phone to the point it was when you first bought it. Be warned, you will lose a few apps but you can always re-download them i believe. Have a good night. Oops! Lest i forget. STOP DOWNLOADING FREE MUSIC. They are full of viruses.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by samflex(m): 12:04am On Dec 01, 2014
Michky:
Phone acting up? Virus. Did you plug your phone onto any pc recently? You used it on an infected wifi network probably? Cyber cafe perhaps? Okay. Here's what to do. Since no standard antivirus works on windows phones, your ONLY solution is Factory Setting Restore. That way, your phone does what an antivirus would do but in a different way. Factory setting returns your phone to the point it was when you first bought it. Be warned, you will lose a few apps but you can always re-download them i believe. Have a good night. Oops! Lest i forget. STOP DOWNLOADING FREE MUSIC. They are full of viruses.

thanks, I've been plugging it to my pc but today nothing like that. I already did factory reset still not working.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by samflex(m): 10:59am On Dec 01, 2014
so I went online and was reading so many review about my problem. ..seems like the cyan software has a glitch that causes the phone to be stuck on airplane mode.
been using this phone since last year November without any problem, if I take it to nokia and they give some silly excuse then I'm done with them.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Michky: 1:55pm On Dec 01, 2014
samflex:

thanks, I've been plugging it to my pc but today nothing like that. I already did factory reset still not working.
Perhaps its a rootkit or dos virus. One that ingrains itself in the core of the operating system, such that when you restore factory setting, it returns and continues to run. I might be wrong. Its probably a cyan problem as you suggested. This is my best guess anyways. Nokia customer care it is then. It is well.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by AniTech(m): 2:21pm On Dec 01, 2014
Help. . . I need an app to download videos frm YouTube on my Lumia625. Thanks.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 2:30pm On Dec 01, 2014
samflex:
so I went online and was reading so many review about my problem. ..seems like the cyan software has a glitch that causes the phone to be stuck on airplane mode.
been using this phone since last year November without any problem, if I take it to nokia and they give some silly excuse then I'm done with them.
I suggest you connect to a WiFi, then enable developers preview, download the updates and let's see what happens.

On second thoughts, don't do this, as it might void your warranty if you still have any.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by oyelami170: 2:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
samflex:
I suggest you soft reset it, and if it doesn't work; hard reset it
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by samflex(m): 3:41pm On Dec 01, 2014
thanks everyone who tried to help by giving out tips, I tried everything....soft reset $ hard rest.
I even did factory reset, someone suggested nokia recovery tool but I couldn't go online with the phone as it couldn't allow it connect to a Wi-Fi.
finally took it to a slot nearby as my warranty expired last month and the technician said my serial number is corrupt so they'll have to rewrite everything again, I was billed 4k and told to come back for it in 2 days,
so I'll keep updating you guys till it's back to normal.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
i believe bbm should be working fine now. uninstall and reinstall it
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by AniTech(m): 2:32am On Dec 03, 2014
AniTech:

Need an answer please.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 7:57am On Dec 03, 2014
AniTech:

All you need is UCbrowser. when you select the video you which to download, a blue video icon will appear down left of your screen. Tap on it and select watch offline. the video will download.

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by samflex(m): 12:09pm On Dec 03, 2014
so I went for my phone today and its working well again, the repairer said my serial number was corrupt because of the virus In cyan software.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by samflex(m): 12:09pm On Dec 03, 2014
so I went for my phone today and its working well again, the repairer said my serial number was corrupt because of the virus In cyan software.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 6:07pm On Dec 03, 2014
samflex:

Virus in Cyan ? Which Cyan? Official cyan abi developer cyan?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by samflex(m): 10:31pm On Dec 03, 2014
Unseen:

Virus in Cyan ? Which Cyan? Official cyan abi developer cyan?

official, that software update has some issues...guess it isn't compatible with some Lumia phones
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by AniTech(m): 12:09am On Dec 04, 2014
Unseen:

All you need is UCbrowser. when you select the video you which to download, a blue video icon will appear down left of your screen. Tap on it and select watch offline. the video will download.

Thnx bro.... Ayav d ucbrowser.... Hav alwys been seeing d watch offline..bt just didn't knw it wil download d video.

Thnks.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 04, 2014
i want to swap a lumia 920 with a 730. anyone interested?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by orimion(m): 9:00am On Dec 04, 2014
kinesis:
i want to swap a lumia 920 with a 730. anyone interested?
will you swap it with a 520? smiley
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 05, 2014
Hahaha
orimion:
will you swap it with a 520? smiley
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 11:56am On Dec 05, 2014
samflex:

official, that software update has some issues...guess it isn't compatible with some Lumia phones
Strange. I use a 620 and had no such problem.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 2:35pm On Dec 06, 2014
Michky:
Perhaps its a rootkit or dos virus. One that ingrains itself in the core of the operating system, such that when you restore factory setting, it returns and continues to run. I might be wrong. Its probably a cyan problem as you suggested. This is my best guess anyways. Nokia customer care it is then. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by orimion(m): 8:06pm On Dec 06, 2014
How can I stop the webpage preload in Uc browser. I've put it off in settings, but it hasn't stopped
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Michky: 10:37pm On Dec 06, 2014
[quote author=ceaser post=28644411][/quote]You might find it tough to believe but windows phones are prone to viruses too. it has happened to people i know and i had to reset my phone recently because of virus. nof said.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.