Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (278037 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 11:50am On Mar 12, 2015
Mariesio:

Now I can see that the application has been downloaded but cant seem to find it in any folder. I pressed down on it in ucweb but no option to open or instal
Install files on your phone. It should help you locate your download. Search for it on Windows store.

You're welcome BTW. If I may ask, how many data worth of file did you just download?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Mariesio: 3:10pm On Mar 12, 2015
I dont care what anybody feels....Lumia or Nokia or whatever is a crap phone

I have downloaded the application and the File applicarion as you said but it gives me error msg when i wanted to open/install the application from the file.

Abeg Good Ridiance to Bad Rubbish... Just regreting this waste of time and money ....
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by IanDiamonds: 3:24pm On Mar 12, 2015
Mariesio:

Nope, it's more like a restriction to hinder mobile network downloads sized at over 100mb. There was an update from the Windows Developers Preview that removed this restriction from my phone..
Even if na 1gb, my mobile network go download am..so far my data sense allows it.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 12, 2015
sup guys pls help,i downloaded some songs and ebooks through opera mini but i cant find the songs
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 12, 2015
sup guys pls help,i downloaded some songs and ebooks through opera mini but i cant find the songs in music
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 8:17pm On Mar 12, 2015
talktimi:
pls advice. Is it wise to download apps outside the store eg from ucbrowser. That is, are there any downsides we should be aware of ?
Always download from store.
However you can download external files like videos, documents etc using ucbrowser.
I also use PC to download any file above 100MB from windowsphone.com then transfer it to my Phone sd card using usb cord.
After which I will open Store, tap on the three dots at the down right(options) select install local apps and the phone will use internet to verify the app and it will install.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 8:19pm On Mar 12, 2015
Unseen:

However you can download external files like videos, documents etc using ucbrowser.
I also use PC to download any file above 100MB from windowsphone.com then transfer it to my Phone sd card using usb cord.
After which I will open Store, tap on the three dots at the down right(options) select install local apps and the phone will use internet to verify the app and it will install.
cool, will try that method at once
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 8:30pm On Mar 12, 2015
Unseen:

Really? I just learnt something new. Will try this night and greet back to you. Thanks...

Mariesio, if it's not much of a bother, try the above suggestion.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 1:00pm On Mar 14, 2015
Slight issues o, pls help me somebory. Is there any way I can convert PDF docs to word/excel files without having to pay for the service on my phone ? I was in a real jam some days back
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by sbashir10(m): 4:36pm On Mar 14, 2015
Etisalat bis plan working on windows phones but the problem is the whatsapp cuz it isn't working with it,any help?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by henryskywalker2003(m): 4:59pm On Mar 14, 2015
Hey guys. After being on the Android train for like eons, I decided to give the Windows platform a chance to steal my heart. I went on a hunt for a Windows phone that will be cheap but also come with Windows Phone 8.1 pre-installed. Checked out the local stores here (Slot, Jumia, Konga etc), but the cheapest I saw there was Nokia Lumia 520 for 19k - 21k. Luckily for me, I stumbled upon a deal on amazon just yesterday. AT&T was having a flash sale on Nokia Lumia 635 for $29.99. I figured, what the heck, let me pick one up and get it unlocked when it gets here. Will give u guys the low down on how things are going between us.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 7:23pm On Mar 14, 2015
Mariesio:
Its a RIP OFF if a #47,500 phone cant download some major items without using WIFI. How can I be going around looking for Wifi when I have 7g on my phone

Most frustrating is not getting BB msg alerts live!!! Microsoft needs to upgrade this feature too.
#Lumia730 undecided
lol,
Simply set your uc browser to speed mode, then visit Windowsphone.com, then download the file to your sdcard.

Reboot your phone, go to store and select "install local apps"
then you should see the app earlier downloaded to sdcard.

NB. Make sure you set your uc browser to speed mode, else you won't be able to download the raw .xap or .appx file.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 7:30pm On Mar 14, 2015
trishguy:
sup guys pls help,i downloaded some songs and ebooks through opera mini but i cant find the songs in music
Opera mini doesn't have a file system for now.

You can only download and use launceable file systems like pdf, docs, epub, ppt etc.

Opera has promised a special WP update real soon.
and has already been built, so just awaiting launch.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 7:32pm On Mar 14, 2015
sbashir10:
Etisalat bis plan working on windows phones but the problem is the whatsapp cuz it isn't working with it,any help?
which of the etisalat plans is working sir? cos I know nothing about etisalat as a network.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 1:54pm On Mar 15, 2015
After a recent updated for Lumia 535 to correct the touch issues. I discovered a new app in my Phone called Messaging+ . I did a research and discovered that it's a Microsoft app that can serve as chat app. However it seem not to work in Nigeria yet.

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Mariesio: 2:44pm On Mar 15, 2015
henryskywalker2003:
Hey guys. After being on the Android train for like eons, I decided to give the Windows platform a chance to steal my heart. I went on a hunt for a Windows phone that will be cheap but also come with Windows Phone 8.1 pre-installed. Checked out the local stores here (Slot, Jumia, Konga etc), but the cheapest I saw there was Nokia Lumia 520 for 19k - 21k. Luckily for me, I stumbled upon a deal on amazon just yesterday. AT&T was having a flash sale on Nokia Lumia 635 for $29.99. I figured, what the heck, let me pick one up and get it unlocked when it gets here. Will give u guys the low down on how things are going between us.

Stay with android...my 2 kobo lipsrsealed
henryskywalker2003:

Stay with android...my 2 kobo
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by henryskywalker2003(m): 3:46pm On Mar 15, 2015
Mariesio:

Stay with android...my 2 kobo lipsrsealed

Stay with android...my 2 kobo

Lol. I know. But as a techie, one has to at least give other platforms a try before giving up on them. Who knows, I might find some feature that i love that isn't available on Android.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 4:10pm On Mar 15, 2015
henryskywalker2003:

Lol. I know. But as a techie, one has to at least give other platforms a try before giving up on them. Who knows, I might find some feature that i love that isn't available on Android.
anybody who tells you to stick with android doesn't have any REAL reason why they told you to do so. Don't start that "more apps" nonsense, they have NOTHING to say. Trust me, I've used all smartphone platforms and for me its blackberry + windows

3 Likes

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by henryskywalker2003(m): 4:31pm On Mar 15, 2015
talktimi:
anybody who tells you to stick with android doesn't have any REAL reason why they told you to do so. Don't start that "more apps" nonsense, they have NOTHING to say. Trust me, I've used all smartphone platforms and for me its blackberry + windows

Actually, I do have loads of reasons to stick with Android. But like I said, when you are techie, you need to test the other platforms and be very conversant with them. So, even if they aren't your daily driver, you can still use them to the full potential when you find yourself in a place where it is your only option.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Mariesio: 5:35pm On Mar 15, 2015
talktimi:

Give me 5 reasons to stick with Windows and I will give you 10 to stick with android...mind U am using Lumia 730 to type this .
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 6:25pm On Mar 15, 2015
Mariesio:

Give me 5 reasons to stick with Windows and I will give you 10 to stick with android...mind U am using Lumia 730 to type this .
this is not a dìck size competition, I'm using a Lumia 520 and i have ALL the apps I need. Is android a bad platform ? Definitely not but i think its wack when android users tell those interested in other platforms to avoid them. I said earlier on this topic that its mostly those who "love-vendor" phones that discourage buyers from windows products because it reduces business for them since the phone user invariably ends up doing everything by himself without paid help. Lets stop the backbiting, android isn't shìt and windows isn't shìt either
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Mariesio: 9:41pm On Mar 15, 2015
talktimi:
this is not a dìck size competition, I'm using a Lumia 520 and i have ALL the apps I need. Is android a bad platform ? Definitely not but i think its wack when android users tell those interested in other platforms to avoid them. I said earlier on this topic that its mostly those who "love-vendor" phones that discourage buyers from windows products because it reduces business for them since the phone user invariably ends up doing everything by himself without paid help. Lets stop the backbiting, android isn't shìt and windows isn't shìt either

Oh what a reasoning!!! This is why our country will never be developed! How can you say telling someone who asked for a review a honest answer...If it takes people bycotting the product before Nokia wake up to this below standard products ... so be it.

Have you read reviews on Amazon before... pls do bc you see people say the honest truth about a product and you can bank on such to buy any product.

So tell me, what am I if I tell him to go ahead and buy Nokia when presently ...

- I cant download the most needed cant be found on the Nokia store
- Applications downloaded elsewhere cannot be readily located and if seen may not install
-There is a limit of application to be downloaded ...crap
-U go through the rigour of downloading files and they cant be opened.
-BBM dont give life notification.

infact , i can go on and on. Lets face it, Microsoft is not there yet and still have a long way to go.

Pls for the record I am not a phone seller nor a repairer ...wondering how am supposed to benefit from your so callled backbitting...

Abeg pack well...
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by opinchinoo(m): 11:17pm On Mar 15, 2015
Mariesio:

Oh what a reasoning!!! This is why our country will never be developed! How can you say telling someone who asked for a review a honest answer...If it takes people bycotting the product before Nokia wake up to this below standard products ... so be it.

Have you read reviews on Amazon before... pls do bc you see people say the honest truth about a product and you can bank on such to buy any product.

So tell me, what am I if I tell him to go ahead and buy Nokia when presently ...

- Applications downloaded elsewhere cannot be readily located and if seen may not install

infact , i can go on and on. Lets face it, Microsoft is not there yet and still have a long way to go.

Pls for the record I am not a phone seller nor a repairer ...wondering how am supposed to benefit from your so callled backbitting...

Abeg pack well...
learn how to use d phone first, apart from d bbm ish(developer's fault) all ur oda complaints are base less

3 Likes

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
Guys guys. No need to fight over this OK? Like I said, this is just an experiment for me. I have handled Windows Phones in the past but never used them as a daily driver. Since I'm coming from Android, I will post my review and observations about the platform, both pros and cons without any bias. So, let's not turn this into a "my OS is better than yours" argument.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 11:30pm On Mar 15, 2015
Been on Windows for 3 years plus. I would buy windows phone over and over again. All those beefings dont get to me at all.

2 Likes

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 11:37pm On Mar 15, 2015
opinchinoo:
learn how to use d phone first, apart from d bbm ish(developer's fault) all ur oda complaints are base less
I honestly don't understand what he's yapping about. If he doesn't like the phone like he claims, he should sell it.. No biggy

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Mariesio: 8:36am On Mar 16, 2015
talktimi:
I honestly don't understand what he's yapping about. If he doesn't like the phone like he claims, he should sell it.. No biggy

You dont need to know what i am yapping about bc am giving my honest review ...

For your information I have already put FOR SALE on it and will continue to say my mind so that anybody who wants to buy the phone will do so knowing fully well its limitations.

Good Morning
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Highziq(m): 11:03am On Mar 17, 2015
Mariesio:

Abeg pack well...

lol.... so hilarious

grin
Mariesio:

Abeg pack well...

lol.... so hilarious

So u mean to tell me that Android is the best O.S out there while Microsoft is not yet there.

So funny.... U can't expect the same thing on every O.S. Each one has their pro & Cons. Those little difference makes each of them unique from each other.

The main problem i see with those from the android platform is the customization and application problem which are not relevant to those on other O.S. For example, u can't that ur common 2go application on apple store nor being allow to install apps with ur so call FlashShare app on an iphone.

Every O.S is unique in it own way. So my brother if windows is not good enough for u, abeg pack well cos android was never good enough for me as well.
Stick with what works for you and stop following the crowd.

2 Likes

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Highziq(m): 11:18am On Mar 17, 2015
Mariesio:

You dont need to know what i am yapping about bc am giving my honest review ...

For your information I have already put FOR SALE on it and will continue to say my mind so that anybody who wants to buy the phone will do so knowing fully well its limitations.

Good Morning

I should ask you, Do u think people stop buying iphone with all the limitations its has??
That exactly how its works on windows as well my bro.

Pls go back to ur android phone, I'm sure u were not forced to use a windows phone.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by opinchinoo(m): 12:09pm On Mar 17, 2015
Highziq:

I should ask you, Do u think people stop buying iphone with all the limitations its has??
That exactly how its works on windows as well my bro.

Pls go back to ur android phone, I'm sure u were not forced to use a windows phone.
windows 8.1 OS does not even have up to half d limitations on IOS
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by charlesm91(m): 1:10pm On Mar 17, 2015
Mariesio:

Abeg pack well...
have you used an iPhone? i bet the only advantage ios has over wp is app and app quality, speaking of which w10 will hopefully close up the gap. The restrictions you made mention of on wp is actually a whole lot worse on ios platform and yet we tend to praise users who use ios while playing double standards on wp. BBM hasn't taken advantage of the wp8.1 api files so the problem with notifications is still there and we may have to wait until w10 is launced cos it seems major app developers are chilling till then; w10 is make or break for microsoft. There is no limit of apps to be downloaded on the store but there is a limit cap of 100mb for downloading and anything above it is done using wifi and same goes for software update. Downloading of apps from the store only is for security purpose and the 100mb cap is willfully done by micosoft so whinning about the issue won't solve it cos it's same with ios. The work around is by using uc browser which users here have kindly pointed out already if only you see beyond your frustration with the os. Windows phone isn't as broad as android in recognizing file types but major file types can be opened in the system through the proper file app. You just need to download the app for the file you want to open; i do my office work with my phone and i have no problems at all. lastly, coming from an open os like android will definitely cut a frustrated figure for someone using wp, but it's entirely unfair to blame it when proper research of how it works hasn't been conducted by the user. There're forums for wp where most of your rants are easily answered but downplaying wp is a no no cos its actually a viable option for those seeking to switch between os.

5 Likes

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 1:57pm On Mar 17, 2015
Mariesio:

Abeg pack well...
Sorry bro, you don't know how to use a windows phone.

Set your Uc browser to speed mode and download any file size from the store! (download to sd card)
Go to store and click install local apps after rebooting your phone.
Download 'files' app to your phone to gain access to downloaded files.
that's all.

A windows phone is way more functional than an unjailbroken iphone!
Can you even send files and music from your iphone to an Android through Bluetooth?

hehehe....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (158) (Reply)

Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.